[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Woof Woof!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12
File: Army Dog.jpg (33 KB, 279x402) Image search: [Google]
Army Dog.jpg
33 KB, 279x402
>My mind is numb from years of deployment. A single year seems to last seven. They say the world is full of beautiful colors. It all looks black and white to me.
>A question swirls around my brain - somebody stateside asked me, years ago... "Who's a good boy?"
>I've learned that out here, there are none. We don't all go to heaven.
>>
>that scene when army dog has flashbacks to the war and rips that little kids throat out

jesus dude i bought it at the gas station for my wifes son and he started crying
>>
>that scene where Army Dog calls his neighbor a filthy fucking hook

Jesus Christ, how did they get away with it?
>>
You didnt write this post
I wrote this post
>>
>>68876139
Fuck you autocorrect I meant gook
>>
The rape scene was a little over the top. Most of the people walked out of the theater by that point. All in all I wouldn't say it's worth the effort.
>>
>>68876078
Why are they marketing this movie like one of those "air bud puppies in space" flicks?

I saw the trailer and it seemed like an adult drama with a dog in it.
>>
File: EyHu5Bu.jpg (42 KB, 635x626) Image search: [Google]
EyHu5Bu.jpg
42 KB, 635x626
>>68876166
Well, this is odd.

I actually did write this post. It was in one of the large Army Dog threads we had (this one was on March 21st)

It was well received, so I saved the text and thought I'd pasta it later. Tweaked a couple words and formatting this time.

So....
>>
>>68876119

It calls back to the time his NCO ordered him to rape and kill the wife and kids of the guerilla lieutenant. Death and desolation are parts of his blood.

Good thing he knew how to bury the body in the neighbor's backyard.
>>
>buster turns to alcoholism and starts beating his pups

Movie was to raw imo
>>
>the five minute long shot of Army Dog dragging his squadmate out of the line of fire while he's crying for help and his guts are falling out into the dirt

holy fuck i thought that was a little unnecessary.
>>
The scene where after his buddy is killed he massacres the prisoners was very uncomfortable
>>
Did anyone else find the scene where Army Dog murders that mom in front of her child, and then rapes the child a little much? Like I get what they were going for but come on, my kids were watching
>>
File: armytit.jpg (20 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
armytit.jpg
20 KB, 600x315
>I DON'T CARE IF THEY'RE TWELVE YEARS OLD, ARMY DOG!! THESE FUCKING HAJIS ARE GONNA PAY FOR FALLUJAH. PUT SOME FUCKING QUIET PILLS IN THEIR SKULLS

>Woof Woof! We were supposed to be liberators!
>>
Army Dog truly was the defining film of the Vietnam war. Its themes of nihilism, war, and what it truly means to live on this Earth were so intricate and well thought out, it seemed like something straight from the mind of Terrence Malick or Alfred Hitchcock.
While watching the film, the viewer can observe as Connor transforms from a small, innocent pup, into the battle scarred wolf we all remember. The scene at the end where Connor can only give his owners a thousand yard stare after they hand him a chew toy perfectly exemplifies this. You can see the horrors of what he experienced in his eyes. The knotting of all those Vietnamese women, the time he had to watch his friend Buddy as he descended into madness and eventually suicide after playing that last game of Russian roulette together, all those people he watched his now dead sergeant Mark Wahlberg slaughter mercilessly... its all there. But the dog he once was isn't.
>>
File: mercerislandresident.jpg (31 KB, 736x571) Image search: [Google]
mercerislandresident.jpg
31 KB, 736x571
>The knotting of all those Vietnamese women,

I say, old boy!
>>
>>68876400
Yeah, didn't you see those scenes? I can't believe they actually showed Connor fucking those nam sluts on screen. Something about their screams tells me it wasn't simulated...
>>
>Casper Van Dien

Why does he keep starring in so many tongue-in-cheek anti-war propaganda?
>>
>>68876478
I wonder if it at least earned them SAG cards.

Something tells me no.
>>
File: butthead.jpg (88 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
butthead.jpg
88 KB, 720x480
>>68876497
>Casper Van Dien

>Children: Grace Van Dien, Maya Van Dien, Celeste Van Dien, Cappy Van Dien

>Cappy
>>
>>68876532
What made you think that? The fact that they were bathed in napalm and set aloght by Markie Mark, or the fact that they weren't even in the credits?
>>
Who is this movie for? Kids? Families?

