[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Uh-oh! You made the wrong sucker a cuckold >So time to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: hamilton.jpg (112 KB, 900x674) Image search: [Google]
hamilton.jpg
112 KB, 900x674
>Uh-oh! You made the wrong sucker a cuckold
>So time to pay the piper for the pants you unbuckled

What did he mean by this?
>>
That show is fucking gay

>tfw had to listen to the entire soundtrack while in a car ride

and of course all the british men and american women are white
>>
>spick actor playing a white character who cucks a nigger

is this degenerate?
>>
>>68992308
what? I don't think there was a single white woman in this

The Schuyler sisters were 2 niggers and a chink
>>
>>68992308
>tfw had to listen to the entire soundtrack while in a car ride
What are you 12 years old? Does your mom drive you around?
>>
>>68992552
was an actors retreat for a recording, I was jammed inside a van full of libcuck theatre faggots
>>
>>68992308
Oh come on, it's not that bad.

I really love the opening few songs and Room Where It Happens.
>>
Libcuck,cuckold, cuck.

God damn you guys are retarded with this obsession.
>>
File: laughing bitches.jpg (83 KB, 909x960) Image search: [Google]
laughing bitches.jpg
83 KB, 909x960
>>68993179
>an "actor"
>calling anything else gay
>>
>>68993179
Wait, wouldn't that make you a theaterfag as well?
>>
I've been hearing about this shit for months but only recently realized what the actually concept was. Are people really just fawning over the concept of "hey let's do a musical about the founding fathers but they're black!" or is there some other redeeming factor I'm not seeing?
>>
>Bitch it's time for you to swallow my....SHOT
>Bitch get ready, open wide for my....SHOT!
>Bitch I'm finna cap the fuckin money...SHOT!

Interesting libretto I must say
>>
>>68993458
The wordplay is fucking amazing.

Beyond that, yeah I think part of the novelty is the fact that it's a black musical centered around American History. In The Heights, Lin-Manuel's other musical, has similar wordplay but it's set in an urban shithole so the lyrics feel more natural.

>>68993541
100% hyperkeks
>>
>>68990566
>Mexicans and blacks as colonials in uniform

History in the Current Year
>>
>>68993458
>Are people really just fawning over the concept of "hey let's do a musical about the founding fathers but they're black!"
do you feel a need to insert your SJW boogieman fantasy into everything?

do you also get upset over "whitewashed" characters?
>>
>>68993799
it just seems like a pretty cheap gimmick to base an entire musical on, especially considering the over the top reception it's getting.
>>
File: angora12.jpg (23 KB, 417x317) Image search: [Google]
angora12.jpg
23 KB, 417x317
>>68993458
Its a bombastic retelling of a founding father's story that never really gets much attention

A hiphop musical on broadway is a bit of a novelty, but the concept is fully realized and Manuel is a god-tier lyricist.

I kinda wonder why you assume the worst without really knowing anything about it.
>>
>>68993406
>>68993451
not anymore, so I can shit on them all I like :^)
>>
File: George_Orwell_press_photo.jpg (102 KB, 362x503) Image search: [Google]
George_Orwell_press_photo.jpg
102 KB, 362x503
>>68993956
>>68993799
>>68993775
>>68993731
>>
>>68993327
The King's songs are all god-tier as well
>>
>>68993907
I'll be honest with you I thought exactly the same thing. At first I heard "Oh it's a rap musical about the American Revolution" and I was like "Ok Cool" but then I heard "it's all black people" and I got really worried because it was gonna be 90% slaveryshit

Then I heard the opening track and I changed my tune a little. It felt really original and interesting, and only an offhand mention of slaveshit.
https://youtu.be/ZqPLipRthHo
>>
>>68993907
do you know anything about the musical other than the casting?
Why do you assume it's a gimmick?
Why do you assume that the reception isn't warranted?
>>
>>68994051
LAH DAH DAH DAH DAH

DAH DAHDAH DAH DAIAADAH LA DA DA DA DAIIADAH

I agree anon. When he hears John Adams is gonna be the new president was pretty fucking good.
>>
>>68993907
It's success was the only thing that saved Hamilton from being taken off the 10 dollar bill.

A fucking hip hop musical that skewers history by having blacks and mexicans play prominent colonials. It's just a quirky little play now, but 20 years down the road it's going to be historical fact, and children in school will learn about Tyrone Revere and his midnight ride and José Washington crossing the Delaware.
>>
>>68994159
Fucking kek

>/pol/fags actually believe this
>>
>>68993179
Come out the closet sweetie. Stop hating yourself so much ;)
>>
File: 03411_show_landscape_large_03.jpg (85 KB, 606x398) Image search: [Google]
03411_show_landscape_large_03.jpg
85 KB, 606x398
I went to see Book of Mormon this year and it was a blast. I'm hoping this is going to be on the same level.
>>
>>68993956
>Manuel is a god-tier lyricist.
Can't wait to see what he's doing with Moana.
>>
>>68993956
>A hiphop musical retelling of a founding father's story

this sounds like the gayest fucking shit ever
>>
>>68993458
It's very, very well done. Besides, if the price to have great musical about white people is to pretend they weren't white, I can live with that.

If you're conservative, you like a musical about fighting to build America, and if you're a leftist, you like that the actors are non-white and all the conflicts are mapped onto Democrat vs. Republican.
>>
>>68994386
Been listening to the soundtrack for this. Funny as hell.

