[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MCU Mjolnir "Worthiness" Criteria: Literal Retard Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: hammer-vision.jpg (158 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
hammer-vision.jpg
158 KB, 1200x600
What are Mjolnir's worthiness criteria in the MCU?

Thor
>kills willingly, without remorse
>feels justified because the people he is killing have different beliefs
>"Worthy" by Mjolnir

Cap
>kills willingly, without remorse
>feels justified because the people he is killing have different beliefs
>"Worthy" by Mjolnir

Vision
>existed for 10 fucking seconds
>good intentions I guess, hasn't killed anyone so far, but little is known about him
>"Worthy" by Mjolnir
>If you can wield Mjolnir you have Thor's power, so why did Vision not use his powers + Thor's to ass rape Ultron? This shows a severe lack of judgement and enough to deem him unworthy of Mjolnir

A fucking table
>made in China
>has not killed anyone that we know of
>does not have heroic intentions that we know of
>can support Mjolnir

Iron Man
>a leader who brought the Avengers together and pretty much put the whole team on his back with the missile shit in Avengers 1 and is responsible for the majority of the strategic success, minimal collateral damage
>literally established world peace on his planet - more than a certain Asgardian has been able to do in Asgard
>can't lift the hammer even though he uses his inorganic glove and the hammer can rest/be manipulated on inorganic materials
>>
>>68901915
LOOK
>>
>>68901915
Good thread.
now kill yourself
>>
>>68901933
AT
>>
Its a magic hammer you autist
>>
I'm guessing same as comic books aka "It's Odin magic, I don't have to explain shit."
>>
Killing someone in honorable combat isn't the same as murder, nor is it morally reprehensible (especially if you aren't the aggressor). Also:
>Stark
>being worthy of anything other than liver failure
>>
>>68901915
Look, okay, the hammer can read your heart, okay? Thor is obviously pure at heart, doesn't matter if he kills people, it's his heart that matters, okay?
Ironman obviously feels so guilty , he definitely doesn't have a good heart if he feels guilty, okay?
And as for the ironman suit, well come on bro, by your logic anyone can lift the hammer if they wear regular gloves or they touch the hammer with a cloth or something, come on bro
>>
Weilding Mjolnir isn't about you nice you are or how few people you kill. It's about selflessly defending the 9 realms/creation. Nice cherrypicking though. Must have taken you some time to make this thread.
>>
>>68901993
THE
>>
>>68902211
TIME
>>
>>68901915
MCU Mjolnir is literally just technology, since they already said like 10 times that magic doesn't exist in Asgard. It most likely reads brainwave patterns and whoever is closest to what Odin wants gets to lift it. The only reason Vision was able to lift it is because he's not alive, and counted as a table or rack holding Mjolnir, or due to the mind gem.

Comic book Mjolnir is a bit different, in that you have to be "worthy" but according to how Odin views worthyness. Therefore killing is a plus, if you are doing it for a good cause, and it's why people like spidey or daredevil could never lift it. It also searches your heart to know if you are truly selfless and pure, which is why Dr. Doom couldn't lift it either, since he's a piece of shit deep down.
>>
File: uuuu.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
uuuu.gif
1 MB, 480x270
Great thread, OP.
>>
Asgardian technology meets human technology.

Vision basically decodes its lock.
>>
File: pizza time.png (444 KB, 654x633) Image search: [Google]
pizza time.png
444 KB, 654x633
>>68902385
hat soo neh mee koooo
>>
>>68901915
I believe the hammer has a lot to do with the wielders ego or for simpler minds, how cluttered one's thought processes are and how much a person lets his surface thoughts control him.

If a person is in a calm, honest state without letting his emotions or agendas caused by overthinking run wild, he can basically carry the hammer.
>>
Thor
>knows great power corrupts
>knows how to wield great power
>selfless

Cap
>soldier who lacks clear motivation
>fights against those wielding power for evil and does it for the right reasons
>relatively selfless

Vision
>innocent but has memories from ultron who wields great power
>knows this power corrupts and seeks to free those from its corruption
>selfless

Iron man
>egotistical
>uses machines to assist him so he has never had true power
>his selflessness comes as a character arc and never really sticks
>manlet
>>
>>68901915
You're kind of a dumbass, OP.

