[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
60's TV Shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9
Just started watching the Batman TV show and I'm really digging it. I'm also a big fan of Star Trek TOS, so I was wondering, what are some other 60's tv shows that are in the vein?

Open discussion for older TV shows too, I suppose.
>>
I thought it was funny that The Riddler wears an eyemask later in the episode, but it's established earlier that everyone already knows his identity.
>>
>>69026722
Yeah, Batman's awesome, i'm due for a rewatch.

Started in 55, but Alfred Hitchcock Presents is good, really comfy. Short noir films essentially.

Get Smart is very funny.
>>
File: batmangetsaDUI.jpg (515 KB, 1436x1080) Image search: [Google]
batmangetsaDUI.jpg
515 KB, 1436x1080
>>69026968
Are all the episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents directed by himself? Or does he have guest directors show their short films that he helped produce?

I'll check 'em out, thanks for the rec. The first season of Danger 5 is a pretty decent recent interpretation of 60's television programs if you haven't seen it.
>>
>>69027485
No, I think he just does the (charming) intros and outros and lends his name and stuff, maybe produces. There are some notable directors and actors that pop up from time to time though.

I've been meaning to check out Danger 5, thanks.
>>
>>69026722
Old TV shows are the best. It's super comfy to be able to watch something with little to no nig..I mean, colored people. Makes me sad that I didn't get to live in the good old days.
>>
The Avengers
>>
>>
>>
>>69028503
>gas masks
let me guess, joker's laughing gas
and he has an elephant gas mask
>>
>>69028585

Nope it's a Riddler episode.
>>
>>69026722
Watch the Prisoner. It's fucking good.
>>
I suppose one of the more important factors of these shows is the quotient of qt grills. Which one has the most and highest quality?

>>69028585
Correct premise, it's just the Riddler, not the Joker, he hasn't shown up yet
>>
>>69028673
I never really watched it, it was just on sometimes.
I have bits and pieces in my head.
Like batman and robin being stuck to a wall in a cliff hanger episode.
I distinctly remember that batman was completely bound to the wall but robin's forearms were somewhat free.

Funny the things that stick in your mind.
>>
File: rover.jpg (98 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rover.jpg
98 KB, 1920x1080
>>69028644
I just looked up the premise and it seemed pretty by-the-book, but those "rovers" seem surreal and intimidating. Is this based on a scifi book?
>>
>>69026883
Why does he wear the mask?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.