[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sequel focusing on the repercussions of the avengers and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 950x534
>sequel focusing on the repercussions of the avengers and all the damage they've caused
>completely ignore the sentient being with a magic lemon in his head they created
>>
I love this meme but could you please replace sentient with sapient?
>>
>>68976405
>sentient being with a magic lemon in his head talks about how irresponsible displays of power can scare the common people
>destroys a tower control for no altruist purpose except blocking a hangar
>shoots a partner in midflight
>>
Why are there so many capeshit threads?

Are we in the Age of Shills now?
>>
>>68976405
He will be a major character in Infinity War. Mark my words.
>>
>>68976850
I just enjoy mocking films in popular culture senpai
>>
>>68976853
Of course, one of the gems is on his forehead
>>
>>68976853
bold prediction my friend
>>
>probably the most OP of all the characters
>literally disappears for 10 minutes in the airport scene.
Was there any reason for this? Scarlett witch intervenes in the very first 2 battles
>>
>>68976761
Was he trying to kill the winged black man? Because if he hit him he would of fell to his death
>>
>>68977299
Can't blame him. The black winged man has been wanting to eat watermelon man for a while
>>
>>68976405
was his hairline modeled after superman?
>>
>>68977193
because if he used all of the mind gem's power he'd end the war before it began.
>>
I think the movie heavily implied this being was starting to grow weaker or more humane? Even Ironman remarks how it was possible for him to be distracted...
Also he went from being apparently omnisapient to being confused about his very origin and purpose.
>>
>>68977396
He was never in danger of killing the Falcon, because he enjoys the proportional strength and heightened senses of a falcon, which apparently include the ability to sense a laser being prepped to fire.
>>
File: Elizabeth-Olsen-Set-Photos-15.jpg (117 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth-Olsen-Set-Photos-15.jpg
117 KB, 1000x750
>>68977769
>how it was possible for him to be distracted
i wonder...
>>
Why did a magic robot give himself a cape?
>>
File: hawkeye 11 arrows.jpg (52 KB, 446x502) Image search: [Google]
hawkeye 11 arrows.jpg
52 KB, 446x502
>>68977918
Capes are awesome.
Or alternatively he's a gay magic robot.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQa_vjHVSEk
>Vision's scenes summed up for the first half of the film
>>
>>68976853
Well, no shit.
>>
>>68976853

He does have the magic lemon implanted in his head afterall my dude
>>
>>68976405
he a good boy
he dindu nuffin
>>
>>68977918
He saw Thor's cape and thought it was dope.
>>
>>68977193
Which*
>>
>>68977119
>>68977139
>>68978197
>>68979131
Stop bullying me
>>
>realistic potrayal of tony stark gradually building a suit and learning his powers
>now
>lol a magic all powerful cape man
>>
>>68981096
shut up nerd
>>
>>68976405
>sentient being with a magic lemon in his head talks about how irresponsible displays of power can scare the common people
>acts like an abusive husband to Wanda.
>>
Did anyone else think it was cheap showing the Vision picking up Mjolnir as a shortcut to displaying his nobility?
>>
>>68978077
Based Renner
>>
>>68977193
Because script
>>
This will sound horrible

But Vision was much too comic booky a character to adapt. When Marvel is putting out talking racoons and trees, you might say what the fuck you talking about?

Just watch Civil War and see how little narrative function Vision serves as a character

Thor opened up new worlds of both magic and space travel. Guardians set the setting for cosmic and Earth's collision. Vision is just ....there

Waiting for the stone in his head to be ripped out by Thanos
>>
>>68982163
That's the sad part - he should have huge impact, but it's a cartoon with living actors. None of the MCU films dwell on the impact that characters like them would have on the world. That's fine, really, because that's not what they're trying to do, but it does make for rather superficial treatment of the characters.
>>
Just watched this movie
It was shit. SHIT!!!
>>
>>68977299
he was told to aim for the thruster to make Falcon a glider instead of a flyer

also we know Falcon at least packs a parachute
>>
>>68981929
Thank whedon for using quips as a subsitute for character development
>>
>>68981929
Yes, mainly because they broke his nobility in CW. He didn't even try to help warmachine after he hit him. Instead he was distracted by Wanda's tits.
>>
>>68983133
For that matter, the Vision can fly, so why didn't the super-intelligent android fly after the Falcon so he could at least attack from an angle that didn't risk a friendly fire casualty? If this buffoon's worthy of the power of Thor, who isn't?
>>
>>68983431
he wants to fuck a mentally damaged teenager. Did you not watched the movie?
>>
>>68982783

yea but it wasn't was it lol
>>
>>68984033
Not yet, no.
>>
>>68977769
It's lazy characterization, does Comicbook Vision have doubts about his humanity?
>>
>>68976405

