[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this movie for the first time, what do you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: V.jpg (20 KB, 603x783) Image search: [Google]
V.jpg
20 KB, 603x783
Just watched this movie for the first time, what do you guys think ? I honestly think that it was pretty good.
>>
Too fast paced. The movie was faster than the sushi roller in that Drake and Josh episode
>>
"V For Vendetta" worked for me on a visceral level... as long as I kept my brain switched to the "off" position.

Remember the expression about having a plot hole so large you could drive a truck through it? This film was practically an interstate highway of plot holes.
>>
>>68999485
Care to uh.. explain what some of these plot holes are, familia?
>>
>>68998494
litearlly reddit the movie
>>
>>68998494
I (no sarcasm whatsoever) really loved the film. And despite the circlejerking around it afterward, it still remains one of my favorite films. It's the rare perfect mix of action, drama, and ethos.

Which, imo, is the hardest type of film to make. It's easy to produce something with only loose aesthetics and a shoestring story and call it "deep" and "provocative." It's much more challenging to interweave emotions into an actual plot while still being incredibly enjoyable.

For me, movies with concrete plots and ideas will always trump those without. Because it's hard as fuck to tell a story like that with a smidge of philosophy and action altogether but not tilt into either camp or snobbishness. The abstract minimalistic nonsense films (ala, Synecdoche, New York/the fountain/shit like that), are often brilliant on a technical level, but allow a huge buffer zone to mask mistakes/poor writing with "it's part of the symbolism behind the film."It's not that they're bad films, but their core concepts are often far less complex and interesting than they imagine themselves to be.

Long story short, loved it. Wish the Wachowskis/McTeigue hadn't gone insane and started producing absolute trash.
>>
>>68999894
Children of Men is like that too and one of my all time favorites
>>
>>69000011
100% agree. Perfect example of that extremely difficult blend. Love that movie.
>>
>>68999894
>>69000011
Both of these.

Pull my finger.
>>
>>68999999
>>69000000
>>
>>69000262
Wish I liked GoT if only to join the shitposting. I can't fucking stand it.
>>
>>69000135

Comments like these are why /tv/ will always be one of my favorite places to post. A complete and utter lack of respect for anyone is, in some ways, a beautiful beautiful thing.
>>
It's a great movie on it's own merits but I wish it stayed a little closer to the comic, in terms of V being more of an anarchist than a freedom fighter.

I also wish it found a way to include Finch's big moment of revelation, although dropping LSD at an abandoned concentration camp was a ridiculous moment
>>
>>68998494
it was pretty great in it's time, but ever since anonymous got famous using that mask it's become kind of cringeworthy because you know this movie was instrumental in the popularization of it. every time i see that mask i roll my eyes. i should watch it again though because i haven't seen it in a few years.
>>
>>69000483

Honestly I find not allowing outside influences when watching a film to be very hard to block out. Certain loudmouth/unlikable actors in a film can be like a splinter in my brain while watching something.
>>
>>68998494
The Wachowski """"""""""""""human beings""""""""""""""" got it right.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.