[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forrest Gump=Nice guy Jenny=The modern feminist woman Jenny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7
File: gumprev.jpg (48 KB, 840x355) Image search: [Google]
gumprev.jpg
48 KB, 840x355
Forrest Gump=Nice guy
Jenny=The modern feminist woman

Jenny would rather be a "free spirited liberal woman" that dies of AIDS than be tied down to a nice guy like Forrest.
>>
He was also retarded.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (9 KB, 195x230) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
9 KB, 195x230
>>68859268
>nice guy
>>
>>68859290
He clearly had trouble communicating, but if anything he seemed to be a super-human. Look at all the shit he managed to accomplish in his life.
>>
>>68859356
can anyone explain this?
>>
I think there was supposed to be a point about how she was destroyed by an evil world?
But judging by the company she kept its hard to feel sorry for her.
>>
>>68859403
Yeah, it's a movie.
>>
>>68859403
>>68859356

it's fucking fiction
>>
>>68859268
She'd had a fucked up childhood
>>
>>68859419
...based on a true story
>>
>>68859268
You really should read some of the thinkpieces that state that Jenny was a powerful woman and blame Forrest as a misogynistic white male wish fulfillment fantasy.
>>
>>68859356
>>68859403

Its called determination.

If anything he was too stupid to give up.
>>
>>68859268
That's the moral of the story

feminism doesn't end well but being a literal retard does
>>
>>68859403
It's called luck
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrest_Gump_(novel)

book is better
>>
>>68859446
Who doesnt?
>>
>>68859403
Rather than being retarded, I think he just had a social disorder like high functioning autism. The fact that he had excellent physical coordination, was successful in the military, became one of the worlds best at a sport, was an expert fisherman, etc kind of precludes the possibility that he was retarded in the traditional sense. His main problem, besides speech, was just that he had an obsessive personality. He would focus on one thing to the exclusion of all else, usually with amazing results. In fact, the movie Forest Gump is nothing but a string of obsessions which he succeeds at, and two obessions he fails at (AIDS girl and wheelchair guy)
>>
>>68859528
I didn't.
>>
>>68859539
how the fk did he fail lt dan you retard? he saved his life and made him a billionaire
>>
>>68859483
She was in multiple abusive relationships and a drug addict.

Not the exact definition of powerful
>>
>>68859528
Then what are you doing here?
>>
>>68859583
And indirectly helped him marry his Vietnamese wife.
>>
>>68859583
It's been a long time since I've seen the movie but I thought Dan killed himself. I guess I was mistaken.

In that case, then it's nothing but obsessions he succeeds at. In fact, you could even say he succeeded with his gf eventually because she settled for him after going on a decade long cock and coke binge so she could get him to raise her kid which probably has AIDS
>>
>>68859453
No it's not. Many of the events that happen are based off of historical moments but Forrest Gump isn't a real person.
>>
It's sad knowing the kid wasn't even Gump's. Of course a dirty lying whore like Jenny would say it is though. Neither Jenny or Gump are intelligent, yet the kid is super bright? Yea ok. She clearly got her womb splattered by a medley of various cums and then shat out some spawn.
>>
>>68859802
gump is intelligent, he just has autism

I agree it's very likely not his kid, though
>>
>>68859539
>>68859677

He's literally stupid. They IQ test him in school and find out he's right there with the retards. He routinely says and does stupid things in response to other people, demonstrating the simplicity of his thought processes, like "But you ain't got no legs Lt. Dan" and mooning LBJ

He's like Peter Sellars' character Chancey Gardener in Being There. Imbecile who only looks capable because of luck and a perfect convergence of circumstances.
>>
>>68859802
He probably wasn't, but not all retardation is genetic. Gump's mother was perfectly normal, he could easily have fathered a perfectly normal child.
>>
File: spartan5331.png (60 KB, 664x793) Image search: [Google]
spartan5331.png
60 KB, 664x793
>>68859539
>his obsession with Lt. Dan fails

Nigger, Lt. Dan's amazing character arch is all because of Forrest and his time spent with him.

