[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Melisandre, did I ever tell you how much I hate blood magic,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
>Melisandre, did I ever tell you how much I hate blood magic, sorcery, your religion and especially you for practicing all those things, manipulating and then abandoning my king, burning his daughter alive and being responsible for the death of my son, to the point where I already tried to murder you once? Now, with all that said, could you please perform this almost never before seen miracle on this random dude I don't really know or care about and whom I met like two weeks ago? He was a good friend.
>>
>>69033500
you think too much bruv
>>
the writing is awful, everything just 'happens' in the show now as well

low tier tv show
>>
>>69033536
Yeah, I think that's D&D's message to their entire audience
>>
>>69033500

Tell me about it.

If Davos was suddenly going to ask her to raise the dead, shouldn't they go find Stannis?

Why would Davos care about resurrecting Jon? Why would Dolorous Edd think this is a good idea? Why would Tormund fucking Giantsbane go along with such ridiculous witchcraft?

The way this scene played out made 0 fucking sense.
>>
>>69034017
Exactly. She should have sucked it up, decided to do it on her own, and done the ritual while his body laid in state after the wildlings showed up and kept everyone from getting massacred.
>>
>>69034017
Stannis let his daughter burn. Davos no longer believes Stannis is that great king and great man. Plus he saw what Jon did. He knows that's the best chance they have.
>>
>>69033500
How can one man be so fucking based
>>
>>69033500
Why was she so cute in that scene bro?
>>
Davos is lightbringer
>>
Davos knows that Jon is the only goddamn chance they have. Taking back the North, putting up any defense against the walkers, keeping the wildling army south of the wall in check, and any number of the multitude of other reasons.

Do you need every character's motivations spelled out for you in a brief scene of exposition before they take any action?
>>
He doesn't know any specifics of what happened in Stannis' camp after he left you utter moron. He holds Stannis responsible for Shireen's death if anything. He doesn't suddenly "like" Melisandre either, he just wants her to attempt to bring Jon back.

>hurr he just met him 2 weeks ago

How long ago he met Jon has nothing to do with why he wants him back.
>>
>Liam Cunnilingus
>Jon "Cunnilingus" Snow
Pottery.
>>
>>69034017
does davos even know stannis is dead?
>>
>>69034017

The people who criticize this show are so unintelligent. On 4chan now the words "this made no sense" is a 100% indication that you are about to read/have just read the words of someone who is barely able to think at a human level.
>>
>>69035213

Do WE even know Stannis is dead?

Game of Thrones isn't exactly the type of show to let a major death occur off-screen.
>>
>>69033500
Davos and rest should've almost burned Jon out of respect. But just before the flames engulf him, Melly sees "something in the flame" and intervenes at the last minute. Or Jon doesn't burn, heard he was a targaryen or some shit.

Either way, missed opportunities.
>>
>>69034017
>If Davos was suddenly going to ask her to raise the dead, shouldn't they go find Stannis?

Yeah, why not leave a fortress with no provisions and probably without horses, trek through the tundra to find a man in area where hundreds of dead dudes are splayed everywhere days and days and days away near a vast winter wilderness in enemy territory to find a guy we're not even 100% sure is dead.

Yes the sudden idea of "oh hey try this resurrection shit even though your magic spooky shit is part of the reason I wanted to kill you" is stupid, but thats pretty up there in the more stupidier department.

You guys are literally DnD tier ideaguys.
>>
>>69033500
I read all that in his voice, it was quite amusing.
>>
>>69035392
This
>>
>>69035424
I love his voice
>>
The last couple of seasons were bad but watchable. This new season is just laughably awful. My friends, who enjoy stuff like Deadpool, even commented on how the quality of the show has dropped drastically.

I actually feel sad typing this as I did enjoy the show. Now its dead and I'm on the verge of dropping it completely.
>>
Drake dropped an awful album.
GoT went to utter shit.
Prince died.

What a fucking disappointing month.

Thank God Dark Souls 3 turned out to be amazing.
>>
>>69035515

First episode was shit. I didn't have any complaints about the second episode, kept me entertained.
>>
>>69035297
yeah these neets are retarded.

>this plot won't follow the most basic possible road , this must mean that it makes NO SENSE!!!11 please upvote me i'm so smarter than these professional writers writing for the biggest show on television right now
>>
>>69034514
if Davos knew Stannis burned Shiree he wouldn't be so cozy with Melisanders because he'd know she put him up to it
>>
>>69035607
>Dark Souls 3 turned out to be a bigger disappointment than Dark Souls 2

fixed that for you bruh
>>
>>69035359
Fucking this
>>
>>69035607
drake album wasn't awful
go back to r/hiphop
>>
>>69034514
Davos doesn't know Stannis burnt his daughter. She just knows they supposedly all died fighting the Boltons.
>>
>>69035515
The first episode was horrible, the second less so. I am just sad that they have stopped giving a shit about any story but the northern story
>>
>>69035213
No not really. Melisandre implied they all died but even she wouldn't know if Stannis is dead. She left before the battle.
>>
>>69035392
that's fucking stupif
>>
>>69035650
Even /mu/ knows that DS2 was a catastrophic joke. Go back to /v/. There are usually a couple of 15 year olds dumb enough to eat that kinda bait.
>>
>>69035392
Holy shit that would have been fucking awesome to see him not burn in the pyre. Like the fire would have given him life and shit. FUCK. I hope GRRM does that in the books because my dick is ready for that reveal.
>>
>>69035607
>16 year olds
>caring about prince

sure bro.
>>
>>69035421
not to mention the fact that the boltons are known for flaying people's bodies, I'm sure they propped Stannis up like a human pinata

same thing as they did to wolf boy
>>
>>69035829

Why don't you just parrot shit people have told you more.

