[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>written by michael green >he wrote green lantern >he´s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 10
>written by michael green
>he wrote green lantern
>he´s writing blade runner sequel too

FUCKING WHY RIDLEY
>>
one person can hardly be blamed for green lantern, that movie's scripting process was a total mess with too many cooks
>>
File: 3498239043.png (181 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
3498239043.png
181 KB, 500x279
>mfw Alien 3 copped out and killed Bishop, Hicks, and Newt in a completely undignified way.

At this point I just pretend that Aliens was the last in the series and that Ripley finally overcame her fears.
>>
C'mon now, a modern Ridley Scott flick was never going to be good.
>>
>>68897383
Hicks is alive according to the canon video game.
Newt is alive if the Blomkamp movie happens.
>>
>>68896767
ridley scott is gone man.
>prometheus
>exodus gods and kangz
>the martian
admit it, we'll never have another good alien movie or a decent blade runner sequel.
>>
>>68897426
At this point he's going to have to wait until Ridley is done, since he's naming all of his movies "Alien" now. So the studios will probably give up on him thank god.
>>
>>68897383
Alien 3 is a good movie, go fuck yourself. The Alien Trilogy is the greatest trilogy because it succeeds in spectacularly 3 genres. Horror, Action and Thriller.
>>
>>68897518
What is this shit? And why is this autist forcing this shit in every thread? B& when?
>>
>>68897383
>copped out
A cop out would have been a safe, boring story line where they all survived. Killing off the people that Ripley had grown an attachment too (after learning that her own daughter had died of old age for Christ's sake) helped the character grow and become what she needed to be on a planet full of criminals following a basic "higher power" structure of rehabilitation, a fucking alien, and the queen that was growing inside of her.
>>
>>68897521
>Alien 3 is a good movie
David Fincher disagrees.
>>
>>68896767

Ridley Scott has gone senile now. he doesnt care about the script he just cares about making it look good.

the sooner he dies the sooner his legacy is saved from himself.
>>
>>68897696
Assembly Cut is interesting, 3 is not as bad as Fincher makes it out to be, I think he was young and too hypercritical of himself.
>>
>>68897696
David Fincher can go fuck himself. He made pure kino and flinched to the wrath of pop culture cretins who only care about silly popcorn power fantasies.
>>
>>68896767
>non-numbered sequel/prequel
nope, they could of just named it "Alien: JUST", pretty much the same meaning
>>
>>68897440
>or a decent blade runner sequel
Denis Villeneuve is directing. If there ever was a chance of it being good, this is it.
>>
>>68896767
>Michael Green
>Green Lantern
>dominant color of Alien Covenant promo title pic is green
>we're greentexting right now
WHAT DOES IT MEAN
>>
>>68897891
P O T T E R Y
>>
>>68897891
who are you quoting
>>
>>68896767
ridley is shit now
>>
File: Alien-Concept-Art-Hicks.jpg (77 KB, 480x601) Image search: [Google]
Alien-Concept-Art-Hicks.jpg
77 KB, 480x601
>>68896767
I just want them to get this over with and make the movie so we can get this next.

I alost feel bad for Ridley that people started booing at the mere mention of Alien Covenant.
>>
File: closer.jpg (61 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
closer.jpg
61 KB, 500x334
>>
>>68898099
I think it would be shit, but at least it's healing Alien 3's initial fuck up and Resurrection's Joss Whedon.
>>
>>68897383
why is Rusev so fucking based lads?
>>
>>68897426
the video game is absolute shit and its canon status was pure marketing

the concept art of Blomkapm's fan-fiction sequel to Aliens is utter garbage, and both are the result of retarded manchildren who couldn't cope with a meaningful sense of loss in a fictional universe, where overcoming fears and obstacles doesn't necessarily mean that your remaining life is gonna work out well, if at all
>>
>>68898870
Nothing about the A3 copout was meaningful. A third movie had to be made but the production was a mess and they couldn't get all people on board. It will forever look clumsy. Why would we pretend it was an important artistic decision?
Same people who smugly tell other people to deal with it also can't deal that they made other movies to the franchise "ruining" their perfect trilogy. And yet all of them were no less canon. Including AVP. Then Ridley Scott retconned it in Prometheus making the idea of excluding some movies official.
Well I guess Prometheus is a fan fiction film then.
>>
>le prometheus was bad meme
>le alien movie needs a stoppard tier script to be good meme
>>
>>68899103
>original creator makes a sequel with changes I personally don't agree with
>it's fan-fiction

not how it works, dumbshit
>>
>>68899158
>a movie is a fan fiction when I say it is