>Ignore
>Vision actively working WITH them

Try again.
>>
Will Thanos just pull infinity gem out of his head during Infinity War?
>>
>>68982990
But... Can't he teleport? I've seen him do it. Considering his aim is so bad, why was he confident in his ability to hit a specific part of the plane? If you argument is that black man got in the way, need I remind you that a plane isn't stationary and is at the will of the pilot. His blast just as easily could have incinerated the entire plane, killing all on board.
>>
>>68985313
>>68985766
>>68983431
All these. It's stupid, lazy, and the crew cynically predicted that most people wouldn't even stop to question how contrived it was.

Sadly, they were right.
>>
>>68985766
He was helping Wanda
>>
>>68983431
I'm not sure the Vision can fly that fast.
Not that it matters, it was still dumb.
>>
>>68986566
In Age of Ultron. they show him hurled at a window by Thor and just stopping like it's nothing. He's also flying around at at least Warmachine's speed throughout that final battle in Sokovia, too.
>>
how can anyone take seriously the whole
>the avengers have caused so much damage!
bullshit when you consider what would've happened if they had NOT been there.

Avenger 1: aliens take over the entire world
Avengers 2: Ultron destroys all life on earth
Cap 2: those ships target and kill everyone that opposes hydra
Thor 2: the entire universe is basically destroyed

they weren't the ones causing the damage, they were stopping it.

Thor 1 is the only one you could make an argument about by basically saying if odin hadn't sent thor here then maybe loki would've left us alone
>>
>>68988290
Except if it hadn't been for Tony, there wouldn't have been an Ultron.
>>
>>68988704
And if Thor hadn't been so busy perfecting his bro-ness for thousands of years instead of focusing on not being an arrogant, war-mongering, glory-seeking douchebag for thousands of years, he'd have never been banished to earth and set up the stage for Loki to get up to all his shenanigans.
>>
>>68985913
Nah. We're just discussing sloppily so everything looks worse when (poorly) deconstructed.

There's definitely something going on with Vision, all these 'flaws' are going to be crucial for the next Avengers movie.
It's basically the same foreshadowing that took Ironman from being a snarky player to an insecure emotional mess.

>>68985647
It's almost guaranteed, pretty much by the end of the first part, just like Harry Potter 7, when Voldemort gets the Elder wand from the grave.... I'm sure of it.

>>68983325
Kek
>>
File: 1468523656.png (296 KB, 587x423) Image search: [Google]
1468523656.png
296 KB, 587x423
>>68985313
No, but he has a boner for Scarlet Witch.
>>
>>68989336
>There's definitely something going on with Vision, all these 'flaws' are going to be crucial for the next Avengers movie.

That's the problem, though. If he had these flaws, didn't he already have them in AoU? If he did, how could he have ever wielded Mjolnir?
>>
>>68977884
Ayyyyyyyy
>>
>>68989920
Not really. He's basically an operating system... Compare how smooth and snappy a brand new laptop works, and then the slugfest crappy turd it becomes three years later.
>>
>>68977884
I like the way her boobs
>>
File: 1457808964580.jpg (203 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
1457808964580.jpg
203 KB, 1000x666
>>68990616
They are nice.
>>
>>68977193
Stay mad dcuck
>>
>>68990608
Not once he made it into Ultron's body he wasn't. That was the whole point of why Wanda went from not being able to read Ultron as a robot but was able to read him once he started downloading into the Vision's brain. He's no more an operating system than any other being at that point.
>>
>>68983431
Watch the movie, then comment about things that are clearly explained in said movie.
>>
>>68977193
forced plot holes are the worst
>>
>>68991248
So they clearly explain how a super-intelligent being doesn't allow for the possibility he can hit a friendly by choosing a different trajectory and how a man with no special abilities at all can not only "sense" a beam weapon prepping to fire from hundreds of feet away can also dodge something traveling at the speed of light?

