[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the best new media film critics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Chris.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Chris.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
Who are the best new media film critics?
>>
not that faggot
>>
>>68848127

i enjoy RLM for entertainment, AngryJoe for passion and Stuckmann for his short and sweet reviews

that being said, reviewing stuff as a profession is retarded, i just enjoy watching people talk about stuff i enjoy, i don't let their opinions weigh in on whether or not i will watch something
>>
>>68848182
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.
>>
>>68848127
>>68848146

/tv/ is basically that guy but fatter and without the money to buy all the expensive merchandise.
>>
>>68848127
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC4rt7K8fPY
>>
>>68848196

i don't get why Stuckmanns shitty BvS rewrite blew up so much, clearly it's not his forté, but it spiked a massive overreaction from fanbois

some people take their capeshit too seriously
>>
>>68848236
>write shitty re-write saying his version "gives Supes some depth and gives Bats some clear motivation" or something along those lines

>minutes later tweets: "You know what's sad? I wrote that in 20 minutes."

>he tweeted that -- as if he was actually proud of it and expected everyone else to be

>gets hate and criticized for script

>"lol I was just joking guys. I didn't put any effort into it and knew it wasn't that great! Even though I implied I could do better in 20 minutes than an Oscar winning screenwriter could do over the course of months/years"

No, he shouldn't get threats or excessive hate. But it was still douchy what he did, and his attempt at backpedaling was pathetic.
>>
>>68848236
It was honestly really terrible. Then his reaction to criticism just amplified it
>>
are there any reviewers that aren't manchildren who follow capeshit?
>>
>>68848311

Yeah.

The teenage twatter fanboys and "nerd" grrls hating on him was pathetic, but so was his reaction.

That whole "I just wrote it in 20 minutes" shtick was beta and defensive AF, and his rambling defense video was the same. He should have just said, "Screw you guys" or ignore it altogether.
>>
>>68848363
Not that I can think of.

Most new critics are massive fanboys for all things comic book and Star Wars and who judge movies based on how 'fun' they are.

If you can find any reviewers that actually take the medium seriously and don't geek out over every new Marvel trailer please let me know because I'd love to watch his or her videos.
>>
>>68848311
>>68848336

yeah, i guess some people are just too invested in either Stuckmann or BvS

i have no opinion of the dude, just watch the occational review he does because he sums up movies pretty well.

from an objective point of view he should just have admitted that his rewrite was dogshit, but no matter what the threats to his family and shit is just way beyond retarded
>>
>>68848127
When your income depends on click counter there is no way you will ever make good content.

Internet business model killed the internet. I only browse 4chan for pop culture 'news' and discussion and it's a shithole.
>>
>>68848363
Just follow KermodeandMayo
Like him or not, at least he's a reviewer that isn't a manchild
>>
>>68848363
Only manchildren follow capeshit, so no.
>>
>>68848480
Huh, I never thought of that.
I know everyone says 'oh you gave this Star Wars film or Marvel film a bad review. Click-bait!' And while that might be new with somewhat obscure critics, I wonder how many established reviewers give these films glowing reviews to appease their built-up fanbase (i.e. Marvel fans).

After all -- the majority of Stuckmanns fans, the Schmoes fans, Jahn's fans... they are all comic book geeks who love Marvel and Star Wars and whatnot.

Similar to how Doug Walker seems to have gone full SJW since that is all his current fanbase is made up of.

Maybe it's all a ploy and they're playing to their niche. If that's the case, though, maybe it is time we stop taking them seriously and just ignore them.
>>
>>68848236
DCucks are sensitive and tried forcing him into a meme.
>>
>>68848620
Point is, only way you can make a living online is to hope your punditry gets noticed. In order to grow you have to metastasize your cancerous content.

Cue the facecam, wacky thumbnails, capeshit only discussion etc...

...the only channel I know that is successful and deviates from the norm is Every Frame A Painting.
>>
File: 1461429197062.jpg (65 KB, 523x520) Image search: [Google]
1461429197062.jpg
65 KB, 523x520
>>68848127
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.