[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why can't Marvel write a good villain anymore? the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Civil-War-Review-5.jpg?d55623.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Civil-War-Review-5.jpg?d55623.jpg
336 KB, 1920x1080
why can't Marvel write a good villain anymore? the last good one they had was Jeff Bridges in Iron Man
>>
Is this real? it looks like a drawing.
>>
>>68869510
Kilgrave and Kingpin were great.
Just because every other character in Jessica Jones was bad doesn't take away from the fact that Kilgrave was a well written interesting villain.

Also Kingpin was just generally great. Especially with based Wesley RIP
>>
>>68869534
are you kidding? I make better drawings than that
was a good comic movie, though. And they really did well with the airport scene
>>
It was mostly about heroes fighting each other anyway. Zemo was just there to provide the reason.
>>
>>68869510
Rumlow was great in TWS.
>>
>>68869510
But anon, Iron Man had a lot of setup and motivations to do what he did.
>>
>>68869510

Because a proper villain might distract from le wacky quips.
>>
>>68869510
Because the best ones are with fox
>>
>>68870116
Why is everyone so angry about the quips?
>>
>>68870167
>you mean like, dr. doom?
the first one was the best and that one was awful

Oscar Isaac might deliver a good performance in Apocalypse, though. I'm not even sure if Xmen is Fox
>>
>>68870225
did not mean to quote
>>
>>68870167
Worst is, since Galactus, Doom and Silver Surfer are part of the Fantastic 4 license, they will never use them, since they need Marvel's permission to mix the Fantastic 4 and X-Men licenses, so they are literally not going to do anything with them.
Some of the best villains will never be used at all.
>>
>>68869980
he was literally who

not memorable at all
>>
>>68870323
Thanos is nice though.
>>
File: mckellen.jpg (18 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
mckellen.jpg
18 KB, 240x320
This is the best cinematic Marvel Comics villain by a country mile and it has much to do with the scripts giving a shit about him and the director truly letting the actor act.

If one looks at all of the actors casted in Marvel Studios movies all there is to see is wasted potential. They could have had many more memorable villains than just Loki. I would even go so far as to suggest that Loki and Loki's role in The Avengers is an underrated element in the massive success of the movie.
>>
>>68869510
Loki was p. good fampai
>>
>>68869510
>anymore
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.