[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you like it when they sing in your cartoons? i fucking hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: Robot_hell_song.jpg (65 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Robot_hell_song.jpg
65 KB, 720x540
do you like it when they sing in your cartoons? i fucking hate it. i hated disney as a kid because of all the singing.

my pic is one of the very few good musical numbers
>>
It depends if the song is good or not.
>>
Futurama had the best fucking musical numbers
>>
I dislike them them for the most part, but there are some good ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JDzlhW3XTM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ6OSf1jKiI
>>
>>68851729
How do you feel about live action musicals?

My guess is you only watch cartoons on account of the obvious autism. Am I right?
>>
>i hated disney as a kid because of all the singing.
You must have been one horrible hate filled child.

How the hell can you hate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOTZJ8EFgpk
>>
>>68851823
I dislike musicals as well. I tried to listen to the Hamilton musical and had to turn that garbage off.

I don't watch much cartoons. But it's there where the singing happens most often so I figured I would ask what /tv/ thinks
>>
>>68851729
The climax of 'The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings' is the best in cartoon musical i've ever heard.

Also the RnB in American Dad
>>
>>68851857
That's just annoying.
>>
>>68851917
Yep, autism.
>>
>>68851933
I don't have autism. I just don't get music and dancing.
>>
>>68851977
If you don't get such a basic fucking human thing as music you have fucking autism.
>>
I like the "garbageman can" song on the Simpsons when Homer became the head of the sanatation department in Springfield
>>
>>68851977
As someone who has worked in theater and musical theater, that really is pretty common. I personally love a good musical, but they are polarizing. Some people just hate musical numbers in general, like you. I'm not sure why that is though.
>>
If they're plot relevant, usually fine with it, if it's just "It's a Musical Episode!" i think it's pretty stupid.

If they're well written though i really don't care. I like music. S1-4 Futurama was fucking GOAT.
>>
>>68851977
When you say you don't get music and dancing, do you mean that you don't understand any type of music at all? That no music has every affected you emotionally?
>>
>>68852057
I can get into theater pretty easily but musicals do nothing for me.

Everyone was raving and raving about Hamilton and I absolutely hated it.

I fucking hate poetry too. Poetry is where failed writers go.
>>
>>68852116
It's extremely rare that music does anything at all for me but it can happen. I do like some artists like Josh Homme or whatever.

Dancing is just an enigma for me. Completely alien.
>>
>>68851729
>do you like it when they sing in your cartoons?
it's fine

>i fucking hate it.
i don't care

>i hated disney as a kid because of all the
singing.
get help for your emotional development problems
>>
>>68851893
>Also the RnB in American Dad
that was the worst fucking episode of that show for that very reason
>>
>>68852134

I feel you senpai

Poetry is the fucking worst

And ive been exposed to a lot of it, yates, thouroe, whitman, byron, etc. never enjoyed any of it.
>>
Musicals are awful
>>
File: b12.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
b12.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>68851729
your cartoons just aren't doin it right
>>
>>68851729
Seems like an excuse to not be funny or interesting for 5 minutes
>>
>>68852205
I'm sorry but as someone who works with a lot of autisftic kids, you sound to me like you are pretty deep into the spectrum. Maybe not enough to deeply impair your day to day, but I suspect getting g diagnosed is going to help you and ypour parents a lot going g forward. There's no need to be scared.
>>
>>68852026

That's a parody of "Candy Man" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
>>
>>68852306
GIIIIIIRRRLLLLL
>>
>>68851791
>...The use of words expressing something other than their literal intention
>now that IS irony
Informative too
>>
>>68851823
I fucking love fiddler on the roof. Ba diddy diddy diddy diddy dum.
>>
>>68851729
I like Disney songs, what I don't like is faux Broadway in it., which is almost all the Renaissance.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>68852435
Dude, I'm 25 years old and live alone. I doubt a diagnose would change anything in my life. And I doubt even more that I got autism.

Pic is another acceptable singing number.
>>
>>68852440
yes, i'm pretty sure everyone who is alive was aware of that
>>
>>68852435
i'm sorry but as someone with a fucking brain, you sound like a moron trying to make a diagnosis based off of 2 sentences
>>
>>68852257
Fuck you Keats is sublime. Jorge Luis Borges is also one of my favorite contemporary poets.
>>
>>68852662
To be fair just posting on /tv/ means you're already on the spectrum.

t. Autist
>>
>>68852662
Armchair psychs are the best.