Thanks, here's your (You).
>>
>>68901915
Mjolnir only lets learned people weild it.

Iron Man is a manlet.
>>
>literally establishes world peace on his planet
Literally does not happen, and is only mentioned by Tony himself at the height of his ego in Iron Man 2.
>>
YOU MUST BE THIS TALL TO RIDE THE HAMMER
>>
>>68901915
>If you can wield Mjolnir you have Thor's power, so why did Vision not use his powers + Thor's to ass rape Ultron? This shows a severe lack of judgement and enough to deem him unworthy of Mjolnir
He's more powerful than Thor. Thor power doesn't serve any purpose for him.
>>
>Vision
>implying anyone cares about this shit character who will obviously die so Thanos can get the jewel in his head
>>
>>68902356
They said that magic is science. That doesn't make it not magic. Anything that you can study is a science.
>>
>>68904626
Mjolnir doesn't give you Thor's power. His power comes from within himself, and he just channels it through the hammer. All Mjolnir does in canon continuity is let you hit stuff really hard. It only used to give you Thor's power when Odin made Thor Donald Blake and put all his power in Mjolnir. Like Cap with Mjolnir vs Thor would still result in Thor kicking his ass, since all cap has is a hammer that hits really hard, but Thor still has everything else.
>>
>>68904782
in MCU I don't think we've ever seen Thor fly without the hammer
>>
File: marvel-height-chart.png (2 MB, 2976x1110) Image search: [Google]
marvel-height-chart.png
2 MB, 2976x1110
>>68902706
>manlet
HEUREKA!!! I got it guys. Pic related

Taller actors are more likely to wield the hammer.

>Paul Bettany has Hemsworth height and his character can wield the hammer
>Evans comes after Bettany/Hemsworth and can almost lift it
>everyone else can't do shit
>Johansson didn't even try
>Hulk transformation doesn't count, Ruffalo himself has still his height

Hiddleston is an anomaly so far.
>>
>>68901915
>It's a tonyfag thread
Go create an engine of destruction and give it AI
>>
>>68905116
based Star Lord
>>
>>68901915
Only those who do not question fractional reserve banking can lift it.
>>
>>68901915
Mjolnir is a weapon for Norse kings

Cap is the perfect soldier, but kingly he ain't.

He lacks the absolute surety of action, the desire to rule and be a lord, and I wouldn't be surprised if to be worthy you had to feast, fuck, and fight to excesses worthy of being a literal god of Thunder

Worthiness isn't just being a boyscout, it's about being a fucking Thunder God at heart
>>
>>68905116
>5'11 renner
>6'0 evans
>>
>>68905116
>tfw Chris Pratt tier
Yesss
>>
>>>68901915 (OP)
>LOOK

The "reply with first word of a stupid repeated quote in all caps" thing is the worst part of /tv/. If you think this is funny then kill self please. I fucking hate all of you.
>>
>>68901915
They're killing robots and bug monsters that want to destroy humanity.

Are you always a punk bitch, OP? Or do you just pretend to be for (you)s?
>>
File: quipmastersupreme.jpg (114 KB, 461x483) Image search: [Google]
quipmastersupreme.jpg
114 KB, 461x483
>You have a magic hammer!
>That's awesome, dude!
when will spidey pick up the hammer?
>>
>>68902356
Does that mean that The Punisher could wield it?
>>
Last time I was here a baby was lifting the hammer in space after Cap and Tony had flung him there via a blanket catapult.

How is he?
>>
IM BLOWING THE LID OFF THIS WHOLE THING

ONLY PEOPLE WITH BLONDE HAIR AND BLUE EYES CAN WEILD THE HAMMER, HITLERS GOAL AND THE DESCRIPTION OF THE PERFECT HUMAN ACCORDING TO THE NORSE MYTHOLOGY

DISNEY HAS A DEEP HISTORY IN ANTISEMITISM PROPAGANDA AND ARE REALLY FLEXING THEIR DICKS SUBTLY WITH THIS HAMMER THING, BUT THEY COULDNT FOOL ME