Yeah, Fincher will cry so hard when they change HIS story.
>>
File: image.png (326 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
326 KB, 640x480
>>68896767
>>
>>68897426
You aren't seriously accepting that as canon, are you?
>xenos can suddenly change into different forms that can explode at will and spray acid like some fucking mary sue power rangers shit
>this was done to change up the combat and so little faggots, conditioned to need constant stimulation, don't say the xeno is boring, not to mention profit from the new toy lines
>this adds nothing to the xeno lore whatsoever
>convoluted, laughable story with Hicks doing some cryo tube body swap shit with a company merc and WY bases on LV-426
>xenos on the Sulaco out of fucking nowhere because the plot needs them
It's the shittiest story ever written and if it was made into a film it'd be on par with the fucking Hunger Games or Divergent.
What in God's name is happening to critical thought?
>>
>>68899103
You keep saying it's a copout, but the entire movie is centered around loss

Sounds to me that you're just a fag who, similarly to blomkamp and those nerds at gearbox, couldn't emotionally handle the loss of some likeable characters, and be denied of their fairytale ending
>>
>>68899404
Alien/Predator franchise has no solid canon. Everything ignores at least some parts of the existing franchise. It's like the fans are encouraged to choose their own canon.
>>
>>68899462
Not him but headkino is best kino, although I like Alien^3 and didn't mind the deaths, although it would be cool to see Hicks again.
>>
>>68896767
Don't forget that Hampton Fancher is writing it too plus Denis Villeneuve directing and Roger Deakins is shooting it. I'm hoping all that talent will keep Michael Green in check
>>
a movie is fanfiction if the original creator had nothing to do with the creative process of making it
>>
>>68899103
AVP was never canon, fucktard.
>>
>>68899485
which parts are not canon?
>>
>>68899462
There is no loss just a clear signal of the problems with the production. Otherwise it wouldn't have looked so retarded. It's almost funny especially right after Aliens.
Of course some idiots needed to build an entire belief system around that usually targeted against Aliens. Too bad other parts of the movie aren't even better especially the characters.
Soon it won't matter anyway.
>>
>>68899560
Hampton Fancher is co-writing Blade Runner 2 so good thing it won't be fanfiction
>>
>>68899561
>because I say so
>>
>>68899560
You just retconned a century of filmmaking with your 21st century concept.
Does that make your opinion also a fanfiction?
>>
>>68899602
>Of course some idiots needed to build an entire belief system around that usually targeted against Aliens. Too bad other parts of the movie aren't even better especially the characters.
Soon it won't matter anyway.

the fuck?
>>
>>68899485
>Alien/Predator franchise has no solid canon

Oh, but it does.
>Alien
>Aliens
>Alien 3
>Alien:Resurrection
Stop trying to push Blomfags shitty idea, faggot.
>>
>>68899694
no, it makes it headcanon, but only if no one agrees with me
>>
>>68899521
Weaver said, and she's right, that a filmmaker can use whatever inspires him in his work. Starting again right after Aliens might be a popular, obvious choice. But only because it's the right choice.
>>
>Michael Green
>Green
>Green Lantern
>Green
>Alien poster its green
>Green
Its going to be great.
>>
>>68899708
>Prometheus is a fanfic because I don't like it

Fox disagrees anyway and throws the video games into the mix too. In a couple years the franchise will have official crossroads with A3 and Blomkamp's Aliens on opposite sides.
>>
>>68899723
technically, alien, prometheus and blade runner take place in the same universe, which is called the 'ridleyverse'

