[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>currently watching Naked Lunch is the entire movie about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: naked lunch mugwump.jpg (101 KB, 718x405) Image search: [Google]
naked lunch mugwump.jpg
101 KB, 718x405
>currently watching Naked Lunch
is the entire movie about drugs altering reality and addiction, or is there a much deeper meaning?
>>
>>68975299
I'm sure there is but fuck if I know.
>>
>>68975299
that with tons of gay shit mixed in
>>
>>68975299
true story brah
>>
>>68975299
Supposedly it's about him dealing with his repressed faggotry.
>>
>>68975299
No that's pretty much it
>>
It's about faggots and buttholes. The body horror gay sex scene made me physically ill.
>>
its about coping with the shooting death of your wife, spoiler alert you shot her.
>>
The novel is about authority, control, and addiction
Cronenberg's movie is decidedly about homosexuality
>>
>>68975299
I think there's some cucking involved
>>
>>68976532
The novel is also about homosexuality
>>
>>68975299
I'm guessing you never heard of William S Burroughs? He killed his wife, fled to Tangier where he did tons of drugs and fucked little brown boys and in his psychotic deranged drugged out state he wrote Naked Lunch in a stream of consciousness style

and then Cronenberg tried to make a movie out of it
>>
>>68980048
source?
Thats pretty wild.
>>
>>68980078
what the fuck do you mean "source?" that's literally what happened in his actual life you fucking retard.
>>
>>68980078
I've watched documentaries about it and you can read about most of it on Wikipedia. Anthony Bourdain's episode on Tangier talks a lot about it too (that's where I first heard about it)
>>
>>68980048
The movie is supposed to be only loosely based on the book from what I've heard. I've never seen it, one of those movies i've had sitting around for over a year.
>>
>>68980320
That's because the book is pretty much unfilmable. It's a mix of elements from the novel and Burroughs' own life.
>>
>>68980380
That and elements from other of Burrough's novels. He wrote an awful lot of books, a lot of them much better than NL that deal with similar themes in the movies. Essentially his books are about politics, revolution, and a distortion of the mainstream all taking place on the backdrop of an even more distorted hinterland of Lovecraftian horror, mad scientists and high level intrigue with intelligent agents who don't know which side they work for, or who the sides even are anymore, because everyone is so high and the whole mess is so damn complicated that to understand would mean that you really are going over the edge.
>>
>>68975299
Is that Benedict Cumberbatchs first film role?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.