>mfw "don't you ever call him stupid!"
>>
>>68859779
but its not 100% fiction. i mean, those things in the story actually happened
>>
>>68859802
>the kid wasn't even Gump's
Do people really believe this?
>>
>>68859840
>gump is intelligent, he just has autism

Gump was a verified retard. He was not autistic, he was retarded.
>>
Jenny is the villain of the film and one of the worst villains in all of fiction in terms of the damage they do to the protagonist.

Voldemort may have killed Harry's parents but he didn't completely buttrape his life.
>>
oh god, there was a reddit thread that basically turned jenny into a hero. her life was real tough or some shit, so that justified her shitty behavior. cuck central
>>
>>68859356
GARY STU
>>
>>68860090
you a fan of Halo anon? i used to play when i was in high school. thinking of buying an xbox one and the MC collection to relive the glory days.
>>
>>68860160

What evidence do you have for the kid being Gump's? Jenny's word? What is that worth?

She's a whore who made nothing but bad decision after bad decision her entire life. Based on that, what do you think is more plausible?
>>
>>68860226
She had sex with him without a condom, and the film gave no indication that it wasn't his child.
>>
>>68860208
>ywn play halo again with your high school bros

Fucking sleep over with the boys and video games where the best days planet earth had ever seen or might ever see.
>>
>young woman would rather live her life than marry a literal retarded person

What a bitch.
>>
>>68860200
nice dubs but you should go back to plebbit
>>
>>68860299
y... you too
>>
>>68860278
>ordering a pizza and running co-op Halo CE on legenedary all night with your friend
>>
>>68860297
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>68860297
Not to mention that because of his literal retardation she sees him as a child and is worried of taking advantage of him just like her father took advantage of her when she was a child.

But no, go ahead you guys, keep this illogical meme going...
>>
>>68860278
Yeah, until that one kid wants to play sword fight using their own penis. Anyone ever get it their mouth before haha? Like, by mistake you know haha.
>>
>>68860267

How many other people do you think she fucked without a condom, being that she was a raging whore? Hell, she probably gave Forrest AIDS too.

Indication the film gave that it wasn't his child:
1. Jenny is a lying whore who makes nothing but bad decisions
2. She raised the kid for a few years alone instead of going back to Forrest (a multimillionaire). She was probably with someone else who left her.
3. The kid is really smart; Forrest is retarded.
>>
>>68859268

Forest Gump has always been considered overrated trash on 4chan since the day it was first brought up. Why are we rehashing stale memes?

>mildly retarded man loves woman he has known since childhood
>he goes on to accomplish a ton of shit including being a world ping pong champion, and even a multi millionaire with a shrimp business
>woman treats Forest like shit even though she knows he loves her
>goes on to become a hippie, whoring herself around and doing drugs
>eventually gets AIDS
>has sex with Forest one time, and at the end as she's dying of AIDS, and has a kid, she says she loves him and tells him that the kid is his, even though there's no guarantee that it is

The only thing I liked about this movie was Lieutenant Dan. He was the only cool guy in this film.
>>
well it's not like she chose to die of aids

she chose to live free and not get stuck with the weird goof
>>
>>68860403
that's because you're an edgy teen that can't appreciate a good film when you see one.
>>
>>68859356
>>68859403
>autists are generally good at one thing, forest was good at being a soldier
>he just happen to be an idiot and pickup the book from that black girl, getting him on TV
>he could run fast for *reasons* so he made the alabama team
>he just happened to meet the creator of bubba-gump shrimp
>he just happened to go out to sea with him
>they just happened to have the only boat that didn't get sunk by the hurricane so they caught a bunch of shrimp
>he gave lt. dan a job because he liked him
>lt. dan got him invested in apple so he made millions

literally everything he did was based on luck or autism
>>
>>68860443

Where was the good film? Because it wasn't Forest Gump, which was basically a love story that played on boomer nostalgia.
>>
>>68860358
>Giving Jenny this much credit

I know it's b8 but at least try. You're reading straight out of that Reddit aren't you? I bet you right that if I google part of your post it'll lead me to a Reddit thread.
>>
[TRIGGER WARNING]

[TRIGGER WARNING]

http://www.buzzfeed.com/arianelange/forrest-gump-20th-anniversary-awful

[END OF TRIGGER WARNING]

