[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RDJ was my favorite actor before capeshit went mainstream.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
RDJ was my favorite actor before capeshit went mainstream.
>>
I like the prequels better than the OT.
Have ever since I watched all six for the first time.
>>
Ghostbusters sucks. Remake will suck because it is ghostbusters, not because omg women touching my nostalgia.
>>
File: upset2.png (203 KB, 677x351) Image search: [Google]
upset2.png
203 KB, 677x351
>Honestly Hobo With a Shotgun is my favorite movie, it just gets better every time I watch it.
>Entourage will always be a guilty pleasure of mine. It's fucking horrible and depressing but I still can't help but love it, even though I hate every character on the show and their smug fucking faces.
>In Iraq I violated ROEs in a green zone
>I hate the Office, even though everyone else seems to love it
>I once burst into tears watching Fraiser in a college classroom
>I still occasionally make feet threads on /tv/, even though I don't have a foot fetish

Fuck, it feels good to get all that off my chest.
>>
I let other people's opinions influence my own.
>>
>>68986259
I feel isolated in watching movies because my family are all plebs.
>>
>>68986400
t. Nu male
>>
The only Star Wars related thing that I like is Battlefront 2.
>>
>>68986400
Yes, it's true. This anon has no dick.
>>
I still don't see why there's anything wrong with the Matrix sequels
>>
I admire the visuals of Blade Runner but ultimately it wasn't very good.

Same goes for Excalibur which I really, really want to like but putting an artificial green light on the right side of the frame is more annoying than it is clever.
>>
>>68986259
i fucking hate star wars, its the shittiest, most boring franchise ever created
>>
>>68986574
there's already a second one?
>>
>>68986259
I loved him in tropic thunder, thought he had finally matured.

>>68986601
I liked Merlin better than Excalibur
>>
>>68986259
I love Nolan
>>
>>68986595
matrix reloaded is my favorite one
>>
>>68986654
What?
>>
>>68986259

I can't keep up with ANY of Nolan's Batmans. I guess I'm just dumb.
>>
malick needs to fuck off with the pretentiousness already. and lars von trier needs to follow along
>>
>>68986811
Watch this:

http://vimeo.com/28792404
>>
I like new woody allen movies more than the old ones that are considered good
>>
File: 1399093086527.jpg (19 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1399093086527.jpg
19 KB, 396x385
I like frogposting.
>>
File: y tho.jpg (23 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
y tho.jpg
23 KB, 480x270
>>68986465
>>I still occasionally make feet threads on /tv/, even though I don't have a foot fetish
>>
>>68986595
Having marathoned all 3 films in a single night a little while back, I have to agree with you. There really is very little wrong with them in the context of the whole trilogy.

Before you crucify me, yes some of the sub plots and SJW agendas being thrown around are bullshit, but they domt detract enough from the over-arching plot to make it a bad film.
>>
really looking forward to alicia vikander as lara croft
>>
The Big Bang Theory has better acting and writing than Seinfeld.
>>
>>68986964
Same here.
>>
>>68986595
I still don't see why The Matrix was lauded for anything except the slow-mo shot. I especially don't understand people who keep bringing it up as a great action movie, when the action in it has the weight and feel of a bad FPS game where you have too much health.

Blade was better in every way.
>>
>>68986974
seriously anybody who likes bbt or himym should kill theyselves
>>
>Baneposting will never not be funny
>Obi Wan posting too
>Better Call Saul is a pleb filter of the finest mesh possible
>I dont watch capekino and yet I pray for its bloody demise
>it kills me that normies will never be punished
>I sneak food into the theater and you cant stop me
>I make a mess with what I buy in-theater and you cant stop me
>you ticket taker plebs cant even spot me ccing my Single Action Army, let alone a Subway sandwich
>>
i jerk off to ugly old hags
>>
>>68986552
A nu male would be the type to wear a ghostbusters tshirt out in public.
>>
>>68986949
>Before you crucify me, yes some of the sub plots and SJW agendas being thrown around are bullshit, but they domt detract enough from the over-arching plot to make it a bad film.