>tfw learned what Hasa Diiga Eebowai meant for the first time
Keks for days
>>
>>68994419
Fucking listen to it then and have an informed opinion
>>
>>68994476
Go see it in person man. It's very worth it.
I was lucky that they came through Reno.
>>
>>68994159
>50 years from now, it will be taught Oswald Ben laden was responsible for 9/11
>>
>>68994112
>do you know anything about the musical other than the casting?
the basic concept and that the cast is black, yes

>Why do you assume it's a gimmick?
it is a gimmick, objectively

>Why do you assume that the reception isn't warranted?
I was asking a fucking question

this is why I was hesitant about the whole thing, people do things like this now just to be controversial and then when someone is offput by the controversy mining or asks if there's anything more to it than that, there's this intense backlash of "WELL WHY WOULD YOU ASSUME THIS MUSICAL ABOUT THE FOUNDING FATHERS PLAYED BY ALL BLACK ACTORS IS RACE BAITING? DON'T BE SUCH A FUCKING RACIST UGH"
>>
They had black people do this because white people can't rap. It's a simple concept.
>>
>>68994548
>Go see it in person man
literally sold out until 2018
>>
>>68994609
Nobody buys tickets through main sites anymore because other ticket sites buy them and resell them. Look for tickets a week before the show plays on craigslist and you'll see them for $60-80 bucks. I got two tickets for the Reno one for $150.
>>
>>68994548
>tfw they passed through Indy a couple days ago
>tfw I missed it because I didn't have my license at the time
Fucking 19 years old and only got my license two days ago.
>>
>>68994609
If you have the money, there are plenty of reputable sites where tickets are resold.
>>
>>68994574
Its not a cast of black actors. The main lead is half white half spick and the female lead is half white half korean.

All Manuel has said about diversity is that the musical has a modern tone and he thought a cast reflecting the diversity you see today would enhance this.

Is this a simple enough answer for you? Or do you need to project something more insidious onto his intentions.
>>
>>68994574
>tfw the casting call for non-white actors was called racist
How do people miss the point that hard.

Anyway, I haven't actually seen it, but I've listened to it a couple times and it's really well-done in terms of telling a story through something that initially might be seen as a cheap gimmick (rap? in MY musical?)
>>
>>68994601
This is true
>>
>>68994524
only if you watch my entirely hispanic casted spin on Malcom
>>
>>68994159
You should seek help
>>
>>68995177
Where the fuck is it then?
>>
laterally alanis morissette: the movie
>>
File: schopenshig.jpg (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
schopenshig.jpg
113 KB, 1024x768
>>68994956
>implying anything in this "production" is music
>>
>>68994574
You sound like a bit of a cunt, anon. Not everything is about the evil SKWs trying to racebait you.

A theme in Hamilton is the strength that immigrants like Hamilton and Lafayette brought to revolutionary America. A diverse cast is an a way to represent this theme with a visual shorthand.
>>
>>68995327
>it's the "rap isn't music" meme again
Are you gonna try and say Jazz isn't music either?
>>
>literally cuckold: the show
>has nothing to do with movies or television
>gets 50+ replies anyways
This board should be deleted.
>>
>>68995359
>A theme in Hamilton is the strength that immigrants like Hamilton and Lafayette brought to revolutionary America
White European immigrants aren't the same as fucking Somalians
>>
>>68994524

Thats retarded, I can look at something and see if I will enjoy it or not you child.

I dont like hip hop or these anachronistic historical tales
>>
>>68995262
obviously being worked on, otherwise you would have already heard about how incredible diverse and amazing it is from every social media site and cock chugging faggot that uses them :^)
>>
>>68995376
good strawman
elucidate me about the aesthetic value of rap
>>
>>68995385
Musical theater and theater in general doesn't have a board, so it's relegated to /tv/. Same as Podcasts.

>>68995426
You're not surprised by anything, are you?
>>
>>68995416
What does that have to do with the musical or the reasons behind Hamilton's casting choices?

Are you trying to b8 me into an argument about immigration and race? Kind of ironic don't you think.
>>
File: patrick is confuse.jpg (9 KB, 250x193) Image search: [Google]
patrick is confuse.jpg
9 KB, 250x193
>>68995426
>I can look at music and decide if I like it or not
>>
>>68995534
>What does that have to do with the musical or the reasons behind Hamilton's casting choices?
You said the theme of the musical was how immigrants like Hamilton benefited the nation. I don't think a bunch of niggers shucking and jiving around really demonstrates this.
>>
WE ARE OUT GUNNED

OUT MANNED

OUT NUMBERED OUT PLANNED
>>
why dont they make musicals with singing dogs? real ones
>>
>>68995587
Its cool if you disagree with the reasons for the casting, but that doesn't mean you get to turn around and start making up your own reasons.

