[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: ok.jpg (42 KB, 624x437) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
42 KB, 624x437
Love...
Should I watch? Why? I've heard conflicting things about it and don't really want to waste time on it if it's shit
>>
>>68980866
Then you make a thread to hear more conflicting info about it. Don't you see the error in your method? Check the first episodes if you don't like it drop it. You will lose 2 hours at best and if you are browsing /tv/ you certainly have some time to waste.
>>
>>68980866

If you're a piece of shit numale hipster with no soul, then by all means, watch, this show is for you.

Otherwise, avoid.
>>
Apatow produced this, the plot is lofty and doesn't really make an impression, Britta Bot is pretty good in it
>>
>>68980866
It was nice

Commentary on relationships and if you've been in one shitty ones or worthwhile ones you'll be able to relate
>>
I don't think it's too bad but I fucking hate that guy so much
>>
>>68980866
>Gillian Jacobs
I'm interested
>that cuck faggot beside her
I can tell everything I need to know about the show from his faggy pose

Dropped
>>
I thought it was pretty good. People watching seem to hate the guy way more than the girl, but I think that's just because she's a hot chick with cool flaws like being a drunk/addict, whereas he's just a needy dweeb.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 540x303
It's nice but at the same time not.

It's as conflicting as "Last Man on Earth", but it's about dating instead of you know survival.
>>
File: yki57ho6ffqnjpg-0d7367_1280w.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yki57ho6ffqnjpg-0d7367_1280w.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
It's kinda realistic, except that the protagonist would get chicks of that caliber.

But it shows that 8/10+ women can get away with anything. And it's the most up-to-date show about dating and relationships.
>>
>>68981822

That's disgusting.

Is that supposed to be funny?
>>
>>68981966
I refuse to watch someone that looks that Jewish get girls

get real
>>
>>68982042
The first episode started with a scene of two people having sex and the degeneracy continued from there. If you can make it through the first episode, the subsequent episodes aren't as bad.
>>
>>68982135

They do get girls, they're just not blonde wasp girls.

Buddy of mine who looks like that slays poon all day erryday on JDate.
>>
>>68980866
>>68981966
I'm not even exaggerating, but this guy is like a 3/10 at best. Even Gillian has bigger arms than him.

I bet she could beat the shit out of him.
>>
It's pretty good for Netflix, but watch You're the Worst instead.
>>
File: k.jpg (70 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
70 KB, 720x960
Watched some episodes earlier this week. Pretty much shit.

On a side note, there's a laughable bad scene in it, where the girl throws a tantrum at a boring party saying they should jump on the pool and do crack and shit like they did "the day Elliott Smith died". That's right, Elliott Smith, the dude who stabbed himself TWICE in the chest, because that's how much he wanted to die. The shy guy who plays sad folk shit, was obviously an introvert and got though DreamWorks was folling him down the streets. That's the guy they think is the go-to for millenial hipster SO CRAYZAY shit. Fuck this show.
>>
Continuing in the Woody Allen tradition of creating a fantasy world where limp-dicked, effete Jews manage to land top-tier goyim poon with little effort.

10/10 would be subjected to Jew brainwashing again.
>>
It's even worse than Aziz Ansari's SJW Adventures. Netflix is such trash.
>>
>>68980866
relate so much to this.
I've been the kind guy for my whole life.
Then things started to turn towards me, became a dick, but still upheld my pride in ways I thought was right, which in perspective, is not.
>>
File: Netflix-Chill-Apartment-Airbnb.jpg (73 KB, 983x658) Image search: [Google]
Netflix-Chill-Apartment-Airbnb.jpg
73 KB, 983x658
>>68982524
Yeah most Netflix shows are shit.

Bloodlines and House of Cards are the only real ones. They just churn out so much shit it's hurting their own brand.
>>
>>68982502

kek
>>
>>68982622

Right? "Netflix Original" used to mean something.
>>
>>68982469

I mean, it is sort of fitting that millennial hipsters would, with no sense of the fucking withering irony of it, do something that Elliott Smith would loathe to commemorate his death.

This idea of playing lip service to something while lacking any deeper understanding of it is actually a pretty decent criticism of that generation. I don't think that was actually the show's intention, though.
>>
>>68982730
Lol, did it?
>>
I liked it and it's pretty much what you would expect from a Judd Apatow show.
>>68982622
>it's hurting their own brand
It's hurting them so much they had to raise the price recently. The poor bastards...
>>
>>68982622
>They just churn out so much shit it's hurting their own brand.

I don't know about that. The average quality of a "Netflix Original" is still a lot higher than the quality you find from most television networks.

And the stuff Netflix puts out that's bad is still well-liked by fans. Like the Full House sequel, for example. Retards ate that shit up.
>>
>>68980866

Catastrophe and You're The Worst are better. And Catastrophe also happens to be funny.
>>
Watch it for the nips.
>>
>>68980866
>>68981146
FPBP, as usual

Eat shit OP
>>
File: MTM3Mjg3Nzc2MjYwMzM0NzYx.png (216 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
MTM3Mjg3Nzc2MjYwMzM0NzYx.png
216 KB, 620x349
Gonna give it a go. Maybe Gilly makes it tolerable.
>>
I have given the same answer before in here.

You can try it but it's really not a great show - not even a good one. I have no idea why I watched the whole season.
The absolute worst part of Love is the main character and the show is pretty much focused on him. The guy (Gus if I remember correctly) is probably one of the most annoying persons I have come across in a while, fiction or real life.
He's the definition of beta or a 'nice guy'. Such a whiny little bitch while being a passive-agressive cunt. This is the kind of guy even pacifist hippies would like to beat up.

My god he is ugly too - the actor's looks match perfectly to the character he's portraying. However, this is not stopping multiple women, one of them very good looking too, just suddenly falling for this little fuck in the show.
What is actually funny - unlike this show - is looking up the creators. Oh, the guy playing the main character happens to be one of the creators and a writer on this show. He's literally doing some weird power fantasy self-insert shit in this.
>>
>>68980866
I watched it and the main character is cringe worthy to try to portray the "nice guy" trope who dates a wreck because shes hot. The toxic relatioship was cool to watch but it was kinda forced humor. Well i did get a few chuckles but apatow nissed the mark with this for sure
>>
>>68981804
The funny thing it was supposed to tear down the free spirit trope because she's a wreck in life and an addict/drunkard.
But she got a pass by critics which i dound funny.
>>
>>68984149
but they subverted it and showed how shitty he is and how that idea is terrible
>>
>>68983142
No it's not, Netflix produces more trash faster than even major networks, and nothing of note for years.
>>
>>68984231
She wasn't ment to get a pass though. It's supposed to show she is shitty also and not just him.
I do feel bad at the end of the season for gus.
>>
>>68983498
This. Never have I watched a show with such an unlikable protagonist. Aside from that I think I kept watching because I liked the world they were creating and the setting and supporting characters were kinda good, but holy fuck Gus has literally 0 redeeming features.
>>
New no no's. If I ever have to watch this whole show I'm gonna kill myself.
>>
>>68981660
my thoughts exactly
>>
I tried watching this because I like the chick but that fucking dork in the OP pic made me instantly turn it off.
>>
>>68980866
don't waste your time
>>
i watched the first episode.

garbage shit for YA americunts.
>>
>>68982622
Narcos is in the same level of House of Cards and Bloodline tb.h familia
>>
>>68982502
I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter
>>
It was fun to watch the 30-year old dweeb become an alpha.
>>
Its my guilty pleasure
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.