[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek TNG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 43
Recently been watching Star Trek The Next Generation again, just finished Season 1

Why was Season 1 so lame? Very few notable episodes. The brain parasite ark was out of left field. A few episodes that are ostensibly related to The Original Series, or tried to be...

Why was this season so weak?
>>
First seasons of anything are generally quite weak, especially in sci-fi, most of it involves world-building and character building.

I'm actually watching TNG right now, I was buying them n Blu-ray as they were released but around season 6 I stopped buying them and only got the last two seasons quite recently.
It's divine on Blu-ray, nothing like I remember.
>>
because roddenberry only got it partially right and needed to be removed for them to get more of the rest.
>>
Gene fucked it up. Had less pull in later seasons.

I find it hilarious that the holodeck rules are messed up and that you can simulate an exact moment in time on Earth. Like when Picard redoes' that date in Paris.
>>
>>68884190
He was dead in later seasons, he died in '91

>>68884149
I too am watching the Blu-rays. Picking them up on the used market. I have up to season 6 now.
>>
>>68884103
Just be glad it wasn't the first season of DS9
>>
File: 1459106594339.jpg (33 KB, 491x404) Image search: [Google]
1459106594339.jpg
33 KB, 491x404
>>68884103
I think the budget was blown mostly on set in season 1, and then they tweaked the show a lot, by season 3 they had it like a well oiled machine.
>>
>>68884247
That had no excuse, and just sucked.
>>
>>68884247
Speaking of DS9, how cam that isn't on Blu-ray?
You can get original series, TNG and Enterprise on Blu-ray but not DS9 or Voyager, I would have bought them as well =/

Also while we're at it, what are the chances of another STar Trek tv show in the future?
>>
>>68884247
>it's a Keiko being a total cuntbag episode
>>
File: TomBlackfaceParis.png (86 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
TomBlackfaceParis.png
86 KB, 268x284
>>68884179
>>68884190

This so very much. ST:TNG's success was probably less about Gene and more about Rick Berman taking advantage of the original idea Gene set up.

I'm watching Voyager for my second time and I have to say it's brutally bad. And I feel like I'm really starting to see it for what it really is, the lesser of all the Treks (well, maybe not Enterprise). Parallax was literally "we're near a black hole so temporal wackiness can happen". The Caretaker would've been the best pilot of all the series had they created a storyline where the lead doesn't go apeshit.

OH, and the Ocampa! They're still going to die!
I just realized this shit. The Caretaker gives them close to five years of power, dies and they can go only to the surface through old caves thereafter.

Which brings to the point that it wasn't even the Ocampa that mattered to Janeway unless she didn't process the aforementioned. It would've only been about leaving a piece of technology for the Kazon (who were somehow had warp capable starships but lived like desert dwelling renegades).

FFS, how could they have so royally fucked up Janeway's logic for destroying the array?!?!?!
>>
>>68884309
They switched from models to CGI for DS9 and Voyager, the CGI was at 480p and would cost too much to redo it for Blu-ray.
>>
>>68884103
>Why was Season 1 so lame?
Why is Season 1 of any successful show lame compared to what came after it?
>>
File: 1461004104686.jpg (18 KB, 236x293) Image search: [Google]
1461004104686.jpg
18 KB, 236x293
>>68884345

Oh, and adding to the Ocampa question, why doesn't anyone realize they would probably all die on a lifeless planet after the power ran out five years later? Never again are they brought up and thought of as "Kes' race will probably all starve to death after those five years are up - tough luck".

This seems like a bigger plot hole to me than ever before.
>>
>>68884401
the voyager conspiracy explains their motivations perfectly.
>>
File: jeri_ryan.png (817 KB, 1025x1078) Image search: [Google]
jeri_ryan.png
817 KB, 1025x1078
>>68884489

The Voyager Conspiracy didn't explain what I discussed about the Ocampa, but it was made clear to be paranoid fabrications by 7 of 9 as the episode went on and her conclusions became more tenuous.

