[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Cg-ZNquU0AANuRY.jpg (96 KB, 600x869) Image search: [Google]
Cg-ZNquU0AANuRY.jpg
96 KB, 600x869
Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf

Thoughts?
>>
Probably one of the stupidest looking for things I have ever seen.
>>
Cautiously optimistic.

I'll definitely watch it. I hope they find a way to capture the dark humor from the books.
>>
File: 1461788638411.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1461788638411.png
7 KB, 420x420
>>68977293
JUST one thought
>>
I was starting to get worried they wouldn't get the tone right when I saw the new logo, but this new set photo has completely made me optimistic again.

I REALLY hope that trailer from last year was real. It got everything right.
>>
Bumping this thread again
>>
>>68977293
Too young looking
>>
So /tv/, which qteen is gonna play Violet
>>
i am olaffin
>>
>>68979175
Trailer? Any links?
>>
I really hope they get the rape scene right, when Olaf fucks Violet in front of her siblings.
>>
>>68977293
As long as he doesn't mimic Carrey and his over the top performance.
Olaf was more menacing and sly; not a fucking Ace Ventura spaz.
>>
>>68981402
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xer4VCa5-tg

Rumors are that its fake but I am still confident
>>
>>68981650
>menacing and sly
I thought the running gag with him was that he was always insanely over-the-top and outrageous with his schemes and disguises, but nobody ever saw through them except the triplets.
>>
>>68983069
Yea in the movie.

He was much more subtle in the book.
>>
>>68983126
No in the books too. I distinctly remember Olaf acting like a complete idiot and everyone buying into it without question.
Only towards the 12th book did things actually take a darker turn with Olaf.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etuBB-pn9HY

If there is one thing that the movie did right, it was the fucking soundtrack.

I really hope they get the same guy to compose, or hell, even reuse the same tracks.

This one specifically strikes the tone of the books so well, I wouldn't mind if they used it for even the intro.
>>
>>68983308
why oh why would a character that is greedy act over the top that is stupid
>>
File: 123door.jpg (24 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
123door.jpg
24 KB, 499x499
I take it that head piece is the first unfortunate event.
>>
>>68983381
Children's books. It was at least partially for comedic effect. Either way though, he got way more sinister and subtle as the books went on, iirc

>>68983353
Agreed. But it's probably not happening. That seems like way too much of a long shot to legitimately hope for.
>>
>>68982964
way too well done to be fake
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.