[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Terminator 1 >The Terminator is damaged and wears a pair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: terminator terminator 2.jpg (190 KB, 960x1417) Image search: [Google]
terminator terminator 2.jpg
190 KB, 960x1417
>Terminator 1
>The Terminator is damaged and wears a pair of sunglasses to hide his inhumanity

>Terminator 2
>The Terminator decides to wear sunglasses at night to look "cool"

This is why T1 > T2
>>
>>68852723
Indeed.
>>
look mom i posted it again

that means its funny right
>>
>>68852723
He had to complete the look. For disguise you know.
>>
>this thread again
>>
>man tells the Terminator "fuck you, asshole!"
>man gets killed for it
>so far phrase has 0% success rate at getting you what you want
>Terminator uses it anyway
>>
>>68852723
>let's complain about how one film about time travelling robots is more realistic than another film about time travelling robots.

fuck this board.
>>
>>68852975
T.2 apologist
>>
File: T2JDTwoStuntDoublesInOneShot!.jpg (53 KB, 847x365) Image search: [Google]
T2JDTwoStuntDoublesInOneShot!.jpg
53 KB, 847x365
>Terminator 2
>it keeps cutting to obvious stunt doubles

I know /tv/plebs complain about the eye removal scene in T1, but this is far more jarring tbqh.
>>
T1 > T2 because T2 is basically a kid's movie with violence and cussing. There's so many sappy kid jokes in the movie.
>>
>>68852723

The T-800 in T1 went from human to machine, the T-800 in T2 went from machine to human. The sunglasses made him look less human and more bug-eyed, which is why James made those decisions.

Jesus Christ OP, if you had listened to the T2 commentary track you'd have known this.
>>
>>68853109
for a 25 year old movie it aged great.

better than cgi shit everywhere and the t1000 still looks great, animation a little dated and lighting iffy but the execution was brilliant.

Who cares if its a lighter remake of T1 its the best sequel ever made.

Its like comparing Aliens and Alien both very good but very different movies.
>>
>>68853125
>its a kids movie
>has a teen in it
>???
It was rated AO/X in my country for years its not a fucking teen movie
>>68853183
great now i have to rewatch it.
>>
>>68853210
I guess it's just a side effect of how action films are made. I doubt they were thinking of people watching it in high definition 25 years later.

But you can see the jerky special effects in the first Terminator and appreciate the work that went into them, especially considering the budget.

Then Terminator 2 had a much bigger budget and plenty of realistic/amazing special effects (like the CGI, which I agree still works), so the little things stand out more. You really notice Edward Furlong transforming into an adult man and back when there's genuine destruction and explosions going on around him.
>>
>>68852723
I'm a "millennial" 34 years old and just shake my head at the lack of understanding by those my age and younger. I guess nowadays everything has to specifically spelled out with giant explosions and over the top horror. I laugh dismissively of course at the fools who think this is a bad movie. I'm sorry this does hold your interest perhaps you can find more appeal with your face buried in your smartphone.
>>
>>68853417
One of camerons last R rated films too.

Fuck having a mind like that wasted on goddamn Avatard sequels for 10+ years is insane.
>>
>>68853446
25 year old here.

My generation is completely fucking retarded.

Younger and only Gen Y are the most clueless bunch of pc correct dumb dimwitted pussified wankers to ever exist.
>>
T1 is better simply for being an original idea. T2 lacks novelty.
>>
>>68853502
You sound like an edgy teenager who heard the Beatles for the first time
>>
File: chubby mark hamill.jpg (91 KB, 660x439) Image search: [Google]
chubby mark hamill.jpg
91 KB, 660x439
>>68853589
>T1 is better simply for being an original idea.

BASED ON AN IDEA BY HARLAN ELLISON.

He invented every science-fiction idea and if you disagree he will sue.
>>
>>68852723
>Terminator 1
>The Terminator is damaged and wears a pair of sunglasses to hide his inhumanity

>Terminator 2
>The Terminator decides to wear sunglasses to imitate humanity

FTFY

Now you can stop reposting this.
>>
File: 129030032.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
129030032.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
>>68853771
forgot muh pic
>>
>>68853109
You never notice it when watching the movie. You do notice however that it's all real stunts.
>>
>Terminator 2
>always assumed it was a classic "robot learns what it is to be human" story
>rewatched it recently
>turns out he was just robotically doing exactly what John asked all along
>>
>>68853892
It is noticeable.

Another obvious one in the same scene is when there's the explosion, because they both ride toward the camera.

Again, it's not something I noticed on VHS, but it's clear on the Blu-ray.
>>
>>68853722
He looks reptilian.
>>
>>68853722
He won the claim though, so he's right
>>
>>68854298
He's written thousands of stories so it's no surprise if similar ideas pop up in film.

He's famously a huge jerk and being lawsuit-happy doesn't help that.

I think the only reason he didn't push the In Time suit further is because it was a shitty movie.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.