[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: dredd-poster-big.jpg (644 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
dredd-poster-big.jpg
644 KB, 733x1100
Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's failure?

Can't people just admit that they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time?
>>
>>68958891

Dredd failed because its target audience are all movie pirates so they all downloaded it.

stupid fuckers.
>>
>>68959058
this tbqh
>>
>>68959058
>yfw people still fall for the "I can just pirate it, I won't pay!" meme
>>
dredd failed because
>ITS HUNDREDS OF YEARS IN THE FUTURE
>ALL OF HUMANITY IS IN A FUCKING HUGE CITY
>THERE'S ALSO A HUGE WASTELAND OVER THERE FILLED WITH GOD KNOW'S WHAT
>GOT ALL THAT?
>okay here's two hours in cramped hallways.
>>
Why do you make this thread everyday? Is it supposed to be funny and try to force a meme out of it? I honestly don't understand?
>>
>>68960141
You'll notice a strong link between people who use the term "capeshit" unironically and autism.
>>
>>68958891
there was literally no marketing for dredd

not to mention no one has nostalgia for the previous dredd, so they couldn't cash in on it being a reboot.

Dredd comics was never as popular in america, so they can't cash in on adaptation

Dredd has nothing going for it market wise. also because the movie takes place inside a small narrow setting, and not a giant dystopian world, they can barely cash in on visuals and stuff like that seeing how the "stunning" visuals in the movie are really only two or three shots of mega city 1.

the movie was good tho, yes is do blame marketing.
>>
>>68958891
>they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time

Then why are current capeshits successful?
>>
>>68958891
>Can't people just admit that they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time?

Dredd isn't capeshit, and even if it was it came out in 2012 when capeshit was at it's peak.

It failed because the Stallone movie was still fresh in people's minds.
>>
>>68960160

t. capeshit fan
>>
This is the third fucking time I've seen this thread this week.
>>
I like the setting. First one kind of sucked, but I was a kid so I enjoyed it. This one was definitely better.
>>
>>68960201
calling the movie 'Dredd 3D' wasn't the best move either.
>>
>>68960413

He's a persistent one

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/dredd-poster-big.jpg/
>>
>>68958891
This thread again? Why are you shilling this film faggot? Are you preparing the masses for a sequel? Is this your way of marinating their minds before the movies anouncement
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.