[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do you think new Alien movie gonna suck? Just bad or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: alien-600600.jpg (97 KB, 1058x1058) Image search: [Google]
alien-600600.jpg
97 KB, 1058x1058
How much do you think new Alien movie gonna suck?

Just bad or insult like Prometheus?
>>
It's one of those things. I've been burned so many times, I won't even find out if I hate if.
>>
>>68926820
Prometheus is only an insult to Aliens, not Alien.

they were 2 different genre. the new Alien movie is probably gunna be like Aliens.
>>
Prometheus was great
>>
What's this? A new one on the way?
When? Sequel? Remake?
>>
>>68926873
unless you're a butthurt faggot that wants Predators/Aliens movie and got Alien/Blade Runner instead.
>>
>>68926891
Bluekampf (Distric 9 dir) doing his own Alien.
>>
>>68926872
No it was very much an insult to Alien as well.
>>
>>68926820
Prometheus was really good. Go away reddit fedora.
>>
I doubt anybody is truly expecting it to be great. Seems like the perfect time for an out of the blue kino classic to drop.

Amy Seimetz is pretty great so it might be half way decent.
>>
>>68926899
basically this
>>
File: Cameron-Aliens-BTS3.jpg (72 KB, 640x392) Image search: [Google]
Cameron-Aliens-BTS3.jpg
72 KB, 640x392
>>68926872
>new Alien movie is probably gunna be like Aliens.
Without James it's gonna CGI shit with young popular actors PG-13.
>>
There will be at least three sequels to Prometheus. Will Scott explain how the engineer in Alien was so much bigger than those in Prometheus? Never mind. I hope that at least Blomkamp's Alien will ignore the engineer subplot. Can't believe how Scott managed to ruin space jockeys. I doubt he had them in mind while doing Alien.
>>
>>68926958
>someone who wasn't insulted by this calling other reddit fedora

You can't make this shit up
>>
>>68926924
I don't see how... it was the only other Alien movie by Ridley Scott.
>>
File: yl7fumXx1rh8tweo1_1280.jpg (44 KB, 512x1002) Image search: [Google]
yl7fumXx1rh8tweo1_1280.jpg
44 KB, 512x1002
>>68927013
Alien franchise is still lucky. The first two movies are legit masterpieces and after some weaker movies it even got several chances to retcon that.
>>
File: ALIEN_SW.jpg (20 KB, 349x289) Image search: [Google]
ALIEN_SW.jpg
20 KB, 349x289
"ASS LIKE A 10 YEAR OLD BOY"
>>
>>68927053
'Oh look at the cute penis, I think I'll reach out and touch it a little.'

NOOOOOOOOOO

IT'S A VAGINA PRETENDING TO BE A PENIS

AAARRRGGHHHHHHHH

> tfw this is not Seagal kino
>>
>>68926820

Prometheus was better than Alien 3 and 4.
>>
>>68927121
>alien literally jumped into space after seeing it
can't blame him
>>
>>68927090
too bad AvP2 isn't even the real sequel to AvP since it missed out on the ALIEN PREDATOR at the end of AvP
>>
>>68927168
I at least liked the final chase in A3. Of course the way less important characters are being taken out one by one is still dumb. Still more than Prometheus. Boring and shallow.
>>
>>68927285
Well it starts minutes after AVP and Predalien is the main antagonist. Sounds sequelish.
>>
>>68927285
What are you talking about? It's literally what the film's predator goes hunting for
>>
>>68926921
This alone has convinced me to see it. I loved District 9 and Elysium.

But I'm not watching any trailers. I'll stay out of threads for the most part too. I watched Alien and Aliens with zero expectations and got greatly rewarded. I was hype for Alien 3 / 4 and it didn't turn out so well. So I'll see you bastards approximately 14 months from now and we can shitpost then.
>>
File: space man.jpg (403 KB, 1187x1540) Image search: [Google]
space man.jpg
403 KB, 1187x1540
>>68926872
>Prometheus is only an insult to Aliens, not Alien.

what
>>
>>68928915
>muh lore
>>
>>68928937
I'm not talking about the lore. it's the fact that they've changed one of HR gigers beautiful nightmare creatures into a buff dude in a space suit.
and now imagine what they're going to do with the xeno.
scott is getting senile in his old days because he doesn't understand how horror works or what made the xeno so fascinating in the first place.
if you explore where those creature come from and what they are you're pretty much killing the franchise.
>>
>>68929154
You're an idiot, like all Alien fans. Kill yourself.
>>
>>68929177
good arguments, kid.
>>
>>68929177
Mad alienspleb detected.
>>
>>68929154
I doubt people involved with Alien had a boring albino giant in mind when they were making Alien. And it includes Scott.

It was supposed to be a weird creature that died many thousands of years, waiting to be found hidden somewhere in the dark corner of cosmos. It was hard to even imagine how that thing moved or looked while standing. Like the Krels from Forbidden Planet. That's how I imagine the aliens. Inconceivable.

Then Prometheus happened and it was a humanoid in his space suit. Oh. And he created xenomorphs and humans. Everything's connected.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.