[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does every alien planet look like canada?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9
File: aeryn pls.jpg (405 KB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
aeryn pls.jpg
405 KB, 3504x2336
why does every alien planet look like canada?
>>
whats canada
>>
>>68910851
because the goold only colonized worlds with rich maple syrup deposits
>>
One of the things SGU did well, one of the only things they did well, was deliver on the alien feeling. Planets felt alien and the aliens felt alien.

It did so many things badly though. Fuck that show.
>>
>>68910851
They're both fictitious places
>>
>>68910851
>Because Canada is actually outer space.

Seriously though if you're from anywhere south of Nebraska it absolutely feels like a Twilight Zone version of the US. A lot of shit is the same but just enough of it is jarringly off.
>>
File: Royal_Cemetery2.jpg (75 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
Royal_Cemetery2.jpg
75 KB, 448x336
>>68910851
it's sad, you never watched FarScape.
>>
>>68910851
>aeryn fan

ma nigga
>>
>>68911371
that looks like canada to me tbqh familia
>>
>>68910851
When did Sun join earth's military?

I never saw the movie... is this cannon?
>>
>>68911407
well then you must have some sort of mental condition where everywhere looks like Canada. Is there a name for this?
>>
>>68911371
In farscape's universe, people from space all mysteriously have Australian accents
>>
>>68911452
That's obviously Canada in the future after Weedman is through with it
>>
>>68911425
She and John used their outer space background to join the stargate project.
>>
>>68911656
why is aeryn having the hots for daniel jackson though? did she break up with john?
>>
>>68911459
And then said accents can be impersonated, despite nobody speaking each other's language and simply understanding the clicks and grunts due to translator microbes.

>am John Crichten
>oh shit, peacekeepers
>it's fine, I'll just speak total fucking bollocks in an English accent and they'll accept me as one of their own
>works EVERY time

>>68911656
I am literally going to watch Stargate and pretend this is the case. Won't make more Farscape? Fine, fuck you, I'll make my own.
>>
>>68910851
Because it's cheap as fuck to shoot in Canada.
Wanna film a comic book movie? Come to Vancouver.
Have a political thriller? Welcome to Toronto.
Trying to make a scary horror set in winter? Well you might have to cross your fingers when you come to Alberta. Our latest winter was shit.
>>
File: robert_carlyle_hitler.jpg (41 KB, 520x580) Image search: [Google]
robert_carlyle_hitler.jpg
41 KB, 520x580
>>68911005
The standout performance was from Robert Carlyle and the ship's atmosphere was done right.

All the teen drama shit and the deus ex machina "communication stones" were awful though.

The rest of the plotlines were hit or miss, but more hits than misses IMO.
>>
>>68913786
>I am literally going to watch Stargate and pretend this is the case. Won't make more Farscape? Fine, fuck you, I'll make my own.

Don't. Their characters are poorly written. Especially Browder's character, he sure as hell is no Crichton.
>>
File: Gorn_Kirk_cannon.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Gorn_Kirk_cannon.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
>>68910851
>why does every alien planet look like califorina?

The because muh progenitors .
>>
File: 1459901699007.jpg (40 KB, 378x485) Image search: [Google]
1459901699007.jpg
40 KB, 378x485
Maybe if you Americucks didn't want everywhere looking like Canada you'd make it more affordable to make movies in your own country

>mfw my campus is literally Xavier's School of Gifted Youngsters
>>
File: Adria_ascended.jpg (119 KB, 1368x1179) Image search: [Google]
Adria_ascended.jpg
119 KB, 1368x1179
>That feel when all those non-Stargate actors from other relavent tv shows and shit started showing up.

Anyone else sorta lose suspension of disbelief at that point?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.