[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did everything go so RIGHT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: capekino.jpg (98 KB, 506x542) Image search: [Google]
capekino.jpg
98 KB, 506x542
Where did everything go so RIGHT?
>>
>>68925184
disnep paid for reviews
>>
>>68925184
giantman, bucky, focusing on cap not ironman for once, having some actual traumatic moments
>>
By doing the opposite of BvS
>>
>giving Black Panther motivations other than being a BLACK KANG OF AFRICA

>Spiderman was actually comic book Spiderman and not a 30 year old guy playing someone half his age
>>
>>68925239
>Opposite
Thematically it did a lot the same, it just did it right.
>>68925236
You mean WB?
BvS being so worthless only made CW look better.
>>
>>68925261
They were the best parts of this movie
>>
give me the whole plot boys
>>
Because of the Black Panther.

He carried and saved the movie single-handedly.
>>
>>68925415
>that last scene with zemo
The living are not finished with you yet.

Based Panther
>>
>>68925184
That 15 minute airport fight was the only good part of the movie. Tony was right, Cap is an asshole.
>>
>>68925184
Black panther fight scenes were amazingly fucking boss, and any time he spoke was the complete opposite of the "WE IZ KANGS" I was expecting.

Spiderman was the witty cheeky cunt of a 16 year old that the comic character is, played to a fucking tee.

>"That thing breaks the laws of physics"
>"hey guys, remember empire strikes back"
>the whole conversation he has after taking caps shield
>"You have the right to remain silent!"
>>
>>68925545

yea but why the fuck were they trying to stop cap and bucky, it doesnt make any sense.

>hey guys we are going to coldrussiafuckistan to figure out the whole winter soldier shit and stop zemo

>NO FUK U STAY HERE GO TO JAIL
>>
>>68925679

That is the whole point of accountability, you can't check out a wanted terrorist without authorization
>>
>>68925604
>>"That thing breaks the laws of physics"
The best thing about that line is that it occurs right after the shield comes back to Cap after he threw it off into the air to cut Spideys webs he was swinging on, I was thinking the exact same thing and Spidey made that comment.
>>
>>68925491
That part where BP and Zemo sat together while scenes of Iron Man and Cap beat the ever living shit of each other interspersed with one another is probably one of the most memorable comic book scenes ever created on the big screen.
>>
>>68925491
I was surprised with how cat like Boseman was. He just fell into the role completely.

>>68925604
>Black panther fight scenes were amazingly fucking boss, and any time he spoke was the complete opposite of the "WE IZ KANGS" I was expecting.
Black Panther's generally a really chill leader. He treats his country like his family which is another reason for him hating Doom.

He has a huge ego tho which often fucks him over.

What were you really expecting from him? Curious desu.
>>
>>68925184
Whedon got fired, sudden jump in quality due to Russos made it look even better.
>>
>>68925825
>is probably one of the most memorable comic book scenes ever created on the big screen.

Scan?
>>
>>68925679
Bucky is too dangerous and needs to pay for his crimes, he can't go running around wherever he pleases just because he's Cap's bro4lyf.
>>
File: 0.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>68925944

You know autists were hoping for a WE WUZ KANGS OF AFRIKA character so they could cuckspam

lucky for us Black Panther was nothing like that
>>
>>68925806
It's actually pretty expanable though. The shield absorbs kinetic energy. Then when Cap throws it, based on the direction, it either reflects the kinetic energy back, allowing the shield to bounce, or transfer it throughout the shield, allowing it to pierce through objects.
>>
>>68926004
>pay for his crimes
But he didn't do any of them by his own free will, punishing him for stuff like that is retarded. I bet you're a calvinist, too.
>>
>>68926033
That's the thing, he throws it straight up into the air to cut Spideys web, it does that and just sails off to fuck knows where. Then it returns to Cap somehow and Spidey points out how that is bullshit. It's fucking great.
>>
>>68926038

and anyone other than Steve knows this? The whole issue of Cap not wanting to sign the treaty was the possibility that he might have to instantly act but would be hamstrung by a UN committee
>>
>>68926111
>and anyone other than Steve knows this?
Why is it that nobody listens to Cap?
>>
>>68925319
It kinda was the opposite.

BvS focused on making to characters fight, and nothing else, Captain America cared about WHY these characters fought.

It's the difference between
"How can we get these characters to fight?"
And
"What would these characters fight about?