I liked Elysium for the same reason.
>>
File: mayu_matsuoka.jpg (396 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
mayu_matsuoka.jpg
396 KB, 667x1000
95% of the time, my only interest in the foreign movies/tv I watch is the actresses
>>
I liked marvel and I read their comic books and collected their cards when I was a kid. I absolutely despise the cinematic universe (especially iron man) to the point that I no longer like marvel and regret ever liking it.
>>
>>68987072
Don't worry anon, I was just b8ing
>>
>I want Brad Jones' life to continue being a comedy of sadness so I feel better in comparison by pitying him
>Linkara is fine
>>
ALL of the Nolan Batman movies were badly written with bad action scenes. People only caught on with the third one because it wasn't masked by it being yet another origin story and a lead dying, respectively.
>>
I liked Prometheus more than Aliens
>>
>>68987077
>Baneposting will never not be funny
Yes
>Obi Wan posting too
Yes
>Better Call Saul is a pleb filter of the finest mesh possible
Yes
>I dont watch capekino and yet I pray for its bloody demise
Meh
>it kills me that normies will never be punished
Vote for Trump
>I sneak food into the theater and you cant stop me
Fatty
>I make a mess with what I buy in-theater and you cant stop me
Rude
>you ticket taker plebs cant even spot me ccing my Single Action Army, let alone a Subway sandwich
Oh hey Jared
>>
I've actually had sex
>>
>>68987215
I agree
>>
Big Hero 6 is my favorite movie of all time.

The Entourage movie is one of the worst movies ever made and I honestly can't believe I watched the series to completion. The only redeeming qualities were Johnny Drama and Ari.

I think David Lynch is a genius.

I absolutely despise Whiplash and will never understand how it received the critical praise that it did.
>>
Capeshit, for the most part, is very fun. But they really are oversaturating the market nowadays
>>
I cried like a bitch on interstellar
>>
I like Taylor Lautner
>>
>>68987364
wew
>>
>>68987239
Thanks for replying.
>>
>>68987330
I almost did too.
>>
Revenge of the Sith has awful awful parts but also very powerful moments, and I watch it more than any other Star Wars movie
>>
>>68987364

He along with Sam Rockwell and some others are "comfort" actors for me.

Too bad taylor doesnt get more roles these days
>>
>>68986259
I'M UGLY AND I'M PROUD
>>
File: Anakin Vs Obi-Wan.webm (2 MB, 1916x816) Image search: [Google]
Anakin Vs Obi-Wan.webm
2 MB, 1916x816
>>68987311
Could not agree more.
It's almost like watching things that are fun has become a no-no anymore.

>>68987424
It's honestly the best SW movie.
>>
Star Wars is shit
>>
>>68987473
Please don't associate your bad taste with liking RotS
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>>68987245
>>
>>68987433
If you haven't, the second and third seasons of Cuckoo with him have some pretty good stuff. I'm still waiting on Run the Tide to be released - it sounded like he was trying to do more serious stuff.
>>
>>68986654
You have to be 18 years old to post on this website.
>>
>>68987473
is that clip supposed to help your case?
>>
>>68987424
I won't argue and say it's a good movie, but I really do like it
>>
I "ship" characters and it's one of my favorite things about TV shows.
>>
>>68987110
A nu male would be the type to wear a ghostbusters shirt solely because of the new all female movie coming out
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 389x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 389x594
I stepped out of the theater after watching Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice™ and literally fell to my knees and thrust my arms into the air.

"SNYDER!!!!" I cried.

I cried so much for the first time in my life.

I went in to the movies jaded and cynical after reading all the /tv/ posts how much Snyder was a hack, Man of Murder, Stop my invincible son and expected absolutely trash from the movie but I was wrong. So wrong.

I couldn't believe the masterpiece I had just witnessed. I felt like throughout the entire film Snyder himself was speaking to me, thru Metropolis and Gotham, his love and dedication was there. He assured me that a new era of cape movies has arrived, a new era to save us from these lackluster regurgitated capeshit movies we are accustomed to.

During the battle with Doomsday, the people around me were so enthralled and were convulsing and speaking in tongues, their spit and tears flying everywere, some landing on me, but I didn't care. I was already in full spasm from the orgasmic capekinography I was seeing.

As the movie ended, everyone in the cinema cried. Like wailing and sorrowful crying. Nobody said a word but everyone in there had the same feeling. "Forgive us Snyder for we do not know what we have done"

In all seriousness this a solid 12/10.

I'm still wiping my tears as I try to relive that moment, I'm afraid I will never experience this exhilarating joy and sadness ever again in my life.