DS3 is garbage. Poise does nothing, rolling iframes are out of fucking control, only a handful of the weapon classes are viable so I hope you like straight swords bruh, the covenants are uninteresting as fuck, everything is the same boring fucking brown color palette.

DS2 + SOTFF is a better game. Period.
>>
>>69035649
>>69035672
Mark my words.

Somewhere, somehow, Davos is going to find out that Melisandre murdered Shireen. Right now he just assumes the Boltons did it.

On that day the witch dies.
>>
>>69035607
>Thank God Dark Souls 3 turned out to be amazing.
The main game was gorgeous and the designs were cool but alot of it was bland and rehashy and the mechanics are all spammy twitchy casual shit now. It isn't really Demon Souls like anymore at all.
>>
>>69035392
>Or Jon doesn't burn, heard he was a targaryen or some shit.
this is what i was expecting to happen
>>
>>69034589
Girls are cute when they aren't acting like hell witches.
>>
>>69033500
He cares about the North. Obivously.
>>
>>69035607
Drake has always been awful
>>
File: jh693H9A.jpg (173 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
jh693H9A.jpg
173 KB, 1252x1252
>>69033500
>on this random dude I don't really know or care about
Yea Jon is just some random guy who has the support of most of the Nights Watch, understands the threats of the whites, has fought whitewalkers before, and has a plan against the whitewalkers unlike any other viable lord commander -- all of which are crucial to protecting the realm and everyone at castle black
Maybe if you thought a bit harder, you'd understand why catarina knight asked her
>although his hatred for her is downplayed a bit more than it should be
>>
>>69037621
This
>>
>>69035607

GoT has been shit since S2. Drake was never good.
>>
>>69034017
>Why would Davos care about resurrecting Jon?

Yeah fucking this. I never was under the impression that Davos cared too much for the Nights Watch and the Wall. All he wanted was to serve his king.
>>
>>69033665
>everything just 'happens'
my thoughts exactly, there's no build up to anything

like where the fuck did the sneks killing prince doran and ramsay killing roose come from?
>>
>>69035650
please kill yourself, I can't even imagine how much of a contrarian you must be to think that
>>
>>69033665

half the dialogue is literally telling the audience what is happening. They may as well have a narrator.
>>
>>69034589
Because she was broken and sad. You have an ingrained desire to comfort her.
>>
File: 1462188688961.png (479 KB, 1181x853) Image search: [Google]
1462188688961.png
479 KB, 1181x853
>>
>>69034661
Tormund seems like a decent chap.
>>
>>69039156
Nothing is sacred
>>
>>69035659
>>69035359
Please stop. This is cringe inducing.
>>
>>69033500
D&D are normies, why are you surprised when they do normie shit
It was bound to happen, this kind of bullshit will continue now that GRRM is away "finishing the book" (aka: fucking groupies)
>>
>>69038606
The show's theme seems to be regicide is consequence free
>>
>>69034589
She's seriously the hottest woman on the show, and she's like 40
>>
can we discuss why the white walkers are always doing jack shit while all the other drama goes on
>>
>>69039432
As long as you don't get fat and children you can easily stay fit into your 40s
>>
>>69039359
>fucking groupies
he can't get it up
he is off eating lemoncakes
>>
File: L7FaN.gif (2 MB, 280x191) Image search: [Google]
L7FaN.gif
2 MB, 280x191
>>69033500
They've switched to emergency damage control since season 4, tbqh.
>>
>>69035607
LESTER WON THOUGH
>>
>>69037852
>catarina knight
what?
>>
>>69039156
This season seems like it's going to produce a lot of these
>>
Why is GRRM so incompetent?
Why can't he finish a fucking book when he has nothing else to do?
Tolkien managed to do that between University Classes, World War I and having a chair at Oxford.
>>
>>69039905
I hate GRRM that fat lazy fuck
>>
>>69039905
because the fangirls aren't going to fuck themselves
>>
File: I Aear cân ven na mar.png (15 KB, 500x108) Image search: [Google]
I Aear cân ven na mar.png
15 KB, 500x108
>>69039905
Fuck GRRM, he will never ever be nearly as amazing as Tolkien
>>
>>69039905
He's a piece of shit and he isn't half the man Tolkien was
>>
>>69039905
Cause GURM doesn't know how he's supposed to finish this thing
>>
File: impressive.jpg (11 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
impressive.jpg
11 KB, 320x272
>>69039999
>>
>>69040050
Just roll a dice and end it already, Stephen King did it with Dark Tower and some people liked it and some didn't, you can't please everyone.
>>
>>69033500
My guess is he sees Jon as the only one that can convince the wildlings to fight against the Boltons and it gives the north the best chance to survive against them.

thoughts?
>>
>>69033665
>Everything just 'happens'

Yes. There is no build up to anything. Before it was about getting the king's favor, taking out rivals, and getting the iron throne. Now there is literally no reason. It's like a slice of life television show. I still watch it though because I read the books and I like to think about the characters. I wish Ramsey was less of an asshole though. Just because I really like Iwan Rheon and I don't like him being mean.
>>
>>69039156
He did say the first quote in the show though.
>>
>>69033500
This is what happens what GRRM tells DnD that Jon will be resurrected by Mel but no details. They don't how to write shit so it's basically Davos "I hate magic" Seaworth walks into the room and literally says "will you resurrect this guy please?"
>>
File: fat roll.gif (905 KB, 268x191) Image search: [Google]
fat roll.gif
905 KB, 268x191
>>69039881
Sir Davos = Onion Knight
Onion Knight = Siegward or Siegmeyer of Catarina