How much exposition do they devote to that, exactly?
>>
I'm hoping it's a matter that he can't contain the power of the Mind Stone/Gem compounded with his infancy.

He's already able to keep an Infinity Stone in his possession since AoU and has proven Worthy to lift Myolnir. The only thing left is for Thanos to curb-stomp him for the gem.

This typically shows Thanos' jobbing power in classic typical villain trappings and won't matter much since Vision can be rebuilt by Vibranium-land magical cancer-cure Wakanda since it has been established as of Civil War.
>>
File: frodo.png (214 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214 KB, 400x399
>>68977299
>why didn't he just shoot down the plane?
>>
>>68982163
>>68982762
The really sad thing is it's a waste of Paul Bettany. He's such a good actor he managed to make the trainwreck that was Age of Ultron watchable by his mere presence. The very best part of that film is his conversation with Ultron at the end of the movie, not because it's particularly well-written or meaningful, but because his delivery is incredible.

They really, REALLY need to give him something to do in these films other than just sort of exist.
>>
>>68982163
>>68982762
>>68991827
Tbh I do agree: Vision is out of place in the whole of the Civil War. And perhaps the MCU. Its like he existed only to serve as a foil to Wanda, who literally is the most powerful Avenger on either side, and also because "muh comics".

So much could be done with the Vision. And at the same time, he's capable of shit the other Avengers aren't.
>>
>>68991601
A couple of minutes, when Vision says to Ironman that he was distracted. Obviously referring to the multiple scenes of him hitting on Wanda, including the one mid-battle, when he took the shot.
>>
>>68992144
I think the problem with Vision is the same with Hulk or Thor. You can't expect them to work alongside Hawkeye or Black Widow. Even Cap is a stretch. Those guys are too powerful to fight with or alongside humans.
>>
>>68992223
So just as bad as I feared, in other words.
>>
>>68988290
The thing you have to remember is that, in Marvel, people don't worship superheroes like they do in DC comics. And one of the best comments I saw in Civil War was this: they don't save lives because they have to, they do so because it makes them look good.

Which is BS, but at the same time, its enough to make the msot insecure of superheroes want to become government puppies.
>>
>>68976761
Vision's mistake basically shows him that he's more human than what he thinks he is and can make mistakes.

>S-shoot the flying black man? L-let's see... this one? Oh shit. wrong dude! Maybe this means I'm not perfect and I should stop taking the high moral ground like a faggot.
Pretty much what happened.
>>
File: 1456055979484.jpg (38 KB, 634x634) Image search: [Google]
1456055979484.jpg
38 KB, 634x634
>>68992731
this.
>>
>>68992731
What? There was no confusion with the shot. He aimed and shot at Falcon, who was chasing Ironman and Warmachine. Falcon dodged the shot and it grazed Warmachine on the power center. It wasn't even a direct hit.
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 106x160) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 106x160
ITT: God-tier tv shows
Gotta give some love to Oz
>>
>>68993076
He made a miscalculation. He missed.
>>
>>68993167
U wot m8?
>>
>>68993076
>Falcon dodged the shot

Because he now has the proportional senses and agility of a human-sized falcon, right? When someone fires a laser at you, it's already too late to dodge.
>>
>>68977825
not sure about the falcons wings? are they stark tech or shield tech? if so id imagine they have some sort of onboard system that warns of incoming fire.
>>
>>68993240
I think you're missing the part where lasers in movies don't travel at the speed of light, because they're not actually lasers. They're directed energy weapons (DEW).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed-energy_weapon
>>
>>68993632
What's light made of again?

DEWs are just the broader category. They all propagate at light speed, as they're all electromagnetic energy.
>>
>>68993240

>expecting physics to hold up in capeshit
>>
>>68992144
At least they don't have to strip his powers or send him off on a solo quest to take him out of the picture because if he was there he'd just oneshot everything like Thor
>>
>>68981929
well, it was lightining from the hammer that gave him life...
>>
>>68977193
The reason is because he's obviously OP as fuck.