Thank you Snyder... Thank you...
>>
>>68987228
Me too anon
>>
>>68987580
I've had a Ghostbusters shirt for the last 10 years and now I don't want to wear it because I don't want people to think that's why I'm wearing it.
>>
>The Resident Evil films are comfy as fuck.
>The directors commentary for 'This is Spinal Tap' is better than the actual film.
>Lost in Translation is my favourite film of all time

Fite me
>>
>>68987580
Or because they are a self-proclaimed "geek"
>>
File: 1457739205180.jpg (57 KB, 871x960) Image search: [Google]
1457739205180.jpg
57 KB, 871x960
I think Spirited Away was the last 2D animated masterpiece.
>>
>>68987574
You're alright with me anon. Writing/reading shipping fanfiction is one of my favorite hobbies. I'm a 26 year old man.
>>
>>68987639
>wearing printed T's
>being a walking advertisement

Grow up, son.
>>
>>68987639
You shouldn't want to wear a ghostbusters shirt for any reason ever.
>>
Dog Soldiers is the best werewolf movie, no contest.
>>
I love Fight Club
>>
If you use modern music in a period piece you should genuinely consider suicide (looking at you, Tarantino).
>>
>>68987702
>>68987718
Bought it when I was 15.
>>
The interracial cuck meme ruined my life.

I'm not exaggerating. It made me quit my job and my girlfriend left me because of it. It's a long story but basically I'm paranoid of black men fucking women I know, am dating, female family members, etc. and I'm paranoid that they're all lying about it. I've also become extremely self conscious about my dick size. I had a breakdown that caused me to leave work early and cry in my car in a parking lot for hours and my boss fired me over it.

Even seeing the word 'blacked' makes me dizzy and want to vomit. I'm seriously considering seeing a psychologist or something but as you can imagine it's extremely embarrassing.
>>
>>68986259
That's bullshit he wasn't in anything besides that shitty Chaplin movie and one season of SNL
>>
Arthouse fucking sucks.
>>
I'm from reddit and act less like a redditor than most of you faggots. Caring about YouTube critics and other faggot reviewers is the most reddit thing ever
>>
>>68987605

ahahaha, no (you)s , except for this one. but it doesn't count
>>
>>68987245
>>
>>68987828
whats funny is that even if you made all of that up, you've thought about this enough to come up with such nonsense. Blacks win again.
>>
File: Kelso.png (822 KB, 446x471) Image search: [Google]
Kelso.png
822 KB, 446x471
>>68987823
So? Stop wearing what you wore when you were 15, jackass. Grow up.
>>
File: DEUS VULT.png (1 MB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
DEUS VULT.png
1 MB, 1162x850
>>68986465
>In Iraq I violated ROEs in a green zone
>>
most of the time I'd rather watch a bad movie than a good one. and by bad I mean genuinely bad, not so bad it's good or a guilty pleasure. there are no expectations, I don't need to pay attention or invest any thought whatsoever, and they're more fun to talk about
>>
>>68987574

Everyone ships characters at least subconsciously.
>>
>>68987986
*Dumbass
>>
>>68988046

uhhh, no. I just looked it up and I most definitely do not
>>
I really liked the movie chappie and the only reason it got panned was because of its Christian themes.
>>
File: 1411762505824.jpg (66 KB, 664x500) Image search: [Google]
1411762505824.jpg
66 KB, 664x500
>>68986948
Whatever, you only have to get one kristen ritter pic in to collapse the entire thread
>>
File: image.jpg (429 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
429 KB, 1920x1200
I saw Ellen Page at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos of anything.

She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and stuck her fingers down my throat. I tried to push her off, but she knocked me to the ground and sat on my chest.

She took her fingers out of my throat and started spitting on my face, she had so much spit I don't know how her mouth could produced so much. Before my entire face was covered in saliva.

"Want a picture now, bitch?" she started screaming. "Want me to sign your butt hairs, faggot?"

She started punching me in the crotch and screaming, "I'm a lesbian, you pig! I'll skull fuck you!"

She got up off of me and grabbed my legs, she started pulling me down the isle by my feet while yelling aimlessly about the taste of semen. Suddenly she dropped me and started taking off her shirt. She wasn't wearing any bra underneath, and her tits were right there in front of me. Then she grabbed a bottle of mustard from the shelf next to her, unscrewed the cap, and started pouring it all over her tits.

She went in to stomp my face, it was then I noticed she was barefoot, but slipped on all the saliva. She ate shit and fell on me, her mustard covered tits smacked against my face.
>>
>>68986259
I love Looper

I like the Extended Cut I found on FanEdit.org

It's a masterwork of character development, exposition, pulp-sci-fi world building, tension, and pacing

I will love it forever
>>
>>68988042
Completely agree, and I find myself doing it more and more as time goes by. I find the having less than zero expectations of a movie helps a lot. With a lot of the critically acclaimed stuff I'm working too hard to work out why I should like it, or why others like it and most of the time it's not even a good movie anyway.
>>
Starwars is the most overrated series ever, people only like it because its popular. The people who claim the original trilogy is great are just bandwagoning and pretend to like them because they are "classics". Even Lucas thought the first one was shit when it released.

