[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: Prometheus-David-Jockey.jpg (390 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus-David-Jockey.jpg
390 KB, 900x600
What was his problem?
>>
>>68890683
robots are fascinated by shits that aren't human
>>
>>68890683

He was created by humans.

He in turn, knowing his own creators was the first to realize the ramifications of meeting humanity's creators.
>>
File: Fugin lolz.jpg (32 KB, 327x324) Image search: [Google]
Fugin lolz.jpg
32 KB, 327x324
>>68890683
>Space Jockeys became space manlets
>>
File: david-8-prometheus-300x568.jpg (35 KB, 300x568) Image search: [Google]
david-8-prometheus-300x568.jpg
35 KB, 300x568
>>68890683
Verizon took forever to send out an update
>>
>>68890683
he was too aryan
>>
He was on a ship full of trained scientists and veteran astronauts who couldn't notice that he was clearly up to something.
>>
>>68890683
he was a bitch nigga
>>
>>68890683
he played in shitty movie
>>
Who was David though, really?
>>
>>68890864
DABID
>>
>>68892711
a cute robot
>>
>>68892848
David a cute?
>>
>>68890683
This the thing about the movie I still don't get. I didn't understand his motivations or thought process at all.
>>
>>68892991
He was Weyland's proxy
>>
>>68893157
Then why did he sabotage the mission by spiking that guy's drink with alien splooge?
>>
I think humans always lorded over the fact that they created him to undercut his existence and he wanted to prove humans were created by something else so he could lord it over them
>>
>>68893223
just to see what would happen
seriously
>>
>>68893157
Why did he "poison" Charlie tho?
>>
>>68890683

>it was helmet all along, they're basically people

shit lore
>>
>>68893317
disregard that, I see now
>>68893272
>>
>>68890683
Is there a reason a being with synthetic skin needs to wear latex gloves?
>>
>>68893223
he got orders to 'try harder'

for him, it meant 'do something that produces interesting results, asap'

he is not burdened by morality, but he can't harm people either, so he needed Charlie's permission, which he got by asking ''how far are you willing to go for answers?'', to which Charlie responded ''Absolutely anything and everything''.
>>
>>68893232
that's such simple yet elegant character motivation that it's way above in depth to what we actually got
>>
>>68893394
Same reason he wore helmets, it makes it easier for the crew to deal with him if he acts more human
>>
>>68893394
Bacteria
>>
Why does everyone hate Prometheus so much?

It had a couple of problems(forced connections to the Alien franchise and some mild character logic issues), but overall I thought it was a great, creepy, philosophical sci-fi/horror film.

Also, if you look at some of the shit Ridley Scott has done in the past decade, Prometheus really is one of his best recent works.
>>
>>68893435
I'd argue that Prometheus is way more meaningful than it seems to be, but that most people continually overlook literally every interesting aspect of it because they focus only on the flaws
>>
>>68892711
He was Lawrence of Arabia's mind stored onto an AI. Bravo Ridley.
>>
>>68893501
could be, I'm just being dismissive of the movie
>>
He was a little cranky because he hadn't eaten in like a thousand years.
>>
>>68893467
It was great in every way but the script, which really dragged it down. I'd still watch it for the direction alone.
>>
>>68893501
This. I was rewatching it and there are a lot of running but subtle themes of creation, parenthood and accountability.
>>
>>68893467
I think the forced connections to alien is what pissed me off the most and blinded me with frustration. There were a lot of cool visual monents (alien abortion scene, map room scene) that if they were in a different movie universe would have been more captivating
>>
>>68893467
>>68893664
people are probably just fed up of characters acting retarded around alien/possible alien lifeforms when it comes to so called experts and especially when it comes to the alien franchise.

I enjoyed prometheus but the whole I'M GONNA TAKE MY MASK OFF, GET LOST, STICK MY FINGER IN THIS GOO AND NOT TELL ANYBODY I'M PREGNANT was too much
>>
>>68893891
Just because you typed it in all caps doesn't mean that it's somehow so significant that it broke the movie.
>>
They literally explain it with blatant exposition in this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRa_xmJ4zXg
>>
>>68893891
She didn't know she was pregnant it grew in her over the course of a few days
>>
>>68893664
this. unfortunately script was shit. Not even in general but in details
>>
>>68893942
m8 she performed an abortion and told literally nobody.

>>68893965
yh and fucking hid her symptons and never asked for help and left the abortioned creature on the fucking ship

everything apart from that whole passage and the "I'm a geologist, I won't get lost, oh shit I'm lost" was more or less fine
>>
>>68893891
The two scientists who were scared of the corpse, somehow got lost and then returned to the corpse to take a nap were bigger offenders though.
>>
>>68893467
I didn't hate it, I just think it should have gone through one more food script revision before filming.

The plot required intelligent characters to act stupidly to move forward, the B story spun its wheels most of the time and there where just a lot loose threads in general.

I loved the idea, but the execution was sloppy.
>>
>>68890683
That scene was the moment the movie died for me. I'm still pissed at what they did to the Space Jockeys.
>>
>>68893394
Possibility of cross contamination when dealing with human shipmates.
>>
>>68894126
nah, for me it was use of flamethrowers on board of the ship. It was fucking nonsense.
>>
>>68894269
Did they ever explain why the security showed in one scene and disappeared for the rest of the movie?
>>
>>68894419
Didn't they get wiped out by the zombie geologist and the Engineer?
>>
>>68894547
Nah, he was standing on the dock ramp with a big ass flamethrower before the first trip to the mound and then was literally never seen again.
>>
>>68894419
actually i never noticed it. was there any security? i thought it was regular crew. that movie could have been so good. fuck Ridley. flamethrowers really killed it for me. Ridley used it only because it had been used in Alien, but there it was quite reasonable.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.