[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was unbelievably boring. What the hell were the Coens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: serveimage.jpg (680 KB, 2025x3000) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
680 KB, 2025x3000
This movie was unbelievably boring. What the hell were the Coens thinking? It makes Burn look like a fucking laugh riot. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 1456115865872.jpg (27 KB, 494x370) Image search: [Google]
1456115865872.jpg
27 KB, 494x370
>implying Burn was bad
>>
File: le newspaper grandpa.jpg (763 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
le newspaper grandpa.jpg
763 KB, 1280x850
>>68939727
>OP is a gay communist
>>
>>68939727
Burn IS a laugh riot.
>>
>sincere, well-crafted film
>huh durr this is boring
>>
>>68939775
I didn't imply that, but it wasn't a laugh riot.
>>
>>68939920
Its shit rating of 6.7 on IMDB really confirms my feelings though. Your move.
>>
>>68939986
>using internet ratings to shape your opinions on things
I don't mean to say the movie is phenomenal, but it is good and was made with purpose and effort. It's dismissive to just call it boring because it didn't deliver its narrative points at a traditional pace.
>>
>>68940110
>but it is good and was made with purpose and effort.

It can be well made and still boring as fuck, you retard. BvS was also well made.

The problem with HC is that it's a collection of unfunny elongated scenes that serve no purpose. There is almost no plot. Many of the scenes are boring as fuck, especially the singing parts.

My point is the movie is vastly inferior to Burn and even Burn wasn't great, it was just okay.
>>
Here's a question that will quickly solve your problem, OP.

Do you like old Hollywood films between the 30s to 50s?

Have you watched plenty old Hollywood films between the 30s to 50s?

If you answered no to either of these questions, you will not appreciate Hail Caesar to its full effect.
>>
>>68940181
>If you answered no to either of these questions, you will not appreciate Hail Caesar to its full effect.

That's great for the 20 people on this earth still alive who can say that about themselves.

Take that stick out of your ass.

30s cinema was fucking shit. Shit.
>>
>>68940168
>not being delighted with the Coens taking advantage of the filmic form to try to deliver movie magic
>wanting a plot
How plebian can you be?
>>
>>68940240
Shut the fuck up and go back to Baneposting.
>>
>>68940207
That's exactly what I thought.

I think you should stick to modern comic book movies, or perhaps continue going through the IMDB top 250 so you can feel superior to most other movie watchers.
>>
why did anyone even go see it, just the coens' reputation?
>>
>>68940299
>>68940926
You better cool your head before it catches on fire, son.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.