[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MCU after Dr Strange
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14
File: Dr_Strange-736878722-large.jpg (170 KB, 809x1200) Image search: [Google]
Dr_Strange-736878722-large.jpg
170 KB, 809x1200
Prepare for unbelievable amounts of plot twist gimmicky bull after this.

Rabbit-outta-hat type shit.

>"OMG IRONMAN IS DEAD!"

Dr. Strange: LOL NO, HOKUS POKUS!!!
>>
>>68934602

>nothing happens
>boring action
>dumb characters
>boring script
>bad cgi
>couldn't decide which storylines to follow
>predictable plot
>lackluster acting
>no emotions
>forgettable premise
>lazy plot devices
>stolen ideas
>overstuffed plot
>dumb audience
>confusing editing
>laughed at how terrible the music was
>sound effects were cheap
>scenes were fake looking
>shower was broken at theater.
>10/10 would meme again
>>
Why do Marvel's posters always suck dick?
>>
>>68934602
you know with enough sherlock and star trek fans its gunna bring money.

but it looks like itll be trippy :D
>>
>>68934675
you want them to look like star trek romance novel covers? random shaped big heads with plot devices scattered about.

i like how simple and to point it is.
>>
File: doctor-strange-cumberbatch.jpg (44 KB, 570x404) Image search: [Google]
doctor-strange-cumberbatch.jpg
44 KB, 570x404
JUST how powerful is Dr. Strange?

Also can he bring the dead back to life like OP implies or what?
>>
>>68934866
He's outrageously OP, and can absolutely bring people back from the dead so expect nobody to ever actually die from their on.
>>
>>68934602
>11.4.16
Did the movie already come out or something?
>>
>>68934675
But this one is good.
>>
>>68934690
>with enough star trek fans
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY YOU STUPID FUCK?
He was in one HIGHLY controversial Star Trek film where all he really did was growl and get his ass kicked by the lamest Spock in history.
If ANYONE goes to see this based solely on Benedict Cumberbatch's performance as DUDE KHAN LMAO, I envy the insane vacuum they must live in.
>>
>>68934866
There will be a point when Doctor Strange fires that lightning from his finger and the evil guy will fire something else and then both beams meet in the middle and Doctor Strange will go MHHMMUHUHH pushing his hand forth while grinding his teeth and then the villain will say, you could never beat me Doctor Strange. Then Doctor Strange will say "I already have" and the villain will look surprised as he sees he's standing in the middle of a pentagram.
>>
This movie is going to blow so much fucking ass, just you wait.

Literally nobody knows who Dr. Strange is
>>
>>68935324
BRAVO NOLAN

>5/5 stars across the board
>>
>>68935095
26 days ago, you dunders
>>
>>68935332
Like everybody knew who everyone in the MCU was, except Spider-Man.
>>
>>68934602
Lmao this photoshop is so bad you can see his face through his hand
>>
File: cuckleap.webm (458 KB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
cuckleap.webm
458 KB, 244x244
LEAVE CAPEKINO TO US
>>
>>68935332
Literally nobody knew who the Guardians of the Galaxy were either. It didn't stop that film from being a success.

The movie will probably be a financial success as a result of Benjamin Crinkleboof alone.
>>
I want to suck on Benedicts erect penis
>>
>>68934690
>and star trek fans
what do you mean, cucumbercrotch never played in any star trek show or any of the ten, yes ten, movies, that's silly.
>>
Is that supposed to be semen on his hand????
>>
>>68935767
Astral Semen
>>
>>68935032

He can't bring people back from the dead in the comics. The closest he's ever come is a brief flirtation with necromancy.
>>
>>68934629
nice pasta
>>
>>68936618
Yes he can you fucking retard
>>
>>68935548

As stupid as this webm looks, his costume is pretty fucking rad.
>>
>>68936927

Name one time he's done it in the comics.
>>
>>68936927

No, no he fucking can't. Don't you dare, don't you DARE respond to me that way ever again.
>>
>>68935324
Are you one of the writers?
>>
>>68934866

Incredibly OP. He completely manifested a new world after Peter Parker's identity as spider-man was revealed after Civil War and Peter being a little fuckwit register on Iron Man's side and warped time and space so that everyone simply forgot he was Spider-Man.

I wish Strange didn't do this for Parker so Spider-Man could revel in his absolute idiocy for revealing his secret identity and now having super villains constantly attack him, Aunt May and Marry Jane. What a stupid fucking shit eating faggot
>>
>>68937037
>>68937044
He has the power to LITERALLY turn back time, he can just reverse anybodys death like the cheap faggot he is
>>
>>68936927

[citation needed]

Looks like you're the retard until you actually prove otherwise, lmao
>>
>>68937146
Maybe...
>>
>>68937176

Well, yes, he can manipulate time, that's true. But he doesn't do it very often, usually only time-travelling when he absolutely has to. There have been multiple occasions in the comics where people he wanted to save died, and he didn't use his time-manipulation powers to go back and save them.

