[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could a third one work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Gremlins poster.jpg (199 KB, 710x960) Image search: [Google]
Gremlins poster.jpg
199 KB, 710x960
Could a third one work?
>>
>>69022717
the first two were shit. so i doubt it.
>>
>>69022717
Definitely. If made by the same people
>>
Only if Joe Dante returns to make a even full retardier sequel than the second.
>>
>>69022717
Yes.
CG is now on par with practical.
The question is who can write the appropriate treatment
>>
>>69022742
>doesn't appreciate Gremlinkino
>>
>>69022717
It can work but only if it's directed by Dante and has a script and team that is respectful to the series. Go fucking wild with the concept.
>>
no. because gremlins is a racist product of long bygone but hoplessly biggoted era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlins#Allegations_of_racism

Allegations of racism
Since its release, some people have criticized Gremlins as being culturally insensitive. Some observers have argued that the film presents gremlins as African Americans.[16] In Ceramic Uncles & Celluloid Mammies, Patricia Turner writes that the gremlins "reflect negative African-American stereotypes" in their dress and behavior. They are shown "devouring fried chicken with their hands", listening to black music, breakdancing, and wearing sunglasses after dark and newsboy caps, a style common among African American males in the 1980s.[24]
>>
They'll do a "soft reboot". Phoebe Cates and Zach Galligan aren't doing much nowadays so they'll either be cameos are "pass the torch" to new characters. Their kids probably. Gizmo is back, or maybe a girl Gizmo. Pretty by the books.
The only way to get me excited is if Joe Dante did it again. Although I'm not sure even he could top 2. What do you do after the insanity of Gremlins 2?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeHPml4IHhU

How about this pitch?
>>
File: Phoebe&JenniferJaosnleigh.png (497 KB, 558x737) Image search: [Google]
Phoebe&JenniferJaosnleigh.png
497 KB, 558x737
They'd need to get Phoebe Cates out of retirement.
>>
>>69023068
How about a World War 2 period piece, showing the genesis of the gremlin concept?

An airbase overrun with them, or dealing with them on planes in the air?
>>
>>69023017
I'll remember never to feed niggers after midnight
>>
>Villain for the third one would more than likely be Greta and the Jewish businessman's rape baby who is half human and a half Gremlin, who has werewolf like transformations into a Gremlin around midnight
>>
>>69023068
Not a bad idea really. At least it's creative sounding. The idea of the Gremlins using cameras makes a lot of sense. I could see a lot of humor arising from gremlins filming themselves and their antics.
>>
>>69023017
Wow I have heard some bullshit excuses for research and film interpretation (my Bachelors thesis was based on film and history) but this one takes it. Such autism.
>>
>>69023505
you'd need some to be able to yell WORLDSTAR!!! IN THE BACKGROUND
>>
>>69022717
Nah, there's no way they could make anything this fun in this day and age.
>>
>>69022717
If they keep the gross-out humor, I'm excited.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.