[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://deadline.com/2016/04/stephen -merchant-wolverine-3-hu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: char_60587_thumb.jpg (4 KB, 130x148) Image search: [Google]
char_60587_thumb.jpg
4 KB, 130x148
http://deadline.com/2016/04/stephen-merchant-wolverine-3-hugh-jackman-x-men-1201745268/

>Stephen Merchant To Star With Hugh Jackman In ‘Wolverine 3’

>The Office co-creator Stephen Merchant has joined the cast of 20th Century Fox’s Wolverine 3, the latest in the Hugh Jackman-starring X-Men stand-alone franchise. Jackman has said this will be his last go-round as the character he began playing 17 years ago.

Turns out...little monkey fella'.
>>
>>68848632
literally why
that is fucking god awful casting
>>
>>68848717
>that is fucking god awful casting
no, he genuinely looks like some kind of mutant

> possibly a speaking role
Oh, then all bets are off
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x492
Lanky goggle eyed freak
>>
an actual mutant
>>
>>68848717
I agree, he's the worst possible choice for that role.
>>
Didn't Karl just gawk at Stephen without saying anything when they first met?
>>
>>68848632
Richard E Grant also has closed a deal to join the cast that already includes franchise staple Patrick Stewart and Narcos‘ Boyd Holbrook as the main villain.
>>
>Wolverine gets perfect ending in DoFP
>Let's make another solo Wolverine movie!

What's the story there? He's a cool guy and all but they can't even do the X-men justice with all those characters, and instead they give Wolverine 3 of his own movies when he's already a big focus of 4 of in the series.
>>
File: kp.jpg (8 KB, 195x259) Image search: [Google]
kp.jpg
8 KB, 195x259
No one likes to pick on a mutant...

...Steve...
>>
>>68850411
Old Man Logan
>>
>>68848717

What role is he in?

How do you know it's awful casting if they haven't announced what character he's playing?
>>
>>68850486
Mate you and I both know steve doesn't have the acting chops to be an x-men movie.
He might look like a mutant but he's typecast for a reason and the roles he's typecast for do not belong in the current x-men movies.
ESPECIALLY Wolverine.
>>
>>68850445
>>
>>68850486

It was cheaper to dress him as a tree than to animate a CGI Groot
>>
>>68850259
Sounds awful.
>>
>>68850515
>the acting chops to be an x-men movie

lol

Every single X-Men movie has 3-4 good theater actors at the lead, with a dozen tv-tier actors filling the supporting cast.

They can cast him as something like Cypher and he'll be fine.
>>
>>68850454
It's Old Man Logan in name only since they can't use any of the supporting characters from the original story that aren't X-related (which is nearly all of them)
>>
>>68850723
Well yeah you don't need to be a skilled actor but smerch can only really do the same old roles and I can't see them fitting into the movie really
That's my point and if you disagree with me then you're an idiot poo head
>>
>>68850515
>Mate you and I both know steve doesn't have the acting chops to be an x-men movie.
>>
>>68850411
> Everyone gets perfect ending in DoFP
> Let's make more Xmen/Wolverine movies
>>
He'll be playing some awkward character with a useless mutation who's there for a bit of comic relief and maybe a touch of plot convenience.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.