[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the best Hulkshit so hated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Hulk_movie.jpg (50 KB, 300x441) Image search: [Google]
Hulk_movie.jpg
50 KB, 300x441
Why was the best Hulkshit so hated?
>>
>>69011821
>capeshit
>>
audiences weren't yet sophisticated enough for capekino, it would do much better if it was released now
>>
BECAUSE HULK NO SMASH SMASH

The silliness of the dog's appearance aside, it's one of my favorite capeshits.
>>
>>69011913
Except it wouldn't. At all. It would be criticised for being too dark and not fun.
>>
>>69011821
Watch it again when you're over 25.
>>
>no spastic cuts
>interesting and visually stimulating cinematography
>that fight in the clouds

don't know, even as a kid i was into it, the norton one not at all

from what i've heard everyone was bothered by the psychological mind stuff and comic panel visuals
>>
File: hulkshits.png (289 KB, 654x902) Image search: [Google]
hulkshits.png
289 KB, 654x902
I mean, this is some bullshit.
>>
File: nick nolte.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
nick nolte.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>69011821
Nick Nolte's performance was pretty over the top... im not really sure how much of it was an act.
>>
>>69012015
WATCH ME GO
YOU JUST WATCH ME GO
>>
>>69011969
The comic panel shit was awful. You don't read multiple panels at once, how do they expect anyone to watch multiple panels at once.

It also dilutes what's happening in each panel rather than focusing and treating a proper tone for each scene.
>>
>>69012015

Whether Lee did it on purpose or not, he got a dichotomy going between a son who was constantly, obviously holding back his thoughts and emotions back, and a father who seemingly lets everything out to cover what he's doing.

It's over the top, sure, but this is capeshit. With one of the most over the top of capes.
>>
>>69012119
this is honestly the best movie i have ever seen where nick nolte transmogrifies into a 100 ft tall electricity monster
>>
File: 1345171408052.jpg (9 KB, 176x166) Image search: [Google]
1345171408052.jpg
9 KB, 176x166
>it's a /tv/ is contrarian episode
>>
>>69012203

This needs to be a banner on the box art
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSGXERUKBj4
Truly capekino
>>
>>69012189
if i remember right, it would mostly happen to accentuate some sort of movement, either of something within the panels or as cut method
there's also a scene where three characters are exchanging glances which i think fit perfectly
>>
>>69011982
>you mean
fuck off HUlk 2008 was much better then hulk 2003
>>
>>69011821
Definitely the best hulk.
I didn't like it when I was younger and saw it in theaters, but now I honestly think it's probably one of the greatest capeshits ever right behind Spiderman 2.
>>
>>69011927
>BECAUSE HULK NO SMASH SMASH

This. Hulk is really a simplistic and boring character if you don't explore Banner's psychology, which Ang Lee did
>>
The Danny Elfman score is fucking fantastic
>>
>>69011982

What the fuck, there was a hulk 2008?
I thought the avengers was the first time that hulk incarnation was used
>>
The final fight scene is god tier.

>Take it. TAKE IT ALLL!!
>>
>>69011821
All kino gets panned. Same thing happened with BVS. It's because casuals don't get superheroes. They think they're supposed to be le quippy.
>>
I heard that it was made in the style of Greek tragedy
>>
File: 1450551654322.jpg (306 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1450551654322.jpg
306 KB, 1280x960
>>69014968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1waJKUA2s

Indeed.
>>
>>69015702

Hulk was better than BvS and I'm not a marvel fan
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.