His only option is instantly killing everyone with death rays, so he does nothing most of the fight.
>>
>>68982163
How is Vision too OP but Hulk not?
>>
>>68995482
Vision can phase through solids. He also has a laser ray.
>>
Vision is so OP I think he's the first guy Thanos is gonna dick into oblivion when Avengers 3 happens. Then Starks gets killed at the end for more emotional impact.
>>
>>68996872
Scarlet Witch will.
Thanos will kill Vision since he has a gem on his forehead.
>>
>>68996941
Please no. She's the only reason I watch these shit.
>>
>>68996974
No, I mean that Scarlet Witch will be the one who pushes Thanos' shit in.
Vision will kick the bucket and she'll go full retard.
>>
Haven't seen the film yet but also:

>sequel focusing on the repercussions of the avengers and all the damage they've caused
>completely ignores the global outbreak of extraterrestrial terrigenesis creating new powered people every day
>completely ignores the publicly known government agency known as the ATCU even though it's for all intents and purposes, SHIELD's replacement
>completely ignores all the powered people in hell's kitchen and harlem
>>
>>68997313
>implying the shows matter
>>
>>68997382
Alright then. Implying Vision matters. Wow that was easy. Perfect!
>>
>>68997434
It's a fact the MCU completely ignores the shows.
You'll see the movies affect them, but never the opposite.
>>
>>68977193
Does he do one of those weird moves characters like him and that creepy Teen Titans goth chick do, where they just levitate over the battle and over see everything till they make their move?
>>
>>68997461
Yeah. That's what I'm saying, bruv. Those are completely valid points against this otherwise good movie. The fact that this film is reactionary to the rest of the MCU, makes it even more sad. This was a perfect opportunity for some simple name dropping at the very least.
>>
who was the stunts director
the stunts were great
>>
>>68976853
woah, man that might be true... fucking saved bro
>>
My only complain is that how the fuck Falcon know the laser was coming.

Like, he look back and then dodge, what the hell?
>>
>>68998085
Redwing? He had some budget JARVIS/FRIDAY like AI/VI in his gear
>>
>>68997562
>hey did you hear about that girl who unbeknownst to everyone including me snapped a serial rapists neck with super strength? Or how about that guy who got shot in the head but shrugged it off after a few days sleeping in a bed in a random apartment somewhere? Or about that guy who made a fat guy go to jail?
>>
>>68998396
If any of you fuckers had actually watched Jessica Jones, you'd know there are a countless number of witnesses to his and her strength and Purple Man's escapades.
>>
>>68998470
To be fair her strength was inconsistent as all fuck. And at its peak it looked at most like a wwf guy being thrown over the rope in a royal rumble
>>
>>68998558
That's fine. Let's pretend my point about JJ being unnoticed in the universe is valid. Let's just focus on the fact that Civil War is about making powered people accountable for their actions why a global outbreak of alien powers are emerging in people.
>>
>>68976741

they didn't make him human. Sentient although unneccessary would be more correct than sapient in this case.

Another word would be better used to describe it.
>>
>>68998558
>>68998619
And if you think about it, Daisy should be an Avenger. She's more powerful than Black Widow, Falcon, and Hawkeye.
>>
>>68998619
It's basic human nature to miss the point entirely.
It's also much more easy to assign the blame to someone else.
Avengers was the perfect scapegoat for the government(s) and also a coveted asset to do their agendas.

That was the best part of the film, because it's something that could totally happen in today's world.
>>
>>68993240
he clearly dogded...
>>
>>68977193
Because he's in love.
>>
>>68997313
>powered people in hells kitchen

daredevil superpower is that he can SEE

punisher is a guy with a gun and they take down street thugs

they are not powered people
>>
>>68999301
Yes. I know he dodged.

A baseline human with no visible warning of any kind intuited and dodged the firing of a laser.

Let that sink in.
>>
>>68992831
I want to be that pig
>>
>>68999511
tony/rhodey/falcon/hawkeye/BW are just people in suits/gadgetry and yet they count for powered people.
>>
>>68999511
>daredevil superpower is that he can SEE

First of all, I was referring mostly to Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Secondly, Daredevil literally has super-hearing. That's a power Superman has, faggot. He also has super-olfactory senses so he can smell what a person ate for breakfast yesterday and is a literal human lie detector.
>>
>>68976405
>Says The Avengers started the super human Arms Race.
>Not Hydra which is shown in the first CA film.