Aliens, A3, 4, the comics and the AVP movies are more based around Fox's version of the same universe, and that one doesn't include BR
>>
I would only watch if they make Winnona Ryder the android Totally-Not-Newt from the comics fucks...
>>
>>68896767
why won't they just let the franchise die? its only getting worse
>>
>>68899865
well the comics are super non-canon, they feature stuff like aliens literally raping women to create more aliens
>>
>>68899927
unlike Requiem, right
>>
>>68899927
Those comics are weird af, the original ones that came out after Aliens were ok, but they had retarded shit like >>68899875 that Newt/Androidfag subplot.
>>
>>68899865
Those are just easter eggs. But I like the idea of Alien and Prometheus (and BR too I guess) only existing inside Riddleyverse and not Alien franchise. I would be more hyped for the next movie but Scott ruined space jockeys. Most directors get shitty when they get old and become crazy with new technology.
>>
>>68899648
There was fuck all effort put into making that film make any canonical sense and it was done purely to attract the original fans.
If I made a b-movie using alien figurines and cardboard cut-outs and marketed it as canon and threw in tonnes of references to attract old fans would you call it canon?
>>
>>68900098
Got a few dimes for securing the rights?
>>
>>68899835
I literally forgot Prometheus, but yeah it's canon too.
I bet you're a shill here to get the word out and gauge our reactions, right?
You know I fucking predicted that crossroads shit, fucking making an over-hyped spectacle out of a franchise gasping for air until it's barely recognizable.
Absolute horseshit.
Make something original and make a new Alien when a real talent writes something that makes sense.
>>
>>68899404
>You aren't seriously accepting that as canon, are you?
Ridley did say it was.
>>
>>68900331
That's why the next one will disregard Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection
>>
Prometheus is great
>>
>>68900214
Profit.
These studio execs are like landlords that shortcut when fixing up a place for that next desperate tenant.
They don't care about quality or how people will feel about it, only that it'll do its part in making them more money and that's good enough for them.
It will get much worse I think.
>>
>>68900469
It's a cheap, shitty way to make money.
Fuck off.
>>
>>68900686
Well then A3 should've git gud. This movie was asking for it. Now it's going the way of Superman 3 and 4.
>>
>>68900467
I wonder if the studios would've greenlit his future projects if he had said otherwise :^)
>>
>>68900774
Wait why does he care about video games anyway? He really said it about things concerning the movies he didn't make? I mean I understand this. Even a slight retcon of Alien 3 is welcome and no doubt Cameron and Fincher agree.
>>
>>68900467
citation needed

ridley had issues accepting Aliens as a proper sequel, because he didn't agree with some of Cameron's concepts regarding the xenos (particularly that they're a mindless bunch of insects being lead by a queen) but he's okay with the movie because it's simply great
>>
Holy crap people from AVPGalaxy are deluded as fuck.
>>
>>68898099
>people started booing at the mere mention of Alien Covenant.
did this actually happen?
>>
>>68900745
>Well then A3 should've git gud.
It was good, and a fine addition to the series, but apparently anything short of a box office smash hit less than 20 years old is reason enough to rape the IP for more money, and use psyop subversion tactics to help do so.
What a sorry state this world is in.
>>
>>68901075
Apparently yes during the recent event where they asked her about it. She said something like "We have to wait until Ridley finishes Prometheus 2 or whatever it's called now."
>>
>>68901164
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jk1XEzXNoM
>>
>>68901141
>and use psyop subversion tactics to help do so.
wat
>>
>>68896767
>>he´s writing blade runner sequel too

Thank god Denis Villeneuve and Baby Goose are working on it, otherwise I would have dropped it.
>>
>>68898870
>meaningful sense of loss in a fictional universe
studio didn't feel like paying Hicks and Newt grew up. Real "meaningful."
>>
>>68901797
Fox Studios represents the cold and bleak universe of the Alien setting, where nothing ever goes as you would like things to go

it's meaningful, and poetry
>>
>>68901357
This post>>68899756 is a perfect example.
>Weaver said
As if she's an authority on film-making.
>and she's right
Gotta cement it in your mind.
>that a filmmaker can use whatever inspires him in his work
Hehe, it's just crazy whacky art guise. no big deal! stop being so uptight! :^)
>Starting again right after Aliens might be a popular, obvious choice.
>POPULAR
>OBVIOUS
According to fucking who??
You see, it's manipulative language being strategically used.
>But only because it's the right choice
>it's the RIGHT choice
There's that word again.

