[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Snyder cast white man as Lex Luthor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Lex_(Brave_New_Metropolis).png (194 KB, 461x342) Image search: [Google]
Lex_(Brave_New_Metropolis).png
194 KB, 461x342
Why did Snyder cast white man as Lex Luthor?
>>
black people aren't believable as villains
>>
inb4 people say that the DCAU Lex Luthor isn't black, but is instead some kind of Greek or otherwise Mediterranean.

Horse shit. That dude is clearly black.
>>
>>68922543

so is your real dad
>>
>>68922512
This is true, mostly, but that's not the answer to OP's question; OP's question is spurious anyway.
>>
File: a.jpg (60 KB, 961x545) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
60 KB, 961x545
I wish people would quit using this black lex meme. His animated appearance was based off of Telly Savalas who is greek. He's white, just sometimes more tanned than normal. Usually he's as white as everyone else.
>>
>>68922620
Funny story, I am actually Greek.
>>
>>68922543

Him and Superman are literally the same shade
>>
>>68922812
You be a rayciss,Lex be black
Black men be smart
>>
>>68922488
Clancy Brown is white.
>>
WE
>>
File: JL_Luthor.png (90 KB, 332x250) Image search: [Google]
JL_Luthor.png
90 KB, 332x250
Due to Lex Luthor's pronounced lips and tanned skin, several fans mistakingly thought he was African-American. This is due to the Telly Savalas inspiration for his look - the reason for which is that producer Bruce Timm thought of Clancy Brown's take on Luthor as a "cultured thug", the same way he saw Savalas' Blofeld in On Her Majesty's Secret Service (Timm's favorite Bond film). Sometimes, the animated Luthor is portrayed as being distinctly darker than the people around him, and sometimes (like the shot in "A Little Piece of Home" where Luthor literally puts his face right into Superman's) his skin color is exactly the same as everybody else. Timm is rumored to quip that his Lex Luthor must "tan easily."
>>
>>68922928
>On Her Majesty's Secret Service (Timm's favorite Bond film)

Timm has taste.
>>
>>68922928

Greeks do tan easily to be fair. Not >>68922846
but I'm a fourth Greek and I just have to step out of the door on a sunny day and I'm tanned
>>
>>68922926
WUZ
>>
>>68923070
LEX
>>
>>68922846
Pay back, debts
>>
>>68922543

Commentary on the STAS dvds say they modeled Lex on Telly Savalas.

You are the only nigger that thinks he's black, and you're just a stupid troll like all the rest anyway.

Stupid ass topic every time it's brought up
>>
>>68922892

Mr Krabs is red and his daughter is grey.
>>
>>68922998
my wife's son is 3/8ths greek and literally can't tan, just burns.
>>
>>68922998
I'm Greek, as I said, and yes, tanning is like nothing at all. I never see it happen, because I'm inside myself, but my nieces are, I guess half Greek? The other half seems to be Ubermench Boys from Brazil DNA, because otherwise they're blonde with blue eyes and as tall as my wife... At less than 10 years old. anyway, I saw these kids tan in less than 45 minutes. It was bizarre, seeing it from the outside observer's point of view.
>>
>>68922512
Please end your life as soon as posibile
>>
>>68922928
Shit, Timm has god-tier taste in Bond films.
>>
>>68922512
Niggers are the villains of real life you faggot cuck.
>>
>>68922812

Dude, he has Mr. Popo lips. Cmon son.

t. Black recognizes black
>>
File: 555 come on now.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
555 come on now.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
>>68922812
>greek
>white
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.