[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 16
File: 1450366127957.webm (3 MB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1450366127957.webm
3 MB, 576x432
Figured some people might not want to talk about GOT or Capeshit.

So...

Star Trek General or
What was the most silly guest star on Star Trek.
>>
File: Shiggy.jpg (24 KB, 420x411) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy.jpg
24 KB, 420x411
>it's a Costanza episode
>>
عبدالله الثاني بن الحسين
>>
>>69014571
>So...
>
>What was the most silly guest star on Star Trek.

OP, you posted it. We can't have that discussion now!

Although, Joe Piscopo on TNG was also terrible.
>>
>>69015795
a
king
>>
>>69015795
>>69016360
JORDAN
>>
>not including this superior manthrow guest appearance
>>
>>69015223
I liked that episode. It had a great message.
>>
>>69016693

Yes, don't trust the Trilateral Commission to get your car fixed.

And that universal translators can be compromised.
>>
>>69016693
he did very good in the role as well. I mean at first it's silly cuz its fucking Costanza, but he's a really good actor
>>
>>69016781
I meant more "if you can't win, cheat," but both of those are fine lessons too.
>>
>>69014571
Is that the Rock?
>>
>>69014571
That DS9 episode with Iggy Pop
>>
File: 2012-06-28-stds9-iggy.jpg (79 KB, 533x306) Image search: [Google]
2012-06-28-stds9-iggy.jpg
79 KB, 533x306
>>69017517

Never has a Vorta sounded so drugged up on K-White.
>>
File: morello.jpg (570 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
morello.jpg
570 KB, 3000x2000
>>69014571
>What was the most silly guest on star trek

Tom Morello from Rage against the Machine.
>>
>>69017724
The
>"my god, WHAT have they done to you?"
Upon seeing the dead walking Vorta was the best line in that episode. That whole moment was perfect.
>>
>>69017929
This, the episode was hilarious.
>>
File: Antedean_dignitary.jpg (744 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Antedean_dignitary.jpg
744 KB, 1080x1080
>>69017827
>>69017517

/mu/ izzat you?
Also, can't forget about Mick Fleetwood who played the Antedean Dignitary.
>"a very handsome race"
>>
>>69017986
If by some chance humanity gets past the tumblr age and goes out into the stars we're fucked anyway because I don't know how anyone would be able to keep a straight face looking at ayyy lmaos who's faces are permanently stuck in a "OH FUCK WHAT HAVE I DONE" expression.
>>
>>69018160
>If by some chance humanity gets past the tumblr age
wow that's a pretty hard hitting description
if we mess it up now, we didn't get past the tumblr age
humanity, laughing stock of the galaxy
>>
>>69015795
Thank you Bajoran Terrorism.
>>
>>69014571
>Star Trek General
Fuck off with generals faggot. Make a trek thread or dont. But dont call it a general.
>>
>>69019243
But we need someone to post a Tupac episode.
>>
>>69014571
>What was the most silly guest star on Star Trek.

Undeniably Terri Hatcher as a slut who gets her pussy drilled by the ever-anoying Captain Okona. What a dreadful episode.
>>
>>69017929
>>69017970
Him debating the hippocap futures with Moogie was great, too.

>That's fascinating. But if your son does not show up in five minutes, I'll be forced to kill you

He really was a great Vorta. Too bad he couldn't come back. I would have liked to see him and Jeffrey Combs in a scene together.
>>
>>69019469

>"Heyyy guys.. so like I want to talk my special vaginapussy. It has sprinkles and lollipops in iiiit."
>>
File: My Dinner with Zek.gif (2 MB, 245x249) Image search: [Google]
My Dinner with Zek.gif
2 MB, 245x249
>Listen well, Quark, my boy: I would never give up my holographic blanket. I mean, because Ferenginar is cold in the winter. I mean, the Tower of Commerce is cold! And it's always winter on Ferenginar. It's a difficult environment, not fit for even a Breen. I mean, our life is tough enough as it is. I'm not looking for ways to get rid of the material possessions that provide relief and comfort, for a reasonable price. I mean, on the contrary, I'm looking for more opportunities to raise sales of consumable goods, because the market is very lucrative. I mean, I'm trying to protect us all because, really, there's these potential profits to be acquired everywhere you look!
>>
>>69016693
>I liked that episode. It had a great message.