Sir Davos = Catarina Knight

Try to keep up
>>
>>69040442
Well we're in the part where no one has anything to do but wait for the white walkers. This is pretty much grrm's fault.
>>
>>69035392
I honestly was expecting this considering normally your suppose to burn the bodies asap to prevent wights from happening. But jons body was just left in the snow for some reason and then davos had the urge to guard the body.
I was still confident this was gonna happen anyway especially when giantsbane says he'll start the fire to burn him but instead we got awkard gibberish chest rubbing and hair burning.... it doesnt come across as epic or anything

Complete missed opportunity to show Jon as jesus

Personally ide love to seen the look on ollys face aswell.
>>
>>69037621
>>69037988

listen to his material that isn't on the radio
>>
>>69035607
>Drake dropped an awful album.

fantano dick riding /mu/-poser scum go jerk off to the swans discog on loop
>>
Why the fuck would he care about Stannis after he burnt Shireen
>>
>>69039532
If you've not had kids by the age of 30 you're a fucking failure of a woman and a disgrace to the species
>>
>>69042462
Did he ever even find out about that? I don't recall that scene
>>
>>69033500
this pep talk Davos gave her was really cute
>>
>>69034571
kek
>>
>>69042520
OK pajeet
>>
>I don't understand character development
>Davos' personality can't change
>Davos' personality hasn't changed throughout the series
>REEEEEE stop triggering me
>>
>>69040268
Why would davos give a fuck about the north?
>>
>>69042608
Does he know about the white walkers? I forgot.
>>
It should have be Meli's idea to bring back Jon, so she can try to make the prophecy come true.

The lack of GRRM really shows through.
>>
>>69041477
It could still be better and it would be grrm's fault for it being better. The source material is there. You're not completely wrong though.
>>
>>69039905
he literally writes his novels in DOS on a 25 year old computer

look it up

he's probably inadvertently lost his work at least a dozen times
>>
>>69033500
Sure thing, buddy.

>OOGA BOOGA, GAGA GOOGOO, BOYAYA KUMBAYA
>...
>No? Ok, well at least I tried.
>>
>>69035421

brotip : there is literally NO reason for Davos to grab Jon's corpse, shack up in a room and expect the witch to raise him

why the fuck did he even grab Jon's corpse to begin with? for what possible purpose?

night's watch internal power struggles are no concern of his and at this point he should be confirming with his own two eyes that stannis is dead and his line is dead with him, and if that's the case he should fuck off back to wherever Davos calls home.

literally no reason for him to get mixed up in any of this crap now that Stannis is dead and certainly not to the point where he's making some sort of idiotic stand in a irrelevant power struggle. and then he's even betting everything, including his life, on a ridiculous power that he never cared about to raise a guy he never cared about in a location and a situation he doesn't care about.

all of it is just too contrived
>>
>>69039156
Why is the Y red?
>>
>>69035515
>my friends, who enjoy stuff like Deadpool

Well their opinion is trash right out of the gate then, right?
>>
>>69037432
This. It's closer to Bloodborne than Dark Souls, and not in a good way.
>>
The biggest problem is that Davos do not know resurrection is a thing. In fact, that is beyond imagination of most people, including the guy that only started to believe after he did the only resurrection in the series. While he know she has power, nothing she has done suggest she is capable of this. He also hates her guts, even if he does not know that she caused the death of shireen and the rest.

If it was melisandre who decided to do it of her own accord, that would make sense since she has actually talked to Thoros and seen Beric. Davos doing it was out of character and only there to drive the plot forward.

Also a bit disturbing how many that hate Stannis yet like Melisandre after she brought Jon back, even though she was the one that brought up the idea, convinced stannis of it and did the actual burning.
>>
>>69033500
>He was a good friend
Every time
>>
>>69039905
Maybe Tolkiens military and university background gave him a sense of discipline and great work ethic.
>>
>you will never help cheer mely up by getting her to do magic on a dead body
why even live
>>
>>69042639
Of course he does, that's the main reason he convinced Stannis to head to Castle Black.

>>69042608
Because he's there right now I guess. And regardless of where he is (in Westeros, not Essos) the Others are a threat.
>>
File: 1455588548619.jpg (123 KB, 721x602) Image search: [Google]
1455588548619.jpg
123 KB, 721x602
>>69039999
quads confirm it, fat ppl BTFO!
>>
>>69039905
>>69040041
>>69040050
>>69042918
look, i completely agree that gurm is a fat lazy fuck, and i love LoTR, but there's two problems here.
As far as length, a storm of swords is only a little bit shorter than all 3 LoTR books combined. I'd completely understand if he took longer to do it.
Not only that, he's got dozens of little subplots he has to weave to make sure they all don't contradict each other.
The easy answer to these, though, is he should be writing full time, and he shouldn't write himself into a corner and keep making ridiculous side stories
>>
File: GRRMonkey.jpg (65 KB, 500x729) Image search: [Google]
GRRMonkey.jpg
65 KB, 500x729
>>69042685
This really made me laugh for some reason. The idea of this fat, patchy-bearded man sitting in his poorly lit basement on an old padded chair with the arm rests all torn to shit going "aw fuck!" as he loses his document yet again, furiously staring into his cathode ray tube monitor, clicking frantically on his two-button mouse like that's gonna do anything and yelling for his wife to come down: "PARRIS! PARRIS! I LOST THE DOCUMENT AGAIN! CALL MY EDITOR! I'M NOT GONNA MAKE THE 2017 DEADLINE!"