I mean you're not being willfully ignorant for the sake of maintaining an argument are you?
>>
>>68995587
Not him
I thought the musical pulled it off pretty well, especially with Lafayette's lyrics.
>his verse on Guns and Ships
Literally life changing desu
>>
>>68995733
>>68995711
Remarkably good internet in your cucksheds.
>>
>>68995596
WE GOTTA MAKE AN ALL OUT STAND

IM GONNA NEED A RIGHT HAND MAN
>>
File: 969678544d.png (10 KB, 553x275) Image search: [Google]
969678544d.png
10 KB, 553x275
>>68995327
>>
>>68995821
CHECK IT

Can I be real a second

For just a millisecond

Let down my guard and tell the people how I feel a second
>>
>>68995416
Wait what's your argument here

That niggers are bad and whites are good
>>
>>68995426
>anachronistic historical tales

The author literally brought on the original historian/biographer, Ron Chernow, to be a historical consultant for the show. Many historians have commented on how impressively accurate it is. Do your research senpai, it didn't win the pulitzer for nothing, it's brilliant

the thing is, hip hop is the music of revolution and rising up above where you started; stories of people like 2pac, Big Pun, and NWA are just like the story of Hamilton, who was literally born a bastard child, soon orphaned, in the Carribean and literally made it into American History and help shape our country through his words alone.

the incredible verbal density that rap music allows absolutely captures Hamilton/Burr/Jefferson/etc's incredibly complex writings and speech in ways that traditional music simply can't. Just look at the speed and complexity of songs like Satisfied and Guns & Ships, it's really something else. And that's just scratching the surface of the work put into the production.
>>
>>68995880
This sounds dreadful
>>
>>68996053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZwEaYHSpc

take a listen senpai
>>
>>68996036

still not going to see it

stay mad :)
>>
>>68996036
People just overrate it because of "muh diversity" and "muh progressivesim". It didn't deserve any of its awards.
>>
>>68996112
lol you literally can't see it even if you wanted to amigo, their entire schedule has been sold out through 2017, there are no tickets left lmao

it's the biggest thing in American theater
>>
>>68996036
>hip hop is the music of revolution
Yes we all know how the fighters at Valley Forge blasted their Kendrick Lamar albums late into the evening.

Hip hop is the music of ghetto profligacy and enthrallment to Jewish studio moguls.
>>
>>68996150

then why are you trying to convince me to see it?
>>
>>68996178
just take a listen through the album, don't ignore an extraordinary innovation in american theater just because 4chan is spooked that the leads aren't white
>>
>>68996178
He's not trying to convince you that you should see it. He's saying it's not just "NIGGERS EXPLAIN HISTORY: THE MUSICAL".
>>
>>68996162
I like how you have absolutely nothing to say about this rest of his analysis. You just grab onto a soundbyte and then belligerently decide to interpret it literally.
>>
Miranda is a talented writer, but I can't help but picture epic rap battles of history whenever people try to anachronistically rap in period settings. I can't take it seriously at all.
>>
>>68996257
>"NIGGERS EXPLAIN HISTORY: THE MUSICAL".

>strawmanning this hard simply because I dont want to see some gay musical

Also, Im not some dumb pleb who needs my history sugar coated in saccharin pop music.
>>
>>68996371
why are you talking about gay musicals that you don't want to see on an anime imageboard?
>>
>>68996319
It was so obscene to suggest that rap is similar to the Federalist Papers that it did not warrant serious rebuttal.

Niggers are a blight. If I could get footage to Hamilton of life today in America he would round all of them up.
>>
>>68996413

>IF YOU DONT LIKE IT WHY COMMENT?!

lol baby youtube tier. This board is meant for discussion. Stop getting angry because someone has a negative opinion of something you like.
>>
>>68996521
your opinion is unfounded
>>
NOW I'M GOING HOME TO CELEBRATE AND POP A CORK, WITH ALL THE LIVINGSTONS TOGETHER BACK IN OLD NEW YORK.
>>
>>68996364
Oh yeah, I remember you from some previous threads.

You're cool. At least you can understand why it's popular and can have a decent conversation about it.
>>
>>68995177
>my entirely hispanic casted spin on Malcom
...in the Middle?
>>
>>68996137
that's simply not true though. from the excellent orchestration, choreography, and lyrics themselves it retells an incredibly powerful story from our own history that somehow was forgotten.

The entire musical is a war of the minds really between Burr and Hamilton: between someone who waits, biding his time to achieve power and someone who doesn't stop to question his own actions and pushes ahead destroying anything in his path, from friends to family to carve out his own legacy, respectively. Between a patient wait-er and an impulsive do-er. The musical shows both the faults and the pros of both ideologies and how if they hadn't clashed so violently, they could have flourished harmoniously. It's really riveting and a shame you don't wanna experience it just cause you're spooked.
>>
>>68996571

>I KNOW YOUR TASTE BETTER THAN YOU!

amazing.
>>
>>68995416
>>68995587

And thus the inner /pol/ reveals itself.

I enjoy that you started off saying "I'm just curious, it's not like I hate it or anything, I'm just trepidatious about a film with such odd casting", and then end with "black people and white people are inherently unequal! NO RACE MIXING!"

Jesus dude, if you hate it because it has black people, just say so. No one here cares, and we'd prefer it if you were honest about it so we didn't have to waste time trying to actually convince you it's good. All you need to tell us is "nope, it's got niggers, fuck that, no way I'm watching it.", so we'd be done. Then none of us have to have this conversation in the first place.
>>
>>68995822
>rap
>beauty of form
>harmony

wew
>>
>>68996364
Eh, I can see why they went with hiphop for this story. The entire thing is centered around words, writings and Hamilton's own verbosity.