They're similar only superficially. Their approaches to that similarity are polar opposites.
>>
>>68926139

Perhaps you never dealt with law enforcement but HE WUZ A GUD BOI HE DIDN'T DO NUFFIN doesn't go very far
>>
>>68926211
>hey this guy is mind-controlled
>FUCK YOU HERO WHO SAVED THE WORLD THREE TIMES! LET'S GO KILL HIM ANYWAY!
It's just dumb.
>>
>>68926211
That's the nice thing about it, from Cap's point of view people should listen to him because he was right in TWS, but from Stark's point of view Cap's judgement might be clouded since it's personal for him. And then Stark has that happen to him at the end in Siberia
>>
>>68926180
I see what you're saying, but our disagreement is semantic. We basically agree that both films wanted the end goal of a fight, but the execution in CW was superior.
>>
>>68926262

The goal was never to kill Cap, just bring him in.
>>
Black Panther in Civil War
>Wakandans are caught in a crossfire between the Avengers and bad guys
>His father tries to advocate for the Accord
>Father dies assumedly killed by Bucky
>he pursues his father's killer only to realize in the end the path of revenge isn't the right way to do things, and brings him in alive

Wonder Woman
>she's in the movie because lolwonderwoman

What the FUCK is DC doing.
>>
>>68926305
Breaking my heart.
>>
>>68926305
Am I the only one who got hyped as fuck when he was talking to Natasha and he said

>I am NOT my father..
>>
>>68926305
>What the FUCK is DC doing
Snyder is a visionary, you know. You just didn't get it because you're too dumb.
>>
>>68926339

lol I was expecting some bullshit "African" wisdom
>>
>>68926038
Just because doesn't undo what he did. You don't let someone who's killed a person walk around free just because they're insane. People like that can be dangerous and need to be kept away from society to protect both themselves and others until completely rehabilitated.
>>
>>68926103

doesn't cap have some sort of magnetic device attached to his gloves and the shield so when he throws it, he activates the magnet-thing and it comes back? you see it used in other films.
>>
File: tearing me apart.jpg (3 KB, 150x84) Image search: [Google]
tearing me apart.jpg
3 KB, 150x84
>>68926305
>>68926337

You're tearing me apart, DC!
>>
>>68926382
Just because he was brainwashed*
>>
>>68926382
Why say "he has to pay for his crimes" if you actually mean he has to be helped?
>>
>>68926382
The film agrees with you.
>>
>>68925679
>wanted terrorist and an unauthorised vigilante going to another sovereign country to start shit
That's how the countries that signed the Accords saw Bucky and Cap.
And they LITETALLY had no evidence besides Bucky's say so.
>>
So what happens at the end? All of them are buddies again?
>>
>>68926466
Yeah, and then Nick Fury introduces them to the X-Men and they rock out.
>>
>>68926466
No.
Beyond that, I'd say go watch it.
>>
>>68926478
Speaking of Nick Fury, where the hell was he in the movie. I thought he would appear as the voice of reason or something. He should be there at least when the avengers are tearing themselves apart.
>>
>>68925184
Which characters did they use from Thor?
>>
>>68926466
No, if you insist on knowing: Team Cap are fugitives , Bucky is missing his metal arm and is in cryo in Wakanda, Stark is an Avenger again (because he has fuck all else) and the Accords are still in place.
>>
>>68926533
Thor's busy stopping Ragnarok.
>>68926524
That...is a good question.
>>
>>68926418
I dunno, easier to say I guess.
>>68926427
Yeah, it was pretty obvious Cap was wrong in his own movie. Why not just turn Bucky over if he was gonna get frozen anyway?
>>
>>68926524
He's gone to the Punisher series to hire him for a job in Russia.
>>
>>68926524
Probably building SHIELD back up again, this time with less HYDRA because Agents of Shit is non-canon.
Or chilling out in the Bahamas with his helicarrier.
>>
>>68926570
Choice.
>>
>>68926569
The pic in the OP says there are characters from Thor in Civil War, but I can't remember seeing any.
>>
I SEE THE MARVEL SHILLS ARE ALL IN FULL DRESS PARADE FORM

You can tell them apart easily because of the overzealous praise towards certain characters.
>>
>>68925944
Not exactly expecting "I IZ KANGZ" character, but knowing the directors for Marvel I was expecting a really shitty, trash character that just portrayed major african stereotypes and did nothing to enhance the movie.

Instead, he spoke with dignity, respect and conviction, and even when he wanted revenge, you could see genuine emotion in the actors eyes, he was such a good character.

>>68925806
Yeah that was fucking brilliant. Spidey basically says "c'mon dude that's bullshit" and gets whomped, it's hilarious. Can't state how much I loved spidey enough.

GIANT MAN was pretty sweet too.
>>
>>68926634
Let's assume The Economist didn't fact check eh?
>>
>letting people who have the power to destroy whole nations act with absolutely no supervision

Tony was completely right
>>
>>68926649
Shit, you caught us.

