[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you think he really was crazy? what if they really were "mk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
do you think he really was crazy? what if they really were "mk ultra" - ing it up in the lighthouse?
>>
>>68914802
by the way how cool is this movie? I really love the atmosphere of it, the setting and time period is cool - would consider this one of scrosese's most fun and unique movies
>>
silly OP, trying to discuss a movie

you're in the wrong board for this son.

shutter was great.
>>
>Leonardo Dicaprio
DROPPED
>>
>>68914802
I think he was crazy 2bh

also I remember this movie because my cat attacked the tv screen when he saw the rats at the beginning of hte film
>>
File: 1410238805692.gif (498 KB, 450x288) Image search: [Google]
1410238805692.gif
498 KB, 450x288
I wish I could add something but it's been too long since I watched it. Really good if I remember correctly. I just had a few flashes of the lighthouse scenes and an interior near the fireplace or something in my mind. Wasn't there a connection to the lighthouse or its location that implied he wasn't crazy even though that was heavily implied throughout the ending sequences. I also recall something about a fence... Fuck I need to watch it now.
>>
>>68916474
you should read the book instead, it's much better
>>
eh atmosphere was good, should've actually been a hannibal lecter type person hiding out on the island who kills and tortures all the doctors in the lighthouse, then little leo walks in and gets hanniballed
>>
There's just something about Mark Ruffalo I inherently dislike
>>
How many people think they're crazy, because people make them crazy?

MK Ultra for sure.
>>
I liked the film but why the fuck do people still ask the question? It was not an ambiguous ending, it's very clearly shown at the end that he's aware
>>
>>68917000
DCuck detected
>>
But what if he was a Marshall and was forced and brainwashed to stay there? And then they keep replaying the act of him being one so nobody suspects he's not crazy?

TLDR;they made him become crazy inadvertently.
>>
>>68917004
Or maybe they broke him into believing that.
>>
>>68914962
Yeah, it was massively underrated when it came out. A neo-scorsese masterpiece and instant classic imo
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.