the tv shows and games are pretty good though, probably because lucas didnt make them
>>
>>68986259
i don't actually come here for the memes, but i still try to engage in conversation about things that i watch

the memes are just a bonus
>>
i love Pearl Harbor
>>
I still haven't seen The Force Awakens and don't plan on it.
I've never been into Star Wars.
The only superhero movies worth watching were Nolan's Batman movies even though TDKR sucked.
David O' Russell fucking sucks.
Film is dying because all of the younger director and writers fucking suck.
John Carpenter is underrated and should still be making kino.
Film school breeds the worst people.
Judd Apatow fucking sucks.
Seth Rogen fucking sucks.
Politics are ruining what little is left of film.
JJ Abrams is a fucking faggot for slapping the Cloverfield brand on an unrelated movie.
Cronenberg is overrated. Scanners and Maps To The Stars are two of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Black Mass was terrible.
Nolan is okay.
Snyder is worse than Bay.
Watchmen sucked.
Directors refusing to shoot digital and only shooting film is fucking retarded and childlike.
Forcing yourself to watch older movies and convincing yourself that you enjoy them to live up to some kind of film buff standard is pathetic, I'd rather have someone tell me they think Transformers is the greatest movie ever and honestly believe it than listen to a 25 year old NYU film grad tell me how poignant the films of Tarkovsky and Godard are as if they can even relate to what's being conveyed in those films.
>>
>>68988733
Go to hell weeb
>>
The Chronicles of Riddick is better than Pitch Black.
Avatar is James Cameron's best movie.
>>
>>68987574
Same
>>
>>68988869
>The Chronicles of Riddick is better than Pitch Black
but that's true
>>
>I left 4chan in 2011
>came back to discuss the clusterfuck that was True Detective season 2
>discovered Baneposting
>fell in love with it

and

>i contribute heavily to sopranos threads even though I have never watched it
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 429x399
>>68988756
>Forcing yourself to watch older movies and convincing yourself that you enjoy them to live up to some kind of film buff standard is pathetic, I'd rather have someone tell me they think Transformers is the greatest movie ever and honestly believe it than listen to a 25 year old NYU film grad tell me how poignant the films of Tarkovsky and Godard are as if they can even relate to what's being conveyed in those films

this is true
>>
>>68989578
But what if someone enjoys those movies
>>
I enjoy reading gay fanfiction of movies and shows I watch. A lot of things I've seen I watched only to be able to read the fanfictions in the first place.
>>
>>68989681
I think the guy means the pretentious hipster shits who do it to seem deep and exotic and not people who like it because they like it.
>>
File: sst.jpg (243 KB, 700x387) Image search: [Google]
sst.jpg
243 KB, 700x387
Casper Van Dien should have become a household name
>>
>>68989730
Same
>>
They took her
>>
>>68989777
Exactly.
>>
>>68989834
Any recs?
>>
>>68989896
Well I'm sorry to hear that...
>>
>>68989896
..................................well I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>68989777
if that's what he meant he sucks at communicating. in his example the film grad only says that the movies are poignant, which is a legitimate opinion. it just sounds like people appreciating films that he doesn't makes him feel insecure
>>
>>68989999
sounds like you're just triggered tbqh
>>
>>68989896
...........................................................Well I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>68989906
Off the top of my head:
Peter/Varys http://archiveofourown.org/works/554214

Charlie Luciano/Arnold Rothstein
http://archiveofourown.org/works/415349

Frank Underwood/Tom Yates
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3469976

Even though Ao3 can be a tumblr clusterfuck, there are some gems if you look hard enough
>>
>>68987512
He's better in a comedy than an action or drama.
>>
>>68989999
Congrats on graduating from NYU film school.

And the guy is talking about sincerity in his example. Like the Transformers guy who sincerely likes it versus the film school grad who had to write an essay on David Lynch's "Six Men Getting Sick (Six Times)" and brings it up during table conversation to only impress his friends with something obscure and inject pseudo-intelligent semi-political bullshit into it as if his interpretation was the filmmaker's original intent.
>>
>>68990787
Debatable. I just think he needs to work on his acting. I didn't mind that one thriller he did, with Sigourney Weaver and Alfred Molina. It was a little YA, but generally solid popcorn stuff.
>>
I like Angie Tribeca and I'm looking forward to the second season
>>
>>68989896
.................................................................................................................Well I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>68988148

You've never wanted one character to get together with other character? Shipping doesn't automatically mean you write shitty fanfics and post on tumblr.
>>
The Star Trek Plinkett Reviews were the only entertaining thing Red Letter Media has ever done. They aren't even good critics.
>>
File: 1454733544042.jpg (19 KB, 379x401) Image search: [Google]
1454733544042.jpg
19 KB, 379x401
No other show comes close to The Sopranos or Mad Men, and I always give a genuine effort to honestly assess what I watch. There are other shows I consider great, but those two are untouchable.
>>
>>68990361
Thanks anon sincerely appreciated!!

