[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman v Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: 1457556588758.jpg (593 KB, 810x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457556588758.jpg
593 KB, 810x1200
So now the dust has settled how do you compare Batman v Superman and Civil War

>Plot
Batman v Superman is heavy hands on metaphors and symbolism, the editing hurts the flow of the story.
Overall Civil War has a more coherent and straight-forward storyline.

>Characters
BvS has the benefits of having fewer characters to focus on so both Batman and Superman have more characters than anyone in Civil War. In Civil War only Tony Stark shines.

>Acting
Ben Affleck and Jermey Irons shit on everyone in Civil War, Henry Cavil is on par with Chris Evans

>Visual
BvS is vibrant and impressive to look at, while Civil War takes a more naturalistic approach. It depends on your preference

>Soundtracks
Junkie XS's scores give lives to the characters, the remixed Man of Steel themes gives a nice balance to the bombastic music of Junkie XS.
Civil War doesn't having any soundtracks

What's your opinion?
>>
File: 1442971337418.png (689 KB, 804x876) Image search: [Google]
1442971337418.png
689 KB, 804x876
>>68967464
>Ben Affleck and Jermey Irons shit on everyone in Civil War
>>
I think they're about on par but honestly preferred BvS. It was a chore to get through both but at least the latter had more things going for it not to say it was more sincere.
>>
>>68967464
>In Civil War only Tony Stark shines.
>forgetting about Panther.
>forgetting about Cap.
>forgetting about Spidey
>forgetting about Ants
>forgetting about Zemo
>>
File: Zachary Schneider.jpg (186 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
Zachary Schneider.jpg
186 KB, 667x1000
>>68967464
I wonder who is behind this post
>>
>>68967464
>Civil War doesn't having any soundtracks
Honestly, what the fuck is happening with Jackman? The only song i remembered from this movie was Siberian overture.
>>
>>68967604
>forgetting about Panther
Blandest character.
>forgetting about Cap.
He's fine
>forgetting about Spidey
He's just a walking trailer shoehorned in the movie, he has no character to speak of
>forgetting about Ants
Same as Spider-man
>forgetting about Zemo
Literally who
>>
>>68967517

not OP but they do

overall, I'd say that Civil War is definitely a better made movie. I still don't know why I like BvS more, goddammit

I really enjoyed Civil War but it just felt the same as the previous movies. MCU movies always go the safe route and atm they have just gotten pretty stale
>>
>DCucks are so desperate for their film to have some semblance of success that they edit their hero into the superior film's poster

Kek. Pathetic.
>>
File: batman-v-superman-trailer-002.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
batman-v-superman-trailer-002.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>68967464
>BvS is vibrant and impressive to look at

>vibrant

>exciting; stimulating; lively:
vibrant colors; a vibrant performance.
>>
Reminder that Civil War and BvS were originally scheduled to be released on the same day before WB got scared and backed out. DKEKS BTFO AGAIN.
>>
>BvS is vibrant

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
AHAHA
AH HO HOHO
AND I THOUGHT MY JOKES WERE BAD
>>
>>68967787
>Blandest character.
bland opinion.
>He's just a walking trailer shoehorned in the movie, he has no character to speak of
We can say the same of WW who was a walking trailer presenting other trailers.
>Same as Spider-man
Kek, what?
>Literally who
The guy that had like 6 scenes and proved to be threatening in all of them. Also, he still has the chance to appearin other movies.
>>
>Civil War
>coherent story with character motivations that make sense
>the titular fight between the characters lasts longer than 5 minutes

>BvS
>Muh Martha
>DC trying to fit in as much as possible so they can catch up to Marvel
>>
>>68967799
You like it more because you feel you have to. You don't.
>>
BvS was a super serious superhero movie that took a lot of risks.
Civil war was a popcorn flick that took no risks, despite being called CIVIL WAR. It was extremely funny and almost forgettable.
You can't really compare the movies, they're just too different
>>
>BvS
a mess

>Civil War
a bore

Save us Suicide Squad. Deadpool was terrible and X-Men looks like a tv movie.
>>
>>68968118
>BvS was a super serious superhero movie that took a lot of risks.
It's been three months anon, this meme needs to die.
>>
>>68967464
obvious DCfanboy, far from objectivity
>>
>>68967464
I think Cavil would be a better Superman if WB finally fired Snyder and got literally ANYBODY ELSE to handle things.