Presumably he knows how much damage screwing with the past can cause.
>>
>>68937243
He'll do it this time to keep this cash cow flowing
>>
>>68935095
Dumb yanks and their retarded way of writing dates.
>>
>>68937349
Thanks to TTIP everybody will have to do it that way soon enough. This and the imperial system.
>>
Doctor Strange is really fucking powerful, but he has limits. Here's a list of his basic power-set, based off of the spells he can cast:

>telepathy/hypnosis
>astral travel/dreamwalking
>teleportation (both across space and between dimensions
>telekinesis
>time manipulation
>creation and dispelling of illusions
>manipulation of raw magical energy, mostly to create energy blasts or magical energy shields

In contrast, here's a list of stuff he can't do:

>cure disease
>transmute matter or energy
>create things out of thin air
>affect emotions
>control sound
>directly control the elements (either scientific or magical)
>stop someone from being evil
>control magical energy in very fine, adept ways
>overcome death
>>
CAN WE HAVE A FUCKING PROPER DR DOOM YET CMON MARVEL BUY THE RIGHTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>68937423
>time manipulation

So he can cure death?
>>
>>68937544

In a roundabout sort of way, I guess. He can go back in time, or speed it up, or slow it down. But if somebody is able to shoot him in the head and he dies, there's not going to be any time travel. And even if he can go back in time, it's no guarantee he can save the person he wants to save.

Also, big risk for paradoxes and warping the space-time continuum and what not.
>>
>>68934629
Who the fuck showers at a cinema
>>
>>68937634
I've read on /co/ that Dr. Strange is unkillable and the most outrageously OP character in Marvel
>>
>>68934602
desu I'm starting to phase out films in my life, especially with the announcement of that Bomkamp Alien canon reset shit. It's a cheap way to make a profit because it requires no work, no creativity. Just do some some sleight of hand bullshit and revive a dead as dust character and boom! the sheeple will lap it up, likely having already forgotten why they're being revived in the first place with their shitty attention spans. I'll probably just keep a collection of classic films to re-watch every now and then and leave it at that, unless some renaissance happens.
>>
>>68937642
well after the water conservation mandates it wont be very many. I always saved on my water bill by taking a shower after watching a movie
>>
>>68937744
Welcome to capitalism friend
>>
>>68937672

/co/ likes to play up their favorite characters, but they all have their weaknesses. Strange is really, really powerful but he fights enemies that are even more powerful than that. He's barely evening the playing field in those fights.

Honestly, if you really wanted to get into stupid comic stuff, the Hulk is a lot more unkillable than Doctor strange. Strange, if you get past his spells (and there are people who can) is a frail, middle-aged man, very easy to kill.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 302x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 302x302
>>68934602
>Snydertards are even using speculative damage control now
WEW
E
W
>>
>>68937642
You have to shower before the penis inspection, idiot.
>>
File: prayer.jpg (29 KB, 875x302) Image search: [Google]
prayer.jpg
29 KB, 875x302
>>68937286
Sure he will, Billy. Then Snyder will come back to rescue us from that nonsense.
Don't let the dream die.
>>
>>68934675
The standard US ones are kinda shit, but this one sells the point better.

>>68934722
The Ukranian Ant man poster was pretty neat.
>>
>>68937013
It needs some yellow, but agreed.
>>
File: tfw tears of impotent rage.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tfw tears of impotent rage.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>68935324
mfw this will happen
>>
>>68938532
>I'm atheist
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68937478

I don't give a shit about the Fantastic Four but I want to see Doom and Galactus in the MCU.
>>
>>68937672
>>68937830

Strange is powerful in the way all wizards are; the sheer effect they have on the world and the plot is enormous. And they have many tools at their disposal to protect themselves, but ultimately they're very vulnerable people if you actually injure them.
>>
>>68935410
Millenials like you are easy to spot. You probably read on reddit or buzzfeed that Iron Man, Captain America or Thor were unknown before their movies. Truth is, they were actually quite known.
>>
>>68934602
And it's going to be freaking great OP
>>
>>68939145

I'm not that guy, but I'd heard of Thor, Cap, and Iron Man before their movies but didn't know anything about them. I'd never heard of GotG or Strange.

But honestly that doesn't affect me much and I don't think it affects most people. Brand recognition can sell movies, sure, but how many action or sci-fi movies are classics that came out with a pre-existing fan base? Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor, John McClane, Luke Skywalker.. a movie is allowed to introduce characters. Why do people think an "unknown" comic book character can't be successful? People will often see a movie if they hear it's good.
>>
>>68935324
>>68937764
>>68937642

I´ve missed you, proper /tv/
>>
>>68934866
by the time thanos comes to attack earth, he's the strongest one to fight him
>>
>>68938903
He is the sum total of atheistic peoples in the world.