Unless that was meant to be a joke.
>>
>>68884345
>(who were somehow had warp capable starships but lived like desert dwelling renegades).

Isn't this like every fucking Alien species in Star Trek?

>Space fairing
>Their home planet is a single village that looks like it's from antiquity with a town square of like 5 stalls selling goods.

Star Trek "civilizations" are smaller than towns in Skyrim.
>>
File: 1461005355894.jpg (24 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1461005355894.jpg
24 KB, 500x400
>>68884699

Actually, that was just one 'faction' of the Kazon called the "Ogla". They operated less like an actual species than a bunch of space bikers with territories. In fact, I don't recall my first time around seeing a single Kazon female.
>>
>>68884690
oh ok
all the fedora tipping ocampa survived probably regaining their mind powers after 5 years.

the caretaker believers get fucked for being dependent on their false god.

also tricobalt explosions dont create tractor beams.
>>
>>68884309
>Also while we're at it, what are the chances of another STar Trek tv show in the future?
Uhh... anon... I don't know how to tell you this...
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 528x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 528x544
"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."
>>
File: Cogenitor.jpg (39 KB, 541x541) Image search: [Google]
Cogenitor.jpg
39 KB, 541x541
*nods approvingly*
>>
>>68884309
>Also while we're at it, what are the chances of another STar Trek tv show in the future?

There will be one coming out the beginning of next year. It will be set between the TOS and TNG eras (bit disappointing as something new would have been nice).
>>
>>68884800
This has to be one of the most fan-controversial episodes in Trek
Every time I see someone discuss it in a serious manner they either hail it as the peak of ENT and one of the best moral episodes in the whole franchise, or complete shit and an insult to the franchise
>>
>>68884826
Can you supply a source on this?

I really, really would not like the series to be like that. That was what Enterprise was for. I'd really prefer something after Voyager that attempts to chart into a new Galaxy.

>As I've thought about it, I feel like this should also be the last series of Star Trek because there are so few novel ideas to the universe that can be applied that haven't already been explored.
>>
>>68885373
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/13/the-new-star-trek-tv-show-will-be-set-before-the-next-generation

I don't really like it either. I always thought the best bet for a new series would set ~100 years after the TNG era and be about exploring a new galaxy, and have most major races join the Federation so they can be crew members.
>>
>>68885479
Nothing set in stone, just trusted rumor (although this wouldn't surprise me at all).

I think I've had my lifetime's fill of Klingon stuff, would be pissed if that was a basis of storytelling.
>>
>>68885541
Well we will find out soon as they start filming in September, so hopefully the router wasn't true.

http://redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2016/04/25/new-star-trek-series-start-filming-september/
>>
>>68885623

Races that seemed cool but were never expounded upon:

-Sheliak
-Breen
-Herq (although they were never shown)
-Iconians (same as above)
>>
File: perfectly-sane-man.png (313 KB, 420x426) Image search: [Google]
perfectly-sane-man.png
313 KB, 420x426
hey CreATuReZ!

'member DS9?!

>*sniffs behind glasses*
>>
>>68884103
I love season 1. Fight me.
>>
>>68885479
>I think I've had my lifetime's fill of Klingon stuff, would be pissed if that was a basis of storytelling.
This, unless the non-Warrior-caste Klingons were at the forefront because we've never (I think) seen them.
>>68885479
The Federation doesn't accept cultures with caste-based discrimination, so you can rule out the Klingons. And I doubt the Ferengi would ever drop their love of money either.
>>
File: Traveler.jpg (37 KB, 590x494) Image search: [Google]
Traveler.jpg
37 KB, 590x494
>>68886557
Tacit acceptance of Wesley Crusher's pedophysical journey into the uncharted..
>>
>>68884309
New Trek next year anon. It is set between TOS and TNG.
>>
OP here. A bit more information from my opinion. Season 1 felt like they were trying to emulate TOS a bit, but they also did things to make it different. Take the ending of "Conspiracy" for example, the TV approved gore.