The mouse was waiting for me as soon as BvS was over. He has my family Anon. You'd shill too.

OH SHIT!!!

The Goof Stormtroop saw me type this!!! Spread the tuth!!! THE MOUSE IS COMING FOR US ALL!!!
>>
>>68926713
This. But it's more nuanced than that.

Hulk and Thor alone could destroy entire cities in seconds with their powers, let alone what the whole team could do if convinced/made to do it.

BUT, having a UN team overseeing you and choosing where to send you is pretty bullshit. If there's a place you need to be, and they don't send you there, or you find out before the UN, you can do nothing.

There needed to be a nuanced approach from a neutral third party (hawk eye being a good choice, Vision should have realized this as well). There needs to be oversight over a team of people who could destroy the world with barely any effort, but there needs to be some form of freedom of choice from the group.
>>
The Sam/Bucky banter was fucking great
>>
>>68925184
>another marvelshit
>hey guiz lets put all this characters in one movie and make them quip to death
>i mean not to death, nobody can die
>and beg sony/fox so we can have spiderman
>and have some nigger too, so we can pander to poc
No thank you, I'll stay with DC. Only two movies, but quality is better than quantity.
>>
>>68925184
>tfw i wanna watch it again
>tfw i hade to pay for my brother and my gf when going to the premiere
>tfw everyone i know hates capeshit
>>
>>68927055
But Anon, marvel is triple Q.
Quips, Quality AND Quantity.
I'm sorry for your taste.
>>
>>68926533
Hawkeye
>>
>>68926570
Because Bucky is the only one left from Cap's time as Peggy dies. He don't want to risk his only friend to government.
>>
>>68927118
Just go by yourself, it's not that weird.
>>
>>68927118
Just go see it you stupid faggot, memes aren't real life
>>
One of the best MCU movies to date. Easily the best Avenger movie.

The action scenes were pretty good, and the fight scenes were top fucking notch. I have high hopes that they can keep this up with the future installments, but I'll probably be disappointed. Dialogue was better than expected, but that's not really saying much. Good enough though. And some of the quips were actually funny, and this is coming from someone that usually hates them. The Tony and Peter scene was bretty good. Most of the Spider-Man stuff was done really well, considering that it was probably added very last minute. The pacing and some of the scene transitions were really weird though. Felt like it was all over the place. I think a lot of this is due to introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU in the same movie, and even more so because of the last minute addition of Spider-Man. I feel kinda disgusted by saying this, but this movie should either have been longer or had two parts.

Fuck yeah:
>action scenes
>fight scenes
>final confrontation between bucky, cap and iron man

Well alright:
>giant-man
>spider-man
>black panther
>quips
>SW getting better at using her powers
>tony and peter scene

Entirely okay:
>the rest
>>
>>68927770
who the fuck is peter?
>>
>>68927828
Spider-Boy.
>>
>>68927770
I want /v/ to leave. These faggots have ruined this board.
>>
>>68927973
What did I do? I don't even browse /v/.
>>
Why is spiderman so bankable and so based? He is literally the only reason i watched this flick.
>>
>>68925347
because if you take out all the rest the movie is 10minut long. perfect
>>
>>68926033
Cap has a shield magnet on his arm dude.
>>
>>68925415

Is tv the most cucked board?
>>
>>68925944

I was expecting "we president now mufuga bix nood"
>>
File: untitled.jpg (167 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
167 KB, 612x380
He's literally the best MCU villain so far

>no powers, doesn't need them
>almost destroys avengers with his wits alone
>compelling motivation
>>
>>68926305
>>she's in the movie because lolwonderwoman
She's in the movie to find her photo, and out what else Luthor knows about her, and to keep herself secret.
>>
>>68926305
>I saw vengeance consume them. I will not let it consume me.
blocks Zemo's suicide bullet

fucking awesome
>>
>>68929861
he reminded me of a younger Jeremy Irons with those glasses
>>
Is it just me who disliked the new spiderman?
>>
>>68930007
wasn't it
>vengeance has consumed you, it has consumed them. I will not let it consume me.

sick line anyway
>>
>>68931229
yes
>>
>>68929861
When the hobbit mocks him at the end
>implying I didn't win
>>
>>68929785
Are we not allowed to like characters who aren't white you insecure fuck?
>>
Based Cap making Stark almost burst in tears

>muh father made that shield you dont deserve it
>>
>>68932019
Not in this cesspool.
Black Panther was cool as fuck and Falcon was pretty great too
>>
File: hhnnnnggghh.jpg (84 KB, 735x375) Image search: [Google]
hhnnnnggghh.jpg
84 KB, 735x375
>>68925825
>That part where BP and Zemo sat together while scenes of Iron Man and Cap beat the ever living shit of each other interspersed with one another is probably one of the most memorable comic book scenes ever created on the big screen.

