[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1. Pulp Fiction 2. Inglourious Basterds 3. Jackie Brown 4. Kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Inglourious Basterds
3. Jackie Brown
4. Kill Bill
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. The Hateful Eight
7. Django Unchained
8. Kill BIll 2
9. Death Proof
>>
>>68887741
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Don't bother listing the rest because they aren't that good
>>
>>68887741
I think Inglorious is his only 2000s movie that begins to match the maturity of his 90s movies.

It's really strange what happened to him. He had far more restraint with his earlier films. They were more grounded in realistic themes and characters. He probably doesn't have anyone in his ear these days telling him when to reel it in.

For instance, the unspoken bond between Vincent and Mia could never exist in one of his 2000s movies, with Inglorious maybe being the exception.
>>
>>68887765
t. butthurt Nazi
>>
reservoir dogs
jackie brown
kill bill 1
inglourious basterds
pulp fiction
kill bill 2
death proof
the hateful eight
django unchained
>>
>>68887857
>I think Inglorious is his only 2000s movie that begins to match the maturity of his 90s movies.

I thought first half of Hateful 8 was really good, up there with his best but the second half really ruined it.

I'd love to see him do a more simple movie like Jackie Brown next but unfortunately it seems like he wants to do another fucking western.
>>
>>68887935
t. butthurt cuccboi
>>
>>68888004
*bbc fucked
>>
>>68887741
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. Django Unchained
4. Kill Bill
5. Kill Bill 2
6. Reservoir Dogs
7. Jackie Brown (haven't seen it)
8. The Hateful Eight (haven't seen it)
9. Death Proof

Also liked Sin City
>>
Pulp and Reservoir are undeniably a league above everything else. His style wasn't as obvious and obtrusive with those two.
>>
>>68887741
Great tier
Reservoir Dogs

Watchable tier
Inglorious basterds
Kill bill 1&2
Django unchained
Death Proof

Tarantino just jacking off at this point/its fucking shit tier
Jackie Brown
Pulp fiction
Hateful eight(morricone never deserved this)
>>
File: 1433446262253.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1433446262253.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>Tarantino clarified his remarks and described his next film as being the final entry in a "Django-Inglourious Basterds" trilogy called Killer Crow. The film will depict a group of World War II-era black troops who have "been fucked over by the American military and kind of go apeshit. They basically – the way Lt. Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) and the Basterds are having an 'Apache resistance' – [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland."
>>
I don't get why people love Reservoir Dogs. It was ok. The only scene that stands out to me is the ear cutting scene and that's mostly because of Steven Wright.
>>
1.- reservoir dogs
2.- pulp fiction
3.- inglorious basterds
4.- hatefull eight
5.- django unchained
>>
File: Grindhouse.jpg (2 MB, 1577x2309) Image search: [Google]
Grindhouse.jpg
2 MB, 1577x2309
What went wrong?
>>
Might as well.

>Top tier
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Hateful 8 (70mm Roadshow)
Kill Bill

>Alright tier
Jackie Brown
Django
Inglorious Basterds
Death Proof

QTs films aren't all good, but when they are, they're masterpeices.
>>
The Hateful Eight is a fucking masterpiece. You may not agree with the politics behind it, but is truly Tarantino's best film.
>>
>>68890766
Jack is a fucking masterpiece. You may not agree with the production behind it, but it is truly Coppola's best film.
>>
>>68890766

I didn't like the theatre-esque feeling when they were in the cabin. Don't know if it was because how it was filmed.
>>
>>68889015
Plz no
>>
>>68890438
Nothing. It is pure kino.
>>
>>68889015
Love it. Can't wait for /tv's butthurt
>>
File: 5003_344.jpg (28 KB, 344x256) Image search: [Google]
5003_344.jpg
28 KB, 344x256
>>68889015
>>
>>68889278
I totally fucking agree the movie was mediocre and it's high praise is fucking stupid
>>
>>68889278
you either 'get it' or ya don't anon
>>
>>68887857
Agree.
The older ones had some style, the newer ones just dont know when to stop. It is just badly over the top, like a child eating all the ice-cream, just because they can and no one is around to tell them to stop. After a while it just does not taste good.
>>
>>68890766
>The Hateful Eight is a fucking masterpiece.
Final act is pure shit. No substance and pure over the top poorly made style.
>>
File: 1449643272103.jpg (45 KB, 253x303) Image search: [Google]
1449643272103.jpg
45 KB, 253x303
>>68889015
>black troops
>go apeshit
>>
>fags not counting Kill Bill as one film
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.