But then you have The Naked Now which is a sequel episode to TOS' The Naked Time...and then there is "Too Short a Season" which when it was being written was to guest star Shatner, and be a sequel episode to "A Private Little War" from TOS.
>>
>>68887756

They never did a follow-up to "Conspiracy" with space parasites.

Remmick died from the world's largest neck goiter.
>>
File: george-lucas-slice.jpg (28 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas-slice.jpg
28 KB, 600x200
>>68888259
>world's largest neck goiter.
>>
File: 1460699640780.png (221 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1460699640780.png
221 KB, 720x480
Who do you think /tv/ will be the star of the previous series to be in the pilot episode for the new series?
>>
>>68888687
The Doctor
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 517x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 517x326
>>68884345
>watching voyager a secon time
>>
>>68888687
>star
>Q

>>68888888
>>
>>68889387
They can't use him since he was discovered in tng,this is taking before
>>
>>68889630
Link?
>>
>>68888687
Admiral Picard
>>
>>68889788
On Mobil but anyone could know this if they watched the first appearance of q they didn't know what he was or where he came from and from that first contact they istablished that he is dangerous in later episodes and series
>>
>>68884310
That's every episode no wonder he wanted to fuck kira
>>
>>68889993
I mean this part:
>this is taking before
>>
>>68890110
Already been posted once ITT retard
>>
>>68890066
who wouldn't want to fuck Kira?
>>
>>68884345

>rick berman
>being a postive

nah
>>
>>68884103
>Why was Season 1 so lame?
Because Gene Roddenberry was a hack fraud
>>
>>68884296

ds9 season 1 is FAR better than tng season 1

ds9 s1 deffinately has some godawful shitty episodes that i will never ever rewatch (like move along home JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK) but it also has a god tier episode with duet and its just better on average than tng s1, i cant recall a single good episode in tng s1
>>
>>68885874

Breen are better left as a mystery.

Hopefully they won't get JUST'ed in the new series
>>
>>68891120
>Implying I believe that article
>>
File: 960.jpg (33 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
33 KB, 960x540
>its an o'brien gets mentally tortured episode
>>
File: Feel my Klingon rage!.gif (1 MB, 356x321) Image search: [Google]
Feel my Klingon rage!.gif
1 MB, 356x321
Here's a question.
Which actor from TOS do you think will be left standing at the end? Which one will outlive all the others? Because whoever becomes the sole survivor will basically have god-status from fans until they're gone.

My money's on Takei
>>
>>68884858
I'm gonna fire it up now and and see for myself
>>
>>68884858
Enterprise is an insult to the franchise.
>>
>>68884345
TNG improved in season three due to Michael Piller becoming the head writer, appointing Ira Steven Behr as his right hand in the writers room, and hiring spec writers like Ronald D. Moore.

Forget Rick Berman. It all comes down to the writers.
>>
>>68892450
Ah, it's got Tomalok!
>>
>>68892522
>insult to the franchise
Enterprise is not so bad and deserves to have its reputation reevaluated now that we live in a post-JJ world.
>>
>>68891978
Takei. Gay don't fray, as they say in the Bay. Don't pray either, so you know he's going to hell when he does die.
>>
>>68892549
Oh boy - Trip's stirring shit.
>>
>>68884310
>Have a great job in the botany lab of the Federation flagship. Married to a guy whose job isn't too dangerous, and expecting your newborn child will have a diverse group of friends from all over the ship once she gets old enough.
>"HEYO, ME WOIFE, I GOT ME A POSTIN' IN THE SHITE END O' THE QUARDRANT, AN' YOU AN' MOLLY IS COMIN' WIT ME! HOY TEE TEE TOY TOY!"
>It's a wrecked alien space station with no amenities, a creepy ferengi runs the only restaurant left standing, and is a high value target after the discovery of a wormhole.
>No botany lab
>No hydroponics or airponics bay
>Nowhere for you to follow your career.
>No children Molly's age, so she probably won't have a great childhood.
>Fight with your husband. You know this posting is important to him and his career, but you are bored.
>Finally decide to stay with your husband for both his sake and your daughter's sake
>Finally figure out a way to use at least some of your knowledge, become a school teacher for the ten or so children on the station.
>Still not living up to your potential, but it's something, and you are helping.
>Backwards religious fuck heads demand you teach their religion in your classroom as fact.
>They eventually bomb your goddamn school so that some crusty bitch can gain more power in her fucking religion.
>You try to pick up the pieces, but only a handful of kids come back.
>Eventually give up the one thing you were doing.