I think it's kind of different from a series that uses rap more generally.
>>
>>68996621
I really did love how they built the relationship between Burr and Hamilton. The Room Where It Happens was one of the best songs because it really shows the breaking point for Burr, where he just gets absolutely sick of Hamilton upstaging him.
>>
>>68996636
do you know what unfounded means?
>>
Why is everyone pretending that show is good? Can't wait for trump to throw his ass out.
>>
>>68996464
it's not that it's similar, but that rap allows the density and speed required MUSICALLY to transform that sort of text to the stage in ways that other forms simply can't. Just listen to a good verse by Kendrick, Big Pun, or Biggie; they're fast, loud and powerfully emotively, but full of information, just like Hamilton.

Also Hamilton was incredibly sympathetic to the abolitionist cause at the time, especially with John Laurens, a famed early abolitionist, who he was extremely good friends with, so I doubt Hamilton would have that reaction if he saw blacks living alongside whites today. Gotta read up that history senpai. Get the biography the musical was based on by Ron Chernow, it's actually incredibly interesting and eye-opening to what was really going on during the revolution and post revolution.
>>
>>68996761
I never expressed neutral curiosity - you have me confused with someone else. Negroes and their music are both abominable. This blatant defiling of American history should be a hanging offense.
>>
File: farmer refuted.jpg (84 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
farmer refuted.jpg
84 KB, 500x647
>>68996793
now you're just being silly
>>
>>68996793
you sure convinced me with those hot greentexts
>>
>>68996844
It's really awesome isn't it? Hamilton using Burr's own "Wait for It" in that against him was my favorite part, Leslie Odom Jr. really sells it on stage.
>>
>>68996880
Okay, there we go.
>>
>>68996761
listen faggot the fact is that any time some story gets made and whites are casted they catch flak from all sides about not being inclusive, diverse, that they're whitewashing history, etc.

welcome to the other side of the argument, when niggefying proud american history, a history that at the specific period this piece occurs in was White, is something that is frowned upon.

i thought faggots like you were all about preservation of culture and stopping cultural appropriation
>>
>>68996880
the music was written by a spick though
>>
>>68996868
>they're fast, loud and powerfully emotively, but full of information, just like Hamilton.
You are one delusional nigger. It's so amusing watching niggers appropriate white history because they have none of their own but a history of being chattel, no intellectual pedigree so they elevate Kendrick Lamar to the level of Alexander Hamilton.
>so I doubt Hamilton would have that reaction if he saw blacks living alongside whites today.
They don't live alongside whites. They live in the hellscapes they've made for themselves and venture out to rob, rape, or kill white people whenever they have a whim for it.
>>
>>68996862

I dont like hip hop

I dont like anachronistic historical stories either. So this has nothing appealing to me, now deal with the fact that not everyone likes the same things you like you autist. And fuck off with your condescending tone of "HURR DO U NO WHAT UNFOUNDED MEANS?!?!" when you already established that you dont know what the word "anachronistic" means
>>
>hero is half-white
>female lead is half white
>pretty much every antagonist in the second half is a nigger
>>
Oh boy, more niggerfication of America. The Jews must be so happy.
>>
So is there a professional recording of the actual play or is it just the soundtrack everyone is talking about?
>>
>>68997014
anybody who writes off entire genres cannot hold a founded opinion
>>
>>68996926
>>68996922
the lyrical component renders the composition null

i mean realistically whats the point in attempting to discuss the aesthetics of beauty and form with some craven fuckin plebs who actually enjoy, and want to defend, said enjoyment of listening to apes stutter and gibber their way through improperly spoken and simplistically structured pentameter
>>
>>68997007
nigga i get you hate niggers but this shit was written by a rad puerto rican (PS Big Pun was also puerto rican)
and puerto rican is technically American so gotcha.

Furthermore, Hamilton was BORN in the Caribbean and was an immigrant. there is no such thing as "white" history. America's history has been built up from people of all colors from the start bruh

look hate niggers all you like, but it's a really well done musical celebrating our founding fathers that you really should at least listen to. it's on youtube for free, check it out amigo
>>
>>68997089

yeah, this makes no sense at all.
>>
>>68996868
>who he was extremely good friends with
they had a bit of the homolust 2bqh lads
>>
>>68997089
36 chambers is a great album and Big L is a great artist but rap is objectively shit and can easily be cast aside
>>
>>68996036
>it didn't win the pulitzer for nothing
Fucking Junot Diaz won a Pulitzer. It's not an indication of quality, it's an indication that it's popular within a certain upper class section of metropolitan New York.

>Just look at the speed and complexity of songs like Satisfied and Guns & Ships
Being impressed with fast, multisyllabic rhymes is up there with "I like rap with a message" in terms of inauthentic, white praise for urban poetry. If complexity were the criterion by which music is judged, then Yngwie Malmsteen would be considered a better musician than Bob Dylan.

Look, I like Miranda, but as someone who listens to hip-hop regularly, Hamilton feels like what the genre would sound like after being intellectualized and made safe for middle America. It's like Christian rock.
>>
>>68997083
No, they're talking about why they hate niggers and niggerfication of America.

It makes it really difficult to actually discuss the play. In answer to your question though, it's just the soundtrack.
>>
>>68997014
>anachronistic historical stories
it's not anachronistic though. they literally brought Ron chernow, the original biographer/historian on board to make sure it's historically accurate. many historians who've seen it agree, look it up homie.

