[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your hopes for the new Star Trek series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13
File: USS_Enterprise.jpg (32 KB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
USS_Enterprise.jpg
32 KB, 640x344
What are your hopes for the new Star Trek series?
>>
None. It's too late.
>>
Hope it has an autist like Data / TOS Spock, instead of a creep like Heroes serial killer guy Spock.
>>
Anthology
Bad guys that are actually a threat
>>
>>68898138
>What are your hopes for the new Star Trek series?
Isn't it internet only or did they shitcan that terrible idea?
>>
>>68899165
It's gonna be on CBS with the Hannibal creator as showrunner.
>>
More of what made Enterprise great: Showing us how the federation became what it is in TOS/TNG/etc.

Or an entire mirrorverse series.
>>
>>68898138
That it doesn't linger in the pre-TNG era.
>>
Why did they change the phasers to pew pew lasers in the new adaptions.

Will it be like this in the new series as well?
>>
>>68899301
>>68898138
Also: Exploration! A show about understanding the unknown or rather understanding the human condition through facing the unknown
>>
What I dream of:
>a somewhat retro series set on a lesser starship (think: the USS Saratoga in Star Trek IV), during the late years of the cold war with the Klingons. Concurrent with (but unknowing of) the events of TWOK/TSFS, this [Miranda?, Oberth-class?] starship and its crew, some great, some not-so-great, are tasked with exploring the fringes of the Alpha Quadrant, maintaining friendly relationships with the independent worlds and peoples there, and trying to keep the next potential proxy war with the Klingons/Romulans from breaking out. Horneresque soundtracks, blue-tinted SFX palettes, and classic red uniforms, and classic bad guys reign supreme in this highly militaristic, almost BSG-ish take on Trek that mixes season-spanning arcs with episodic adventures in a way that Farscape would be proud of.

What we'll probably get:
>more of the typical Jewish Hollywood tripe, with a strong, independent womyn captain (who needs no man, aside from her 1st mate and his BBC) and a transgendered/non-white crew as they save space refugees from the intolerant shitlords of the Alpha Quadrant. The Reddit/iO9 crowd will love it.
>>
>>68899301
pre-TNG (TOS-movies) is best era, style-wise.

>top-tier uniforms with variants for different purposes
>spartan militaristic naval set design
>anachronistic naval traditions
>okudagrams like in tng plus buttons like in tos
>all ships from tng minus galaxy already available
>>
File: 1461824147803.gif (236 KB, 210x260) Image search: [Google]
1461824147803.gif
236 KB, 210x260
>>68898138
explorey girls doing explorey things
>>
>>68899679
A show set on an Excelsior or Ambassador beginning with an intervention at the Khitomer massacre and ending with a ship sacrifice at Neandra IV or something similar would be fantastic, with the crew exploring, fighting off the Romulans, and forging cautious new friendships with the Klingons in the interim, would be utterly god-tier if done well.

Better yet, set it on the Enterprise C with a re-cast crew, because then the audience knows exactly how it will end and getting to know the crew members so much better will make their predetermined fate that much more tragic.
>>
File: 1391398027012.jpg (50 KB, 414x560) Image search: [Google]
1391398027012.jpg
50 KB, 414x560
I don't know what your hopes for this are, but you better start toning them down by about 90%.

It'll come out in the year 2017, meaning it'll have one, or all, of the following:

>entire crew made up of every nationality under the rainbow for representation
>female lead and/or captain
>at least 3 blacks
>everything dumbed down for casual normalfags
>lightsabers
>the doctor is a genderless panromantic who identifies as a klingon
>>
i want space marines

in all the other series i assume there was a lowerdecks area with the squad from aliens who went down and pacified any real danger before the officers/bridge crew came down and played hero

i want a series about them killin bugs toppling govs raping occasional pretty crew from the upper decks

add some cgi armor like starship troopers should have had and i am all in
>>
why anyone thinks we can replicate the relative innocence of 90s TV shows is beyond me. we can't make them anymore - we shouldn't try. there's a reason why BSG became one of the most popular TV shows - it recognized that fact and went in the opposite direction. it's why Game of Thrones and House of Cards are ruling TV right now.