Or how about this one?
>>68899485
>Alien/Predator franchise has no solid canon.
According to?
>Everything ignores at least some parts of the existing franchise.
Really now?
So minor changes in aesthetics mean it's whole different universe now, does it?
>It's like the fans are encouraged to choose their own canon.
This last bit is interesting because it's this new horrific idea that Fox have in store for us where there will be two sides, a divide amongst fans with one side believing Alien 3 is canon and other following Blomkamp's story as stated in>>68899835
They'll continue both stories and milk both groups for cash.
Welcome to 21st century 'culture'.

Hi, Fox interns!
How many days in a row do you plan to make Alien threads?
I count 2 so far.
>>
>>68902186
Fuck man. I see why Blomkamp's Alien was a good idea. It's wonderful.
>>
>>68902262
You shills are on the same rung of the ladder as cunnyfags, I hope you know that.
>>
>>68902708
I don't even know what the fuck that means.
>>
nobody is making alien 3 and resurrection go away forever, they will always exist. the idea that fans will have to choose between two continuities is ridiculous, none of these characters and situations are real anyway. cinema is not a simulation of a universe, if i see a movie where alien 3 and alien resurrection i will compartmentalize it just like i had no trouble compartmentalizing the avp movies.

grow the fuck up, it's a horror movie franchise. don't you have anything better to worry about? the whole point of prometheus was that putting too much emotional investment in what you think is canon, whether its your opinion of god or what you think the space jockey was, only leads to pain and resentment. i'm excited; ridley is making another batshit pastiche of cheesy b-movies and i get another movie with ripley in it without the taint of whedon's stupid take on her. what a time to be alive!
>>
>>68903248
> the idea that fans will have to choose between two continuities is ridiculous
>What is Star Trek?
>What is the X-Men franchise?
>What is the DCEU after they do an alt reality reboot in JL2?
>>
>green lantern
>bad
>>
>>68903916
exactly, it didn't hurt star trek, x-men and it won't hurt the decu either

the number of people who will be butthurt enough about alien 3 and resurrection not counting for alien 5 that they won't see it is so negligible that i just feel bad for them
>>
>>68897696
>>68897775
Youre both correct.

Anyone notice we are the only fags that dont want more Alien movies when 99.10% of the gay earth demands at least 3 capeshit blockbusters a year.

Scott just pls stop.
>>
>>68903015
Makes sense seeing as you've only been here a few days.

>>68903248
U mad because I called out your bullshit?
As much as I love the character I don't want Ripley back because she's dead, I don't want to have to compartmentalize films in some spiderweb of possible outcomes and canon when it should be one single storyline, no fanfiction bullshit.
This problem, the destruction of culture for the purposes of monetary gain, is happening everywhere and it must be fought on all fronts.
>>
>>68898099
Blomkamp has literally only made 1 good movie I'm really not too optimistic about this.
>>
>>68900774
>studios holding a director like ridley scott hostage over something as trivial as telling some neckbeards a shitty videogame is "cannon"

yeah no anon you really need to go outside more often
>>
>>68904086
Most people want a sequel to Aliens. Well they have Sigourney Weaver to thank since she was the one to cconvince Blomkamp to make this instead of an original story. Of course the whole thing first originated as a series of concept art pics.
Many hardcore Alien fans are still butthurt and still hope that it's either about Ripley 8 (lel) or that they will come up with some complicated explenation to keep A3 canon. Both are impossible. I would normally try to be amiable and say that both versions of the timeline can co-exist and so on but rabid fanboys have proven to be so insufferable that I have nothing but 100% smug for them. They were usually the people to tell everyone else to deal with it.
>>
>>68904109
ripley isn't dead because ripley doesn't exist. all the alien sequels have been fanfiction, now we're going to get blomkamp's instead of cameron's, whedon's or fincher's. i have no trouble sitting down in the theater, saying to myself "okay, aliens just happened" and then watching the movie.

i'm not mad (and i am also not the person you were talking to initially), as i said I am excited for at least two new alien films. i think you're the mad one, mad that a movie studio is making movies in a franchise that it owns. alien doesn't need to be protected, that film is pristinely preserved and will be available to watch until the end of human civilization. what are you going to do, put it in the public domain so that even more people could make fanfiction based on it?
>>
The movies all exist as separate entities in a vacum but are all connected to each other through the setting and general tone, themes and characters