[END OF TRIGGER WARNING]
>>
File: 145983520395376.png (87 KB, 417x234) Image search: [Google]
145983520395376.png
87 KB, 417x234
>>68860359
In retrospect we used to rough house shirtless a lot
>>
>>68859268
>>68859539
>>68859677
>>68860372
>>68860403
>>68860432

It's not AIDS: It's not specified in the film, but in the sequel book "Gump & Co" the author mentions that Jenny dies from Hepatitis C as a former drug addict in the early 70s. Hepatitis C was an unknown disease until 1989.
>>
>>68859539
>became one of the worlds best at a sport,
College level murikaball
>>
>>68860572
That book sucked balls man. When fanfiction comes straight from the original author.
>>
>>68859268
She was repeatedly molested by her dad ofc she's not gonna grow up to be a pure waifu.
>>
>>68860463
>>68859508
>>68859491
>>68859437
>>68859419
Bitter nerds who have done nothing with their lives. You don't even have to have average intelligence to do well. The "school retard" I grew up with is now a successful elevator repairman, makes mad dosh.
>>
>>68860677
Yup.
>>
>>68860656
>College level murikaball
>Ping pong world champion.
>>
>>68859840
>gump is intelligent, he just has autism
Name one considered and intelligent choice he made. He was a retard, who when emotionally charged, was blessed with the physical super strength and focus of a down syndrome kid.

He just didn't have the massive arse, default beatle haircut and sameface that the downers have.
>>
>>68860572
>>68860677
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gump_and_Co.

holy shit those plot lines man

>It is then revealed to Forrest that he was going to be the fall guy as he signed the paperwork for all the shady deals. The three are persecuted by an overzealous lawyer, whom Forrest thinks he "acts like he is the mayor". The trial is soon disrupted with news of a crash, and pandemonium ensues. Forrest is knocked out in the mayhem, wakes up in his penthouse to be met by two MPs, who tell him that due to an error in being medically released while in Vietnam, his enlistment has yet to expire and he is back on active duty. He is taken from New York to a remote post in Alaska, while his son stays behind.
>>
>>68860522
Not that guy, but what he said wasn't even subtext, it was basically spelled out in dialogue. Get some basic comprehension skills.
>>
>>68860519
>a love story that played on boomer nostalgia.
Next time a conversation about movies comes about I'm forcing it in the direction of Gump and stealing this line.
>>
>>68860556
>c'mon guys! baby oil fight yayy!
>>
>>68860782
>chink mini tennis
>sport
>>
>>68861030
>being wrong about knowledge of a movie
>implies
>>
>>68860821
The book sounds terrible. It's amazing they pulled a good movie out of it.
>>
Can we all agree that if you dislike this film you not only hate cinema but hate life as well?
>>
>>68859403
Divine Grace.
>>
>>68859677

He jumps off the boat, but he's just swimming around in finally-forgiven-myself bliss or whatever.

He shows up at the end with prosthetic legs and a Vietnamese wife. He gave up his hatred of himself and the world.
>>
>>68859268
Forrest Bump looks like The Situation from Jersey Shore.
>>
>>68859403
No matter how dumb you are, if you just give it you're all you can do anything.

It's a movie about humanity.
>>
>>68859268
>Jenny=The modern feminist woman

nah, she was just a tree-huggin' hippie.
>>
>this literal retard is nice to me, just like he is to every person he meets
>I should give up on life now and stay with him forever, because one person is nice to me
This is what virgins actually believe

>>68860678
Everybody loves to ignore this
>>
File: beta 2.png (971 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
beta 2.png
971 KB, 720x1280
>>68859268
>Nice guy
>>
>>68863774
reminder there are orbiters in this thread, right now, reading this post.
>>
File: 1452196207961s.jpg (2 KB, 119x125) Image search: [Google]
1452196207961s.jpg
2 KB, 119x125
>>68860685
>tfw the stupid disgusting fat arabfuck from your class grew up to be vp on his fathers money exchange company and he's still stupid disgusting and fat while i haven't eaten more than once a day for two week cause i'm broke and neglecting my studies
i'd still rather be white though thank fuck for that
>>
>>68859268
>only liberal women are whores
>>
>>68864750
all women are whores, well like 98%
>>
>>68859268
Something I've wondered for a long time:

Legally-speaking, can retarded people give consent?
>>
>>68863774
Jesus Christ
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.