[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this. Did I like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: midnight-special.jpg (297 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
midnight-special.jpg
297 KB, 1012x1500
Just watched this. Did I like it?
>>
File: 1394129559790.png (72 KB, 1258x1426) Image search: [Google]
1394129559790.png
72 KB, 1258x1426
>>68848389
>just watched
not
>just experienced this

results in: you hated it
>>
>>68848389
It was fucking amazing
>>
I was kind of confused by the ending, but in a good way.
it left me with a weird feeling.
>>
>>68849119
Same here

I'd never seen a movie with that kind of atmosphere before, that low-key sci-fi type of thing. Plus that little piano theme that kept playing was pretty good.

>yfw this does the religious parallels that Zack Snyder thought he was doing 10x better

By the same token, how come we never see any cults surrounding Superman in those movies?
>>
Utter trash. I enjoyed both Take Shelter and Mud but come on this was just bad.
>>
>>68848389
No anon, you found it shit and are going to preach this message in all the CW threads popping up every 5 minutes
>>
>>68850643
What about Shotgun Stories?
>>
>>68850362
Yeah I couldn't help but have the same insight with respect to Snyder's crudity when exploring a somewhat similar idea. Somewhat ironic Shannon has a foot in both camps.

I also thought the cast, even the kid, were all amazingly believable in this kind of a movie. Understated, even restrained performances but still powerful.
>>
it felt...

strange im not sure what to make of it.

i loved take shelter had one of the best endings to a movie i have ever fucking seen mud and shotgun stories but this ehh i just dont know.

It was very interesting but the pacing was a little iffy, i know its hard with that kind of script with long streches of nothing happening to keep it interesting but yeah pacing issues.

8/10

Ill have to rewatch it at some point.

I need to compare it to take shelter and shotgun as ive seen mud like 3 times
>>
nj
>>
>>68851300
good film, better than mud

take shelter > shotgun > mud > special
>>
>>68856552
think you might have that round the wrong way
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.