[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good blaxploitation movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
What are some good blaxploitation movies?
>>
Black Dynamite (2009)
Shaq
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Fig_LoBy4
>>
>>68972622
I meant Shaft.
>>
Undercover Brother (2002)
>>
>>68972646
I genuinely enjoy this movie, its a pretty solid remake of Fistful of Dollars and Fred Williamson is always great. Plus that theme song is terrific.
>>
Gay niggers from outer space
>>
Black Belt Jones and Coffy are my favorites
>>
Roots
>>
Petey Wheatstraw, the Devil's Son-in-Law
>>
The Mack
>>
coffy
>>
File: tumblr_mhgewoPGR11qzbwkjo1_500.jpg (58 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhgewoPGR11qzbwkjo1_500.jpg
58 KB, 500x395
Me on the right
>>
>>68972763

You've never seen that flick. Nobody has.

The Human Tornaduhhh!
>>
>>68972682
I think it's more informed by classic "town" westerns but with obvious High Plains Drifter and Blazing Saddles influence. Also for the third act we see some spaghetti western ideas, like the hero being seriously wounded and having to recover before the final showdown and the downer ending.

This film could have been Williamson's big break if they marketed it right. He definitely could have gone mainstream as an actor and a filmmaker. Shame it didn't happen, with higher budgets he could've made some incredible shit.

also Boss Nigger outdoes Django Unchained in every way and makes that film redundant
>>
A Good Man
>>
File: MPW-34943.jpg (67 KB, 450x691) Image search: [Google]
MPW-34943.jpg
67 KB, 450x691
1. Coffy is a great movie

2. Pam Grier gets naked in it and her body is literal perfection. A 10.
>>
WHO THE HELL IS INTERRUPTING MY KUNG FU
>>
12 Years a Slave
>>
Coonskin
Watermelon Man
Don't care much for Sweet Sweetback
Superfly is pretty goddamn cool, it's more serious and was made before the films got more silly. It's like Bad Lieutenant kind of if you ask me

Also most blaxploitation films were made by white producers who wanted to showcase how "cool" and edgy black people were in order to attract that niche market, so many of the films are purposefully ignorant and kind of racist. Not enough actual black artists got to work on these films, so when they did they are real treats. That's why Django Unchained kind of sucks (well one of the reasons), because it's made by a white cuck faggot who worships black people for how cool and exotic he thinks they are. Tarantino handles racial themes much better in Hateful 8 if you ask me but that film is still grievously flawed
>>
>>68972701

Black belt Jones is great. Half the cast are in Live and Let Die which also kind of counts. If they were ever gonna cast a black bond that was the movie to do it.
>>
Black Belt Jones is a fucking amazing film
>>
BATMAN MUTHAFUCKA
>>
Blacula
>>
Pootie Tang
>>
>>68973051

SCRAM. SCRAM! I SAID SPLIT! SHAKE THE SCENE YOU TURKEYS! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! I'll see you all tomorrow.
>>
The Black Gestapo

The two Blacula movies are genuinely great, not just in a le so bad it's goodxD way.
>>
>>68974175
>>68973839
Come on now JD
>>
>>68973936

kek. one of my fav lines.
>>
Mandela
>>
BUT BLACK DYNAMITE. I SELL DRUGS TO THE COMMUNITY!
>>
First 3 replies posted every important one

>>68973883
Fun fact: Louis C.ucK. tries to make everyone forget he ever wrote Pootie Tang.
>>
File: Three The Hard Way 1.jpg (105 KB, 580x821) Image search: [Google]
Three The Hard Way 1.jpg
105 KB, 580x821
>>
>>68973010
Well I'm sorry to hear that. Cause now...
>>
But thats a masterpiece, what a shame
>>
The Guy from Harlem

Lowest budget and most hilarious blaxploitation film I've ever seen
>>
Doughnuts don't wear alligator shoes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rD1OzJVoWY
>>
>>68972579
I'm Gonna Git you Sucka.
>>
>>68972579
Good movies tend not to place too much emphasis on inferior races.
>>
>>68975587
Watch this after all the others.
>>
Jackie Brown
>>
File: PENITENTIARY-3.jpg (3 MB, 1881x1471) Image search: [Google]
PENITENTIARY-3.jpg
3 MB, 1881x1471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJLsrheFig
>>
>>
File: poster-19844.jpg (687 KB, 1941x2947) Image search: [Google]
poster-19844.jpg
687 KB, 1941x2947
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.