[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it should just be called Frances because i didnt laugh one fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 1431872688677.jpg (18 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
1431872688677.jpg
18 KB, 182x268
it should just be called Frances because i didnt laugh one fucking time
>>
>tfw no Frances/Greta gf
kill me
>>
It should be called Ha because they didn't go to France one fucking time.
>>
I liked it
>>
>>68867584
... either you didn't watch the movie and are incredibly unlucky or did watch the movie and are completely retarded.
>>
File: 740full-greta-gerwig.jpg (475 KB, 740x862) Image search: [Google]
740full-greta-gerwig.jpg
475 KB, 740x862
>>68867584
b-but they do
>>
>>68867304
So she kills herself at the end, right?
>>
Baumbach's best film imo.
>>
>>68867623
>>68867643

Didn't think anyone here would have seen it :^)
>>
File: 1444558931141.png (1 MB, 740x862) Image search: [Google]
1444558931141.png
1 MB, 740x862
>>68867584
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but they do
>>
>>68867650
worse, her fate was that of a wageslave
>>
>>68867654
dating Greta really made him lighten up.

>ywn be saved by a Nordic indie cinema goddess ;______;
just dance me quixotically to my grave already
>>
>>68867686
w-what is this? y-you too.
>>
>>68867304
it's kino, fuck you
>>
Nothing about this movie's poster, title, or Wikipedia summary makes me want to see it. It seems insufferable.
>>
>>68868094
then fuck off back to your capeshit threads.

this is exactly why we need /film/
>>
>>68868207
Ah, the elevated discourse of the true patrician. Very refreshing!
>>
>>68868279
why do you expect elevated discourse if you haven't even seen it? use your brain, pleb.
>>
>>68868279
So he should explain why the faggot should see it?
If he doesnt want to, he doesnt want to.
The "watch this i get this movie its great look at them references" reviews are just ego fellatio, you're supposed to talk about a movie with people who've seen it.
>>
>>68867730
His stuff was pretty good before her too.
Squid and The Whale is fantastic, its not half as fun as this or Mistress America but its his best one to date imo
>>
>>68868585
ego onanism*
>>
>>68868585
>>68868431
You think you're cultured because you watched a movie by and about New York "artsy" types, but you two can't even type properly or defend your taste in movies.
>>
>>68868637
that stuff is great (especially Greenberg but I guess they were dating then) but it doesn't have the comedic 'pop' that Frances or Mistress has. They're broader in tone which really helps his acerbic and self-serious verbiage.

>>68868754
>You think you're cultured
lmao at this presumptious garbage. youre screaming at windmills. go back to whatever plebian joyless shit you watch.
>>
>>68868094
>getting triggered over nonironic or memetic commentary on modern day Upper New York

Kek

>>68867304
I did. It was based, reminded me of annie hall which will forever cuck Star wars and manchildren
>>
>>68867389
I cried when I learned that Greta isnt Jewish
>>
>hurr durr its black n white so its sophisticated
>>
>>68868754
Dude, no one is saying or bragging how cultured they are for watching this. Only if they're tryhard neo hipsters. Speaking for myself here, I just happen to love watching films that aren't generic by the numbers kids movies but I don't satanize them either. Stop being so autistic
>>
>>68869051
Anything that's not capeshit is tryhard garbage that's trying to trick you into thinking that it's deep.

That's basically the mindset of everyone now.
>>
Does /tv/ hate Greta because she cucked one of their favorites, based JJL?
>>
>>68869016
she has a very Germanic/Nordic look. She's a valkyrie.

plus her middle name is fucking beautiful.
>>
File: sundance portrait.jpg (141 KB, 662x993) Image search: [Google]
sundance portrait.jpg
141 KB, 662x993
Greta Gerwig is the best.
>>
>>68869111
that just gives me more reason to hate Noah, not Greta.

First he divorces a patrician tier actress and waifu. Then he takes our generation's patrician waifu.

He's literally a devil in tweed.
>>
>>68869111
JJL?
>>
>>68869222
Jennifer Jason Leigh.
>>
File: jewfus.jpg (810 KB, 1312x1749) Image search: [Google]
jewfus.jpg
810 KB, 1312x1749
>>68869137
She was my indie queen Jewfu, anon! Until she wasn't ;(
>>
>>68869095
This is why manchildren should be eliminated. I have no problem with those flicks but damn the fans are plain insufferable and have no business being critical of other films
>>
>>68869279
Donna is Jewish? Wow, I had no idea.
>>
>>68869279
Herschlag is jewish??!
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.