As for Ao3, I agree but honestly I'd still take that clusterfuck over ff.net.
>>
>>68988869
Pitch Black, while being pretty good in itself, is the worst of three imo.
>>
I literally cannot stand niggers
>>
>>68990918
The Singleton one? Yeah he was alright in that. He probably could do some good stuff with a bit more acting work.
>>
>>68991567
Breaking Bad
>>
>>68992700

No. Very good show. Not in the same league. Even The Wire is ahead of it.
>>
>>68986259
Seeing GoT everywhere makes me rage. I really wouldnt give a fuck but constantly seeing the fucking billboards, ads, fucking CLOTHES SHOPS, media pushed in my face makes me actively hate it. I dont believe the hype.
>>
File: 1461979509939.jpg (12 KB, 463x319) Image search: [Google]
1461979509939.jpg
12 KB, 463x319
>>68991592
>FF.net

That's still around? I remember that from when I was in middle school. It must now be a hellhole.
>>
File: beta cuck on internet.jpg (694 KB, 1274x715) Image search: [Google]
beta cuck on internet.jpg
694 KB, 1274x715
>>68986579
>>
>>68986259
David Lynch hasn't made a good movie since Blue Velvet and even that was more exceptional when compared to Hollywood bullshit than it was a masterpiece of cinema.
>>
I have seen every episode of RLM's Half in the Bag series and, in total, have probably seen less than 10 of the movies that they talk about on the show.

I find Mike, Jay, and Rich's banter more entertaining that the Hollywood shit they discuss.
>>
File: BIG DUBS 4 U.jpg (11 KB, 387x272) Image search: [Google]
BIG DUBS 4 U.jpg
11 KB, 387x272
>>68991238
Keep up the good work, brother
>>
>>68988224
go on
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 830x974
>>68992332
you're a real special snowflake huh?
>>
>>68993617
their banter is great but watch more movies
>>
>>68987858
He was good in that terrible rendition of Ellis' work
>>
I despise all super hero / comic book crap except for the dark knight trilogy
>>
>>68986974
Now this I'm not okay with.
>>
>>68994049
make me
>>
>>68994130
same here, except I liked watchmen and the first iron man.
>>
>>68993184
Yeah it's still going strong and still just as shitty as ever kek. It's a shame too, since if it wasn't for the admins purging +18 and 2nd person pov work, it could've managed to keep the better authors that migrated to Ao3. But good writing is so rare I still check ff just in case (and end up regretting it each time I do).
>>
>>68988224
Did that really happen?
>>
>>68986259
>RDJ was my favorite actor before capeshit went mainstream.
RDJ was my favorite actor before the MCU went mainstream.

There I fixed it for you.
>>
>>68993132
Same. Books were good though
>>
No doubt he is one of the best fucking actors ever.

Something about how he combines a serious dramatic performance with some comedy but not too much comedy.

I've seen him in interviews and he got real emotional once when someone brought up his past drug addiction. No doubt this man is still carrying demons inside of him as his acting shows that which is what makes him so brilliant on screen.
>>
>>68993132
My friend made me watch the first 4 seasons. I haven't watched any of the rest though. It's actually a pretty good show. I'd say the one problems it has is the same problems shows like 'Lost' had. There will never be an ending or twist good enough for it, and it'll be huge letdown for most people.
>>
>>68986259
I legitimately enjoy most of the films of Wes Anderson
>>
>>68986259
Amazing Spiderman 2 is one of my favorite super hero films ever.

Jamie Foxx as Electro and Dane DeHaan as Harry/Green Goblin was the best casting decision ever!

Something about this movie is just so fun and fresh and enjoyable.

I love the opening shot of spiderman swinging down the city which looks like a Gopro attached to his chest in some of the shots - some of the best spidey shots we have ever seen on screen.

ASM2 has the best spiderman costume ever, all the Green Goblin bits are so gothic and dark as Dane did a 10/0 performance when he was changing into.

I so wish this got a 3rd movie. I am always going to be pissed to the core about Sony cancelling it.

I wish more people would appreciate how such a holy grail this movie was.