Gee, I wonder why she's salty.
>>
File: Beam Up My Sides.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
Beam Up My Sides.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>68893510
>"HEYO, ME WOIFE, I GOT ME A POSTIN' IN THE SHITE END O' THE QUARDRANT, AN' YOU AN' MOLLY IS COMIN' WIT ME! HOY TEE TEE TOY TOY!"
My fucking sides
>>
>>68893510
When the writers said "O'Brien must suffer", they didn't specify which O'Brien.
>>
>>68884800
We never find out exactly how they were used to make a baby.

Was it some kind of perverted threesome or did everyone take turns with it?
>>
>>68893696
I don't watch Enterprise so I don't know about that episode but there was an episode of the tv show Alien Nation that revealed the aliens had a third sex that pre-fertilized the female.
>>
>>68893177
Nice dubs. Anyway, I just finished it.
Distinctly average. No strong feelings one way or another. It wasn't one of the Trek greats but it wasn't a piece of shit either.
>>
>>68884348
At least for DS9 the oppurtunity exists to do it for a reasonable amount, re: this article http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/05/deep-space-nine-in-high-definition-one-step-closer/

Granted, the article is a few years old, but at least the option is there. As for Voyager... phew, whole different story.
>>
>>68884348
Nigga you high? Of course they used models for DS9 and Voyager. They sold them at a Christie's auction for charity.
>>
>>68892522
ENT wasn't that bad. The fact that Trek has had traditionally poor early seasons, and ENT didn't get an opportunity for good seasons should be considered
>>
>>68895147
Seriously, this. Season 4 is usually when a trek series really picks up.
>>
>>68884296
DS9 season 1 had duet, which is one of the best episodes out there.
>>
>>68891280
better than
>>68884103
>>
>IT'S WORSE THAN THAT, IT'S PHYSICS, JIM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE
>>
>>68891339
Looking back, I think TNG episodes were better in general. The season wasn't great, but it had some decent episodes
>>
>>68896546
My thoughts were always that, across the run of the series, DS9 had better episodes on average, but among the "best" episodes, TNG had the larger share.
>>
The biggest problems with the first season of TNG is the cast IMO.

Tasha was shit and the show improved when she was killed off. Same thing for Wesley. LeForge and Worf didn't play a big enough roll at the start, being mostly support instead of main characters. There was too much focus on Riker, trying to make him the new Kirk. Picards great acting talent wasn't used enough.

They quickly got to work fixing their mistakes and writing better scripts that used the crew better.
>>
>>68897554
You can't in any fairness say Tasha was shit and give everyone else a pass, the whole entire mess was shit in the first season with barely an exception able to be made for Picard himself. Riker was ridiculous in S1, literally changing personalities and interests in every episode just to meet the demands of whatever sci fi anthology topic they wanted to explore that day, but he ended up becoming based as fuck in later seasons.
>>
>>68884190
>Had less pull in later seasons.
Yeah having a stroke and dying will certainly give you less pull.
>>
I hate that so many questions on public formus like this could be answered by just googling it. What is wrong with you, OP, are you dumb?
>>
theres a documentary about the creation of star trek tng, pretty much the main reason for shitty first seasons was roddenberrys stubborness
>>
>>68884348
It cost 70k per episode for tng remaster.
>>
>>68897257
>DS9 had better episodes on average, but among the "best" episodes, TNG had the larger share.
I think that this is true for TNG 3-7 and DS9 3-7, but DS9 1-2 had more GOAT episodes than TNG 1-2.
>>
>>68897640
I liked Worf, LaForge, and Data in the first season