That fucking fat fuck needs to get it together.
>>
>>69043092
Brevity something something wit
>>
Q & A FOR RETARDS

>Why did Davos grab Jon's corpse
Because Davos is an honourable man and does not want to see another honourable man butchered like a pig and buried worse than one.

>Why is Davos so chill with Melisandre?
He doesn't know her burning is Melisandre's fault, nor that Stannis' downfall is.

>But then why hasn't he even mentioned Stannis?
Davos is a practical man, so his instincts have taken over, as has his leadership qualities as Hand. He is focusing on the situation he has inadvertently placed himself in.

>But shouldn't he want to go home?
Davos has been institutionalised by war in the books and the show. He NEEDS a man and a cause to follow now. He has changed as a character; he requires a purpose to live or he doesn't feel whole. This is a classic thing that happens to prisoners, soldiers, etc.

Any other questions?
>>
>>69035359

D&D don't consider Stannis a major character
>>
>>69033500
>you showed me meracles happen

>you also burned shireen to death, the closest thing I had left to family and abandoned stannis, bu whatever you go girl I believe in you. You're a strong women that needs her confidence back.
>>
>>69035392
Shit, that's pretty good.
>>
>>69034504
I would've been ok with this
>>
>>69039905

i'm actually d&d's assistant and i overheard them talking about this a few months ago

apparently GRRM can only write if he's aroused, and the only way he can get aroused if he has 50 thai boys in 50 different cages in a dungeon that he constructed himself in an undisclosed location. he then milks them and forces one of them to eat all the cum from the other 49 boys, this one he calls his special boy

the special boy is then trained for weeks while he lets the other 49 go. when he is done training him he hires 2 trans prostitutes and has them whip his special boy and then fuck him, and during the last part of this process, where the special boy gets fucked by the trans prostitutes is when he gets his ideas, but he has gotten quite the reputation in the thai boy community and most people refuse to take part in his ritual. they have a team of people dedicated to finding him new supplies of thai boys
>>
>>69043168
thank you based anon

If something doesn't immediately jump out to these people they assume it's someone else's fault that they don't understand
>>
>>69043092
I often forget how large A Song of Ice and Fire is in comparison. That said, Tolkien kept working on his unfinished stories and essays diligently until his death, and managed to have them in good enough order that his son could finish most of them. GRRM has no children, and stated that he doesn't want any one to finish his story if he dies. Someone with that attitude should at least pretend like they are working hard.
>>
>>69042790
The "c" too. It's like it's some kinda code.
>>
>>69039901
Which one will be next? I hope it'll be wunwun
>>
>>69039662
leicester*
>>
>>69043168
I still don't care those these scenes are boring as fuck.

Roose getting stabbed was boring as fuck with no build up and no pay off.

I don't think that most people misunderstand the characters motivations I just think they're a fucking snooze cruise.
>>
>>69034017
not only that but the waking up scene was pretty god damn cliche

right when Davos starts talking to Melisandre about resurrecting Snow I knew how it was going to end:

jump cut to his eyes opening then cut to black

BRAAVO D&D
>>
>>69044069
Well, then it's not my fault you have ADHD.
>>
>>69033500
>even though I'm off with Fat Manderly right now who doesn't even exist on the show and if this dude comes back I won't get to keep this magical Valyrian steel sword
>>
>>69034017
Mance is still alive because the ruby is magic except it's not on the show so he's dead and burned except it's magic now but he's still dead so Tormund will just take over right?
>>
>>69044069
>>69044255
I guess they're trying to cram too much into the show to move the plot along. Like an obvious thing would have been to have Ramsay kill Fat Walda and Babby in a later episode so there can be some kind of build up between Roose's death and theirs. Maybe Ramsay pretends like he's gonna marry Walda and do right by babby by adopting him or something, only to THEN feed them to the dogs. I don't know, I just saw a woman and child be torn to pieces by dogs and my reaction was only "well, I guess that happened" because it wasn't really set up at all. It felt gratuitous. Not to do a meme, but it was pretty much, DUDE FEED THE BABY TO THE DOGS LMAO
>>
>>69044356
Or more accurately, I TOLD RAMSEY TO FEED THE BABY TO THE DOGS AND HE ACTUALLY DID IT THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>69038416
Which is why he went before Stannis with a proposal to end his war against the Lannisters and march instead to the Wall to fight White Walkers?
>>
>>69044417
The problem is there is no strong central plot to move the story along, and now all the side stories are starting to spin out of orbit.

Before with the war of the five kinds we'd see the story advance from different perspectives so the format served the narrative but now we have side stories that are in service to nothing going nowhere fast.

Take arya for example, her assassin training just isn't interesting, it's the same thing every episode and it goes fucking nowhere. Two scenes of the waif hitting her with a stick is not a training montage and it gives us fucking nothing, same with A GIRL HAS NO NAME over and over, we get it, move on.

Back when she was being trained by siro we acutally enjoyed that character because he told intersting stories, like how he recognized the pet for being a fraud, to not trust what is said but follow the body etc etc

So not only are we doing the same thing over, it's a worse less interesting version of the same shit.

Same thing with Sansa getting raped back into the stoneage by Ramsey, been there done that, and it's esepcally disappointing when it looked liek she was about to have an arc after she slapped that kid at the vale and started to relate to little finger.
>>
>>69043252
He doesn't know about Shireen you retard.

Melly just came back and was like "I was wrong, everyone died." She didn't tell him that she burned Shireen, fucked over Stannis, and happened to be wrong. She also has no reason to tell him what really happened. Nor does Davos need to question "BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO SHIREEN" if Stannis' entire force was destroyed.
>>
>>69033665
>the writing is awful, everything just 'happens' in the show now as well

This is entirely due to the Red Wedding.