>btw I did not like ASM1 at all really because the Lizard should have been in Spiderman 4 with Tobey Maguire.
>>
>>68994805
Again i really dont care and i am suspicious if something is so good wtf does it have to be constantly in your face? Like the kardashians are everywhere (fuck even GoT outdoes them) and also what is with plebs boasting they are into alternative thoughtful stuf the mainstream coldnt even start to imagine then fucking listing this show as their main obsession? Its as fucking mainstream as you can get. Its getting to a point it putting me of fantasy altogether.
>>
File: night terrors by animeflux.jpg (26 KB, 387x357) Image search: [Google]
night terrors by animeflux.jpg
26 KB, 387x357
>>68994481
>>
>>68994617
I honestly hope this show fails and that GRRM dies before finishing so bookfags will go apeshit and the fallout will be top kek.
>>
>>68987072
I was tripping acid with a friend of mine a while back and he put on one of the later seasons of HIMYM to watch in the background. maybe the the 3rd time I saw the show and it made me realize just how bad it is. Thankfuly he moved to Texas and I haven't had to deal with his bullshit since.
>>
>>68994805
Yeah dont. it goes downhill after S4.
>>
>>68986259
I love The Force Awakens and Age of Ultron. I LOVE THEM! I FRICKIN LOVE THEM! Now please don't crucify me
>>
>>68986259
fuck man of steel. i hate so many things about it. in the 78 movie Brando as Jor-El was GOAT, Reeve was GOAT superman, Williams score is amazing, dialogue was interesting as fuck and super memorable. it's instant nostalgia. at least superman returns imitates the good shit. man of steel is boring as fuck with dull characters, shit dialogue, under achieving music, and it's nearly black and fucking white. fuck snyder and fuck nolan too for MOS. most of all, fuck hans zimmer for that goddamn score.
>>
>>68995251

The Force Awakens is legitimately a good movie and that isn't an unpopular opinion contrary to what /tv/ says.
>>
>>68987077
So are you saying that BCS is good but slow paced enough to make dipshits who dont care about excelent charater development stop watching? If so I completly agree. BB was definently more interesting and actiion packed (at least for the first 5-1/2 seasons), but it got so mainstream they started pandering to the lowest common denominator. The nazis were such a shitty story arc, I hope they don't do something similar with BCS but I'm almost positive it will. I love it so far though
>>
>>68986508
i know that feeling. it sucks ass. i just want my own opinion, goddamnit, but i just can't not believe that the godfather is a masterpiece and empire is the best star wars movie.
>>
>>68986654
you have to be 18 to post here, anon. otherwise, nice bait.
>>
>>68986508
>>68995443

If this isn't bait, you really need to fucking grow up. People like you are legitimately the worst kind of people.
>>
>>68987138
Iron Man 1 was pretty good, before they started incorporating all of the other Marvel bullshit. I don't have ebough time, attention or energy to watch 5 new MCU movies every year.
>>
>>68987228
seconded. I'm pretty excited for the new movie
>>
>>68995529
nah, there are much worse people. believe me, there are worse things than saying "the godfather is a masterpiece" or "the empire strkes back is the best star wars movie." you know, like people who think man of steel is legitimately a great movie.
>>
>>68994369
>watchmen

my nigga
>>
>>68995354
this
>>
>>68995625

Well, not those opinions. I mean the type of people who let other people mold their opinions. How is anyone who does that not a depressed fuck?
>>
I love RDJ in all his roles except fucking Iron Man. I hate all the Iron Man movies.
>>
File: Skyfall.jpg (398 KB, 2000x1389) Image search: [Google]
Skyfall.jpg
398 KB, 2000x1389
Daniel Craig's Bond films are the best in the franchise.
>>
>>68987245
the only reason I haven't had sex with a woman is beacuse my dick is pretty small and I'm afraid of that info getting back around to my circle of friends. If I knew how to hire a hooker I would. been having tons of craigslist gay sex in the mean time. does this make me a faggot?
>>
>>68987330
I still have never seen this movie, should I? Why? I've downloaded it a couple of times but I always get bored and shut it off within the first 10 minutes
>>
I bet she doesn't like any of my favorite movies.
>>
I fucking love Netflix. Fight me.
>>
>>68995163
yeah I don't plan on it
>>68994981
well it's mainstream yes, but I won't lie I enjoyed the first 4 seasons, but it's better to watch it with someone. I personally don't care to watch tv shows at all though so I won't continue it. If you like low magic fantasy with lots of political intrigue you'll like it. But like with most fantasy it won't delve into larger concepts and philosophies.
>>
>>68996028
>If you like low magic fantasy with lots of political intrigue you'll like it
You mean if you like fantasy with loads of tits and violence. Lets not pretend its the first or even best fantasy drama out there pleb.
>>
>>68996148
meh. I wouldn't know. Fantasy is inferior to sci-fi anyways. I don't know why you'd watch fantasy for anything else anyways. :^)
>>
The Walking Dead is a good show.
>>
subscribe to this amazing actor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEfhUJvn5rM
>>
Star wars movies are not that great.
>>
Christoph Waltz is a shit actor
Gaspar Noé is a hack
It Follows was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, even Babadook was better
>>
Capeshit is fun.
>>
/tv/ is a total shit board.