Also if you don't like hip hop chances are you will like this since a good chunk of it isn't hip hop and doesn't sound like hip hop at all.
>>
>>68997083
The cast recording is free online
There's bootlegs of the play but they're not gonna release anything for a long time because the live show is printing money by the assload
>>
>>68996036
>the incredible verbal density that rap music allows

Hey yo Tyrone play the same 3 notes on loop on the background while I talk about how much I like titties
>>
>>68997202
wow it sure does suck that people have differing opinions and can steer the course of their own discussions huh
>>
>>68997116
what do you think craven means?
>>
>>68997083
there's a bootleg out there, but nah it's just the cast recording now, which basically is the entirety of the show since there's no spoken (not rapped/sung) dialogue really. it's worth a listen, it's a powerful as fuck story. but seeing it live on broadway is really something else.
>>
>>68994609
>Mfw I saw it when it came through my town in 2013 for a pricey 70 bucks, then saw it again in early 2015 for 20 dollars because the theater couldn't sell out a Thursday night showing and just wanted asses in the seats

It was like some kind of spooky Mormon hell dream...
>>
File: EEF9jcl.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
EEF9jcl.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>>68990566
>Make broadway musical aimed at minorities
>Vast majority of nigger can't even afford a ticket
The absolute madman
>>
>>68997116
>the lyrical component renders the composition null
no it doesn't
>>
>>68997268
(c)uck

i know what i typed :^)
>>
>>68997067

I am pretty much a character purist in all things and even I think you're going over a bit.

The problem is majority of the history concerning founding fathers is pretty boring and having to teach this shit can be a drowning task but a Puerto Rican found a way to make a piece of history interesting on Broadway? I mean Broadway is pretty gay anyway so why do you care so much?

If it was an actual historical interpretation I could see your argument but this is entertainment.

It's original at least. Could it be less demogaguic? of course but this is the same guy that was in beginning of season 6 of house. He's entertaining.

If it is a character purity argument you're never going to be happy.
>>
>>68997316
well I disagree.
>>
>>68997259
Regardless this thread was created so we could discuss the play, not the politics associated with it.

Actually, nevermind, it's about the cuck meme. Sorry for wasting your time.
>>
>>68997116
top tier delusion
>>
TAKE YOUR NIGGER NOISE BACK TO AFRICA
>>
File: colonial pepe.gif (154 KB, 500x568) Image search: [Google]
colonial pepe.gif
154 KB, 500x568
>listening to Non-Stop non-stop
>Hamilton wrote 59 of the Federalist papers
>I'm shitposting on a chinese cartoon website
>>
>>68997367
once again, need i remind you that we are acting out of our own volition and are free to steer the conversation how we see fit

in addendum, you'd be pretty fuckin surprised if you realized how deep the "cuck meme" really goes in this world
>>
>>68997228
yeah but good rap though senpai

>>68997424
THE OTHER

FIFTY ONE
>>
>>68997424
It was 51 actually.

>WHY DO YOU WRITE LIKE IT'S GOING OUT OF STYLE
>>
>>68993179
>allowing plebs to listen to literal shit in your vicinity

That might just be the actual definition of a cuckold, my man.
>>
>>68997367
>Actually, nevermind, it's about the cuck meme
kek

it got people talking though
>>
>>68997160

No such thing as white history.. What about German History? British History? Irish? Northern Italians. Swiss.. French.

There is a lot of history that we have come to define as 'white' people under a single label and there is a lot of history that goes into that.

We don't call it white history because institutionally, except for history dealing with Mongolians..it has been dominated by white people.

Struggle against the ottoman empire drives europe to expand west.

History is how you define it but allowing your political correctness to blind you is still a caveat that you're taking for granted when dealing with people here because they're not going to be politically correct with you.
>>
>>68997449
>>68997463
you caught me anons, i actually haven't listened to it in weeks
but im listening now
>>
>>68997445
Fair enough.
>>
>>68990566
I thought they were doing Jojo poses at first
>>
>>68997401
there is no delusion in that post, only lucidity

nice rebuttal though
>>
>>68997219
this.

also, the musical began as a concept album. eventually Manuel turned it into a stage production. as a ""Latino"" (half white, come on) actor, he always had a hard time finding roles, so he decided to cast his show with minorities.

additionally, it's a musical production that can be performed in fucking high schools with anyone of any race playing the roles. they didn't write the Founding Fathers to be black; they don't mention race at all. they are just played by actors of various ethnicities.

including Thomas Jefferson, who gets shit in the play for owning slaves. the slave-holders in this musical are all played by black actors.

there is nothing revisionist. the skin color of the actors literally never matters in the context of the production.
>>
>>68997486
The actual definition of a cuckold is someone who's wife sleeps with another man while they are married.

