[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No /film/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: justporemyshitupfam.png (932 KB, 825x991) Image search: [Google]
justporemyshitupfam.png
932 KB, 825x991
No /film/?
>>
File: 1411571479953.jpg (27 KB, 616x402) Image search: [Google]
1411571479953.jpg
27 KB, 616x402
>>68897467
>>
>people still think /film/ is a good idea after the disaster and complete failure that it was
>these are the same people who post regularly in /lbg/ threads, people who are some of the most cancerous shit posting faggots on 4chan
>>
>>68897583
Every new board gets invaded you newfaggot
>>
>>68897467
It can't exist when there's so many people on /tv/ that are proud to be cancer and are so insecure about some anons not wanting to partake in their shit.

They've turned /tv/ into a designated shitposting board.
>>
juz post anniethin?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
MUUUUAHHHHhhhhhhh the/film/boardhasalwaysbeen celebratedforits shitpost
>>
>>68898059
>>68897808
post some kino my son
>>
>>68897467

>wanting a pleb /film/ board
>not wanting a /kino/ board where you have to pass a non-pleb test to get in

I understand why you're on /tv/ famalam
>>
>>68898164
what will the test be?

i think it should have stills of scenes and you have to name the film. You only have like 10 seconds to name it. This will weed out the plebs since they won't have time to googlefu
>>
>>68898059
Kek
>>
How about sending superhero movies to /co/?
>>
Nxbdbhx
>>
just go on /qst/ and write a collaborative story about it.
>>
>>68897467
i would agree wholeheartedly my good man but only if there could be some sort of guarantee of a stickied pest general thread
>>
So, let's start. Which was the last film you seen? What are your plans seeing tonight
>>
>>68903194
Plan on watching Elite Squad.
>>
>>68903518
Nice. Brazilfag here, 2nd one is one of top 10 kinos. Many prefer the first though.
>>
>>68897583
>people still think /film/ is a good idea after the disaster and complete failure that it was

Wot
>>
>>68903194
watched A Brighter Summer Day last night, best I've seen in a long time
>>
>>68903518
Shit film desu. Huehuemonkeys can't into cinema.
>>
>>68898628
/co/ here.

No.
>>
>>68897583
what you're saying is that you got YIKES'd and embryo'd so hard that you started spamming BBC on /film/ to try to sabotage it?
>>
>>68903194
Saw The Life of Emile Zola last night.
Will probably be watching American Beauty later.
>>
please don't let /film/ exist

this is how it would go down: most users will be people in their late teens, insecure morons who seriously believe they can be "patricians". people who build their weak self-esteems around their supposed superior taste in film.

of course they don't know how to argue that, because it's a retarded notion and it can't be even argued, so they will instead shit on the tastes and opinions of the rest to validate themselves. they're unaware of how ridiculous they are.

any board where the majority unironically believes in the pleb vs patrician false dichotomy (/mu/, /a/, /lit/) is shit. /tv/ isn't like that, and that's why /tv/ is great, despite the ever growing /v/ cancer.
>>
>>68905845
Sup pleb. 'See any entertaining flicks lately? 'Gotta escape that life of yours :^)
>>
>/pretension/

I hope it does happen, it will get all of you self important faggots out of here and we can have fun and serious conversation without some faggot posting "muh foreign film that is 100x better than any american studio trash"
>>
>>68906012
>"muh foreign film that is 100x better than any american studio trash"

but this is true most of the time, senpai
i mean, you're comparing a single country with the rest of the world
>>
>>68906012
agreed, the people bitching about Capeshit are worse than Capeshit.
>>
>>68903194
>tumblr
>>
>>68905904
>got to escape that life of yours

When in reality, people who can take films seriously AND non seriously are the ones with lives, they go back to their familes, friends, gf's etc. While all "patricians" sit alone and HAVE to watch something that takes a lot of consentration and thought so their actual shit lives don't get a chance to creep into their mind.

I bet you hate a good action film and are a bitter faggot
>>
>>68906092
It was one example of the million pretentious bullshit things faggots whi think /film/ is a good idea come out with.
>>
>>68905845
By what definition is /tv/ great? It's non-stop meme and shitposting with the occasional movie discussion that rarely if ever covers more than calling a movie "goat" or "shit". How is this better than /a/ and /mu/ at the very worst pretending to enjoy their hobbies for cred? At least they talk about art like the board is designed
>>
>>68898399
What stills do you have in mind? I'm curious to see what level I'm at. I feel like they shouldn't be insanely obscure and unclear shots, but still you couldn't name if you hadn't heard of the movir
>>
File: 1a2.jpg (5 KB, 215x268) Image search: [Google]
1a2.jpg
5 KB, 215x268
>>68905766
>Saw The Life of Emile Zola last night.
>muh Oscarbait biopic
>American Beauty
>muh shitty Oscar-winner
>>
remember when /film/ was good?
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 179x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 179x181
>>68906239
>4chan is designed to discuss art
lol

>/mu/
/mu/ represents the biggest faggots on this website.

When someone is "into" music, they are typically already a faggot. But when you get really snobby and contrarian about music, you transcend into a completely higher level of faggotry. People can be snobby about movies and literature and still be cool but being a cunt about music is the true mark of a permavirgin hipster shitstain.

>/a/
To be honest /a/ is just as bad for anime discussion, just in a different way. I assume this is because anime fans are terrible people. I know I am. I just hate everything and everyone thus I shitpost and laugh all day on 4chan because anime can rarely be discussed in anyway other than shitposting, it's usually too targeted to a certain fetish or just makes no logical sense that can be split and talked about and it shouldn't be. pic related, typical anime face I post while shitposting.
>>
>>68906593
You sound like a real winner.
>>
>>68903845
Better than Yi Yi?

I got half way through Brighter Summer and realised all the characters look the same and I didnt know who was who. Gonna try it again when im not so ill and racist.
>>
>>68903194
The Tree of Life. It was pretty amazing. I'm not sure what to watch next. I have such a large backlog that it terrifies me.
>>
>>68906593
If you genuinely enjoy shitposting and forced memes, feel free to stay on /tv/ while others go to /film/. Or if this place dies, you can always migrate to /b/
>>
>>68906140
>While all "patricians" sit alone and HAVE to watch something that takes a lot of consentration and thought so their actual shit lives don't get a chance to creep into their mind.
You're presuming an awful lot there, anon. A film takes up maybe two hours of the day. That gives me a whole 22 hours to let my shit life get a chance to creep into my mind.
>I bet you hate a good action film and are a bitter faggot
Nope. They're enjoyable, but they're not really worth any extensive discussion unless it's among friends and casual.
>>
>>68897583
the "and movies" part was a misstep
>>
>>68898059
lmfao
>>
>>68906593
It must be pretty shit having no genuine interest or enthusiasm in anything other than memes.
>>
>>68905845
>people who build their weak self-esteems around their supposed superior taste in film.
This is the argument I see in every thread. Why are you people so convinced that an interest in film is an attempt to boost ones self esteem? That's idiotic, and the argument has no basis in fact.

If you don't like /film/ (if it ever actually happens), don't fucking go there. There's no need to be insecure about it, just ignore the fucking board.

>/tv/ is great
Nice to see you sprinkled some fresh bait onto your post.
>>
>>68906012
>"muh foreign film that is 100x better than any american studio trash"
Don't knock 'em till you try 'em pal.
>>
>>68903194
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
Im finishing the Vengeance trilogy later tn
>>
>>68904073
They're your hellspawn
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.