IM GIVING THIS MOVIE A 10/10 IF ITS TRUE
>>
>>68905116
>>68906238
THAT'S IT

THE PLOT THICKENS

HIDDLESTON IS TALL BUT DOESN'T HAVE BLOND HAIR
>>
>>68906378
HE'S ALSO PART ICE MONSTER, WHICH WE ALL KNOW IS DISNEY CODE FOR jew.
>>68906238
BUT HOW IS VISION ARYAN? DUDE'S FUCKING RED.
>>
>>68902706
>Iron man
>>egotistical
>>uses machines to assist him so he has never had true power
>>his selflessness comes as a character arc and never really sticks
>>manlet
more like
>Scared
>Insicure
>Knows what the right thing to do is, doesn't know how to get there.
>Manlet
>>
>>68906453
>DUDE'S FUCKING RED.
JUST LIKE THE RISING SUN ON JAPAN'S FLAG. HONORARY ARYANS
>>
>>68906537
>implying

kill yourself, subhuman gook. Nazis considered native Americans Aryans.
>>
>>68902020
>I'm guessing same as comic books aka "It's Odin magic, I don't have to explain shit."
Almost. Comic and movie function the same, Odin decides whether the wielder is worthy of mjolnir. In the comics Odin has allowed others (Beta Ray Bill, Captain America, Superman Storm, to name a few) to wield it in a time of need. The same thought could be applied to the MCU a bit. Thor was unworthy for awhile to hold mjolnir in the first movie until it was time to save others. Cap was almost worthy in AoU, but he had no need for it so it stayed down in the end. Vision had need of it to prove his case that they should trust him, so mjolnir moved for him.
>>
>>68906453
VISIONS COSTUME DESIGN IS STRIKINGLY SIMILAR TO A FAMOUS NORSE MYTHOLOGICAL CHARACTER WHO BANISHES A CERTAIN TYPE OF SNEAKY SKEEVING EVIL THAT DOESNT FIGHT WITH WEAPONS BUT WITH SNEAKY TACTICS AND DECEPTION - LITERALLY THE JEWS. THIS SHIT JUST KEEPS GETTING DEEPER

OH MY GOD IF THERE IS MORE NORSE/ANTISEMITIC PROPAGANDA IN CIVIL WAR I WILL SHIT A BRICK

HOLY SHIT MARVEL
>>
what if a make a control remote robot
does it can lift
>>
Are those threads some kind of bizzare Disney shilling?
>>
>>68906762
What Norse myth?
>>
File: mjolnir in SPAAACE!.jpg (13 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
mjolnir in SPAAACE!.jpg
13 KB, 194x259
>>68901915
The only explanation that makes sense for the MCU is that VIsion is able to pick up the hammer because he is not considered to be a living being. No one at the party is able to pick the hammer up, but if they could've lifted the coffee table it was on. As for worthiness-criteria; I'm not sure, though I am sure you'd have to do some mental gymnastics to come up with a set without much trouble. Also, the comicbook continuity says that literally anyone can wield the hammer in an environment lacking gravity, so it's implied that the enchantment involves gravity somehow.
>>
HULK IS SHIT

He's such a boring character. You have to waste 15 minutes on the fag going berserk.
>>
File: mjolnir in SPAAACE!.jpg (131 KB, 450x693) Image search: [Google]
mjolnir in SPAAACE!.jpg
131 KB, 450x693
>>68906913
just realized how shit that image is. this one isnt much better.
>>
>>68906913
you could weild, but it wouldn't give you thor's superpowers, also you could throw it and expect it come back, or summon lighting.

you could just hold it like a normal hammer
>>
>>68907017
>>68907107
Yeah, I don';t know the extent to which you can "wield" the hammer in space, but Red Hulk seems to conjure lightning with a swing in that panel.
>>
>>68907172
i don't know m8, doesn't look like much. maybe its there for artistic purposes like flash's lighting when he runs at superspeed
>>
>>68906453
VISION IS RED BUT PAUL BETTANY IS BLOND

BOOM
>>
>>68901915
Asgardians are a warrior culture, broheim. You think they give a flying shit about who kills who?
>>
>>68902143
>Killing someone in honorable combat isn't the same as murder, nor is it morally reprehensible (especially if you aren't the aggressor).
>>
Vision is powered by a piece of God himself, of course he can pick it up
>>
>>68905116
so no rudd, mackie (clarence) and the rest.........

>you should feel bad
>>
>>68906033
Spiderman can't pick it up because he masturbates
>>
>>68908396
Oh no I just realized Vision doesn't have a dinger. Why even live?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.