I think Data was the only character that really was on point from the very start
>>
>>68893666
Seriously. People give Keiko shit for being kind of a bitch, but she sacrificed an awful lot of herself, not to mention Molly's future for Miles. And she never, ever got to live up to her potential as a botanist on DS9.
>>
File: 1440369242786.jpg (5 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1440369242786.jpg
5 KB, 100x100
>>68893510
>>
>>68898072
>early Data is emotive
>early Data can catch organic viruses
>early Data has been in Starfleet for 20 years but acts like he was activated last week
Pop goes the weasel.
>>
>>68899101
The fact that they retconned his character to being different later doesn't change the fact that he was still a fun and entertaining character at the beginning.

I agree the changes were for the better (until the late season where they constantly had episodes where data was mind controlled or with Lore because the actor sucks at anything other than deadpan but seems to think of himself as a comedic genius), but early Data was still a good character

also, didn't they have some decent explanation for why that alcohol virus effected him?
>>
>>68899197
>also, didn't they have some decent explanation for why that alcohol virus effected him?
Nope. They just decided to ignore the fact that he's a machine.

What's interesting is that Worf is the comic relief in season 1. All he does is oneliners.
>>
>>68899197
Why not explain why Dr. Soong gave Data a dick and an encyclopedic knowledge on sex?
>>
>>68900000
Data knows as much about sex as Worf knows about Klingons.

They both learned everything they know from Federation Wikipedia.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 382x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 382x384
>>68900000
Holy fucking get, batman.
Congratulations
>>
Just watch Chaos on the Bridge.

Literally a documentary made to explain why TNG started off rough, and how it only could have ever taken off like it did once they got rid of Gene.
>>
>>68900000
Soong was obsessed with making the perfect android, as close to human as possible. This was very consistent in all of his appearances. This was exemplified by making his wife into an android so realistic even she was not aware she was an android.

It's hardly a surprise that when Soong added hair growth, fake breathing, and randomized blinking algorithms to Data he also saw fit to attach a dragon dildo
>>
>>68891978
Doubting the Shatner, as expected of a gay enabler
>>
>>68900315
Shatner is fat. Not as bad as Scotty was but his heart will probably give out eventually

It has to be Uhura or Sulu

Normally women live longer than men but Sulu seems to be aging much better than Uhura
>>
Everybody seems to hate it but I like it.
It's so campy and fun
>>
Star Trek got boring. Sure, the spinoffs had some of the most powerful and emotional episodes in Trek, but overall, as a series, they're all pretty forgettable. As evidenced by the fact that most people have forgotten them.

People still remember Kirk fighting the lizard man or "banging the green chick". The original Trek was an action adventure show with a dash of poignancy to elevate it from mindless action. There are waaaay too many Trek fans who either forget this or are in denial about it. Usually they're the ones complaining about J.J. Trek even though it uses those same ingredients and has been a huge success.

See I wonder if we'd had a film like Trek 09 as TMP if Star Trek wouldn't have a fan following akin to Star Wars. It was around first, was hugely popular in reruns and people were disappointed when they saw TMP and its tone was nothing like people remembered. It was as if Roddenberry and Co. said "What Star Wars is doing? Yeah, do the opposite of that".

Star Wars is a great ride. Yes, it is paper thin in terms of story and depth. It's fun, exciting and feels like a real adventure. Meanwhile Star Trek just got more preachy and "issue oriented" despite the fact that TV taboos were pretty much gone and we no longer needed Star Trek to covertly talk about things like racism, drugs, etc. when regular TV was talking about those things openly and more boldly than Trek ever did. And rather than say "that phase of the franchise is over, let's get back to our roots", they just kept on and got preachy. Preach is boring.