If you cant comprehend this and care about things like "canon" and how some cheap shitty cashgrab videogame or comic fits in to it you are a literal sperg and manchild and need to fuck off
>>
>>68904647
To add to my point, i would say that Alien and Prometheus are the two "real" films as they are both self contained and original visions. With the other films obviously just spinoff interpretations intended to provide more for the people who enjoy the setting

You can enjoy each film as its own thing rather than getting red faced about canon
>>
>>68904394
No ones ever gonna be happy with anything Alien related.
Imo I just dont see why theyre taking the route to "expand" ripley's story dude she's fucking gone and done shes been in 4 of them. I totally respect the fact that Weaver is interested in another Alien story but with her being IN the movie it complicates literally everything. We should have a story about a colony discovering eggs or RIpleys escape pod crashing, being discovered and initiating an infestation where the colonists defend themselves.
(Of course Im not serious but an original story would bring more excitement)

I have a feeling Neil will twist A3 and A:R into being dreams or simulations to defend against xenos. Some straight up Kojima tier hackery. Either way Im excited but worried for another Alien film. For scott I hope he seriously dies from whoring out his master piece. The fact that he only started production on it because Neil lit a fire under his ass shows he gives no fuck about the stories themselves but muh cinematography.
>>
>>68903990
Nobody gave enough of a shit about Star Trek to begin with and the new one is a guaranteed flop, I stopped Caring about Xmen after the abortion that is The Last Stand, and I guess I'll be dropping DC then.
You feel bad for me?
I feel bad for you m8 since you don't have a backbone.
This reboot, reset, re-hash shit needs to stop.

>>68904283
Given that they were involved with the game and they've been planning this shit for years it completely stands to reason that they'd use the father of the Alien series to get people to accept their new idea.

>>68904394
>Most people want a sequel to Aliens
Which people? 4chan? reddit? where did you get this info?

>>68904514
>hurr it's all fiction, just be entertained! hurr
Fuck off.

>>68904647
>The movies all exist as separate entities in a vacum but are all connected to each other through the setting and general tone, themes and characters
Sounds like the bullshit JJ gave us about that recent cashgrab piece of shit he helped create.

>If you cant comprehend this and care about things like "canon" and how some cheap shitty cashgrab videogame or comic fits in to it you are a literal sperg and manchild and need to fuck off
Do you get paid extra for the insults?
Lel you don't even know how to quote someone either, you're too cute.
>>
>>68904865
>>68904647
>debating concepts like canon and direct sequels
you must be from bizarro /tv/
>>
>>68905153
The only problem with forgetting about A3 and A:R I see are future home releases. But I don't think that's enough. I wonder how they're going to advertise it. Like in the trailers, how are they going to show that it's an alternate take?
>>
>>68905153
>The fact that he only started production on it because Neil lit a fire under his ass shows he gives no fuck about the stories themselves but muh cinematography.
that's not really true, it was going to happen around this time anyway. it didn't happen sooner because scott and fox were still trying to hammer out the story, which turned into planning three new movies. neil just sort of crashed the party via his instagram and fox was like, fuck it, let's do that too. which is why blomkamp had to wait, because ridley spent years planning this shit out while biding his time on other movies
>>
File: newt.jpg (24 KB, 595x600) Image search: [Google]
newt.jpg
24 KB, 595x600
>>68897383
>At this point I just pretend that Aliens was the last in the series
I'm doing that too, at least until Blomkamp's new Alien comes out because it's going to continue from Aliens, with Newt as an Adult.

And the only canon version of Aliens is the Special Edition.
>>
>>68905195
>assblasted fanboy

Please leave pleb.
>>
>>68905439
bullshit, they had plans for an Aliens spin-off for ages
>>
>>68905195
do you really think more people give a shit about the alien canon than star trek?

and i have news for you, reboots, resets and re-hashes have been built into the DNA of the movie industry since day one.