I honestly don't understand who this was intended for. It reminds me of when you're walking through a furniture store perusing the larger pieces (desks, coffee tables) and you see fake fruit sitting in a bowl to model how a certain piece of furniture would look if it were being used. This movie is like a prop dvd you would see sitting in a model home to demonstrate what it would look like if you lived there and had a tv.
>>
>>68876579
I was musing whether an anguished scream counts as a speaking role
>>
File: steven-seagal-4.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
steven-seagal-4.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>>68876636
Did you even watch the film?
>>
File: 3x04_Notapusy_(22).png (538 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
3x04_Notapusy_(22).png
538 KB, 1000x563
>>68876636
>I thought that was a HomeFill?
>>
>Army dog spends half the movie in sexual assault awareness seminars
>humps the new corporal corgi after drinking all night
>confused look when there is another rape prevention presentation
>>
Man... I cant get that image out of my head.
You know, that scene where Army Dog is drinking from his water bowl and then all of a sudden you see a flash of a dead soldier with his face hanging off, in the reflection of the water.
Jesus, that gives me chills. The image of that dead face, utterly torn apart, still haunts me long after viewing this film.

Powerful stuff.
>>
>>68876241
I wrote this reply
>>
>>68876869
Surely this wasn't in Army Dog? Army Dog was set during the Vietnam War. Why would he have to go to sexual awareness seminars if the majority of the film is him in Vietnam?

I think you're talking about the direct to DVD sequel starring Connor's son.
>>
>>68876078
>that scene where army dog uses his e-tool to kill two unsuspecting hajjis

holy fuck. How did they do that? Did you see the way that first guy's head came apart? looked way too real.
>>
>>68876320
>Quiet pills

You took me right back to Iraq, 2005
>>
File: charlie_meadows.jpg (88 KB, 1016x572) Image search: [Google]
charlie_meadows.jpg
88 KB, 1016x572
>>68876898
...which reply?

This one?
>>
>>68876166
>>68876241
>>68876898
>wanting credit on 4chan
get a trip you faggots
>>
File: saddog.jpg (23 KB, 568x346) Image search: [Google]
saddog.jpg
23 KB, 568x346
>the scene where he goes to the military hospital to look after Spot
>he bursts through the door and barks at the top of his lungs
>he suddenly stops to wag his tail as he finds out, that Spot gone to heaven
>"Was he your Colonel?", the nurse asked in a husky voice
>No
>
>*a single tear rolls down his manly dog-face*
>...
>He was my brother

holy shit, I cried like a bitch. That dog really hasnt its day
>>
The movie was pretty ruff but some of you are exaggerating
>>
This meme is not funny.
>>
File: budKI.jpg (55 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
budKI.jpg
55 KB, 500x414
>that scene where Army Dog's squad mate is sitting on the bathroom, with the barrel of his rifle under his chin, crying "I'm already in a world of dog shit" before shooting the drill instructor and himself

Jesus fucking christ, this movie was intense.
>>
>>68877052
I cried
>>
>>68876345
What an outstanding analysis of this perfect film.
A future classic.
>>
>>68876078
>All of Army Dogs flashbacks are in black and white.
A nice touch.
>>
>Day 56 of being "Lost"
>It's hard to tell whose a good boy anymore. Maybe there are no more good boys out there.
>I do my thing every day with a hole inside and let rainbow bridge sort em out.
>>
I think it was amazing symbolism to have Pvt. Connor and some of the squad portrayed as dogs, and some of the members, like Mark Wahlberg as humans, marking the differences between them, and explaing how for some, the war was truly hell, and for others, the war was the only place they ever felt alive.

Spoiler for noncanon stuff
Honestly, compiling these ideas would be a fucking great idea for a real Army Dog Vietnam War film. We could play off the fact that they were animals, symbolizing how they are out of their natural element, forced to do things they never would have done before, and have Mark Wahlberg as himself, symbolizing how for some, Vietnam was the only place they were ever truly human. The one place they belonged.
>>
>>68876078
That ending where the dog goes back to Iraq to fight ISIS and get's off the plane while Khyber Pass by Ministry is playing was really powerful.
>>
>>68876255
I'm pretty sure it's "gorilla" here
>>
IT AINT FLEAAASS
>>
i knew right away i made a mistake renting this movie but my wifes son insisted

i had to turn it off when he ordered the air strike on that village, just because of what they did to bobby

now my wife is mad at me because her son has nightmares about the movie
>>
File: deerhuntertruth-4.jpg (73 KB, 640x286) Image search: [Google]
deerhuntertruth-4.jpg
73 KB, 640x286
>>
>>68876570
"Dien" means "insane" or "mental" in Vietnamese.
Just so you know.
This movie's the real deal.
>>
>>68879301
>One shot
What did he mean by this?
>>
Did anyone see the behind the scenes?
>>
>>68880394
Utterly horrifying. Seeing the the way the designed the authentic torture machines that Lt. Kibbles used in his career as a murderer of Vietnamese people after the war was traumatizing.
>>
>>68876345
This was an underrated post.
>>
>>68880394
The director was fucking insane and terrifying. You can see the fear in the actors
>>
>>68880484
fucking raimi
>>
>that scene where "I Was Only 2 and 3/4" starts playing
>>
ITT: Pleb tourists act like this is some kind of underrated patrician Vietnam shylokino
I bet you all haven't even watched the words of D'Almace, or seen Golden Retriever Down
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.