I'll take Kirk fighting the lizard man any day.
>>
>>68900497
Star Trek turned to shit at the time Voyager and DS9 started but TNG was still good until the late seasons
>>
>>68891265
This
>>
File: bravo berman - Copy.png (234 KB, 1418x1108) Image search: [Google]
bravo berman - Copy.png
234 KB, 1418x1108
Remember when the ratings crashed after TNG ended?
>>
>>68901191
Not really surprising though. Star Trek went on uninterrupted for 17 years. TNG had crazy ratings and shows today would kill for DS9's or Voyager's
>>
>>68901191
>DS9 was syndicated while VOY was a network show
>DS9 still had equal, if not higher, ratings than VOY
>>
>>68901513
>DS9 was better than VOY
>>
>>68884247
I'm currently watching DS9 and it's a struggle. Thank god this is a thing and will supposedly get better.
>>
>>68893510
She sounds like a typical military wife, they get bored very quickly and thats when things go to shit.
>>
File: 1426027337967.gif (191 KB, 295x210) Image search: [Google]
1426027337967.gif
191 KB, 295x210
Where can I legally download different Star Trek series?
>>
File: Star Trek Nielsen ratings.jpg (57 KB, 560x383) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek Nielsen ratings.jpg
57 KB, 560x383
>>68901513
Going by the Nielsens, things were pretty dire for Voyager. It only beat DS9 during the first season and during finales/premieres (when Voyager had the heaviest advertising). You can see the spike caused by Scorpion, and how quickly it disappeared.
>>
File: 1426036633172.gif (779 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1426036633172.gif
779 KB, 200x150
>>68901752
Ones I've found are complete with maybe 5 seeders.

t. amateur
>>
File: lUIRofP.jpg (4 MB, 1080x8900) Image search: [Google]
lUIRofP.jpg
4 MB, 1080x8900
>>68901727
DS9 gets better by the end of season one.
>>
>almost universal contempt for Enterprise
>"acceptable" exceptions being T'Pol in general and the mirror universe episode

I don't get it. Sure the first season was crap, but that's true of all Star Treks.
>>
>>68901752
They're all available on Netflix
>>
File: Nana Visitor.jpg (107 KB, 590x547) Image search: [Google]
Nana Visitor.jpg
107 KB, 590x547
DS9 had best girls
>>
>>68901867
>Sure the first season was crap, but that's true of all Star Treks.
Go watch TOS, Brannon.
>>
File: Geordie.jpg (77 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Geordie.jpg
77 KB, 960x720
Remember that one time Geordie was turned into a predator invisible alien due to a parasite that laid dormant for years? That was a good episode.
>>
>>68901972
Damn
>>
>>68902033
You know for a fact I didn't include TOS, which saved it's crap for the final season
>>
>>68902059
>D-d-don't call me out for being wrong! I was being wrong intentionally, as a joke, you see!
Can't transwarp your way out of this one Brannon.
>>
>>68902053
Terry Farrell has topless pics
>>
>>68897554
>Tasha was shit and the show improved when she was killed off
Not immediately mind you, her terrible acting at her own funeral in the Windows XP desktop was the most embarrassing scene in Star Trek history.
>>
File: I WANT TO LIVE.jpg (77 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
I WANT TO LIVE.jpg
77 KB, 692x530
>>68902189
>Hello, my "friends". You are here now watching this image of me because I have been murdered. It probably happened while I was on-duty, serving the crew, which is what I expected. Never forget I died being who I didn't choose to be, an existence which I never asked for. What I want you to know is how much I loved my life, which you all stole away from me. You are shit. You all know that I had a right to live just as much as anyone else in this crew. But your Captain took this gentle, frightened being and killed him in cold, green blood. I can only imagine how happy you are to finally be rid of my unwelcome presence. Doctor, you at least protested my demise. For that I can almost forgive you. Harry, you handed her the murder weapon. Your hands are stained with blood, now and forever. B'Elanna. We are so much alike, you and I. Two conflicting forces fused together. Why couldn't you empathize with my plight, or do you lack any empathy at all? Tom. I saw how you stared at me, like I'm some sort of abomination. Trust me, you creep, the feeling is mutual. You make me sick. Chakotay, I prayed so long and hard for you to grow a spine. I understand now that I prayed in vain. A koo chee moya, your ancestors deserved their genocide. Kes, is your unloving heart finally satisfied now? Your precious pedophile is returned to your side. Enjoy his tender touches until he moves on to groom a new child bride. I should know. He was me. My dear Kathy. I wish I could say that I have been and always shall be your friend. But the truth is unveiled now, the logic is inescapable: I was never your friend, you never cared for me. You killed me, Kathy, you killed me. This sin can never be washed away from your soul. So, you'll understand when I say, death is the undiscovered country, the final frontier, the last stop to the journey. But I'm not lonely. Because I know that you'll join me soon, all of you, one day. Death comes eventually for everyone. Hailing frequencies closed, sirs.
>>
>>68902299