DC fan here (as in I consider myself more a fan of DC comic books). I really wish BvS had just ONE moment that came anywhere near the gravity of that entire scene. There was something so pivotal about those two calmly talking while Tony and Cap were both fighting with everything they had.

God I fucking hate Snyder.
>>
Is it me or is the only thing this movies for is to setup the black panther and Spider-Man movie?
>>
my friend told me CW had another shit throwaway villian, went in expecting a big bad guy like guardians or thor 2, avengers would fall apart and have to band together at the end to overcome.

get a villian with clear motivations that pretty much achieves his goals, thank you based russos.
>>
>>68925679

Bucky was one of HYDRAs top level assassins.

Like imagine if Bin Laden was revealed to actually be a brain washed CIA operative and that the CIA was partly run by fucking nazis. Would you just say "Hey, Bin Lader isn't that bad a guy after all, I mean the only problem was that his bosses were nazis!"
>>
File: untitled.jpg (67 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
67 KB, 570x300
>>68932141
>when they recreated this panel

i'm so glad they veered away from the comic book.
>>
>>68932205
It's basically set-up for almost every single movie in phase 3, including Infinity War
>>
>>68926305

Replace black panther with Spider-Man and they're the same.

Both appear on a computer screen and in the movie for about 10 mins.
>>
>>68932322
>imagine if Bin Laden was revealed to actually be a brain washed CIA operative and that the CIA was partly run by fucking nazis

There's nothing imaginary about this
>>
>>68925184
>I thought it was a water truck
Based Ant-Man
>>
Anybody love the final fight more than the airport fight? There's no big destruction like in Winter Soldier or all other Marvel movies but it's just so fucking personal and raw. Just Cap and Bucky vs a pissed off Tony
>>
File: omg zack.jpg (49 KB, 772x580) Image search: [Google]
omg zack.jpg
49 KB, 772x580
>>68927055
>I'll stay with DC
Zack...
>>
>>68927055
lmao BvS can't even beat Deadpool on domestic and it's an R-rated feature
>>
File: robert-downey-junior.jpg (50 KB, 321x600) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey-junior.jpg
50 KB, 321x600
>>68925184
D R O P P E D
>>
>>68932501
This desu
>>
>>68929861
did he have any affiliation with Hydra at all or he just took their shit and ran with it?
>>
>>68932422
I actually felt bad for all of them, including Zemo.
>>
>>68932524
None.
>>
>>68932501
did you not know he was one of the chosen people?
>>
File: Martin-Shkreli-23128259987.jpg (157 KB, 1290x726) Image search: [Google]
Martin-Shkreli-23128259987.jpg
157 KB, 1290x726
>>68929861
Martin Shkreli did a great job playing him
>>
>>68932524
I don't think so. They only said he was part of a Sokovian kill squad. He's nothing like the comic book character which was basically Red Skull with a hood.
>>
>>68932540
>>68932422

Everyone had a bad ending in this movie.

Only Spider-man got off relatively well
>>
To be honest the fight in the airport got me a little hard.
>>
>>68932524
When he steals stuff from the russian hydra guy, he says something about hydra being forgotten
>>
File: 28410284_m.png (267 KB, 442x600) Image search: [Google]
28410284_m.png
267 KB, 442x600
>>68925184
They understand the characters. There is no Superman flying a guy through a concrete wall at mach speed in the first five minutes of movie.

Every character has a clear code, motivation, relationship with other characters and desires. I'm just not too keen on Spider-Man being so fucking submissive and weak.
>>
>>68925347
Scott was the best part, bro.
>>
>>68932478
And it's fucking deadpool...not R wolverine...R Deadpool, jesus DC.
>>
>>68932699
He's been at it a few months, a period most media just glosses over in a montage.
>>
>>68932322
Do you understand the concept of "moral agency".
>>
>>68925545
How is Capt an Asshole?
>>
>>68926038
>But he didn't do any of them by his own free will
>what is manslaughter?
>>
>>68932896
Tony spent the movie explaining everything he was doing and being flexible while Cap was closed-minded as fuck and barely said the things he had to. He finding out about the Zemo plan and bringing it up once for Tony in such a quick scene was equivalent of Superman flying to Gotham and not telling Batman exactly what was happening just so the two of them could fight.
>>
>>68932574
>He's nothing like the comic book character which was basically Red Skull with a hood.
I hate /tv/s understanding of the comics. You're talking about Heinrich Zemo. This was Helmut Zemo.
>>
>>68932960
Doesn't apply. If I smash your head against another dude's head until he dies you are not commiting any crimes.
Bucky was a tool, when he was mindcontrolled he was not human, he had no agency.
>>
>>68933014
>Helmut Zemo
Know any issues worth reading/best moments? I want to read up on him
>>
Pirating this shit, not giving Disney or Marvel a single cent of mine.
>>
>>68933104
That's okay poorfag, I'm going to watch it again next week so let's say I'm giving them money from you ;D
>>
File: Thunderbolts-1-1997.jpg (744 KB, 1257x1976) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolts-1-1997.jpg
744 KB, 1257x1976
>>68933088
How are you with the 90s? Helmut doesn't really get going as his own character until the Thunderbolts.
>>
>>68933183
Don't bother the movie is shit.
>>
>>68933207
>watch it again
>>
File: wtf1.jpg (60 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
wtf1.jpg
60 KB, 550x550
>>68933185
>screaming mimi
>>
>>68932839