Why can't the writers remember anything?
>>
>>68999597
This. If Hawkeye and the Widow qualify, where's Matt's spot on the team? And we've seen Cap acting in a paramilitary capacity alongside SHIELD and the Widow. Why isn't Frank working for them?
>>
>>68999672
Frank I can straight up understand they would refuse to work with or have huge reservations against it, but matt is straight up gifted in the senses he gained or got heightened massively when he lost his eyesight
>>
>>68999672
Aren't Widow and Hawkeye trained super spies?
>>
>>68999829
Exactly. Makes no sense why they'd be on the front lines with Iron Man with a camera swirling around them.
>>
>>68999829
And Matt can hear you sweating and track people across cities like a bloodhound. Tell me that isn't useful.
>>
Vision will have a pivotal role in the Infinity Wars. Screencap this.
>>
File: this.png (267 B, 31x15) Image search: [Google]
this.png
267 B, 31x15
>>69000028
>>
>>69000028
>>
>>68998625
>thinks he knows the difference
hes SAPIENT, you imbecile. being sentient is an achievement for robots, but he is sapient. as in, not only does he recognize that hes alive, he has complex thoughts and feelings and can act upon them like a real human bean
>>
>>69000224
that's not what either of those words mean
>>
>>68993076
this bothers me because NO ONE is asking the obvious question.

if vision felt bad for crippling war machine, how would he feel about MURDERING falcon?

falcon dodged the shot, and it destroyed war machine and tore through his armor. it fucked him up good. falcon wasnt wearing much but a bullet proof chest piece. that blast wouldve killed him. it wouldve straight up killed him. straight through him like paper it wouldve torn.

so why isnt anyone talking about this?
>>
>>69000376
I've been saying for days.
Vision is an asshole in the movie.
>>
>>69000336
>sentient: is alive. can feel. applicable to most living organisms
>sapient: can make choices and decisions. capable of thought. applicable to mainly homo SAPIENS and some other apes
>>
>>69000376
Wasn't he just shooting to take out Falcon's energy pack? It would have ended in Falcon just gliding down.

When Rhodey's battery got blasted, he had no gliding option. He was fucked
>>
>>69000376
Tony ordered it
>>
>>68981929
No, that's showing not telling. That's good story telling.
>>
This movie shouldn't have been made in the first place.

>No Fantastic Four to showcase how the conflict divides them
>Spiderman doesn't reveal his identity to the public and then suffer the consequences that causes him to switch sides
>Thor not showing up to kick Tony's ass
>Captain America doesn't die so that Bucky can replace him
>Daredevil doesn't show up even if he was part of the war in the comics
>Captain America doesn't hijack a Jet to escape arrest and then takes the pilot to a restaurant

Not to mention that one of the things that sparked the Civil War in the comics was the excess of wannabe superheroes that lacked experience or ethical principles (As showcased by the reality show incident at the beginning)
>>
>>69001912
Tbh I may be the only one but I'm actually happy that Marvel doesn't have the rights to most of those characters because I think they fucking suck. Especially the F4.

Not having them, and not having the X-men, forced Marvel to give their best to Ironman and the rest and actually create something unique. Otherwise the MCU would never have come to exist.
>>
>>69001912
Basically it's not like in the comics.
Which is great because every single thing that happened in comic Civil War as a goddamn disgrace.
>>
>maybe 400 people die
>literally worse than the holocaust, better register all superdupers
>>
>>68999667
That's not what they said, silly twat.. They said that it was up until the Avengers that the growth of that kind of incidents grew exponentially.

The movie basically confirms this with Tony's parents accident footage. In the 90s, the supersoldiers were used for petty missions like that one. They might as well have shown them picking up Hydra's drycleaning and running errands.
>>
in the context of the world that Avengers live in, a robot with emotions isnt a problem.
they have had an alien invasion
a hulk rampaging
Thor and his brother from a different world altogether.

no one gives a shit about a robot
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.