This is really the story of everything in BvS. All the pieces were there to make this something fresh to blow Marvel out of the water who have just been coasting since Avengers. But Snyder is a complete hack of a film maker and has no idea what he's doing being adapting things.

That's really his whole shtick. He's very adapt at ripping off comic books and putting them on the screen and translating them well, but everything good about him begins and ends there. Outside of being a terrible filmmaker, he also doesn't understand WHY the things he's adapting are so popular, or why they worked. He just wants to take a bunch of iconic comic book shit from a bunch of different sources and slap it up on screen without any context.
>>
>>68968088
>he forgot about Black Panther and Spidey being in Civil War

I don't blame you.
>>
>>68968191
??
The movie was super serious and it took a lot of risks, i didn't say it was good.
>>
>>68968222
I haven't seen Civil War. But from what I know about all the other Marvel films, they deliver what was promised and I doubt it would be different for Civil War.
However, I have seen BvS and that movie was not good.
>>
ITT: babbie console war "muh marvel hero is better than your dc hero fag"

Fuck off already.
>>
>>68967799
>MCU movies always go the safe route
yeah, making unknown titles to bigscreen is a safe route (GotG, antman, strange)
>>
>>68968320
They promised a movie you'd forget the next day?
>>
>>68968188

Let me get this straight, you thought that those movies were a mess, and bore, terrible and made-for-TV, but you think the saving grace for you will be... Suicide Squad?

I'm genuinely curious what you think is going to come out of it that will make it better than anything you mentioned.
>>
>>68968237
It didn't. It had the same things from MOS and with a fake death scene, when it could have been more interesting seeing the JL trying to fight against Darkseid with Supes dead.
Civil War still feels like an Avengers movie while deconstruction it's structure.
>>
>>68967464
The script was way better in civil war. The conflict didnt feel forced, the transition from allies to enemies felt natural and rational. Both sides had good reasons to fight, as opposed to BvS where the only reason they fought was because batman refused to listen to superman speak for 10 seconds.
>>
>>68967941
>le brand wars are so epic! xD
>>
>>68967464
>>68967517
>>68967523
>>68967694
>>68967787
>>68967799
>>68967873
>>68967936
>>68967941
>>68967966
Civil War and BVS share the same flaws, why the fuck are you still fighting?
>>
>>68968576
Because whereas CW and the entire MCU is the work of genious, films that literally everyone love and critics praise with solid reasons and that make huge amounts of money, MoS and BvS is the work of a retarded manchild and hacks. Everybody now hates Superman and even Batman.
>>
>>68967787
>Spider-Man
>no character to speak of
Did you even watch the film?

Spider-Man is a kid who recently fell into his powers. He learned the hard way that he can't just not use his powers (the best part: they don't explicitly retell the Ben thing, they just hint at it and it's enough for you to know what's going on). He knows he has to do good and he wants to do good.

So he goes in there and he's absolutely starstruck by the superheroes because, again, he's just a kid. He's also a nerd so he's totally amazed by stuff like Falcon's wings (which we see by him rambling on about the technicals on them). He's also a bit immature and jokes around a lot during the fight.

For a character that is just in a brief part of the movie, they do a ton of characterization with him. I'd say he's easily a more fleshed out character than either Superman or Batman in BvS, and he's not in the film that much.
>>
>>68967464
>In Civil War only Tony Stark shines.
>Henry Cavil is on par with Chris Evans
>BvS is vibrant
These are the major lies that give you away.
>>
>>68967464
there's only one winner....
>>
File: Decidedly.png (634 KB, 820x827) Image search: [Google]
Decidedly.png
634 KB, 820x827
>>
>>68967523

If I had to rewatch either Civil war or B v S it would be B v S hands down. If it was the 3hr B v S cut I would see it tomorrow.
>>
>>68969416
Person who replies to you after me is going to tell you to stop liking what he doesn't like.
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>68969416
>>
>>68969416
Please like what I like.
>>
>>68969416
Kittens
>>
>>68969416
>>68969474
Told ya
>>
>>68969416
>>68969474
>samefag
>>
>>68969533
Shit, I was too late>>68969529
>>
>>68969562
Faggotry works too fast I'm afraid.
>>
Civil war was more entertaining but BVS was more kino.

