[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: dredd-poster-big.jpg (644 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
dredd-poster-big.jpg
644 KB, 733x1100
Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's failure?

Can't people just admit that they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time?
>>
>>68865468
It was bad marketing. Trailer made it look like shit.

THen I watched it. It was epic.
>>
File: dredd.gif (2 MB, 331x240) Image search: [Google]
dredd.gif
2 MB, 331x240
>>68865468
5 years isocube for making this thread again, creep
>>
>>68865468
Can a British comic book character in a British comic book actually be capeshit? Judge Dredd doesn't seem very capeshit to me.
>>
Dredd is based as fuck. It had terrible marketing, the orginal sucked, plus it was hyped as a 3D movie and 3D movies blow. Took me a while before I gave this a shot and loved it.
>>
>>68865468
dredd isn''t capeshit, it's action
>>
>>68865468
>Tired of capeshit

Di you know how many capeshit movies where coming out before and after Dredd and doing better than it? It just wasn't advertised correctly. As stupid as it may sound, people needed to be told that even though it wasn't Marvel or DC this shit was worth checking out.
>>
>>68865468
>capeshit
nigger Dredd was an action flick. With that being said it was a great movie. 10/10
>>
People probably thought it was just "oh they made a remake of that 90's stallone movie huh."
>>
>Dredd
>capeshit
Bait
>>
>3D comic book reboot of terrible 90s Stallone flick

I was shocked by how fucking good it was. I started reading the comics from the beginning (40 years of them), and I've never read comics before.
>>
>>68865468

I am the only capeshit fan who thought this movie wasn't anything special? I mean it wasn't shit but it was basically just a glorified 80s action flick
>>
I feel like I'm the only one who didn't like this movie. Just a couple hours of gun play and shit dialogue.
>>
>>68868311
>just a glorified 80s action flick

Yeah? well when was the last time we got one of those? 1989?
>>
if people saw it as "more capeshit" that would be a marketing failure
>>
Dredd/Batman crossover film when?

They've thrown every other fucker in the DC Cinematic Universe, may as well give us some sweet Die Laughing action while they are at it.
>>
>>68868353

I guess I just don't like 80s action flicks
>>
>>68868311
A glorified 80's action flick is much better then a modern action flick. Capeshit it garbage but I enjoyed this.
>>
>>68868311
> it was basically just a glorified 80s action flick
And it was great.
No over the top settings
No endless quips
Just business and people getting btfo
>>
>>68868388
>They've thrown every other fucker in the DC Cinematic Universe
Not even remotely close

>>68868333

I didn't really like the atmosphere, lighting and camera work either. It looked like a cheap small budget movie
>>
File: 1455393631202.jpg (112 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
1455393631202.jpg
112 KB, 1060x404
>>68865468
>sequel never
>>
>>68868388
Dredd isn't DC tho
>>
File: GTFO.gif (2 MB, 589x331) Image search: [Google]
GTFO.gif
2 MB, 589x331
>>68868415
>>
File: batmandredd.jpg (447 KB, 1600x1222) Image search: [Google]
batmandredd.jpg
447 KB, 1600x1222
>>68868388
>>68868497
They've crossed over in the comic. It was in-continuity for Dredd, too.
>>
>capeshit
>a movie where there are no capes
>>
>>68868460

Sorry mate you're correct, what I actually meant was they've already used all the good characters and a few more.
>>
>>68868533

I only like the ones with Arnie in it. Can I stay?
>>
>>68868649
k bby
>>
>>68868497

Dredd and Batman have crossed over in the comics 4 times, it's all canon as far as Dredd is concerned (there's none of the rebooting/retconning business and only very limited 'alternate' timeline business with 2000ad that is common with Marvel/DC).

Dredd, Batman, Joker, Dark Judges. $2 billion at the box office.
>>
>>68868311
You thought it wasn't anything special BECAUSE you are a capeshit fan, you shit taste fucking fag.
>>
>>68865468
I'm not sure audiences are interested in the hyper-violent action sci-fi anymore. They sorta died out in the 90s after they peaked in the 80s. Is the market even there?
>>
where did this 80s action flick bullshit start? it was an action movie with a straightforward premise. some great examples of that came out during the 80s but it was hardly the defining feature. "80s" is basically a buzzword at this point

the best thing about Dredd wasn't even the action scenes, it was the perfectly realized setting and brutal tone.
>>
>>68869021

Not really. I hear straight white males aren't allowed in cinemas anymore.
>>
>>68865468
failure?

I liked it, a lot of people did
not every film has disney's unlimited fund to brainwash people into thinking it's worth seeing
>>
>>68869024
The only reasons people call it an "80's action movie" is because the story follows the Die Hard formula. And you're right, the action is decent but hardly remarkable, it's everything else that makes it so memorable.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.