He was in the pool.
>>
>>69020978
She was miscast, but that was hardly how she played that character. Not great, but certainly not the silliest guest star.

The romance with Tom was just bizarre, though.
>>
>>69021590
It was the middle of season 3, half the writers were pushing Tom+Banana, half the writers were pushing Tom+Kek. Why not compromise on a guest star? Since Berman won't allow a compromise of Tom+Harry.
>>
File: a-frightened-alien-child.png (3 MB, 687x3145) Image search: [Google]
a-frightened-alien-child.png
3 MB, 687x3145
Just re-watched this episode.
VOY 2x04 "Elogium"
Kes gets her mensies and "comes of age" because of space bacteria around the ship.
This scene makes Neelix provably a pedophile.
It'd be like a 30-40 year old with a 9 year old.
More great Voyager writing.
>>
>>69021702
Your idea is the superior pairing. At least it would give the latter something to do.
>>
Blu Ray transfers of the TNG Edits when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtmbzJNPsaQ
>>
>>69021754
Is it any wonder that Voyager had the biggest pedophile following of all the Treks?
>>
>>69021961
No, considering we inevitably get the Mizati and Naomi "random-poster".
>>
File: Faith_garland.jpg (52 KB, 593x530) Image search: [Google]
Faith_garland.jpg
52 KB, 593x530
>>69021754
isnt sex for them just holding hands or some stupid shit.

everyone who held her hand on voyager prematurely is a pedo.
>>
>>69021754
If a species only lives for a decade, then shouldn't the cutoff line be physical capability and ability to give consent?

That being said, the Ocampa have a ridiculously impractical reproductive process. It's a wonder they evolved that way. And only one baby at a time? Something that lives for nine years should give birth to litters.
>>
>>69022006
No, they were very much implied "lovers" and kissed on more than one occasion, Neelix gave her flowers, it was completely a relationship with romance involved.

>>69022021
Another short-sighted writing blunder by the team, considering that the difference between her at one and two or after puberty is basically a sac on her upper back and spots on her hands.
>>
>>69022021
>And only one baby at a time?
Only one baby FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIFE.

So... the Ocampa species doesn't work. Because every generation will have fewer births than the prior generation. The population shrinks until it dies out completely.

Good job, Voyager writers.
>>
>>69022121
its not fair to pic on the ocampa you know the entire race is meant to be fucked up from the start.
>>
>>69022381
Well, sorta. Their entire race got fucked up by the caretaker by accident once. Presumably they managed to evolve a society prior to the arrival of the caretaker, somehow. How they became the dominant species on any planet when they can't have a child more than once in a lifetime is still baffling.
>>
File: Harry_Kim_overjoyed.jpg (43 KB, 316x354) Image search: [Google]
Harry_Kim_overjoyed.jpg
43 KB, 316x354
>>69022264

LOL, Jesus that writing crew fucking blew seven of nine chimps every other show.

This also negates the fuck-up they made in Caretaker by never discussing the fact that Janeway left a doomed species on a planet where the Caretaker's array was.

My second time around on this series completely proves what most people say about the it negatively. The writing has so many plotholes that it's hard to even get through some episodes because of the characters inability to discuss a very obvious issue that most viewers would be aware of.
>>
>>69022021
>>69022121
Maybe their species didn't always have these retarded limits in place and it happened when the overseer ruined the planet or when they lost their psychic powers too?

Or maybe it's just a myth like she escaped when she was so young that her parents never got the chance to tell her the stork story wasn't true.
>>
Wouldn't anti matter suicide bomber ship be pretty much the most devastating things ever?
>>
>>69023040
Yeah, but if you build a warp core that unstable, it would probably have trouble going at high enough warp to actually surprise someone who has those fancy trek sensors.