Fight me.
>>
>>68969877
Stay down, fair warning.
>>
>>68970853
I could do this all day.
>>
>>68967464
BvS was better in every aspect.

Tony Stark was a pleasant surprise in Civil War, but he can't carry the movie by himself.
>>
File: 1461107889493[1].jpg (3 MB, 3943x3174) Image search: [Google]
1461107889493[1].jpg
3 MB, 3943x3174
>>68926032
>>68926142
>>68926193
>>68926240
>>68926294
>>68926340
>>68926395
>>68926431
>>68926481
>A reading from the Acts of Man of Steel
>Scene 2:13: Selected passages

>3 And I heard a loud voice from the cinema saying, "Look! Snyder's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and Snyder himself will be with them and be their saviour.

>4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more repetitive or safe or cheap comedy or quips, for the old order of Marvel movies has passed away."

>13 And so they hated him, and persecuted him. The critics crucified him and threw rotten tomatoes at him.

>14 But he persevered and gained strength from the audience, and so we will persevere.

>15 And he stands by the right side of the spirit of Kino, and draws inspiration from it, and so will his followers.

>22 During the filming of the port battle at Batman v Superman, Snyder was found wandering along the port.

>23 In one of such instances he walked on water while carrying an IMAX camera on one hand, which greatly terrified his cast and crew at that time.

>24 Affleck, out of fear, shouted "Snyder, if it is you, tell me to come to the water!"

>25 "Come". Snyder said.

>26 Affleck stepped on the water and walked for a few feet but then sank. He cried out "Snyder, hast thou forsaken me? Save me, oh dear brother!"

>27 Immediately Snyder reached out his hand and caught him.

>28 Snyder exclaimed, "Bin Muhammad Afflecki, why did you doubt?"

>29 And so the heretic one vowed to spread the word.
>>
File: 4219427_700b.jpg (59 KB, 361x686) Image search: [Google]
4219427_700b.jpg
59 KB, 361x686
>>68967464

>>Plot
>>Overall Civil War has a more coherent and straight-forward storyline.
Pretty much this

>>Characters
>>BvS has the benefits of having fewer characters to focus on so both Batman and Superman have more characters than anyone in Civil War. In Civil War only Tony Stark shines.

Fuck off. Everyone shines in Civil War. Even Spiderman, who had only 30 minutes. Spidey comes off as the victim of Tony trying to find a way to put Cap & crew in check. Everyone got a decent exploration in the movie, even Zemo, who sort of reminds me of Ennis's The Boys.

>>Acting
Fuck off again - everyone in Civil War was better than BvS. Except yes, Jeremy Irons and Ben Affleck, but thats like two actors against everyone else.

>>Soundtracks
Both have forgettable soundtracks so shaddup.

Anyway

Civil War takes in. 9/10, finest capekino, while BvS is 4/10 dawgshit. Entertaining dogshit, but stil shiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>68971208
Butthurt mcuck detected
>>
>>68971208
This level of marvelcuckery makes me ashamed to like marvel.
>>
>Ben Affleck and Jermey Irons shit on everyone in Civil War
Ben is basically one of the worst actors of all time. He can't act for shit. When he does, he OVERACTS. He was so wooden in BvS, I actually wanted to put him on fire.

Irons didn't even try. He just didn't feel like he wanted to be there. William Hurt, Bruhl and RDJ shat on both of them. Big time.

Not to mention symbolism in BvS was laughable. Allegories for characters didn't even match in terms of presence of the context. Fucking Lois is Mary? Batman is Jesus (then Saint John?)? Superman, one of the most flawed characters in the universe is Jesus? Nigga please.
>>
File: 1434149122702.jpg (16 KB, 380x375) Image search: [Google]
1434149122702.jpg
16 KB, 380x375
>>68972882
>>
>>68971208
I refuse to believe there are people like you on 4chan. You have to baiting. Or paid shill.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.