>Fuck off.
you remind me of the little kids who can't handle that robert downey jr isn't iron man in real life
>>
>>68905669
If only A3 had more interesting characters. It did have a couple iconic scenes (well, two but still) but in terms of characters, quotes and the story itself there's really no coparison. Add to it the fact that people are angry that some characters got axed thanks to troubled production and it's no wonder it's going to happen eventually. Of course it doesn't mean that the movie is going to work. Sigourney seems enthusiastic about it which gives me some hope.
Blomkamp is still a great unknown to me. The franchise was lucky with younger filmmakers so far. Including Fincher though he got fucked by the producers. I know people don't think Blomkamp's second and third movies were that good but who else than him? It's got to be a director who isn't afraid of disturbing imagery and more practical effects than none at all. I don't know anyone else but him who would be like a modern version of young Scott or young Cameron. And I don't mean like a horror director or an action director because that's not the point.
>>
>>68905424
Majority of fans and the studios frown upon A3 and A:R but have to be mandatory on home releases. Theyll probably say some shit like "pls buy the blu ray to experience the original blah blah". A well done teaser will have to give the impression that those movies are not what they seem.

>>68905439
So after years of hammering out the story it was coincidentally done when Neil dropped those posts? If anything fox is more interested with where Neil could take the story and rushed Scott to whatever shit Covenant will be just to get the ball rolling. Either way therell be 3 more movies after covenant so fox could let this be a colossal fuck up and get someone else besides scott to do the sequels.
>>
File: Alien kino.jpg (3 MB, 8142x3034) Image search: [Google]
Alien kino.jpg
3 MB, 8142x3034
Best and only canon Alien media currently available(not counting the books).
>>
>>68905925
Well, Blomkamp dropped those posts in january of 2015, while scott was still working on getting the martian done. once scott was done with the press tour\winning awards for that movie, he jumped right into final preparations for hsi next project, alien covenant, which was going to start shooting in the beginning of 2016

so yes, alien covenant was pretty much just waiting to go when blomkamp decided to go for alien 5\aliens 2. and scott, being a cool guy, said he'd produce it when he was done shooting covenant.
>>
>>68905925
Hell, even Alan Dean Foster wasn't happy with A3. He was going to make some changes for his novelization but the directors shut him down which is why he refused to do the novelization of Resurrection.
>>
>>68906228
I guess thats understandable but I would not let scott near Blomkamps movie and if hes supposed to be doing Blade Runner 2 like he planned then he might not even deal with Alien5 (god willing). I think its time we see how someone else can drive the Alien story until I see how Covenant turns out Im not excited for scott to touch another camera desu.

Pls bring back Noomi.

f the scheduling is correct then we would be expecting a new alien movie every other year?
>>
File: 1455063607108.png (31 KB, 673x172) Image search: [Google]
1455063607108.png
31 KB, 673x172
>>68906542
he's producing blade runner 2 and alien 5, not directing. scott free, his company, produces a lot of things not directed by ridley scott. i think having him on the technical side of things will be an enormous resource for blomkamp, and who knows, maybe being taken under an old veteran's wing is exactly what neill needs

i dunno about the scheduling. a new alien every 2 years would be cool though, considering they usually happen every 5-7 years

also, noomi isn't coming back because of fassgroper
>>
>>68897383
Third post best post

For me Alien 3 never happened and fuck this series after Aliens
Biggest fucking go fuck yourself to your audience in cinema history, kill off teh fucking entire cast off screen between movies, genius
>>
>>68898870
those budget cuts on alien 3 production were really "meaningful"
fuck proper story telling, right mate?
>>
>>68906145
Prometheus was awful.
>>
>>68907117
Its still leagues better than Alien3, Resurrection, and the AvP movies.