Nobody understood what happened just that if got a lot of ratings.

That! Do more of that!
>>
>Bran learns the truth about Jon, the Night's King, Dany, and Tyrion, bastard of the Mad King and realizes that unless the three Targaryans unite, the Night King will plunge the world into eternal winter
>Jon rallies the north and wildlings as Jon Stark, forced to battle the Bolton's due to Ramsay's crimes against his sister Sansa
>in the climactic battle for Winterfell, Littlefinger swoops in at the last minute to assist Jon, pretends like this was his plan the whole time by betraying the Lannisters. Ramsay is killed by Jon.
>Sansa is all fuck this, gets Brienne and Jon to execute Littlefinger
>Arya finishes her training, murders Tommen
>Varys allies Dany's army with Dorne
>Yara takes control of the Iron Islands with the help of Theon
>Tyrion enlists the Grayjoys to Dany's side
>Tommen brutally crushes the Faith Militant under the advice of Cersei
>having completed her training, Arya returns to Westeros and murders Tommen, leaving only Jamie and Cersei to rule King's Landing
>Jorah and Daario try to rescuse Dany, with Jorah dying in the process
>Dany says fuck everything and is rescued by her dragons, which destroy Vaes Dothrak. She rides one of them back to Mirheen.
>The Dothraki see Dany riding with her dragons, rally behind her as she is the greatest rider in the world.
>Dany's united forces move on Westeros, while Jon devotes all of his resources to fighting the Walkers. But unless Bran can find some way to unite them all together, all hope will be lost

i've literally covered everything that's going to happen leading up to the end of the show. go ahead and screencap this you'll see
>>
>>69034661

davos hasnt even fucking seen white walkers mate
>>
>>69045170
why would arya murder tommen?
>>
>>69045453
mad contratx
>>
>>69045453
She's not going to be able to get to Cersei or Jamie, basically, and she ends up killing Tommen because he is the King and a Lannister, but he doesn't deserve her revenge and the big thing about her arc is her being consumed by bloodlust
>>
>>69045170
>Arya returns to Westeros and murders Tommen, leaving only Jamie and Cersei to rule King's Landing
>murders the kid who had nothing to do with anything but leaves the adults who she's wanted to kill for years
>>
File: 13085.jpg (35 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
13085.jpg
35 KB, 300x226
>>69033500
>>
>>69045540
>what is "dramatic irony"

it's not like she's going to choose not to kill cersie or jamie it's just that she's going to have the opprotunity to kill tommen and take it
>>
File: azorahai.png (62 KB, 1130x938) Image search: [Google]
azorahai.png
62 KB, 1130x938
>>69045170

It is known.
>>
>>69045633

She has to kill Cersei because any other purpose to her entire storyline is not worth the trouble of having it in the books and taking up space.

She's the only character specifically training for a long time to be a perfect assassin. Wasting that on Tommen of all people is pathetic.
>>
>>69033500
just turn your brain off bro
just close your eyes bro
relax
>>
>>69033500
Why ain't she bring Stannish back to life?
>>
>>69035607

>Gank souls 3: fuck invaders even harder edition turned out to be amazing

Lmfao, let me guess, pve shitter?
>>
>>69045524
tfw he is going to get murdered when he literally did nothing wrong
>>
File: teenkasia_001-010.jpg (448 KB, 1071x1600) Image search: [Google]
teenkasia_001-010.jpg
448 KB, 1071x1600
>>69033500
Hey mel fags

>I never fapped it to melly

nb4 you fapped to ancient black magic tits and liked it,no
>>
File: 1447645522187.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1447645522187.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>69043294

dafuq did i just read
>>
>>69045170
Tyrion being the Mad Kings son makes no sense according to the timeline. It's more acceptable to believe that Cersei and Jaime are his children considering

1. Incestuous like the Targaryens.
2. Attractive like the Targaryens
3. Cersei has hints of madness along with Joffrey, obviously
4. Fits the timeline.
>>
>>69046296

How? Tyrion has the Lannister traits (blonde curly hair, etc). This would mean that the Mad King fucked Joanna Lannister, which seems unlikely.
>>
>>69046501
It is very unlikely, but it's still more plausible than Tyrion being his son.
>>
>>69046501
rhaegar, not the king
>>
>>69046079
I fapped to Clarice many many times

black magic doesnt exist my friend

hope that helps!
>>
>>69035297
>>69035618
whew, some tasty bait right here
>>
>>69033500
That particular sect are known to have resurrected the dead before, It's like asking a Catholic priest for some of their magic.
>>
File: 268.jpg (20 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
268.jpg
20 KB, 329x399
>>69033500
>disliking someone means you'd never ever ask for their help in a dire situation

Get fucking real, you autist. Davos isn't that much of a moralfag, and he's always been the pragmatic sort, hence why they're at the wall to begin with. There's been much more unlikely alliances made throughout the books.
>>
>They had 5 seasons to adapt the books in a way that let them build towards their own ending

>do a mainly straight adaption and proceed to drive right off the cliff when they run out of material

and the masses will lap it up since people care about how popular something is, not quality.
>>
>>69033500

