[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the best holocaust movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: the-pianist-1.jpg (51 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
the-pianist-1.jpg
51 KB, 1280x800
Was this the best holocaust movie?
>>
Yeah, it's great fiction.
>>
hell no
>>
>>68871109
My upvotes tell me Schindler's list is better
>>
>>68871109

shoah was better and schindlers list
>>
>>68871215
first post best post
>>
I like it. Doesn't give you as much of a "propaganda" vibe since in the end it seems like it was more about portraying the adversity of war as a whole rather than just muh 6 million.
>>
DUDE YOU'D HAVE TO BURN 8000 BODIES PER DAY PER CAMP TO REACH THE REPORTED DEATH NUMBERS YET NO REMAINS OR TEETH HAVE BEEN FOUND LMAO
>>
>>68871284
>>68871296

Schindler's List is so leaden and sanctimonious. Why couldn't Spielberg have some fun with the situation? Where was the adventure and joy displayed in Raiders?

Spielberg must've really hated the script.
>>
File: holocaust+denial.jpg (185 KB, 1306x1600) Image search: [Google]
holocaust+denial.jpg
185 KB, 1306x1600
>>68871367

caps lock doesn't make you say more important...in fact it shows desperation
>>
Sophie's Choice is really good

also I enjoyed Escape from Sobibor when I watched it in class for high school but I don't really remember it now
>>
>>68871420

no..as a matter of fact shindlers list was a gift to his Mother...SPR was a gift to his Father
>>
>>68871470
>Escape from Sobibor

Was that the first Snake Plissken movie or something?
>>
>>68871606
it does become something of an outrageous film by the end
>>
>>68871109
>holocaust
>implying
>>
I think Son of Saul takes the top spot for being the only Holocaust film that genuinely represents the material that often gets ignored in Holocaust memoirs and narratives and portrays "camp life" as something other than this stagnant petri dish. Son of Sault felt like an adaptation of Survival in Auschwitz or This Way to the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen.
>>
>>68872924
Agreed
Also it followed a character that wasn't interested in any of the usual spiels about heroism, justice or even survival, but was doing something through which he thought he could find meaning in his hopelessly bleak circumstance
>>
>>68871109
I saw this film, no penises at all
>>
>>68871109
The Pianist was hardly about Jews than it was about survival and losing everything to war. Great fucking movie
>>
No.
>>
>>68875345
Propaganda
>>
>>68871109
Top 5 holohoax movies

1. Schindlers list
2. Pianist
3. Boy in stripped pajamas
4. Uprising
5. Jacob the liar
>>
>>68875407
Good Propaganda*
>>
File: 197_BD_348x490_r_original.png (71 KB, 348x490) Image search: [Google]
197_BD_348x490_r_original.png
71 KB, 348x490
>>68875407
just because it's propaganda doesn't mean its false

Russia understands this better than most other nations
>>68871109
pic related
>>
>>68875425
What a pleb list
>>
>>68875488
Make a better list goy
>>
>>68875525
1. Come and See
2. Son of Saul
3. Shoah
4. Night and Fog
5. Pianist
>>
>>68875598
Alright rabbit you convinced me

I concede
>>
>>68871420
>Why couldn't Spielberg have some fun with (the holocaust)
10/10 m8. Top assburgers.

But the "I could have done more" scene was way too cheesy.
>>
>>68875525
Son of Saul
The Night Overtake Me
Shoah
The Night Porter
Au revoir les enfants
>>
>>68875425
>Boy in stripped pajamas
stopped reading there
>>
>>68875425
>Boy in stripped pajamas

Good comedy 2bh
>>
File: TheGreyZone.jpg (17 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
TheGreyZone.jpg
17 KB, 182x268
>>68871109
I liked "The Grey Zone" the best, myself. The director actually uses the Holocaust to say something, rather than just as weepy kitsch. Harvey Keitel--though his German accent is kinda bad--is probably the most fascinating movie Nazi I've ever seen.
>>
Huge fan of The Pianist. Very visceral introduction to the concept of persecution. Adrien Brody is GOAT and the exploration of the moral ambiguity of war is a great topic especially for such a shoehorned topic as the holocaust.

Schindler's list is amazingly well crafted and acted. It just doesn't display complexity. The film is fairly generic but serves as a good historical introduction to the topic of the holocaust it.

Boy in Striped Pajamas takes a new and interesting approach by examining adolescent innocence and the existential issue genocide poses for humanity.

I enjoy the pianist th most because it has a really well rounded approach that isn't stale and engulfs into the life of the subject character
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.