[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you think a person becomes a good actor? Do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
How do you think a person becomes a good actor? Do you think its innate from birth?
>>
>>68880571
A lot of practice and yeah probably some amount of innate bodily control. How easily can you lie to people by controlling your movements,mannerisms,and voice to sound natural all during the reality of making a thing in front of a camera and hot lights or green screens or eating a fish or having to deal with a pretentious hack director who just wants to sell toys
>>
>>68880571
Hard work and luck.
Some actors are discovered almost out of drama school whole others have to pay their dues for years (decades?) before they hit it big.
you just have to try to be the best you can be at your craft and put yourself in positions to be noticed, and not get discouraged when people ignore you, which they probably will for a lot of your career.
>>
>>68880571
personality disorder
>>
>>68880571
be a jew
>>
Be a white male.
>>
>>68882668
/thread
Mods delete this thread, there is no point continuing this
>>
File: Aguirre (19).jpg (130 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Aguirre (19).jpg
130 KB, 600x800
>>68880571
Passion and hellish practice in front of a mirror.
>>
>>68880571
By doing one movie every five years and spending a year of prep time before shooting.

Oldman is a good actor. DDL is just an example of what heights you can reach with adequate prep time.
>>
Who else here is shit at judging acting talent?
Obviously I can spot a 'bad actor' like something Tommy Wiseau tier, but I have never really been able to watch a mainstream film and say 'he did a good job acting, he did a poor job'
>>
>>68883560
I've always wondered how people can tell the difference between a bad actor ACTING by shouting and getting "emotional" and a good actor acting by shouting and getting "emotional." Like what separates DDL angry outburst in There Will Be Blood from Leo's vein-popping outbursts in a lot of his movies? People seem to like DDL in his scene, but give Leo shit for overacting in his.
>>
>>68880680
See actors don't lie, they become the lie and make it honest.
>>
File: 1461596577799.gif (3 MB, 220x242) Image search: [Google]
1461596577799.gif
3 MB, 220x242
>>68880680
/thread
>>
>>68880571
>get discovered for being handsome
>do a shitty job for a while
>age a bit and become even more handsome
>experience starts to pile up from doing crap, start getting better
>people say you're a good actor, you don't even give a shit

seems to be a popular route
>>
>>68880571
the strong motivations they have for lying, whether it is about being beneficial to them or for others who knows, but one thing is for sure, you can't really teach the desire to entertain.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.