Ok. This was actually pretty damn funny.
>>
>>69034017
The thing is that they suggest there's probably a lot of talking and thinking between Davos and the others before this scene happens. The problem is we don't see much of that and therefore it feels forced to us.
I think Davos forgot a while ago about Stannis anyway. He can tell that the men in charge here won't be on his side and they'll die if nothing changes. He's stuck with Melissandre and her powers, so he naturally thinks let's use her. They're not suddenly friends, but he's seen that she feels bad since Stannis and Jon died so it helps a little.
>>
>>69040009
>GRRM
>fucking anything
>>
>>69046501
There used to be plenty of of those dragon crazy fuckers. It could have been any of them slipping Mrs. Lanister some dick on the side.
>>
>>69048388
>and the masses will lap it up since people care about how popular something is, not quality.
I don't see much people caring about your mom tho
>>
>>69047469
Why is he in a dire situation? Hes free to leave and has a family to go back to. He only knew Jon for like what, a week?
>>
File: 1462226975714.jpg (163 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1462226975714.jpg
163 KB, 800x450
>>69033500
>>
>>69049754

Nice.
>>
>>69049754
awful
>>
>>69049754
mediocre
>>
>>69033500
Is there any reason to watch this new season? I haven't touched the first two episodes yet because after the last couple of season it hasn't excited me all that much. The show went from an interesting well-written fantasy drama to breaking bad-tier shit.
>>
>>69049754
divisive
>>
>>69049754
He doesn't actually know she killed shireen or that she abandoned Stannis before the battle.
>>
>>69050344
D&D will forget about those little plot points too, so don't worry.
>>
>>69050280
Breaking bad is tier shit? Kill yourself.
>>
>>69050517
>what is reading comprehension
back to plebbit
>>
>>69050344
He doesn't but isn't it strange, from Davos' perspective, that Melisandre is the only survivor?

Surely Davos should've been able to figure it all since it's quite the coincidence out that if the battle was lost and Melisandre was the only one who was able to escape out of thousands of men.

Atleast Davos should question himself why Melisandre is the only one who managed to reach Castle Black and come up with a conclusion.

>1. She saw Stannis losing in the flames but didn't warn him and left
>2. She betrayed Stannis and left

There's no logical story which doesn't harm Melisandre as of why she's the only survivor.
>>
Dude just turn your brain off
>>
>>69050641
Jesus christ, how retarded and clueless are you to go through all these mental gymnastics?

1. Melisandre has never fought in a battlefield, so it makes sense that she would "betray" anybody by leaving since she's not really doing much on that end to begin with
2. He has no idea of what actually happened to Stannis, Shireen, and Selyse, and for all he knows they could be prisoners in Winterfell or routing somewhere else. You're a fucking IDIOT for even phrasing this as "the only survivor"
>>
File: got stannis d mannis.png (219 KB, 363x475) Image search: [Google]
got stannis d mannis.png
219 KB, 363x475
>>69035359
>Do WE even know Stannis is dead?

I think they are waiting to reveal this until the last few episodes to build up the suspense. Im guessing he will reappear right before the big battle between the knights watch and ramsay boltons army at the pivotal moment to help lead them to victory.

it will basically be a reference to the battle scene at the end of season 4 where he did the same thing to save the day and beat the wildings, classic foreshadowing.
>>
>>69043294
I believe this.
>>
>>69042685
No, he surely makes backups on these old, square things.
>>
>we must avenge house martell by killing house martell
>>
>>69035649
>if Davos knew Stannis burned Shiree
WHY DOESN'T HE?

Over half of Stannis' army abandoned him because of it. Why would they not tell everyone they met?
>>
>>69050798
Delusional. The actor gave an interview on how he hated game of thrones and he also said that he did it just for the money.
>>
File: seven kingdoms.jpg (585 KB, 636x1346) Image search: [Google]
seven kingdoms.jpg
585 KB, 636x1346
>>
>>69050955
nope. same thing they said about john snow to throw everyone off and then bam look hes back too
>>
>Tyrion is a targ
God I hate this shit story
>>
>>69051142
Everyone that isn't Euron is a Targ, maybe Euron is too, who knows
>>
>>69034589
Vulnerable to a bit of Davos bullying.
>>
>>69051142
>Jon is a targ
>Stannis is a targ
>Dany is a targ
>Tyrion is a targ

I want off this wild ride.
>>
>>69035421
>You guys are literally DnD tier ideaguys.
that's STANNIS fan boys for you
>>
>>69050952
Because D&D don't bother with thinking their choices through. Where did all these deserters go in the middle of winter? They certainly didn't go back to the Wall.
>>
>>69042879
This. Melisandre should have done it on her own. Davos bringing up the possibility of ressurection is just shitty writing.
>>
File: k.jpg (77 KB, 657x638) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
77 KB, 657x638
I dont even want Stannis to be alive anymore. The show has gotten so shit he is better off dead, both the character and the actor.
>>
>>69042879
I'm still baffled that the scene about her looking like old shit had nothing to do with bringing back Jon, or anything else for that matter. Appalling.
>>
File: benioff_2189541c.jpg (55 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
benioff_2189541c.jpg
55 KB, 460x287
>>69050906
>We'll do this right after letting the top Lannister just sail away
>>
>>69033500
>still following GoT after season 4
not even once
>>
>>69050955
Why would an actor hate being in the most popular TV show on Earth?

That's like an astronaut hating a chance to go to the moon.
>>
>>69034661
fucking exactly
>>
>>69052438
have you even read or watched his interviews?

the guy basically is stannis. or stannis is him. i don't know which. besides, it's not as if he would have had any effect on D&D's decision to off him after character assassinating him
>>
>>69052438
I guess beacause its TITS AND DRAGONS the tv show, same level as capeshit stuff. Some actors don't like doing capeshit & fantasy because they find it degrading.
>>
>>69044154
No it wasn't it. It was panicked and visceral. They could have had a finger twitch, or a shot of eyes for a milisecond then cut to black. It was as tastefully done as possible.
>>
>>69052551
Have you? He never says he hates GoT, or Stannis. He just doesn't care very much and does his job, so yeah he is a bit like Stannis, but he never said he hates the show nor the character.

