[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he even work at the store? He could have just hired a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 2-gus-fringe.jpg (153 KB, 640x593) Image search: [Google]
2-gus-fringe.jpg
153 KB, 640x593
Why did he even work at the store? He could have just hired a franchise manager and sat at home collecting checks. Same with Walt literally no reason to actually step foot in the car wash. This show sucked. also 1 franchise makes about 45 - 80k and Gus was a millionaire you can't fudge the numbers that much.
>>
breaking bad more like bad
>>
Gus more like cuck
>>
>>68889442
He doesn't own just that one store. He owns the entire chain. As for why he works there, he's just that kind of guy. You wouldn't get this because you are a lazy slob who's never accomplished anything.
>>
>>68889442
Maybe he liked interacting with the public and keeping a positive public image.
>>
maybe he did for a while but got bored of sitting around in his underpants watching murder she wrote reruns and fapping to violent hentai all day long
>>
>>68889528
how do you think I know so much about franchises cuck. I collect on my investments and don't go in to the store to work
>>
>>68889528
>>68889538
/thread
>>
>>68889442
To keep up appearances. Nobody expects the humble guy.
>>
>>68889558
I see a worrying case of projecting here
>>
They'll never suspect a nice negro selling quality fried chicken who actively supports the DEA.
>>
>>68889528
Think we can end it here.

A real boss goes in and checks in on his employees anyway. Stop watching Wolf of Wall St
>>
>>68889664
>>68889528
>>68889558
>not working on other investment opportunities while you collect .

this is why you'll never make it. Even Warren Buffet hires managers
>>
>>68889442
To strengthen the integrity of the illusion of an on-the-level life, he had to be seen and known to be busy.
>>
I'm hoping Vince does a one-off feature-length special detailing his background and rise to power

I know a dose of mystique/ambiguity is generally a virtue with such characters, but there are just far too many gaps with this guy. there needs to be some level of origin story to explain his motivations, genius, ruthlessness etc
>>
>>68891144
I think the scene where the guy killed his friend was supposed to serve that purpose
>>
>>68891144
>there needs to be some level of origin story to explain his motivations, genius, ruthlessness etc

sup reddit
>>
>>68889715

He probably could've diversified, but then that would've exposed him to far more financial scrutiny. I'm sure the IRS would be more than a little curious as to how an owner of a small fast food restaurant chain is pulling in 8 figures every month.

Outwardly, he has to live a life that reflects the earnings of a restauranteur, not that of a restauranteur + a high-quality, high-volume methamphetamine producer.
>>
>>68889442
His public image was important in hiding his illegal activities and gives him a solid alibi.
>>
>>68892013
that was one tiny aspect. that doesn't in any way explain how he got to that meeting ('you're not in chile anymore'), or his subsequent rise to power

just that he had a gripe with the cartel/salamencos, which he knew he was going to have anyway considering his ambitions
>>
man all the dumb fucks itt even though its been spelled out in breaking bad and better call saul

it gives him a cover

he can't invest the money, he can't show that he has a ton of money available etc etc etc
>>
>>68892235
>restauranteur
kek

Putain de merde... "restauranteur"...
>>
>>68892441

> Restaurateur: a person who owns and manages a restaurant.

Yeah, really poor choice of words on my part. I should've just called him a cuck like the rest of you faggots.
>>
>>68892441
Underage b&
>>
Alibi
>>
>>68891144
>BCS season 1 gave us the mike episode
>mfwihnfw season 3 gives us the gus episode
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.