Unless they were deployable shuttles manned by holograms. But that would be a waste of duranium.

This is assuming suicide ships aren't against some treaty the Federation signed, which the probably are.
>>
>>69023040
It's called a "torpedo".
>>
>>69023281
i think he means when the ships explode and everyone has to leave or die.
>>
>>69022021
The only logical way for the Ocampa to exist is that the overseer didn't want them to expand at all and regularly added clones to replace their population.

If they will give birth only one time, they would need to at least regularly have triplets to survive.
>>
File: Cytoplasmic_lifeform.jpg (59 KB, 650x422) Image search: [Google]
Cytoplasmic_lifeform.jpg
59 KB, 650x422
>>69019290
>"SKRREEESKRREEEEEEEE*
>*ERROR 112: CONTACT TECHNICIAN IMMEDIATELY!*
>>
File: farpoint_hd_122 (1).jpg (456 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
farpoint_hd_122 (1).jpg
456 KB, 1440x1080
>>69023350
>have ability to chose people from across the galaxy for the benefit of spore rape.

>leave ocampa on home planet near kazan while slowly dieing.

>tell them nothing
>>
>>69023040
It wouldn't need to be a suicide mission, just do a drive-by warp core ejection
>>
>>69023532
And what? Chug back home at sub light for seventy years?
>>
File: HfBCFL7.jpg (94 KB, 1068x636) Image search: [Google]
HfBCFL7.jpg
94 KB, 1068x636
>>69023527
>near kazan
Ocampa just needed to rush Novgorod
>>
>>69023598
After the target has been destroyed, you can send in the second wave to retrieve them
>>
>>69023758
The point remains that it would be more efficient to simply weaponize the antimatter (which was demonstrated to be a primitive but effective weapon in the VOY episode with the planet where time goes very slowly) instead of a convoluted system of weaponzing the antimatter within the warp core of a manned ship
>>
>>69024020
The reason ships are better than torpedoes is that there aren't many warp-speed torpedoes. In fact the only ones I ever recall are the fleet of AI torpedoes from a long-over war in that Voyager episode, and the one Sauren has in Generations.
>>
>>69015223
What episode is this from?
>>
>>69024382
"Think Tank" from VOY
>>
So, what, harry kim died and was a clone for the whole series or what?
>>
>>69024517
Thanks senpai
>>
Define 'Harry Kim'
One continuous conscience of Harry Kim was ended, a another continuous conscience of Harry Kim kept going
It wasn't a clone
>>
>>69024679
Harry Hu Kim was an Australian Ensign in Starfleet for his entire career before finally killing himself after nobody recognised him at the 3rd Voyager reunion
>>
anyone watch new voyages? it has a certain charm and is pretty faithful to the original series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4TC5wl0IzE
>>
>>69024679
It was a different consciousness though, which makes a different kim.
>>
>>69024758
There's a RiffTrax for this but I still couldn't make it all the way though.
>>
>>69024760
He was identical down to the atom until their universes 'crossed over'
>>
>>69024899
They can't see through the same eyes, they're two different individual lives.
>>
>>69024989
>A Rose By Any Other Name
Literally splitting hair(y)s here.
>>
>>69024989
You are using 'difference' as a spook here. We aren't talking about high school physics here, we're talking identical parallel universes. Individual, sure, but not different until the universes meet. At the moment they met, Harry Kim of the second universe was the same as Harry Kim of the first, you could murder either and still have Harry Kim
>>
What's the best Star Trek movie to watch with the commentary track?

I'm thinking of watching one today, Shatner and Nimoy talking over Save The Whales could be good, or Frakes over First Contact
>>
>>69026356
You know, I honestly think I've only watched Wrath of Kahn with the director commentary. Wish I could help, Anon.

I'd just pick one of the ones I like and decide that way.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.