>>68900075
>>everything dumbed down for casual normalfags
this will be the main problem. teenagers know Star Trek mainly from the 2 recent movies, which bear only a passing resemblance to the original futuristic-utopian vision. people are having a much harder time imagining a positive vision of the future, which I think in impacting the style and content of these movies in a negative way.

besides, the geeky fanbase that maintained this as a vibrant franchise during the long march from the 60's til TNG, DS9 and Voyager resurrected it for another generation has since gone mainstream - that is to say it's been diluted beyond recognition. everything that is secretly good eventually accrues popularity until the tipping point when it becomes mainstream: the Eternal September factor.

>>entire crew made up of every nationality under the rainbow for representation
>implying this hasn't been the case since TOS
>>
>>68900075
American gay/feminist propaganda is out of control.
>>
>>68899679
Only that Star Trek isn't supposed to be "militaristic".
>>
>>68900201
Space marines would be kinda dumb unless the show was set in constant war and even then pretty much every battle is fought either in space or the Enterprise can just BTFO everything from orbit.
>>
>>68898138
More focus on political scheming and longer-running atory arcs on the political front that develop independently of the main cast in the background.
>>
>>68900075
>crew made up of every nationality
the new star trek movies weren't like this, so there's some hope that they don't mess with lore.
>female lead/captain
I think that the captain will be male, but yeah it is possible that they turn the captain into some kind of cliche carebear character.
>at least 3 blacks
that's doubtful imo. one african american character will be present at least
>everything dumbed down
maybe
>lightsabers
kek
>doctor character is a mess
I think that they might try to introduce a Troi character, but more like what you said.
>>
>>68900075
Star Trek has always been liberal son. You see original series was way ahead of its time with a black woman and Asian man. TNG had Geordi and Worf which are two great characters which happen to be black, so please gtfo with that dumb /pol/ shit. Your racist ways will not be tolerated in the Federation.
>>
It should be about the start of the Federation and defeating bigotry, intolerance, poverty, basically how it becomes Utopian society.
>>
Unergonomic phasers
>>
>>68905209
Maybe we'll even see them jettisoning Khan into deep space after he nukes DC
>>
File: download (3).jpg (4 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
4 KB, 257x196
>>68905001
They better fucking not mess with Lore
>>
that fuller gets dropped to creative consultant and producer and meyer is made showrunner and given full control
>>
>>68905475
Sounds kind of petty.

You know Bryan Fuller is responsible for some of the best episodes of Voyager, right? He has earned the right to get a little faith of your heart.
>>
>this thread
>people forgetting about the progressive stuff that defined the series from its beginning
It's like Star Trek is too deep for you. How this is possible I don't know but it seems you missed the entire message of the show.
>>
>>68905427
i wouldn't mind seeing a younger kindof old dr. soong
>>
>>68905662
you're kind of right, but im not trying to be petty and i still want him there.

im just more curious about what exactly meyer would do. i trust meyer more with casting and making collaborative writing decisions, i know the target for him would be a blending of pure quality and doing the material/franchise justice. fuller has always sounded a little more pandering.
>>
>>68905750
I doubt they will go down the retro road at all. Latest news suggest they go into uncharted territory i.e. the future. And this is what they should. I am tired of this Iunderstoodthatreference.gif stuff.
>>
>>68905062
You're also forgetting Haskell and Keiko.
Also, TOS had Chekov who was Russian and it was interesting to see a Russian presented in a positive light during the Cold War.

Yeah, if any Sci-fi show would have a diverse cast, it'd be Star Trek. My only wish would be to not have retarded identity politics because Star Trek society is supposed to be above that.
>>
>>68898138
That's it's not Daily Show tier in its politics that's all.
>>
>>68905901
>Especially at that time, NBC was the first network to become all-color. And in tandem to that, it was presenting itself as the ‘Network of Color,’ so to speak.”

Neo-/tv/ would get so assblasted if this happened today.
>>
>>68899599

You definitely won't get what you want: A smart show that raises issues of ethics, philosophy, and is a thinking person's show.