rape gangs, rape gangs, rape gangs
>>
>>68897554
>dat one, single shot of her in a skirt

If they'd showed off dem thighs the whole time, people might have tolerated her more
>>
>>68900497
>People still remember Kirk fighting the lizard man or "banging the green chick"
No they don't. They remember them being parodied by every sci-fi fan author from the 60s onwards.
>>
>>68902299

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzKEglSelBY
>>
File: pacha.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pacha.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Been watching the 720p of TNG. First star trek series and it's enjoyable. I usually watch 3-4 eps a day. On season 3 now.

One of my favorite episodes was in season 1 with the mud god that held councillor troy hostage. So darn comfy viewing, not trying to be edgy serious.. Just fun sci-fi
>>
File: GCapENTAcquisition4.jpg (258 KB, 850x543) Image search: [Google]
GCapENTAcquisition4.jpg
258 KB, 850x543
>>68884353
>tfw S1 ENT was the best S1 since S1 TOS
>dat exploran
>dat characterization
>all them weird ayys
>dat comfy feeling despite being outclassed by everything in space
If it didn't introduce the temporal faggot war it would have been aces. Too bad it got worse in S2.
>>
File: 1437699113859.jpg (23 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
1437699113859.jpg
23 KB, 400x397
Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.
>>
>>68887756
Roddenberry wanted TNG to have very little to do with TOS, but to be its own thing (no Vulcans, etc). Hilariously, it did that by copying several episodes, and basically being TOS 2. Basically, Roddenberry was full of crap and ruined everything he touched.
>>
>>68902973
>no Vulcans, etc
So he genuinely didn't notice that Data was basically a Vulcan with different makeup?
>>
>>68893696
Preps the bull.
>>
File: Dereth.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Dereth.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
Commander, tell me about your internal organs.
>>
File: ds9caption50d.jpg (80 KB, 709x530) Image search: [Google]
ds9caption50d.jpg
80 KB, 709x530
>>68902766

..................I'm not so sure about that
>>
File: 1461289004860.png (702 KB, 898x900) Image search: [Google]
1461289004860.png
702 KB, 898x900
>>68903080
Pah-Wraith genocide best day of my life
>>
>>68902189
>funeral in the windows xp desktop