Listening to shit involuntarily has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>68990566
Why are the tickets so expensive, last time I saw a musical in broadway 4 or 5 years ago I paid 60$, but this shit costs like 400$
>>
>>68997535
Is this copy pasted from Reddit
>>
>>68997535
>the skin color of the actors literally never matters in the context of the production.

ethnicity was never mentioned in Star Wars yet jj forced Boyega into the role,likely costing disney millions in merchandising :^)
>>
>>68990566
Did you know that the guy on the left, Thomas Jefferson, is played by the emcee from Clipping?
>>
>>68997610

It's really popular.
>>
>>68997610
Because it's gotten so popular that you can actually mention it on 4chan and get replies
>>
>>68997424
F I F T Y O N E
>>
>>68997578
language evolves

what exactly do you think memetics is, if not language?
>>
>>68997535
this, they literally just cast the best actors/their frequent collaborators for the parts regardless of skin color. and surprise suprise, black/latino folks are the best at rapping

also daveeed diggs as jefferson is fucking brilliant y'all can fuck outta here
>>
>>68997424
>Thomas Jefferson studied more than 10 hours a day, spoke 7 languages, invented the mouldboard ploughm, was a linguist, created the swivel chair, owned a winery, owned the largest collection of scientific books on the Western hemisphere, knew more about geography than most geographers, wrote the Declaration of Independence, founded the University of Virginia and STILL had time to father illegitimate children with his slaves
>and here's me shitposting on a Taiwanese scrimshawing board
>>
File: 1339616960958.gif (3 MB, 419x313) Image search: [Google]
1339616960958.gif
3 MB, 419x313
>>68997449
>good rap
>>
>>68997640
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwUWTut1bh4
>>
>>68990566

Quite literally this seasons meme broadway show.
No one will be talking about it a year from now, get your fawning done now redditards.
>>
>>68997527
composition is no longer composition if I don't approve of the lyrics

do you agree?
>>
>>68997675
fuck off faggot, thomas jefferson would give up all that shit to have the internet
>>
>>68997666

Considering how many black women he banged I'd rather see the bulworth actor as Jefferson just for the meta of it but jefferson might as well be black considering how many of his descendants are now.
>>
>>68997463
WRITE DAY AND NIGHT LIKE IT'S GOING OUT OF STYLE
>>
>>68990566
lmao
>>
>>68997748
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPWY8MMGOk
>>
>>68997752
who cares
>>
>>68997757
The internet is fucking useless if you don't have the will to actually learn from it. How many languages do you speak? How much in-depth knowledge do you have of the physical sciences? You have more of an opportunity to teach yourself than Jefferson ever did, yet you still know less than he did.
>>
>>68997847
what the fuck is your problem. youre the one who's whining about it you fucking idiot. i dont give a shit about langunages
>>
>>68997802
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbU9UUwxBxA
>>
>>68997748
Holy fucking shit.

That's weird as hell to hear Burr rapping like that. He's talented as fuck though.
>>
>>68997895

>langunages

We can tell
>>
>>68990566
>>Uh-oh! You made the wrong sucker a cuckold
>>So time to pay the piper for the pants you unbuckled
those are actually the lyrics...
>>
>>68997908
Jefferson/Lafayette, not Burr
>>
>muh dick: the musical
>>
>>68997753
misrepresentation

the instrumental composition of the piece adequately serves as music.

the lyrical style, and way it is expressed does not.

therefore, when combining the two, the resulting product is flawed and can not be considered music, let alone beautiful. at the very best it is the shitty purple elephant fingerpainting on the refrigerator in a small apartment 2 blocks away from the Met.

you seem to be operating under the notion that my opinion will be the same as yours, and vice versa. it won't.
>>
>>68997895
Why are you so upset though?
>>
>>68997943
Fuck, yeah sorry about that. It is fucking weird though.

>>68997931
Yeah, those are the lyrics. It's about Hamilton cucking some dude who's wife is a whore and feeling guilty as hell because he's cheating on his wife
>>
>>68997931
...yes?

you know cuckold is a word that exists outside of internet memes, right?
>>
>>68998008
this isn't music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ9U4Cbb4wg
>>
>>68998054
>>68998044
He was remarking on the shitty and clunky nature of the writing. You two have been slurping so much nigger semen in this thread it's fucked up your brains.
>>
>>68998110
Eh, I think it works fine. Personally I'm not a fan of that particular song, but those lyrics are fine.
>>
>>68998110
no shut up
>>
>>68998106
like nails on a chalkboard

no
>>
>>68998028
are you serious? you have a big bold faggot tripcode and wrote a fucking huge totally humorless greentext, you were asking for it.
>>
>>68993956
>angora napkin

totally forgot this existed
>>
>>68998008
>when combining the two, the resulting product is flawed and can not be considered music
That's nonsense
By that logic Ave Maria is no longer music because it was paired with animation in Fantasia. A combination of composition and spoken word does not invalidate either component.
>>
>>68998314
>By that logic Ave Maria is no longer music because it was paired with animation in Fantasia.
It's doubtful that Schubert anticipated Disney
>>
we fought kangz and shit
>>
File: WE WUZ SECRETARY OF TREASURY.jpg (46 KB, 1418x219) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ SECRETARY OF TREASURY.jpg
46 KB, 1418x219
The writing is pretty good and I appreciate that It's telling the story of a pretty fucking important guy in American history that most people don't really know much about because he was never President but the hordes of people sucking It's dick because 'muh modern american face' is very cringe inducing. The slippery slope is real and we're going head first down it.
>>
>>68998388
Kek
>>
>>68998376
so what? it's paired with non-musical media and therefore flawed.