It wasn't all bad.
>>
File: alien-1979.jpg (45 KB, 700x458) Image search: [Google]
alien-1979.jpg
45 KB, 700x458
Official Alien tiers

>God Tier
Alien
Alien: Isolation
Aliens: Special Edition

>Good, but has some flaws Tier
Prometheus

>Potentially Good tier
Alien: Covenant
Blomkamp's Alien movie

>Decent Tier
Most Alien books
Most Alien comics/crossover comics

>Fun, but terrible Tier
Alien vs Predator Franchise

>Shit tier
Alien3

>What the actual fuck were they thinking this was absolute shit Tier
Alien: Resurrection
>>
>>68906145
Alien isolation?
Anon are you fucking stupid?
A badly written plot hole driven incoherent mess of 60 second info dumps for every 2 hours of gameplay with a 2 minute long audiobook to warp up the plot since they had no fucking clue what to do with the premise interwoven by half assed painfully generic slasher story that somehow menages to be rushed with a 10 hour campaign

Even new order wolfenstein that came out the same year blows this crappy game in narrative department so much its insane, and its about fucking natzis on the moon and jew magic technology.
>>
>>68904394
>she was the one to cconvince Blomkamp to make this instead of an original story. Of course the whole thing first originated as a series of concept art pics.
Weaver has been talking about wanting to do an Alien 5 with a better ending for years before Blomkie interjected himself.
>they will come up with some complicated explenation to keep A3 canon. Both are impossible.
Ripley says very little in Alien 3 about her recent experiences, almost all her dialogue revolved around the situation at hand. Her, Hicks and Newt could easily have had more stories and encounters in the interim, if we drop our assumptions. The major flaw here is that a Ripley in Alien 5 will be noticeably older, but they might "young her up" for another movie anyway.
>>
File: Aliens_labyrinth1.jpg (63 KB, 400x614) Image search: [Google]
Aliens_labyrinth1.jpg
63 KB, 400x614
>>68907250
Elder God Tier
>>
>>68905925
>Majority of fans and the studios frown upon A3 and A:R
Both were financially successful, which is all the studios care about and indicates a lot of people saw them regardless of what the chatter on the internet is.
>>
>>68907250
jesus anon your taste blows heres a list for you

>generic but very well made slasher in space
alien
>amazing thriller/sf action movie that improves on its predecessor in every way
aliens
>franchise ruiner, worst sequel ever produced, maybe
alien 3
>shit, just pure shit
all rest
>>
>>68907298
>A badly written
But it wasn't

> plot hole driven
Where were the plot holes exactly?

>incoherent mess
I found it pretty coherent.

>of 60 second info dumps for every 2 hours of gameplay
It wasn't though?

>with a 2 minute long audiobook to warp up the plot

What?

>since they had no fucking clue what to do with the premise
They did though?

>interwoven by half assed painfully generic slasher story
The Alien franchise literally started as a slasher story in space. Just because slasher films have been overdone since then doesn't mean it's suddenly generic. It just went back to the franchise's roots.

>that somehow menages to be rushed with a 10 hour campaign

But it didn't? Some people complained it was slow even.

>>68907395
You have pretty shit taste if you hate literally everything else and you consider the theatrical cut of Aliens to be better than Cameron's true cut.
>>
>>68907546
>The Alien franchise literally started as a slasher story in space. Just because slasher films have been overdone since then doesn't mean it's suddenly generic. It just went back to the franchise's roots.
>most people die off screen since even the devs cant be bothered to care about the plot
>le magical teleporting aliens
we did it reddit!
>>
>just finished watching Prometheus
Holy shit, what a fucking trainwreck. How could they fuck up so bad?
>movie basically doesn't explain shit
>just goes from "alien wizards made us" to alien wizards made us and wanted to destroy"
>characters make one fucking stupid decision after the other
>most characters are extraordinarily unlikeable
>loads of scenes that don't go anywhere
That wimpy looking alien at the last 10 seconds was hilarious, it's almost as if they deliberately wanted to insult alien fans
>>
>>68907758
You're absolutely retarded. Like seriously. Among all of the retards /tv/ has, you're one of the worst.

>>68907846
>look mom I posted it again!
>>
>>68907153
The entire movie was about stupid characters making stupid decisions and getting fucked in multiple ways
The only thing you get to learn about the engineers that you don't already know from the fucking start of the movie is that they wanted humanity dead for some reason that ain't even explained.
Holy shit the character's collective intelligence ranks lower than teenagers from an 80s slasher
Many of the characters also barely get any screentime or serve no fucking purpose at all like the ice queen overseer bitch
>>
>>68907846
>>most characters are extraordinarily unlikeable