I hate everyone who posts here.

I'm only here to troll and ruin threads.
>>
>>68995705
>How is anyone who does that not a depressed fuck?

they aren't lol. i'm a depressed fuck with low self esteem and a low opinion of myself so i don't hold my own opinions in high regard and just usually assume everyone else has more viable opinions.
>>
>>68996212
So you're like 12? Anyway i do prefer sci-fi if im honest, i really dont get te fuss over dragons.
>>
>>68986465
Explain Fraiser pls
>>
I enjoyed Donnie Darko's Director's Cut more than the theatrical version. It adds more depth to the story and anyone who had a fit over the ambiguity being ruined only cared since it made them feel special for *thinking* they comprehended the plot.
>>
>>68995767

Fuck anyone who shits on Skyfall, it's a top 5 Bond movie.
>>
im a mod at r4chan :^)

but i never use /tv/ for e-points because plebbitors only care about /b/, /r9k/, and /pol/
>>
>>68988756
Scanners wasn't terrible. You need to see more movies if that is the worst you have seen.

>Film is dying because all of the younger director and writers fucking suck.
With people like Ridley scott being old and turning out progressively worse shit I don't think it has to do with age.
Everything else I agree with.
>>
File: 1452140682636.jpg (78 KB, 458x504) Image search: [Google]
1452140682636.jpg
78 KB, 458x504
>>68996444
Trips of truth
>>
>>68987303
fuck off kermode
>>
>>68996565
scanners is atrocious and i feel bad for based ironside having to share the screen with stephen lack who gave one of the worst performances of all time
>>
>>68996615
Didnt kermode like whiplash tho?
>>
I still listen to Blink-182.
>>
>>68996732

>>>/mu/
>>
I don't enjoy most movies I watch anymore. I honestly can't seem to find a director that fits my likings.
>>
>>68996748
literally THE most boring board on this site m8.
>>
>>68996789
You need to stop taking /tv/'s opinions so seriously.
>>
>>68996701
I think he said it was okay, but basically said without J K Simmons it wouldn't be anything which is true
>>
>>68996852
I barely browse /tv/, and I try my hardest to be completely sincere and not let others influence my tastes.
I think I just don't know what kind of movie I want to see. Everything ends up being disappointing/underwhelming.
>>
File: roger-and-don-season-7-mad-men.jpg (78 KB, 920x604) Image search: [Google]
roger-and-don-season-7-mad-men.jpg
78 KB, 920x604
>>68991567

This.
>>
>>68991567
Fargo
>>
>>68986259
Your opinion sucks, hidden behind the veil of "before everyone else liked it"
>>
>>68991567
GoT is 10x better than those shitshows.
>>
>>68986654
fuck you master troll
>>
File: 1456525772501.jpg (51 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1456525772501.jpg
51 KB, 500x492
>>68997261
>>
>>68996549
my nigga
>>
>>68997261
>spotted the pleb
>>
China Moot ruined 4chan and this place hasn't been fun in years.
>>
I would like to engage in sexual intercourse with aunty Antje, but my genes are inferior and thus I am not worthy.
>>
>>68997609
>>>/hr/
>>
I'm American and i think Australian shit posting is the best there is to be honest.
>>
>>68998263
whats australian shit posting? is it like normal shitposting but just upside down?
>>
>>68998307
There shit post have a certain air of anarchy and clever b8 to it where others are just painfully obvious like Canada
>>
>>68998384
Their**
>>
>>68998384
>air of anarchy
???

go on...how?
>>
File: 1460857998278.jpg (263 KB, 838x1312) Image search: [Google]
1460857998278.jpg
263 KB, 838x1312
I've fapped to this scene a hundred times
>>
>>68998588
Her panties always looked shit stained to me.
>>
>>68987228
If the characters made SLIGHTLY more informed decisions it would be up there with the greatest movies ever made. It's one of the only films I have this problem with and I still love what it did to pieces.