Are you having a hard time keeping your ridiculous logic straight?
>>
>>68998205
More like I insulted your musical du jour so you needed to find an irrelevant post to vent
>>
>>68990566
This saved Hamilton from getting Tubman'ed off the ten dollar bill. Have to give it respect for that.
>>
>>68998388

>he managed to twist it into a republican meme

Jefferson would be proud, along with all those Republican mothers that he wanted to bang.
>>
>>68998433
kek i dont even know what this thread is about i just thought your self pitying whine about thomas jefferson was fucking pathetic and that you should get some perspective
>>
>>68998314
why does nobody understand the concept of "opinions".

also, your logic is the real nonsense considering ave maria is an aesthetically pleasing instrumental composition and Fantasia also happens to be an aesthetically appealing animation.

a+a = a
a+n =/= a
>>
File: thisfuckingguy.jpg (83 KB, 600x566) Image search: [Google]
thisfuckingguy.jpg
83 KB, 600x566
>>68998414

People cannot be this retarded. He had fucking portraits made of himself. He was whiter than George fucking Washington.
>>
>>68998434
i agree but now the 20 which is used alllmthe time is niggercity
>>
>>68998414
I can understand. As a half-asian myself I see why people like more representation, but dear Lord MAKE SOMETHING ORIGINAL if you're gonna shoehorn diversity.

That's why I have an infinite amount of respect for the Wachowski weirdos for making Sense8. They put their money where their mouth is.
>>
Who else /imaginedeathsomuchitsamemory/ here
>>
>>68998491
You're speaking nonsense and then hiding behind subjectivity when anybody points out the glaring holes in your logic.

Assonance and meter are the aesthetic foundation of spoken word. Rap applies both. This is fact.
>>
>>68998595
WHEN'S IT GONNA GET ME

IN MY SLEEP

SEVEN FEET AHEAD OF ME
>>
>>68998535
They think that because he was born in the Caribbean that he must be part Caribbean (Even though, the label "Caribbean" means nothing, because the black people from the Caribbean are not native to there either). He was ethnically English and French.
>>
>>68998582

It will be changed in less than 10 years so who cares. Jackson was a southern apologist, of all of them he is basically a half traitor despite New Orleans.
>>
>>68998590
>MAKE SOMETHING ORIGINAL

You're calling Hamilton unoriginal? Are you half-retarded too?
>>
File: pooh smug.jpg (7 KB, 149x210) Image search: [Google]
pooh smug.jpg
7 KB, 149x210
>>68998535
>>68998664
>Huguenot
>white
oh that's adorable
>>
The first and thus far only genuine masterpiece of 21st century musical theater. Spring Awakening, Avenue Q, Billy Elliot, In the Heights and Book of Mormon were great shows, but only Hamilton is up there with West Side Story, Sweeney Todd, Cabaret, or Hair.

Lin's brilliant, and I hope he keeps being brilliant. Can't wait for his Moana music, this is the first time in years I've been hype for a disney movie.
>>
>>68998739

All that word stands for is french protestant. Stop using words you do not understand nor can spell properly you half brain-dead nigger.
>>
>>68998610
read your post and look back into the mirror

i even provided you some handy casual symbolic logic but somehow that's a "glaring hole".

my argument revolves around the lyrical stylization of rap being unaesthetic and therefore failing to qualify as music in the definition that would qualify music as being something of artistic merit.
>>
>>68998487
Recognizing the accomplishments of someone else with a self-deprecating comparison to your own is - let me spell it out for you - not meant to be taken at face value.
>>
>>68998739
How are they not white you fucking moron

They're literally just a branch of the French
>>
>>68998822
>>68998785
I bet you think jews are white too

Newsflash: being "white" isn't just about the colour of your skin
>>
>>68998755
>already has an Emmy, a Tony, a Grammy, a Pulitzer, and a MacArthur grant
>he's probably going to win an Oscar for Moana
N O N S T O P
O
N
S
T
O
P
>>
>>68998786

The majority of musicians do not even consider rap to be music because it does not involve instruments. See the shilltastic Rock Hall of Fame from this year.

If we define definitions by consensus opinion then your entire argument between various anons and the tripfag is moot.

Agree to disagree, because that is also the other point when neither side is going to agree. That is what you do.
>>
File: 1461906828532.jpg (29 KB, 353x350) Image search: [Google]
1461906828532.jpg
29 KB, 353x350
>>68998867
Haha yea dude only Catholics are white
>>
>>68998684
I mean like original stories and characters, instead of just stealing original IPs and making the MC either a nigger or woman.

Again, this play doesn't mention the races of the characters once, so they could actually be all white and no one would complain except for the SJWs
>>
>>68998867

I don't give a shit about identity politics nor stormweenies so I do not care. Scream about hook noses all you want, faggot.
>>
>>68998896
I wish I could be a minority and have prizes thrown at me by self-flagellating cuckolds
>>
>>68998920

"Nothing new under the sun"
>>
Got the soundtrack recently. This shit is fucking fantastic, and those of you shitting on it for whatever stupid reason can fuck off and die.

I challenge any of you faggots to a duel.
>>
>>68998896
EGOT
>>
>>68998920
how many other famous works have been made about Hamilton?
>>
>>68998953
Don't forget to invite us all to opening night of your musical, anon
>>
File: 1461716109761.jpg (152 KB, 649x730) Image search: [Google]
1461716109761.jpg
152 KB, 649x730
Why is this thread still up? Uhh mods hello?
>>
>>68999041
I'm a white male, so why bother trying to create anything?