>"Lets pet this space cobra, what could go wrong?"
>"Im the best expert money can buy but i will run away when i face the biggest discovery in human history"
>"Lets fuck around and blow up this maybe one in a kind priceless alien head"
>"We just discovered aliens exists, our mission is a failure..."
>"Im a the guy responsible for 3d mapping the structure, yet i got lost"
>"Why didnt i just tell everybody im on the ship? Im filthy rich and old, what do i care"

Nah man, you are just a retard who dosnt get it
>>
>>68907846
>That wimpy looking alien at the last 10 seconds was hilarious, it's almost as if they deliberately wanted to insult alien fans
the deacon is the final, best punchline of the movie

finding out the origin of the alien robs it of its symbolic power; instead of it being a terrifying representation of sexual power, it's a sad amalgamation of animal and humanoid physiology that feebly resembles the xenomorph

i always thought it was taking the piss out of the jj abrams school of monster design, like cloverfield, super8 and the ice planet monster from star trek '09. those monsters have such unmemorable, boring designs because they strive for naturalism. i feel like the xenomorph, a creature with a literal dick for a head, wouldn't be designed in a modern movie. they'd look at the script and say "well, it has a second jaw like that one shark!" and build the design around that, which is what the deacon is in prometheus.

prometheus deliberately displays this as an example of an unfinished evolution that could result in the xenomorph

prometheus is a good movie.
>>
>>68907846
>>68908310
Oh and my favorite one.
This super intelligent alien attacks a group of armed soldiers barehanded while having no reason to think the guns they wield wont melt his face in a fraction of a second or if they arent strong enough to rip him apart them self.
Truly the pinnacle of a space traveling race.
>>
>>68908310
>>"Lets pet this space cobra, what could go wrong?"
They cut the scene where the space cobra was friendly and uncobra-like to them.
>>"Im the best expert money can buy but i will run away when i face the biggest discovery in human history"
What?
>>"Lets fuck around and blow up this maybe one in a kind priceless alien head"
They were studying it and in the process it blew up. They didn't shove an M-80 up its nose.
>>"We just discovered aliens exists, our mission is a failure..."
Their mission was to establish a dialogue concerning their role in human origins, instead they got tossed around a bit. Their mission was a failure.
>>"Im a the guy responsible for 3d mapping the structure, yet i got lost"
He didn't have the map, he just released the drone.
>>"Why didnt i just tell everybody im on the ship? Im filthy rich and old, what do i care"
He could have told them, but didn't need to either. He didn't intend on being thawed if they found nothing at the end of the trip, so it wouldn't have made a difference.
>>
>>68908441
>finding out the origin of the alien robs it of its symbolic power; instead of it being a terrifying representation of sexual power
You read too deeply into a killer alien bug movie and you were disappointed when they hit you over the head, for the twentieth time, with the fact that it was just a killer alien bug.
>but look at this Gieger artwork!
They commissioned him to turn his work into a bug.
>>
>>68897696
>Fincher doesn't like it.

Then it must be good.

Such an overrated hack artist who thinks he's more clever than he actually is.

Fucking brown up another franchise with your Godfather 2 wannabe cinematography, you shit.
>>
>>68908513
>They cut the scene where the space cobra was friendly and uncobra-like to them.
i keked
the fact people like you exists cracks me up
>>
>>68905886
>Andrews
>Clemens
>Dillon
>not interesting
Those guys were just as interesting as the characteristics in the previous films you fucking pleb
>>
>>68908723
Easy to forget and that's the ultimate fate of this movie.
>>
>>68909308
Given that I haven't watched in over a year and remember it vividly I beg to differ.
>>
>>68897440
and the martian was the best out of those 3
that says a lot really....
>>
>>68909562
Scott is finished. Martian was competent and light. Easy watch. What else? Scott is incredibly uneven. Black Hawk Down is the last unquestionably great movie. Kingdom of Heaven was saved by the dc. I don't know if he still has it in him.
>>
>Blade Runner 2 will be a CGI shitfest that ends up looking dated in 5 years time
>>
>>68897383
>M-muh childhood hero died this movie sux :(((
>>
>>68897244
>more like too many cucks, am i right
>>
>>68896767
Green Lantern is a great film.
>>
>>68897244
Too many cook will spoil the broth, but they fill our hearts with so much love.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.