[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck that movie, this is the best Hitchhikers' Guide to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 373x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 373x500
Fuck that movie, this is the best Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy
>>
Book>Radio>TV>Film
>>
The radio is best. Actually, the LP rerecorded version is sonically superior.
Then the novels.
Then the TV.

The film is fucking shite.
>>
It's certainly the best visual adaptation, all the graphics are beautiful and hold up perfectly due to being hand-drawn, and even the hokey special effects work well because of the campy style.

>>69016986
>>69016852
The audiobooks read by Douglas Adams are actually the best version, his comic timing is superior to any of the radio cast.
>>
>>69017097
>best visual adaptation
I wasn't sure how to say it, but that's what I meant. I was about to write "best screened version".
I thought the best Hitchhiker's were the first few books, but after that they got weird.
>>
>>69017203
>I thought the best Hitchhiker's were the first few books, but after that they got weird.
3 > 2 > 1 > 5 > 4

Fenchurch was a mistake, next time I read 4 I'm going to skip between "skip to the end which is a good bit and has Marvin in it" and the end which is a good bit and has Marvin in it
>>
>>69017282

>Mostly Harmless better than anything

What a depressing slough of a book
>>
>>69017379
Do you not remember 4? Aka The Guy On Earth's Guide To Not Having Sex

Literally nothing happens. Mostly Harmless may end on a downer, but at least it had some jokes and action.

The fake sixth book undoes that but it may also make you wish that they stayed dead, and that doesn't even warrant being included in the same sentence as the rest.
>>
>>69017097
>The audiobooks read by Douglas Adams are actually the best version, his comic timing is superior to any of the radio cast.
I disagree entirely.
The radio is also dramatised. A sitcom.
Adams reading a novel he wrote later is a different hyper-kettle of fish-like entities.
>>
>>69017468
I couldn't even finish the sixth book, it was a real shame.
>>
I always hated books 4 and 5, I'm afraid.
They became cynical and depressing. Very few things from those stick in the mind, compared to the first three.
>>
Eoin Colfer is fucking shit.
>>
>>69016642
Is this the one with the dog shit costumes and make up? Like worse than the original Star Trek tier? Anything by the BBC pre 90's is super fucking British and looks like shit.
>>
>>69017647
What the fuck were they thinking when they aproved this shit
The story was nice, but what made them so good was Adams and his writing, and thank god he closed the series at Mostly Harmless, even a sixth book by him would have been subpar
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.