And you're right, Aliens was an accomplishment but couldn't do quite enough.
>>
>>68998588
imagine
>>
Despite my diverse friends, I still am fairly racist (though I can't really say shit because I'm half asian)
>>
>>68999277
Half-retarded too.
>>
>>68999296
Oh shit did you follow me from the Hamilton thread
>>
>>68998640
SO would yours be if you had a fucking alien trying to kill you. also,
>shit stained panties

thats fucking hot!
>>
>>68999296
better than full retard tbqh
>>
I fucking hate batman

Bane was the best thing to happen to him. His whole character is fucking retarded.
>>
I just watched balde runner and I don't think I liked it much...
>>
I hate how this board is /pol/-lite and every other thread is about SJWs and black this and that. I can always go to /pol/ for that so why is it here? Can't even discuss certain things because of it. Same with the ebin maymay shit. Seems like people are here for the memes first and tv/film second. And then people says the waifufags were bad.
>>
>>68986259
Nolan's only good movies are his first two Batman ones.
>>
I don't bother with live action TV at all.
>>
>>69001178
politics play a heavy role in film, especially nowadays with everyone having access to the internet and having a voice. it's unavoidable.
>>
>>68995705
>Creating a paradox without trying
Couldn't your opinion influence someone to not be influenced by opinions?
>>
>>68986259
That's because RDJ is very talented. He just doesn't want to do anything worth shit anymore and Iron Man is all he is now, and he halfasses that half the time.
>>
I enjoy DUDE WEED comedy
>>
>>69002117
I found The Interview quite funny. Any other Rogen movies remotely worth watching?
>>
>>69002218

Not OP, but I think This Is The End is pretty funny.
>>
>>68986259
TFA is the only enjoyable Star Wars movie to me. Because it's the only Star Wars movie I saw of my own volition. My dad shoved the OT in my face and forced me to go see the Prequels and consequently I couldn't stand it and the hype around it. It helps that its acting is much better than other Star Wars movies. Yes, even the OT. Hamill was a qt but he really wasn't a very good actor. I feel bad for the new generation of kids who will have this new trilogy forced on them, though.

There's nothing inherently wrong with "turn your brain off" movies.

Marvel and DC suck but the quippy and too light feel of Marvel movies much better matches how comics should feel. 2deep4u comics were always a drag.

Inside Out was mediocre and the "feels" were too hamfisted. The message really wasn't as deep, subtle, or revolutionary as some people act. It genuinely confused me when I saw other people praising it like a Pixar masterpiece.
>>
>>69001178
Yeah, I think black men are superior too. In fact, my wife's son is black, but I take care of him as my own.
>>
>>69002504
so youre 16?
>>
>>68989896
........................................................................................................................................................................Well I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>68986259
Avatar: The Last Airbender is the best show ever made
>>
>>69002595
23, bruv. Things happened longer ago than you think.
>>
>>69003000
well if you were 16 it wouldve slighlty excused your shit taste lel
>>
File: 59486116099.png (1 MB, 1280x1136) Image search: [Google]
59486116099.png
1 MB, 1280x1136
I loved True Detective S2 and never got why so many people shat on it, but I have a feeling a lot of them were just doing it to fit in, at least on /tv/.

I don't really like David Lynch.

Or Audrey Hepburn.

I don't get the hype for It Follows, it had one or two tense moments but was utterly uninteresting otherwise.

I ended up hating the The Hobbit movies so much I can barely stand talking about them and I'm afraid my complaints will soon spread to the LOTR movies too. There were already quite a lot of unfitting silly moments.

Most of Deadpool's humour was childish and crappy. I was also sure I was going to hate Negasonic but she ended up as my favourite thing about it, probably because no one took her seriously.

I think 2014 Godzilla is one of the best Godzilla movies, together with the 1954 title, Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla vs Destroyah. Godzilla Raides Again wasn't bad either and Mothra sucks. Hedorah isn't bad at all. Oh and Final Wars is an abomination, but so are Kitamura Ryuhei's movies in general.
>>
I love capeshit. I think they're better than most movies that people say are the best.
>>
>>68986259
I'm the chris evans laughing poster, but I secretly like DC movies
>>
>>68986259
Godzilla 1998 was better than Godzilla 2014
>>
>>68986259
I act like I like Tarkovsky and some other foreign filmmakers just to look smart when actually I've never even watched a single movie they made
>>
Warcraft is gonna be worse than the Dungeons & Dragons movie.
>>
>>68995767
skyfall is the only good craig bond movie
>>
>>68986259
I think JUST is one of the best /tv/ memes and I say it out loud whenever something goes wrong IRL.
>>
>>68986259
Back to the future is mediocre and the sequels are dogshit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.