Bucky is effectively an active sleeper agent of Hydra. he can be activiated at any moment, not just by agents of hydra but also if people who might have worked for hydra, heard of hydra, investigated hydra, knew someone who once worked for hydra and of course anyone who happens to know any of those people through a friend or whatever.

Having Bucky walk around is hilariously dangerous. It's like having ticking time bombs walking around.
>>
File: screaming-mimi.jpg (45 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
screaming-mimi.jpg
45 KB, 250x300
>>68933244
That is correct.
>>
>how can cap's side compete when iron man has the vision on his
>mfw waifu pushed his shit in

so if they weren't holding back because friends, she basically murders everyone at the airport, right?
>>
File: EyesOfSpider.png (281 KB, 611x314) Image search: [Google]
EyesOfSpider.png
281 KB, 611x314
Love these eyes so much.
>>
File: 86843567.png (896 KB, 692x639) Image search: [Google]
86843567.png
896 KB, 692x639
i just wish they had been friends in the end
>>
File: 1415646365506.jpg (33 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1415646365506.jpg
33 KB, 680x510
>>68927055
>being this contrarian
>>
>>68933381
she nearly did. She commented that Hawkeye was pulling his punches against Widow before owning Widow herself
>>
>>68926841

>but there needs to be some form of freedom of choice from the group.

To be fair, Stark does tell Cap and the others to sign it because they can amend the fuck out of it later.

I kinda feel like they missed a trick or maybe cut a scene where Cap then tells him to get fucked because he's not going to sign an agreement he has no intention of ever honouring and will start undermining immediately.

Either way the Accords are blatantly a fig leaf, a way for nations to look and feel like they have some control over the Avengers. But when the American military and intelligence agencies are flat-out shown to have no ability to do anything about Black Widow, let alone someone like Tony Stark who can build WMDs in a cave. OUT OF SCRAPS! the only hope anyone has of the Accords sticking is if the Avengers enforce it on each other.

The only things the film really mishandles is exactly what the Sokovia Accords really mean and Zemo. I give it a pass because the broad strokes are enough to get the message across and there are enough legitimate reasons for the characters to be pissed off with each other any way.

Zemo you could pretty much cut entirely, just make it clear HYDRA is doing their thing and have them e-mail Tony the video he sees at the end of the movie. Expanding a bit on Zemo's motivations might have helped but this is really nit-picky stuff given how good the movie is.
>>
>>68933008
Tony is an ego maniac, also everything bad in this film was his fault.
>>
>>68933185
I hope they make beetle the main villain for the next spiderman film.
>>
CIVIL WAR IS NOT FUCKING OUT YET

>>
>>68933316
Yes, its dangerous. But he does not deserve to have anything done unto him against his will (which was the problem to begin with). And thats why he willingly froze himself up in Wakanda.
>>
>>68926211
What about when hawk eye was brain washed, scarjo konks him on the head, and everyone was all "ok it's cool now for all the shit you did and we 100 percent trust you now"
>>
>>68933509
>Hydra
Are bit players. Zemo isnt.
>>
File: ironman.jpg (38 KB, 380x419) Image search: [Google]
ironman.jpg
38 KB, 380x419
>>68933527
>also everything bad in this film was his fault
well that's kinda of Tonys character traits, that he tries desperately to do good and fucks up
>>
>>68933601
It is in other countries you retard.
>>
>civil """"war"""""
>nobody died

bravo marvel
>>
someone post the webms of the leak already
>>
>>68933604
So if I accidentally ate a bunch of psychedelic mushrooms and went on a rampage and axed an entire kindergarten, I'm free to go afterwards?
>>
>>68933509
>Zemo you could pretty much cut entirely, just make it clear HYDRA is doing their thing and have them e-mail Tony the video he sees at the end of the movie. Expanding a bit on Zemo's motivations might have helped but this is really nit-picky stuff given how good the movie is.
No, you are a complete idiot. Zemo being the villain and the scheme being the actions of one man are what makes it a foil to both Iron Man and Captain America's opinions on the Accords.