>>68852669
Fuck off. If he had any fucking talent or skill he would have written novels.
>>
>>68852613
It would change the way you think and deal with the world anon. It helps you deal with thoughts feelings and emotions that make you feel such an outsider and helps heal. You aren't stuck that way, anon, you have the power to change. I would strongly suggest getting a diagnosis from your doctor, it won't take long. If I'm wrong no harm no foul, if I'm right it will change your life for the better. I wish you luck either way.
>>
>>68852715
>pfft, if that sculptor had any talent he would have been an architect
apples and oranges
>>
>>68852662
Not being able to emotionally engage with music is common with the kids I work with. Anon sounds a lot like them. You get a feeling after a while and sure I may be wrong, I think its worth him checking.
>>
In kid's cartoons yeah can't stand it, made me cringe to fuck as a kid, can't stand it now (band geeks doesn't count). Adult cartoons yend to do it pretty well though. Family Guy doesn't count because it's shit.
>>
>>68852891
If he's fucking 25 it would've been noticed already, you're fucking dumb
>>
File: JackinItInSD.png (864 KB, 1835x987) Image search: [Google]
JackinItInSD.png
864 KB, 1835x987
I'm gonna jack it where the sun always shines!!!!!!
>>
>>68852715
>Fuck off. If he had any fucking talent or skill he would have written novels.

oh wow
>>
>>68852715
>If he had any fucking talent or skill he would have written novels.
You're plebitude has caused me physical pain anon. Congratulations, you win this round.
>>
>>68852926

They tried to recapture the spirit of this with boogers and cum, but I don't think anything can quite match this.
>>
>>68852925
Yes, its noticed all the time. But its not often diagnosed correctly. Especially in older persons the trend is to treat them as anti social or more cruelly as stupid. You need to keep in mind it is a spectrum not a binary absolute. I'm not saying anon is literally lost in his own head levels but he's further on the spectrum than he realizes.
>>
>>68853040
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=armchair+psychologist
>>
>>68852954
Being a poet is like running hurdle. You only do it because you can't fucking compete at the real shit.
>>
>>68853081
Yes, I've headed the term before. What of it? The fact I've worked for years with Autistic kids is apparently not relevant. Its up to him I guess if he wants to spend a few minutes with his GP that could better his life.
>>
>>68853040
Jesus christ dude give it a rest. I don't have autism.

I just don't like music and dancing.
>>
To get off of the topic of autism, it depends on why it's there. If the movie or show is a musical, and does it to tell a story, that works out. But if it's just there because it's a cheap way to kill time, that's different.

It's like the difference between the first two seasons of scooby doo. After the first one, they couldn't fill an entire episode slot with stuff happening, so they decided to put a song in to take up 5 minutes or so while they run around.
>>
>>68853208
In your own words you see dancing as alien. If I had a dollar for every kid using g that phrase for music, dancing, human emotions, well sir I'd be rich.
Neither you norI can confirm if you're autistic to any degree, I just strongly suspect it. Without malice or cruelty intended I urge you to see your GP about this.
>>
>>68853334
>tfw you're so uncoordinated and awkward you just pretend to hate dancing so no one laughs
>Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
I think it's an American thing.

They lack subtlety so they feel the need to sing everything.

Also I wish those self righteous fucks who do /v/ the musical would fuck right off.
>>
>>68853403
>tfw so awkward you only dance with at least 5 grams
>>
>>68853334
What would even be the point?

"You got them autisms mate" says the doctor.

Ok? So you got a pill I take to fix that? No? Then why fucking bother.
>>
>>68853334
>If you don't like saccharine, patronising American musicals then you're on the spectrum

See this is why I hate psychology. If you don't conform to exactly what society likes then you're deemed abnormal and have a condition? Psychology by its very nature is theoretical and based heavily around what is deemed socially acceptable at the time (e.g. homosexuality was seen as a mental illness hurr hurr it still is gas the kikes race war now), so making a judgement just because someone doesn't like something is regulatory. Do you want all people to be the same, anon? Machines programmed to like only what is deemed acceptable?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.