The majority of the world is against me, so I'm destined to fail
>>
>>68999037
No, I'm saying Hamilton's perfectly cool because it is original and doesn't bank off race/gender.
>>
>>68999100
Oh, poor little martyr
>>
>>68998898
i don't even think the trip replied to me what are you on about i wasn't involved with that shit

definitions are very much defined by consensus, but consensus does not make truth

I see what you are saying, but assuming im talking to the same individual as before , I've even stated my argument's central tenet and in response you've harped upon the consensus of some outside musicians irrelevant to this conversation and then proceeded to avoid actually addressing my position.

I take your departure as acquiescence.
>>
>>68999100
Yes.. that's why you're a failure.. okay anon.
>>
>>68999107

I was completely surprised that someone made something interesting about Hamilton.

Even if I am not a broadwayfag, I'm glad he is getting some love considering he, at least historically was turned into the math nerd of the founding fathers.
>>
>>68999203

This is the first time I've posted and I don't have a trip. This post makes the second time. >>68998898
>>
>>68992502
The ensemble had 2 white women I think.
>>
File: 1461024017396.jpg (7 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
1461024017396.jpg
7 KB, 250x237
>Do you know what Angelica said
>when she read what you'd done?
>She said, "you have married an Icarus"
>"he has flown too close to the sun"
>>
>>68998920
"SJWs"
Dude, contemporary musical theatre at its core has been an extremely liberal medium. Practically everyone in the industry is liberal.
>>
>>68999100
Uh- who is Jonathan Larson? Who is Stephen Sondheim? If you're talking about getting roles, there are thousands of white roles on Broadway, which is why an all non-white cast of something like Hamilton doesn't bother me. If you're talking about playwriting, don't quit your day job because even if you're successful, you won't get paid enough for writing the shows.
>>
>>68998755
If we're talking 21st century legend, RENT should be up there too. It's an accurate depiction of life for starving actors in New York.
>>
File: wewlad.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>68999486
>ABCB

oh wow
>>
>>68998414
>one drop rule is racist!
>some guy who might have had a non-white ancestor isn't white!
So which is it?
>>
>>68995438
lmao what
last time i checked the entirety of the medium of musical theatre is liberal as fuck you mongoloid
>>
>>69000294

>a theatrefag killed Abraham Linconi
>>
>>68996364
It's not just the rapping that's anachronistic though, the way the characters look, speak, and act are all anachronistic as well. I don't think "rapping is anachronistic" is a strike against a musical whose main goal is is to present early American content through modern American form and style, with heavy emphasis on the parallels between the two and how the ideologies, temperaments, and conflicts that defined the revolutionary era still drive us today.

Like, you could criticize it by saying something like "the hip hop is too fussed over and indebted to broadway styles to give the material the energy it's supposed to" or "it's more interested in complex rhyming than grappling with its ideas" or "it verbally summarizes events too much to feel like an emotional story rather than a history lesson." But "This multiracial hip-hop Alexander Hamilton musical is anachronistic" is just super weak criticism.
>>
>>68999923
>Criticizing Burn for its rhyme scheme.
They rhyme "mine" with "mine" three times in a row. Pretty sure that's not the point.
>>
>>69000379
>damn my soul if you must
>let my body turn to dust
>let it mingle with the ashes of the country
>let them curse me to hell
>leave it to history to tell
>what I did, I did well
>and I did it for my country.
>LET THEM CRY DIIIIRTYYY TRAAAITOR
>they will understand it later

fucking theatrefags
>>
File: eliza.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eliza.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>swn let you iron clothing on her chest
;_;
>>
>>69000772
I fucking KNEW Assassins would come up eventually.
>>
>>68999486
>haha i got that puerto rican hack now he used a predictable metaphor

"Merit, virtue, and talents must have enemies and always exposed to envy so that, my dear Eliza, you see the penalties attending the position of so amiable a man. All this you would not have suffered if you had married into a family less near the sun."
>>
>>69001160
the rap genius notes are p cray desu
>>
>Liberals literally promoting the man who started us on the route to their hated 1 percent domination for no other reason than he didn't own slaves
>>
>>69001160
>All this you would not have suffered if you had married into a family less near the sun."
Damn. Works doubly so given that Miranda is a Caribbean descendant himself.
>>
>>68997116

15 year old grasping at his english for dummies book to impress people with his (incorrectly used) word choice?

Or bitter 23 year old virgin man baby child trying to dictionary up shit to make his retarded argument sound articulate?

by the way, craven means cowardly you fucking dolt.
>>
>>69000872
Sweet lord, no tits at ALL.
>>
>>68998433
Yeah dude just drop trip. It's mind-boggling that you feel the need to sign your posts when they're this unremarkable. People only come to 4chan b/c it's free from the posturing of wherever it is you came from; please don't ruin that.
>>
>>69001059
Because Sondheim is fucking amazing
>>
>>68990566
>Broadway play
Thanks for the discussion on Television and Film, literal faggot.
>>
>>69000379
>"contemporary"
one little word makes all the difference you know
>>
>>69001791

theatrefags don't really have a home though. They're a literal traveling caravan of cuckolds and faggots.
>>
>>69001379
I don't want to live in the world where >>68997116 isn't 15 years old.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.