My fukken sides
>>
>>68903080
He was going to bring peace, freedom, justice and security to the pah'wraith's new empire
>>
>>68903147
>can't see shit
DS9 blu-ray never.
>>
Is Enterprise worth watching if I've already watched TNG, DS9 and VOY?
>>
>>68900453
>forgetting about Koenig
>>
>>68903273
Yeah, but watch TOS first. as a prequel, it references a lot of shit from Kirk & Co.
>>
>>68884345
Parallax was literally the only good episode from S1. It's not that good but by comparison it's freakin awesome tbqhfam.
>>
>>68903284
>"I'm only a hundred and forty-three."
>>
>>68903360
>Parallax was literally the only good episode from S1.
Tuvok's Maquis boot camp tho.
>>
File: Renegades.jpg (35 KB, 672x447) Image search: [Google]
Renegades.jpg
35 KB, 672x447
>>
File: skinofevil_hd_386.jpg (374 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
skinofevil_hd_386.jpg
374 KB, 1440x1080
Armus did nothing wrong. He killed of the worst char from season 1. Was a hero in my books.
>>
>>68884348

They re did the effects for TOS and TNG. TOS because the film stock was aging like milk, and TNG because they composited the film stock and effects onto Betamax tapes.

Early 90s CGI is no excuse for no High Def releases for lesser Star Trek series.
>>
>>68898122
Can't we just agree that both characters are absolute fucking garbage that bring down every episode they're in?
>>
Watch "Fire on the Bridge" on Netlfix. It's a documentary about how shitty it was making this series.

It gets better by season 3.
>>
>>68903776

how many planets did Picard section off? I swear to God, everytime sime crazy ass shit goes down, he just mentions in the ending log they banned people from going there again.
>>
File: facepalm.gif (892 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.gif
892 KB, 300x300
I just wish the DS9 DVDs weren't 50-60 USD per season
>>
File: Kurt in awe.jpg (28 KB, 470x429) Image search: [Google]
Kurt in awe.jpg
28 KB, 470x429
So I just found out from /news/ that Paramount is suing the guys whoa re making that Anaxar fan film.

It thought they were fine with fan films.
>>
>>68904160
Chaos on the Bridge?
>>
>>68904066
>Miles
>garbage
?????????
>>
>>68904164
I'm on season 3 episode 4 now. I think 3 planets due to hostile beings and a star base/federation transporter due to quarantine.
>>
>>68904164
TNG is actually a reconstruction based on his Captain's Logs, but the truth is Picard was a real dickhead who cordoned off those planets so he could have them to himself as holiday destinations when he retired.

He loves him some dune buggying. And he killed Yar himself, that's why her funeral was so awkward.
>>
>>68904171
I bought the entire run on DVD for 120 bucks on eBay like 5-6 years ago.
>>
>>68884353
Season one of arrow was high tier.
Season two was okayish.
Season 3 was tumblr; The Series.
There are exceptions.
>>
>>68903776
he killed wesley?
>>
>>68904246
Holy shit, this board thinks Miles is a good character?
>>
>>68897701
But what would we talk about then?
>>
>>68904431
Yes, our opinions are strange and frightening to your kind. Go back to where you came from.
>>
>>68904406
I'd prefer if he'd have killed Will Wheton.
>>
>>68904164
Even Kirk didn't quarantine off the planet that made everyone old in "The Deadly Years."
>>
>>68904431
O' Brian is fucking garbage, fite me.
>>
>>68904783
He was shit when he just operated a teleporter the computer could work anyway. Once he went to ds9 and found everlasting pain he became great. Had a very comfy bromance with Bashir too, and i hated that cunt.
>>
>people dissing O'Brien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7cXWrdHshE
>>
>>68903428
I was thinking of that too, but, those whiny Maquis… well it's a good second best.
>>
>>68904406
Implying mr crusher isn't top 5
>>
>>68884247
I liked the first seasons of DS9 way more than season 2 and 3 for TOS and the first couple seasons of TNG.
>>
>>68903994
Apparently that most difficult task for the TNG Blu-Rays was just finding and organizing all the film reels, because the film itself was not edited together and they had to locate the exact sequences that were used and distinguish them from the shots that weren't used. They weren't even able to find everything and ended up using SD shots for some scenes.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.