[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoilers don’t cry about it you have been warned Did anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (102 KB, 676x1000) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
102 KB, 676x1000
Spoilers don’t cry about it you have been warned

Did anyone else thing this movie was bad? Maybe the worse marvel so far?

I mean, from the promotional material and such I expected a plot way better than "some guy that is mad his son dies because the avengers were busy saving billions". I though the whole "civil war" thing was supposed to be huge, a matter of cap not wanting politicians to take control of heroes and iron man thinking they need to be controlled. Not this.

The whole "Tony is mad cause Winter Soldier killed his parents and now he wants cap and soldier dead" thing felt REALLY forced. It's like Marvel was scared of making a though provoking "government controlled vs free to act heroes" and decided to stick that random dude in there as the villain. I don't even remember his fucking name.

What did the rest of you think?
>>
Almost as bad as someone mad because his father molested him.
>>
>>69026427
... what?
>>
File: 1.jpg (706 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
706 KB, 1382x2048
>Zemo tired to kill himself
>After fooling the avengers by dressing up as bucky

I prefer age of ultron to be honest
>>
>>69026537
Zemo! That was the cunt's name!

Was he an original caracther created for the movie or was he in the comics before?
>>
My main problem is that they called it Civil War. Too grand a title and idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 892x1266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 892x1266
>>69026624
Really nigga?
>>
>>69026624

He takes a name from the comics but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>69026042
the only thing i thought was bad that there weren't enough jokes, i hope IW is getting lighter
>>
>>69026774
Im a ficking pleb when it comes to comics. Sorry.

>>69026796
So just a name huh? God that must have been disapointing to hardcore fans.
>>
>>69026850

It's not even the 'correct' name. He was Baron Zemo in the comics.
>>
>>69026850
Not really. Zemo was fine and hes alive setting him up for future roles. He leads a team of villains to face the Avengers later on.
>>
QUIP QUIP QUIP QUIP
>>
File: image.png (461 KB, 1229x483) Image search: [Google]
image.png
461 KB, 1229x483
>>69027005
>>
>>69027023
WAIT WHAT? 100%?

Fuck off. This is why I don't trust critics.
>>
Your post is too forced.
>>
>>69027082
Its 95. Relax.
>>
>>69027005
The only quip that made me cringe was the star wars one.

Holy shit that was like nails on a chalkboard.
>>
>Cookie-cutter, safe-approach plot, full of self-fulfilling clichés
>No war happening, much less a civil war
>Vision conveniently vanishes for 3/4 of the fight, eventhough he could end it in a second or two
>If you haven't watched the previous films, Tony will look like a fucking idiot who snaps just because that one mother said a mean thing to him
>Thor and Hulk are also conveniently nowhere to be seen, quelle surprise
>Hey let's hire Daniel Brühl, who acts in a very entertaining way, and give him the most boring villain ever with no charisma whatsoever
>Aunt May is now a hot milf for some reason, who cares about the source material anyway
>Tony going berserk bcause 'muh mom' is at least equally as retarded as the very similiar scene in BvS, yet nowhere near as much criticized or ridiculed
>Make sure to put at least 50 quips in the film, wouldn't want the ADHD generation to get bored
>Make sure to put a female and or black person in at least every second scene, wouldn't want the tumblr crowd to get mad
This film embodies so many things wrong with today's American "cinema"
>>
>>69027128

It felt like it took forever.

'Stank' was also bad, really bad.

Tony has a thing for eggs as well. What is that about? Has he made an egg related quip in every film? I don't understand it otherwise.
>>
>>69027244
You just sumarized everything I disliked about it. Thank you.

It makes me mad people are not admiting that this movie was bad like they did with BvS. Maybe it will be like Phamtom Menace and in a while people will see it for the shit it is.
>>
>>69027244
>seeing your mom killed
>you get pissed
>comparable to saying a name
>literally 5 quips in the movie said by characters who quip in the comics
>thor/hulk are in asgard for Thor3 which has been known for months before
>Zemo still alive making him available for the Thunderbolts. Not wasted.
>getting mad at Scarlet Witch/BP who were the best side characters
>>
>>69026042
I was disappointed, but I think that's because my expectations were too high. I thought the movie was cluttered, and certain characters were underutilized. With that being said, the action scenes were great and airport scene was one of the coolest capemovie scenes of all time. It's an extremely solid movie, and I'm super excited to see the Black Panther and Spiderman solo movies.
>>
>>69026042
I think hueniggers like yourself should leave the shitposting to australians.
>>
>>69026042
on the contrary. I feel like this is one of the marvel movies with the lowest amount of quips
>>
>>69027435
Whether you like it or not, Tony acts like an unstable child in that situation. Also in BvS, Superman didn't just "say a name", he was on the verge of dying (or at the very least passing out) and he uttered the only thing he cared about in that moment. This made Batman realize that he is not dealing with a monster here, but with a guy who's just like him when it comes to emotions, feelings, wanting to form bonds with other people etc.

There were more than five quips and you know it. Spider-Man alone probably had five.

Just because it was known beforehand that Thor and Hulk would be absent, doesn't make it any less convenient for this plot to take place. It looked stupid enough already to literally ignore Vision for most of fight, it would've been even dumber with them being there.

Just because a character might be interesting in a future film doesn't change the fact that he was boring in this film - not to mention underutilized in terms of the actor.