Much like the popular character "CIA" is an amalgamation of all the members of the CIA organization in one body, allowing for increased interrogation ability and higher capability to feel in charge, due to the many consciousness's inhabiting one body.

This is basic Kino logic we're talking about here, maybe you should lurk a few more months before posting, so I'll be informing a moderator about this incident, /tv/ takes its quality very seriously. Expect to be banned for half a year, and we'll be expecting a 1000 word essay and a bucket of crablegs(Via mail) to end the ban.
>>
File: 555 come on now.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
555 come on now.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
>>68935032
>so expect nobody to ever actually die
>ever expecting fucking comic book characters to actually die
>>
>>68940835
Thus killing any sort of feeling of impending doom.
>>
File: tim pfft.gif (425 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
tim pfft.gif
425 KB, 320x180
>>68941052
>comic book movies
>expecting "any sort of feeling of impending doom"

are you autistic?
>>
File: Dr_Strange_011.jpg (59 KB, 500x633) Image search: [Google]
Dr_Strange_011.jpg
59 KB, 500x633
>>68937672

He's a weird one to compare to the other characters because of magic. Most of the other characters have these biological abilities (which is much more 'traditional' superheroing, I suppose), so when Strange comes along it's a bit different.

It's why I generally like to think of Strange as someone separate from all the other heroes, he is somewhat from a different place than the others. DC actually does its magic world a lot better I feel, it's a lot vaster and in some ways is almost completely separate to shit like Superman, Batman and the others.
>>
>>68941451
How is Scarlett Witch not magic?
>>
Guiys,
Does anyone know who Scott Adkins is playing in the flic...movie?

T.hanks
>>
>>68941594

I mean, you could also ask how Professor Xavier isn't magic. At a certain point it's just a matter of what the movie chooses to call it.
>>
>>68941695
But isn't she literally also magic?
>>
>>68941727
In the MCU I think she's presented as a mutant.
>>
>>68941727

In the MCU, she has been granted power by the Mind Stone, which is cosmic technology but isn't technically magic.

Functionally she's a spellcaster, but there you have it.
>>
>>68941727

In the comics? It's vague, and in the past they've bounced around different definitions. For a while she was just a mutant whose special ability was to cause "probability manipulations" that could result in wildly unlikely effects that were essentially magic. Then she was actually magic. Then she wasn't. Then she was again. At one point her mutant power was that she could just directly tap into and channel magical energy without needing to cast spells. Then it wasn't.

These days I think she's magic again, but honestly Scarlet Witch is a pain of a character to keep track of.
>>
File: fargo much disappoint.webm (611 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fargo much disappoint.webm
611 KB, 1280x720
>>68942276
>>68942275
>>
>>68942275
>In the MCU I think she's presented as a mutant.

She is in the comics (and in the X-men movies, where she is the twin of Quicksilver) , but not in the MCU, where she gets her powers from interaction with Loki's Sceptre.
>>
>>68942340

Last year they retconned that so she's not a mutant anymore, and all her powers were due to the High Evolutionary... except she's also got an ongoing that just started a few months ago where she's an outright magical witch.
>>
>>68942394

Fair enough. I don't follow the comics; it was just my understanding that she was Magneto's daughter and a mutant.

Anyway, as far as this thread is concerned re: the MCU and Dr Strange, she's not a mutant nor strictly a magic user; she developed her abilities from exposure to the Mind Stone.
>>
How can a pathetic normal human being become somebody with a shitload of powers that are the equivalent of a god?

Seems like they are trying to pull a hardcore Deus Ex Machina to justify their space crap.
>>
File: 1406981243979.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1406981243979.png
14 KB, 500x500
>>68934602
>"OMG IRONMAN IS DEAD!"
>Dr. Strange: LOL NO, HOKUS POKUS!!!
>>
MCU will really struggle after Infinity War if they can't pull off some huge hook to keep audiences coming.

Back in 2012 when they first teased it they had about 20 more films and 6 years to fill up. They're even prolonging it with a two-parter, but it's literally their end game. Obvious options would be shifting the focus to new characters, soft reboot with new characters taking over old roles, or seriously branching out.
>>
>>68942804
Pretty sure it's going to be the first option, with more stand alone stuff.
>>
If they reboot, Colin Farrell would be a nice Tony Stark
>>
File: hexgirl.jpg (571 KB, 1280x1835) Image search: [Google]
hexgirl.jpg
571 KB, 1280x1835
>>68942394

How do they explain her mutant father, then? Unless they've gotten rid of that, as well.
>>
>>68934629
Every part of me believes that you are right, but I don't think Benedict Cumberbatch would sign to this film if the script was shit
>>
>>68935649
Benjamine Crinklebloof is one of my favorite actors!
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.