Zemo - one ordinary human with sufficient determination and no oversight - did more damage to the Avengers than any other threat has. But none of Tony's increased supervision and governmental co-operation helped to prevent that, because Zemo exploited the information available to the people in charge and used their assumptions against them.
>>
>>68933700
>Cold War
>not even a war
>>
>>68933700
>batman versus superman
>superman dies
>in second movie
bravo zack the hack
>>
>>68933527
he's a self fulfilling prophecy, he says everything he does is in the name of keeping the avengers together, despite it's exactly what's tearing them apart. I'd say his ego is a part of it, but it's also a guilt complex he's had since the end of avengers/iron man 3.
>>
>>68933700
>man of """"""""""""""steel""""""""""""""
>is not made of steel but flesh

brava
>>
>>68933634

People knew Hawkeye and knew that was wildly out of character for him. He had established cred.

Bucky had been doing that shit for decades and really only had one advocate in Cap. Falcon was mainly supporting Cap and that meant trying to help Bucky.

>>68933648

In this movie, yeah. Might've been better to roll Zemo and Crossbones' stories into the same character and have him pissed about MUH FACE and MUH ETERNAL WORLD PEACE, both of which he feels Cap screwed up in Winter Soldier.

But eh, this is really being nit-picky. For how much they got right it's basically the difference between "really really good" and "great."
>>
File: Giant-Man.png (1 MB, 1270x682) Image search: [Google]
Giant-Man.png
1 MB, 1270x682
>>68925184
HOO HO HO HO!
>>
>>68933758
>Superman dies
He has a lie down in a coffin, but he's plainly not dead.
>>
>>68933822
can you post the webm please
>>
>>68933794
>the """"""""dark knight"""""""
>is a white rich guy dressed as a flying squirrel
>>
>>68933822
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSvQrR1_y7A

>WE BIG NOW
>>
>>68933922
>Generic soundtrack
>CGI abomination
>"comedy" vocalisations
>arbitrarily nerfed characters

Looks to be Marvel business as usual
>>
Marvel understands the art of capekino
>>
Given that he's supposed to retain the same density and strength regardless of his size, can someone tell me how making Ant-Man giant has any benefit?
>>
>>68933724
Nice fallacy.

A better more accurate statement would be if SOMEONE ELSE force fed you those mushrooms and made you do all those things
>>
>>68934041
man it's Pym particles, they don't have to explain shit
>>
>>68934041
The power of Ultra.

(even though ultraman first aired 3 years after the first appearances of giAntman in comics)
>>
>>68934041
It's new tech, notice his suit is upgraded and different too. He says in the movie that he only tried it once before and it nearly fucked him up
>>
>>68934041
>trying to explain capeshit

something something pym particals, who gives a shit really, Dr Strange is going to introduce magic into the MCU, so magic or a wizard did it will be completely justifiable excuse.
>>
>>68934052
Let's say the absolute madman, Timothy, working at my local grocery swapped the champignons with psycedelic shrooms for shits and giggles
>>
>>68934111
So it's literally "I CAN DO THIS NOW, PLEASE IGNORE MY PREVIOUSLY ESTABLISHED RULES"?
Brilliant.
>>
>>68934111
Trips for truth
>>
why do pros still use the m4a1 after the nerf? just for the lack of tracers??
>>
>>68929861

Is that Zemo?
>>
>>68934191
His established rules?
Even in his own movies he breaks his rules.
They state Pym Particles close the gap between atoms, yet he can go sub atomic?
It's Pym Particles, they never explained shit.
>>
>>68934191
It's experimenting tech which works temporary and is dangerous as fuck, is it really that hard to grasp?
>>
Why does Giant-Man move so slowly.
>>
>>68934245
It doesn't exactly help to resolve the issue that these movies randomly introduce powers and/or plot elements are required when the director wants something to look cool.

This turns the entire affair into a child's game of who can come up with the most outlandish bullshit off the top of their heads.