>What we'll probably get:
>>more of the typical Jewish Hollywood tripe, with a strong, independent womyn captain (who needs no man, aside from her 1st mate and his BBC) and a transgendered/non-white crew as they save space refugees from the intolerant shitlords of the Alpha Quadrant. The Reddit/iO9 crowd will love it.

I'm expecting this. The female lead will look like a super model but will be able to bench press 9,000 pounds, defeat an entire battalion of Klingons single-handedly without weapons, will be able to win 9,000 simultaneous games of 3-D chess against Vulcans, and will be named Captain Major General LaQueisha Ramirez.
>>
>>68898138
My hopes are that it will be great, with likable characters who have believable relationships with one another, and develop in some significant way over the course of the series.

My expectations on the other hand are for mediocrity at best. In all media from TV/Movies, to vidya, and pretty much anything that has to be bought really, I hope for the best but expect that it's going to be mediocre or shit.
>>
I think CCH Pounder would make a good captain.
>>
File: geordi-la-forge.jpg (74 KB, 578x316) Image search: [Google]
geordi-la-forge.jpg
74 KB, 578x316
>>68898138

Much much more Repolarizing the tachyon phase modulator and rerouting the subroutines to the particle dioxomine regulatory matrix.
>>
>>68906979
Bryan Fuller hates Voyager, so that's unlikely.
>>
>>68906388

Honestly Id be fine with all of the actors from warehouse 13 being in the show desu senpai
>>
>>68906979
We're experiencing a power drain on deck 6!
>>
>>68898138
Full frontal...
>>
>>68898138
An episode featuring the OUTRAGEOUS Okona.
>>
File: loudasawhisper_hd_262.jpg (332 KB, 1458x1080) Image search: [Google]
loudasawhisper_hd_262.jpg
332 KB, 1458x1080
>>68898138
Characters that are spooky skeletons
>>
There's hope in these dubs
>>
File: checkingdem.jpg (22 KB, 252x249) Image search: [Google]
checkingdem.jpg
22 KB, 252x249
>>68908099
checked
>>
Won't the crew change every season if it's a seasonal anthology? Why are you gamergaters so bitter always all the time? We'll get to see all sorts of crews.
>>
Andorian Captain with a Vulcan Number 1
>>
File: Pol in 2370 - Star Trek.jpg (46 KB, 531x466) Image search: [Google]
Pol in 2370 - Star Trek.jpg
46 KB, 531x466
>>68905062
/pol/ has the best Trek threads, faggot.
>>
>>68908580
Then go back to them.
>>
>>68908647
That wasn't me and he was the one who brought up /pol/, cunt.
>>
>>68906388
Amanda Waller might be a good choice if they want to go down the black woman route.
>>
File: medium_trek-dream-team-geordi.jpg (21 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
medium_trek-dream-team-geordi.jpg
21 KB, 240x240
>>68907548

Quick regulate the harmonic photon replicator with the transfered subspace field control with inhibitor warp polarity!
>>
>>68908810
That seems to have done the trick, but now we seem to be getting some sort of feedback loop from the auxiliary power converters, and if we don't find a way to deal with that soon, the deflector dish will overload, and cause a warp core breach!
>>
File: Data_crying.jpg (289 KB, 1176x798) Image search: [Google]
Data_crying.jpg
289 KB, 1176x798
>>68908913

I believe you were to have regulated the baffle magnaspanner with gravitic subspace linear polarity inducers when you recalibrated the Heisenberg mutual pulse compression wave with bio-neural algorithm.

It is all very simple.
>>
a crew of all white badasses destroy inferior mutant scum.
>>
File: mBX8-k6z7Q67LTay86UI-Xw.jpg (12 KB, 225x204) Image search: [Google]
mBX8-k6z7Q67LTay86UI-Xw.jpg
12 KB, 225x204
>>68899301
>Not wanting a trek how with these bitchin uniforms
>>
>>68910212
The mini skirts, please bring back the mini's.
>>
Not the JJverse. That is my only criteria.

>tfw JJ retconned the work of Michael Piller bc he finds worldbuilding and continuity tedious
>>
File: Salad.jpg (43 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Salad.jpg
43 KB, 300x400
>>68898138
More Neelix.
>>
>>68910212
>>68910650
I just realized that Zapp Brannigan's uniform is basically that without pants.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.