[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Childhood favorite movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 17
File: We're_Back!_Movie_Poster.jpg (53 KB, 324x490) Image search: [Google]
We're_Back!_Movie_Poster.jpg
53 KB, 324x490
I'll start.
>>
File: 91US9B4aWrL._SX342_.jpg (42 KB, 342x427) Image search: [Google]
91US9B4aWrL._SX342_.jpg
42 KB, 342x427
>>69037441
I recall this movie being fucking dark
>>
>>69037441
that movie is my fucking shiznit nigga
>>
>You will never play golf with a T-Rex.
>>
>>69037441
The crows scared me. Also the steel metallic screws. It gives me some autonomic taste that makes me shudder. Like nails on a blackboard.
>>
I watched Were Back recently on Netflix and was surprised by how much illuminati imagery is in that movie.
>>
That loli was kind of lewd.
>>
I forget what its called but something like "nine tails" about some mouse who went around doing shit.

Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal are also staples but my gma let me watch hellraiser, friday, texas chainsaw and shit like this so I had a lot of favorites.

As far as the one I watched the most, probably pee wee's big adventure. I don't know what was so enthralling but it really did seem to young me like a grandiose adventure full of shlock and amusing moments
>>
>>69037441
Loved that shit but cried like a bitch when they went bad temporarily at the end
>>
I really liked the Don Bluth movies as a kid where instead of constant musical numbers or bobbleheaded princesses 'wanting more' or whatever, you have a pretty simple scenario and a clear threat, such as mass extinction and death/rebirth of everyone and everything you've known and loved, or your entire fucking town was burned to the ground by Russian anti-Semites and now you're lost in a foreign city and will be sold into child slavery if you can't find your family, or your village was just gassed by a looming unknown threat, the helpless runt of your bunch just became an orphan and will likely die herself unless you voyage across the wastes in search of a cure, grow the fuck up quickly and learn to work as a team, ...

It was a different time, I suppose. But I really liked that style of animation and straightforward blunt storytelling, and the simplicity and honesty of it all. These were real themes that adults were dealing with, or real lessons learned by generations past, real drama, strife and triumph, and the rough edges weren't always sugarcoated away, it was just packaged in a form that was easier to access.
>>
>>69037597
Obligatory:
- the child actress playing 'Ducky', the tiny reptile with a catchphrase of 'Yep Yep Yep', was brutally murdered by her alcoholic father
- the original ending and theme of the movie was supposed to be a path toward Purgatory or the afterlife, the dinosaurs were supposed to die at the end, but that didn't pan out well with focus groups - the same themes were later explored with All Dogs Go to Heaven
>>
File: irongiant.jpg (52 KB, 1329x750) Image search: [Google]
irongiant.jpg
52 KB, 1329x750
It still hurts
>>
The Pagemaster
>>
>childhood favorites
>only post kids movies
Did you guys really only watch kids movies as kids?
>>
>>69037441
DO NO BAD
>>
File: Basil_the_great_mouse_detective3.jpg (416 KB, 2000x1342) Image search: [Google]
Basil_the_great_mouse_detective3.jpg
416 KB, 2000x1342
>>69037441
The Great Mouse Detective. I recently re-watched it and realized how lewd and violent it was. It really didn't shy away from that vicious fight between Dawson and Ratigan. Also that scene where Dawson and Basil check out the toy makers shop creeped me the fuck out as a kid.
>>
>>69043816
No. I really liked old Disney live action movies as a kid.

>20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
>Darby O'Gill and the Little People
>Journey to the Top of the World
>>
>>69037441
THE MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
*WINK*
>>
>>69044163
Holy fuck this.
>>
>>69044163
>Darby O'Gill and the Little People

mah nigga
>>
>>69044085
Don't forget the characters smoking and getting drunk.
>>
Definitely this.
>>
>>69043816
My parents let me watch so violent stuff as a kid. Highlander, Conan the Barbarian, Conan the Destroyer and Excalibur.

I remember watching Conan with my dad and seeing tits that weren't my moms for the first time. Dad was pleased I couldn't stop looking.
>>
File: James-Mason-Captain-Nemo.jpg (31 KB, 556x314) Image search: [Google]
James-Mason-Captain-Nemo.jpg
31 KB, 556x314
>>69044163

I still love this movie. Everything was perfect. James Mason is the best Nemo. Dark as shit too. Disney didn't shy away from the source material.
>>
>>69044278
>Dad was pleased I couldn't stop looking.
>>
File: jason-and-the-argonauts.jpg (333 KB, 1200x890) Image search: [Google]
jason-and-the-argonauts.jpg
333 KB, 1200x890
I watched your run of the mill Disney cartoons but I also really liked watching Jason and the Argonauts (1963) and Sinbad (1958). All the monsters in those movies scared the hell out of me and still raise my hairs up. Talos freaked me out the most.
>>
>>69044163
Good stuff.
>>69044278
I liked anything with monsters in it. Pumpkinhead, Predator, Aliens, and so on. When I was 6 my dad introduced me to zombie movies. Blew my fucking mind.
>>
>>69044402
My dad honestly didn't want to raise a gay boy. I guess it was a litmus test. I remember watching Heavy Metal too. So many cartoon tits.
>>
File: zombie-island.jpg (115 KB, 331x494) Image search: [Google]
zombie-island.jpg
115 KB, 331x494
>>
>>69044163
>Darby O'Gill
>Dat banshee scene

Fucking nightmare fuel. What the hell Disney?? That scene gave me nightmares for weeks.
>>
File: the-goonies-23569-16x9-large.jpg (67 KB, 432x240) Image search: [Google]
the-goonies-23569-16x9-large.jpg
67 KB, 432x240
Does it have to be animated?
>>
>only remember pieces of a film you watched when you were younger
>still look back on it fondly

>rewatch it as an adult and it's a steaming pile of horseshit

Why does it have to be like this?
>>
File: 1446853699434.png (398 KB, 448x478) Image search: [Google]
1446853699434.png
398 KB, 448x478
>>69044708

Just don't watch your childhood movies. Memories are a more valuable material than photos or film.
>>
STILL a perfect film.
>>
I like to
>>
>>69044708
gdi anon is it really that bad? I remember watching this movie all the fucking time as a kid and loving it.
>>
>>69044708

Lel, anon had you idolized The Sword and The Stone, you wouldn't have that problem
>>
>>69044495
The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad is another great movie.
>>
File: sillyville.jpg (10 KB, 145x214) Image search: [Google]
sillyville.jpg
10 KB, 145x214
This shit was stupid, but I loved it and knew all the songs.
>>
The Brave Little Toaster
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.