[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This ending was retarded. >B-but it's supposed to signify
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
This ending was retarded.

>B-but it's supposed to signify the world is a horrible place with no rhyme or reason to it
>B-but Chigurh's car crash signifies that even HE, someone who carried himself as an arbiter of life and death, can be blindsided by life!
>B-b-but it truly was No Country For Old Men
>You're just mad there were no explosions and mexican stand-offs!

Grow up, neckbeards. When you drop out of film school and realize the only proper skill you've remotely learned your entire life is your ability to bullshit on the internet and become a freelance writer on Odesk writing for a D-list blog about things you hate when you wish you could be writing about how your shitty movie endings are actually "deep", you'll realize I'm right. Book was stupid too.
>>
watch out, he's going all out with it!
>>
>>68883677
Dumb Chigurhposter
>>
>>68883713

Thanks for your contribution to the conversation, idiot. Tell me more about how Tommy Lee Jones was really the protagonist the whole time.
>>
File: 00serpico1.jpg (114 KB, 411x502) Image search: [Google]
00serpico1.jpg
114 KB, 411x502
>>68883677
agreed, the first two thirds of the movie or at least up until the street shootout was perfect. This movie had damn near everything up to that point. I'm not sure why it decided to mess with that perfect formula and create a trainwreck. It's like they (well Cormac McCarthy who's a hack anyway) were afraid of just making a really well done action movie and tried to be DEEP but they just failed utterly at that. Everything after Llewelyn kicks the bucket is terrible, other than Sheriff going back to the motel.

And people who act like we're in the wrong for wanting a regular climactic ending, have no reason to even like this movie in the first place. If it was just about Tommy Lee Jones, than nobody would give a fuck about this movie.
>>
>>68883677
>all the "b-but"s are wrong
it was about retirement you idiot not about world being a horrible place, god you're too retarded to even pick your counter arguments right
>>
>>68883677
>about how your shitty movie endings are actually "deep"
lmao this is entry level, I don't want to see your reaction to bergman, ozu or tarkovsky. LMAO you can't even with a Coen movie. Next thing you're going to see is that avengers 2 is too pretentious and artsy
>>
>>68883677
>This ending was retarded
>not understanding it's about the journey not the destination
>not enjoying the acting or cinematography
>I didn't like the ending
pleb.jpg
>>
>>68883677
>believing this movie is discussed in film school
what are you 12?
>>
>>68883677
this is too specific to not be projecting OP

>B-but Chigurh's car crash signifies that even HE, someone who carried himself as an arbiter of life and death, can be blindsided by life!

lol'd

Give some evil critique though OP why don't you like those interpretatiions?
>>
>>68883677
>moooom, everything is not packed in a nice little package for me like I expected. mooom please tell them they are wrong please

And it's funny you think the Coens are some kind of obscure artists, that movie is fucking hollywood. I bet you don't watch movies older than your birth year

You can't even deal with entry level cinema lol. You probably think PTA is a hack too.
>>
>>68884575
not him but PTA is as hack as they come
>>
>>68883802
Do you get tired of being ass-blasted?
>>
File: 1456722809196.gif (2 MB, 475x269) Image search: [Google]
1456722809196.gif
2 MB, 475x269
>>68884336
This
>>
>>68883677
Thank you. At least someone else seems to understand this movie is overrated filth which is nowhere as deep as everyone likes to think.
>>
Tommy Lee Jones got my sympathies in that scene where he was lamenting the old ways disappearing.
>>
>>68885786
And his dad telling him more or less "son, what the hell are you talking about, this has always been a shithole" was awesome.
>>
>>68885695
People don't like the movie because it's "deep". If you think NCFOM is deep you need to watch more movies.

People like it because it's a perfectly executed thriller.
>>
>>68883677
>B-but it's supposed to signify the world is a horrible place with no rhyme or reason to it

Actually the final scene of the movie indicates strongly that there will always be people "carrying the fire".
>>
>>68883677

It's pathetic, like every Coen brothers movie.
>>
>the ending was bad
><rational explanations for the ending> LOL THOSE ARE ALL DUMB
>ad-hominem
>>
>>68885695
I like the movie because of Javier and Tommy Lee Jones performance you spastic cunt. Stop shitposting whatever you see on Reddit here like some jackoff.
>>
it was just an interesting tense thriller.

If you are looking for a deeper meaning and feel dissapointed in that regard its your own fault.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.