I was not talking about either Scarlet Witch or Black Panther.
>>
>>69027595
This would've been a bait post just a few years ago.
>>
Just because he wasn't a quipdispenser doesn't make Zemo a bad villain, in fact he's up there with Fisk and Kilgrave as one of the best MCU villains. He was tragic (for a cliché reason mind you, but there's not much room to make a tragic villain than what happened to him), he seemed highly intelligent and focused and of course he succeeded in breaking the avengers,what's not to like?
>>
>>69026042
I wasn't disappointed because I wasn't really expecting much. But yeah on top of that, could have done with more of an exploration of the actual civil war.
>>
>>69026042
Instead of a fight of political ideologies it became: Bucky must go to trial, nu-uh Bucky is above the law because muh feelings.

I understand the point Cap was trying to make, but even then Bucky should have presented himself to justice so justice can release him after proving he was mind controlled.

The air port fight is also shit.
>>
>>69027882
Tony has just saw his mom and father murdered by the man Steve is protecting. He lost control of EVERYTHING and eventually gave up hope. You saw how scared he was when he thought Steve would bash his face in. Thats the point. To show how Tony, who almost never gave up, was simply empty. His life is changing.

Spiderman is supposed to quip.
Antman is supposed to.
Tony gets some in but thats normal. This is not Whedon tier. This shouldnt detract from the movie.

Thor had better things to do in Asgard. His home will probably be in ruins. He had to worry about that while the Hulk was in exile since AOU. Vision is still trying to figure out who he is and protecting Wanda.

Bruhl did fantastic as Zemo and was the perfect setup regardless of his screentime.

You mean Rhodey? Because complaining about Sam is dumb.
>>
>>69026537

>I prefer age of ultron to be honest

There will never be a correct way of using this sentence.
>>
From a fan stand point, I liked the movie. It was entertaining enough that I'd watch again, not right away, but in the future when I decide to marathon the movies or something before Infinity War.

But from the stand point of the bitter cunt years of the internet has made me, this movie had way too many forgettable scenes.
Plus, the CGI was trash. Black Panther, Spidey, Bucky's arm, hell even War Machine looked like he was taken right out of the Iron Man video games.
I just hope future films don't look as bad as this one did.
>>
>>69028114
>Antman is supposed to.
>Tony gets some in but thats normal.
Why is it normal?
>>
>>69026042
Nice try, DC Cuck
>>
>>69028213
Because hes Tony Stark.
>>
>>69026042
Too late, you already gave them your money. I always wait for that shit to reach cable or torrents because Marvel always deliver the same fucking flick every time.
>>
>>69026537
>After fooling the avengers by dressing up as bucky
He only fooled Tony.
>>
Hadn't seen a Marvel film since Avengers and I went to see this.
Found the first half to be completely non engaging.
The fight scene was fun but the dialog felt really out of place and spiderman felt really forced in with Tony going to his house and asking him to fight for him.
The last half would of been good if they had a interesting bad guy and like OP said Tony didn't slip shit because his parents died.
Overall it was like a 6/10 for me
>>
>>69026042
I has some fun with the fight scene, to be honest I was a little drunk, but other han that I was expecting a larger scale, I mean, you could explore all the social and political implications, and I know this is capeshit kino but fuck,, in the end the movie felt lame
>>
File: 1426197011330.jpg (47 KB, 463x494) Image search: [Google]
1426197011330.jpg
47 KB, 463x494
>>69027918
Get with the times grandpa
t. Born in January 1998
>>
>>69027244
>Vision conveniently vanishes for 3/4 of the fight, eventhough he could end it in a second or two
You forgot the other team had Scarlet Witch.
>If you haven't watched the previous films, Tony will look like a fucking idiot who snaps just because that one mother said a mean thing to him
You will not understand who are The Avengers and what the fuck is Iron Man, too.
>Thor and Hulk are also conveniently nowhere to be seen, quelle surprise.
AoU ending.
>Aunt May is now a hot milf for some reason, who cares about the source material anyway
You expect a 15 years old to not have a middle aged aunt?
>Tony going berserk bcause 'muh mom' is at least equally as retarded as the very similiar scene in BvS, yet nowhere near as much criticized or ridiculed
You forgot he used a machine to revive his last moment with his parents at the beginning. He went through a lot of shit in the movie, seeing that video wasn't the main reason.
>Make sure to put at least 50 quips in the film, wouldn't want the ADHD generation to get bored.
The other guy already asnwered you
>Make sure to put a female and or black person in at least every second scene, wouldn't want the tumblr crowd to get mad
kek what? Be glad they had personality and developtment at least.
>>
Why are you here, did you finish your coloring book or something?
>>
File: IMG_0818 (1).jpg (37 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0818 (1).jpg
37 KB, 300x300
>>69028721
I was 9 when Transformers 1 came out. It's my favourite childhood movie next to Iron Man

:)
>>
>>69026042
yes
it's bad OP
>>
I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a Bucky mask. Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.

If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.

Never again.
>>
>>69029388
Nice pasta
>>
>>69028537
>The last half would of been good if they had a interesting bad guy and like OP said Tony didn't slip shit because his parents died.
Do you guys really find it hard to understand that a man having a pretty rough time already with trying to reign in Captain America and friends would lose it when he discovered that the person Caps was protecting had killed his parents?
>>
>>69027882
>Tony acts like an unstable child in that situation.
and that is the point, since the beginning we see that Tony has lost control of his life, he broke the promise of not being Iron Man anymore that he made to Pepper at the end of IM3 and she left him, he created a mad robot and he is carrying with all the guilt of those that died during the battle, and in the end when he decides to help Cap stop the bad guy, he admits he was wrong for not trusting a friend, all that just to be completely torn apart by the fact that Cap is trying to protect the guy who murdered his parents and never told him he knew. Tony's anger at the end is the last drop of a series of events in his miserable life
>>
I am willing to call this the best movie of 2016
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.