Not giving a shit and doing what he's paid to do =/= Hate.

Don't be retarded.
>>
>>69052438
It's a fucking meme show. The writing is god-awful and the setting is getting raped with each new episode.
The reason people watch it is because of the "OMG every1 could die!1" meme that's been hyped up ever since Ned died, reaching its peak at the Red Wedding. Now the writers are desperately looking for an excuse to just keep doing the Red Wedding scene over and over again, and the normies will keep falling for it, because the hype still hasn't died.
>>
>>69038606
Sneks was built up all last season they were pissed about not avenging oberyon
>>
>>69038606
The sneks had to kill Doran because they killed the princess and Doran would kill them for that. They had to kill the Prince because they killed Doran. Bad writing leads to more bad writing.
>>
>>69034661
No, you are an idiotic fanboy. Davos has no reason to think that Jon is some kind of an irreplaceable messiah that's so important, that he needs to go completely against his character and ask the person he hates most to literally break the laws of nature and bring him back. Keeping in mind that he never even heard of such a feat being possible aside from the evil, mindless zombies he is trying to stop, and that he despises witchcraft anyway.

No, "he looked like a decent leader" is NOT an acceptable reason to do that.
>>
>>69038606
DABID IF YOU KILL THE PRINCE, YOU BECOME THE PRINCE DABID
>>
>>69052939

Jon is pretty much the key to uniting the wildlings and the kingdoms, so he is that important. Davos was always compromising and practical so this doesn't represent even the slightest change in his character. You're really stupid.
>>
How much longer until this beta /r9k/ shit Tommen gets rekt?
>>
>>69048388
Didn't GRRM tell them all the key events from now til the end just in case something happens to him? There's no need for them to do their own ending, just filling in some gaps.
>>
>>69051172
hope he's 'bullying' the shit out of her if he finds out about Shireen
>>
>>69053039
>Jon is pretty much the key to uniting the wildlings and the kingdoms, so he is that important

Yep, Davos knows this, because he has read the script

>Davos was always compromising and practical

Top kek, like when he vehemently opposed using sorcery to kill renly and using gendry for blood magic. You are either a troll or a retard.
>>
File: choa.jpg (25 KB, 440x293) Image search: [Google]
choa.jpg
25 KB, 440x293
>everyone scene is just a character saying a funny/snarky/witty punchline
>everyone is killing eachother with NO consequence
(e.g. Ramsey killing Lord Boltons wife who is a lady) how the fuck does he get away with that? or is he really just fucking stupid?
>>
>>69053268
He's The Lord Bolton
>>
>>69053268
>is he really just fucking stupid?

No, the writers are.
>>
>>69053255
Because murdering an innocent is the same as bringing someone back to life. A good rule of thumb to go by is that if you feel the need to say "top kek" or consider doing it without cringing, you're the retard rather than the person you're "arguing" with.
>>
>>69053268

Ramsay would last approximately a month if he did the shit he did without plot armor

GRRM would never write this whole arc like this.

When Roose dies Ramsay is completely and absolutely fucked and he's not a stupid character so he has to know this. D&D are fucking idiots
>>
>>69053268
>with no consequence

You mean with no instantaneous consequence? Are you retarded? Ramsay's arrogance just doomed him.
>>
>>69039905
He had a great idea but didn't afford himself to cut out any little idea he came up with so now we have this fuck long story that can never live to up to the build up the wait/show has made even if he could find a way to end it.
>>
File: 1399236583052.png (297 KB, 364x410) Image search: [Google]
1399236583052.png
297 KB, 364x410
>The dragons are wearing collars that just suit their size
>Even though they were small when they were chained up

NOTHING is thought out in this show
>>
>>69053422
>They walked in through the front door when they were small
How the fuck do they get out now?
>>
>>69053379
no, when a character becomes "evil" they start murdering people as if there would be no consequences, nobody is stupid enough to act so brash
it's just laziness of the writer
>>
>>69053422
Except the collars are big on the dragons when they're first put on, so it literally was thought out. What's it like being the sort of fucking loser who starts making up new shit to whine about? I bet you gossip about celebrities.
>>
>>69053405

I for one absolutely love GRRM's writing, he's a master at worldbuilding and has a great grasp of medieval politics which makes this whole thing so readable. Comes up with kickass names.

But I agree that its become too long, presumably the main characters like Arya and sansa would haev to grow up to close the plotlines so the only logical thing to do now is a timeskip 10 years forward.

Which would make a lot of asses hurt.
>>
>>69039329

for you
>>
>>69039432

>smirkfu doesn't exist

Melly Sanders is a fox though and her mooeys are much better than Smirkfus pancakes
>>
>>69053452
No, the people criticizing the writing are retarded. Ramsay is aware of the consequences, he has a plan. It's not going to work out for him, but he has a plan. You're a moron.
>>
>>69046079
Did that chick ever get railed on cam?
>>
>>69053460

Nigga they have grown way too much for the same collars to still fit
>>
File: 144567814984.jpg (28 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
144567814984.jpg
28 KB, 279x304
>>69053492
>he actually thinks D&D have thought this out
>>
>>69042774
Because he sees Jon as a capable leader that has been wronged and that he may be able to make the best of the situation. Remember that Davis started taking the whole deal about white walkers when he received the message he read thanks to shireen's teachings. He knows somebody has to get everyone's shit together to fight the menace and Jon was the only leader taking it seriously apart from Stannis.
>>
>>69053452
It's not about stupidity -- stupidity isn't the only cause of poor decision making. Ramsay is a remorseless lunatic with delusions of grandeur who makes power plays to improve his position whenever they become available without much regard for repercussions. Ramsay would be diagnosed with multiple, severe personality disorders in the modern world which cause people to act the way he does. That doesn't make him stupid.

