[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mad Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
>le shut the fuck up uppity nigger. is this nigger bothering you sir?
>I AM DRINKING AND SMOKING IN THE OFFICE
>I am SECRETLY GAY. I AM PRETENDING TO BE STRAIGHT

Just watched the first episode of this.
Do normies really need things to spelled out so obviously?
The political commentary is embarrassing
>>
>>68931535
I don't remember any of that other than the drinking.
>>
>>68931535
>Do normies really need things to spelled out so obviously?

Uh, yes? Why do you think superhero movies make so much money at the box office? They're made for fucking retards.
>>
>>68931535
It's a lot more subtle after the pilot and after the first season. The best show ever made, just watch it and stop complaining.
>>
what the hell are you talking about? That is how it fucking worked. obvious isn't a fucking factor you idiot
>>
>>68931535
>it's an "im a millenial" shitpost episode
>>
>>68931767
it's a dumb old faggot who thinks he is smart because he is old, but he isn't smart, he is dumb

go die you geriatric fuck
>>
>>68931931
Good post
>>
Pilot was written several years before it was turned into anything. It just so happens that Weiner got a lot better as a writer between writing the pilot and it becoming a series. The rest is better.
>>
>>68931931
>im proud to wallow in my ignorance and spew baseless opinions on things I know nothing about
>if you call me out on this, kill yourself
>>
>>68931961
the pilot is great i don't know what you are on about
>>
>>68932002
The pilot is great but it is amateurish compared to the rest of the series.
>>
>>68932036
I'd agree with that. If OP really is watching MM for the first time he should enjoy it, I wish I could watch it for the first time again, nothing else quite fills the void
>>
>>68932000
>it's an "im a millenial" shitpost episode
wow sweet callout bitchboy

>im proud to wallow in my ignorance and spew baseless opinions
you write like a redditor

TOSH. methinks millenials nowayear no not of the times of yesteryear, and would see fit to instead wallow in their ignorance and spew baseless opinions. PITY, I SAY!
>>
File: 1461900363213.gif (932 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1461900363213.gif
932 KB, 300x250
>>68931931
>>68932286
>>
>people went out of their way to shit on others
I showed this piece of garbage to mh grandfather and he just laughed his ass off

Hollywood jews trying to constantly revise history and SUCCEEDING makes me sick
>>
>le we're showing people smoking but we don't really have the balls to assume actually assume it so we're going to lecture on how bad smoking is for your health shitty pilot episode
disguting.
>>
Mad Men's pilot episode is my favorite episode by far.
Don's speech is amazing
>>
OP is retarded
If you think the show is only about drinking at the office and 60s political discourse then you're far denser than you are portraying the show to be
>>
>>68932436
Your grandfather knows nothing about business, especially among ad agents in the 60s. It really was a cutthroat business
>>
>>68932762
>business
He owned a high end suit company

And that wasn't what he was laughing at
>>
File: 1461726695764.jpg (24 KB, 443x193) Image search: [Google]
1461726695764.jpg
24 KB, 443x193
>the same folks who unironically think Mad Men is "le edgy smokan drinkan suit man" and a soap opera also unironically think BCS is a groundbreaking riveting slow burn
>>
A lot of pilots fall into this trap, as they have to allude to enough content for multiple seasons in just one episode.
>>
>>68932694
the one about "love"? agreed
>>
They lay on the "shocking" values of the early 60's pretty heavy in the first few seasons
>>
>>68932807
yr grandfathers an idiot
>>
>>68933421
That one and the "It's toasted" one
>>
>>68933421
CRAWL
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.