"I'M A GIANT NOW YOU CAN'T GET ME"
"WELL I JUST INVENTED A GIANT KILLING GUN"
"WELL I INVENTED A SHIELD TO PROTECT AGAINST GIANT KILLING GUNS"
"WELL I INVENTED A GIANT KILLING GUN SHIELD DESTROYER TIMES A MILLION AND NO COMEBACKS"
>>
>>68934041
Imagine yourself with the same strength, but now with a fuck of a lot of reach.
>>
So the theme of this movie is vengeance? Kang, zemo and tony wants revenge
>>
>>68934352
That's nice but Giantman hasn't been explained since 1963. The only rulebook is wehat happens in the comics and they bend those too. Also this >>68934244
>>
>>68934427
And also half the speed, and a massive target, and all of the characters with long-rage attacks can keep well out of your reach.
>>
>>68934230
Yes
>>
>>68934245
Yes, but the entire point of Ant-Man was that he retained his normal strength when becoming small, so he was proportionally super-strong. Therefore, by becoming large, he should become super-weak.
>>
>>68934344
Not a scientist, but something about size'n'mass and perception etc.
Google Biomechanics
>>
>>68934458

But why does he have half the speed.
>>
>>68934458
Yeah.
But now he's a big guy.
>>
>>68934505
The helmet is there to stop him going crazy when small, do you think he needs it when he's big?
>>
>>68934505
For the MCUUUU
>>
>>68934505
How can he be a big guy, if when you pull his helmet off he will die?
>>
>>68934469
See >>68934452
>>
>>68934352
>>68934469
Woah.. Prepare to be mindblown... Woooooah!.... What if... WHAT IF!.. What if they modify and change the (not real) pym particles which changes THE RULES! WOAH
>>
>>68934505
Was becoming big with no particular benefit part of his plan?
>>
>>68934469
he was pretty slow and lumbering after he changed, not a massively practical smash everyone giant mode, it was used as a distraction mainly.
>>
>>68934533
He acts like a total MADMAN when he turns big, so yeah probably.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (181 KB, 2158x1136) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
181 KB, 2158x1136
>Spidey can stop Bucky's metal punch which owned almost all characters in the movie
>Spider-Man is probably the strongest character after Hulk

what the fuck, the power levels are whack
>>
>>68934584
>no benefit
He kicked ass, there was totally a benefit.
You saw the film right?
>>
>>68934206
Notice how they said AR15 instead of ASSAULT RIFLES
>>
>>68934581
If the writers cal pull anything out of their asses when they feel like it, why care about anything that happens?
>>
>>68934618
Spider-Man has always been strong as fuck
>>
>>68934618
Spiderman has always been strong. The dude lifted and threw a fucking subway car once.
>>
>>68934618
The Vision is established as being able to obliterate the toughest materials in the world, but can't put a dent in a regular dude who is also slow and lumbering.
lol nerfed
>>
>>68934662
And what did they pull out of their ass?
>>
>>68934662
I find not being autistic helps.
Also accepting g its comic book logic, shit never made sense.
>>
>>68934618
stark had a video of him stopping a moving car in his intro scene.

spider-man is strong dude. always has been.
>>
>>68934168
If it is proven, he's going in for murder and you may have to go to rehab.
>>
>>68934708
read the thread
>>
>>68934584

>no benefit

Cap and Bucky got to the plane though
>>
>>68934707
Why dent him, he just phased through.
Ypou saw the movie right?
>>
>>68934670
>>68934688
I know, but he seems even stronger than Iron Man, physically

Also
>Cap actually winning against a fist fight with pissed off Tony until he cheated
>The same Tony whose suit can lift cars
>>
>>68933088
Standoff stars zemo and was pretty good comic, despite being a marvel event.
>>
>>68934775
Yes, he is. By several orders of magnitude. A subweay car weighs several tonnes. Spiderman didn't just lift the cunt. He threw it. Granted thus was when he was older and stringer. But even now, is he strong? Listen bud, he's got radioactive blood.
>>
File: doctor-strange-cumberbatch.jpg (44 KB, 570x404) Image search: [Google]
doctor-strange-cumberbatch.jpg
44 KB, 570x404
JUST how powerful is Dr. Strange?

Also can he bring the dead back to life like OP implies?
>>
>>68934736
Pym made the particles a fucking long time ago and abandoned the project. He has now resumed working on them, is it really that far off to assume that better technology has resulted in him being able to modify or upgrade his particles?
>>
>>68934832
Fuck my typos... Subway, this, stronger
>>68934846
He knows dude, he's just baiting you.
>>
File: pymparticles.png (459 KB, 1221x702) Image search: [Google]
pymparticles.png
459 KB, 1221x702
>This thread
>>
>>68925261
>>giving Black Panther motivations other than being a BLACK KANG OF AFRICA
He was also established in a single scene, with the motivations being easily understandable and not over-referenced or drawn out. It's a fantastic way to do an origin story (if it actually is) when the character is generally known to most capeshit fans, who Google the new characters at the very least.
>>
File: 1461723282427.jpg (739 KB, 2730x4096) Image search: [Google]
1461723282427.jpg
739 KB, 2730x4096
>>68932501
What about best girl, /pol/?
>>
If Ant-Man gains strength and density as he shrinks, then why isn't he super light and weak when he's Giant Man?
>>
>>68934930
How the fuck does the infinity stones work?
>>
>>68934846
It's not beyond the realm of possibility, it's just shitty writing. "Never mind every prior appearance of me you have seen, I can do this now" *insert gimmick* is basically a retread of the Hulkbuster scene from AoU.
>>
>>68934833