So you say the writing is stupid but in actuality it's just you who is stupid. You have a very simple mind.
>>
>>69053515
Yes, please tell me about the relationship between dragon aging and neck diameter you insufferable nitpicking whiny cunt.
>>
>>69053492
>There's one Stark left
>As far as I know he's the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch and will stay there
>So I'm going to attack castle Black and kill the Lord Commander and presumably a lot of what's left of the NW
>Somehow everyone will suddenly like me being boss because of this
This isn't a plan, this is the sort of idea you'd come up with after a night on the tiles and too many tequilas
>>
File: d and d.jpg (460 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
d and d.jpg
460 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>69053570
someone like Ramsay would have carefully laid out a plan to seize the power, not just murder his father who was an esteemed lord and his lady with no repercussions this is literally the end of the ride for him
stop trying to rationalize what these lazy writers are doing because it's clear they labeled him as an "evil" character so he just has to do as much evil things as he can until one of the "good" characters gets revenge on him

>he still hasn't figured out the pattern in this shitty writing that is mean to appeal to the lowest of demographics
>>
>>69053590
>exactly in line with every bit of Ramsay's characterization thus far
>whine about it anyway

When you start crying because characters continue acting like their characters at the most fundamental, basic level, it's time to accept that you literally aren't smart enough to watch a TV show.
>>
>>69053444
They're triumphantly burst through the roof or something, probably one with Tyrion on their back.
>>
File: 1460143470047.jpg (140 KB, 560x570) Image search: [Google]
1460143470047.jpg
140 KB, 560x570
>>69053589
>>
>>69053460
well he did post with an anime picture
>>
>>69039901
That quote makes me think that Doran disposed of Oberyn intentionally. Same shit he did with Quentyn, really.
>>
A key aspect of Ramsay's character is that he has already committed acts for which a lot of people want him dead and is only hanging in there because of Roose's gravitas.

Without Roose, the moment they hear Ramsay is at the wheel, all the houses of the North will say fuck you to the Boltons, come down to Dreadfort and flay Ramsay right then and there.

Killing Roose is about the most retarded thing D&D have ever come up with.
>>
>>69053630
>exactly in line with every bit of lazy D&D writing thus far
are we not allowed to critique a show that has plummeted quality wise since season 2?
>>
>>69053627
You are the lowest demographic though. You're the average /tv/ and /pol/ poster with an IQ around 40-60 who has a very simple-minded understanding of human behavior. You think your criticisms are valid because you're retarded. Most of your post doesn't even make sense or lead anywhere, you're just stating that Ramsay is bad like that means anything.
>>
>>69053630
No my complaint, is that there's no reason for anyone to listen to his shit without Roose, Karstark would probably just do him in and claim Winterfell
>>
>>69042520
lol

go have more babbies with your fat mexican wife.
>>
>>69053679
I can't think of anything that invalidates a post more than a name being in it. Reading "D&D" is almost as cringeworthy as reading "cuck" at this point, and the "lazy writing" buzzword is just behind that.
>>
File: 1462179034515.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1462179034515.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>69053689
>realism doesn't apply in a show about medieval diplomacy with fantasy aspects

sure thing, friend!
>>
>>69053722

especially in a show thats literally about underhanded medieval political intrigue sprinkled with dragons
>>
>>69053760
There's nothing unrealistic about Ramsay, his personality type exists in the world.
>>
>>69050952
First of all they had no horses, Second they had no food, Third winter is upon them which means snow fourth they wouldnt go north even if they cold fifth they were probably hunted down by the boltons, If you think a bit it does make sense.
>>
File: 1424196200313.jpg (75 KB, 513x592) Image search: [Google]
1424196200313.jpg
75 KB, 513x592
>>69038606
>YOU GREEDY BITCH
>I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU STABBED OUR TEENAGE COUSIN THROUGH THE BRAIN WITH A SPEAR WHILE HIS BACK WAS TURNED
>DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT I WANTED TO KILL OUR COUSIN, THAT WE PROBABLY GREW UP WITH, WITH A WHIP?
Sure am glad I don't watch this show.
>>
>>69046062
THE SIIIIIIINS NEVER DIE
>>
>>69053805
I mean at least Roose had the Freys for backup through Walda, all Ramsay has are 20 good men and some teleporting dogs that run away from fights in his corner.
>>
>>69034504
What SHOULD have happened is that she 'saw' in the flames that it was actually Jon, not Stannis, and then resurrected him. But in doing so, either she or someone else should have died, ie. Davos should have died to pay for Jon's life since Davos has nothing to live for now that Stannis is dead.
>>
File: 1437963042241.png (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1437963042241.png
14 KB, 300x300
>>69049568
>Free to leave

Holy fuck you are literally braindead. Why would he be free to leave and run to the king to tell about the mutiny? Do you even listen to the dialogue or pick up on the visual clues?
>>
>>69053849
>thinking dogs somehow function as soldiers in a chaotic fight with horses involved
>>
>>69053897
> Thinking dogs function against someone wearing platemail
Also those were bloodhounds not warhounds, Trackers not fighters, If anything im surprised we didnt see the handlers run off with them aswell due to how valuable they would be.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.