Strange could take over earth and rule as the god emperor of man kind and lead a golden crusade to claim the stars.
>>
>>68934983
FUCK READ THE THREAD >>68934930
>>
>>68934983
>>68934930
>>
>>68934833
He once froze the entire goddamn universe because he was too lazy to stop the bad guys at that moment.
>>
>>68934983
The same reason his weight doesn't seem to mean much when he's standing on things, but somehow is still relevant when punching shit.
>>
>>68934994

They boost your power level.
>>
>>68935002
>Comics written in the 69's aren't War and Peace
Thanks for the fucking imnsignt ypou autismal shit.
>>
>>68935010
I think they're looking for a better explanation than "U-UGH NEVER MIND THAT"
>>
>insert quip
character does physical attack
other character dodges/blocks
>insert quip from other character

repeat for 30 mins

that is the airport fight
>>
>>68935043
It may have escaped your attention, but this is a movie made in 2016.
>>
>>68935047
THERE
ISNT
ONE
YOU
DENSE
MOUTHBREATHER

It's fucking comic book logic you dumb cunt.
It never trues to make sense, its just rubber science.
>>
>>68935002
Have you seen the movie? He has a new suit for fucks sake.
Why is Iron Man not using the scrap suit from the first movie? How is he even able to make a better suit?
>>
>>68935002
but we did see them make stuff big in ant-man, so it's not that big a leap?
>>
Everyone lusts about that whore scarlet bitch but my dick is for that virgin sharon carter
>>
>>68935035
How?
>>
>>68935069
Based on lore established in a comic from 63
It doesn't make sense scientifically and it never tried to beyond a handwave.
We accept that, because that's part of the setting. You don't because you're either baiting or a retard.
>>
File: 1461979923122.png (655 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
1461979923122.png
655 KB, 1360x768
>>68935114
Of course we lust for the one with a bondage scene.
>>
>>68935128
Cosmic Power.
>>
>>68926382
>Just because doesn't undo what he did. You don't let someone who's killed a person walk around free just because they're insane. People like that can be dangerous and need to be kept away from society to protect both themselves and others until completely rehabilitated.

To follow on from that, do you think Zemo gave Bucky more orders when he reached him? There's a few ambiguities through the movie that have me thinking so
>>
>>68935160
Man, that sounds far off! What is the science and rules behind that?
>>
>>68935132
So why is it ok to shit all over DC for terrible writing and internal inconsistency (which is true), but when the same comments are directed at Marvel the response is "I-IT'S COMIC BOOKS IT'S NOT MEANT TO MAKE SENSE"
>>
>>68935206
Beyond the understanding of humanity.
>>
>>68935206
Never mind things like lore and characterisation that invest audiences in a story, here's a funny dance and it now works because of the power of love.
>>
>>68935223
DC's shit is bad because they turned away from the comic books and tried to make it "muh religious symbols"
>>
>>68935223
People!e aren't saying BvS is inconsistent because an Alien can fly and shoot laser beams. Nice try.
>>
Yeah, we saw this in Avengers 2. Why are people ignoring this?
>>
>it's another "public blames the superheroes" capeshit movie
What's with this stupid premise? The public may be silly but not dumb enough to blame the Avengers thay Ultron tried to drop a country on Earth
>>
>>68926590
Nah.
I suspect they had a scene with him but they cut it because unlike Snyder, the Russos don't just cram everything into their movies without considering the potential impact it'll have on quality
>>
File: Decidedly.png (634 KB, 820x827) Image search: [Google]
Decidedly.png
634 KB, 820x827
>>
>>68926524
they said in an interview that Fury and Hill have a story wich takes places during the events of Civil War and we will see it soon... i guess in Dr. Strange?
>>
>>68935342
True, but in this they actually blame an Avenger for fucking up and killing people. Mainly because an Avenger fucks up and kills people.
>>
>>68935342
>confirmed for not seeing the movie
The ones mad at the Avengers are those who lost people in the conflicts
>>
>>68935462
Which is their fault how?
>>
File: 1461004310953.gif (4 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1461004310953.gif
4 MB, 320x180
>>68926922
>that scene where Cap kisses the not-dead Carter
>the bickering before
>the nodding in unison after
>>
>>68934966
BP was actually my favourite character. The only objection I have is that Wakanda was supposed to be an ultra high tech country, and it looked like any old African nation.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.