[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tv/, what's the best route to get into Tarkovsky? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: tarkovsky.jpg (264 KB, 736x875) Image search: [Google]
tarkovsky.jpg
264 KB, 736x875
So /tv/, what's the best route to get into Tarkovsky? I've always found his films to be too obtuse for me. I saw Nosthalgia and didn't get it, what should I do /tv/? Is there a certain mindset I should have? Where should I start?
>>
>>68833633
>I saw Nosthalgia and didn't get it, what should I do /tv/?
Don't watch his movies? Why would you force yourself to watch a director you don't like?
>>
File: tarkovskys.jpg (199 KB, 944x617) Image search: [Google]
tarkovskys.jpg
199 KB, 944x617
Ivan's Childhood -> Andrei Rublev -> Stalker -> Solaris -> The Sacrifice -> Nostalghia -> Mirror
>>
>>68833671
Because I feel like if I could get into him there could be a lot to gain and enjoy. Do you just immediately stop watching movies you don't get?
>>
>>68833711

Basically almost in chronological order of his movies made
>>
>>68833711
aww the Mirror was the one that interested me the most. thank you for this list and picture OP. any rhyme or reason behind it?
>>
>>68833721
>Do you just immediately stop watching movies you don't get?
This doesn't make any sense. You finished watching Nostalghia right? You didn't like it right? So don't watch the rest of his movies. I assure you Nostalghia is not an outlier.
>>
>>68833765
Mirror is objectively his best but it's far too different. It's more 'challenging' than Nostalghia.
>>
>>68833765
It goes from straightforward narrative to his more personal, experimental works
>>
>>68833633
He's a film maker's film maker
His films have very little "entertainment" value
>>
>>68833877
normies roo
>>
File: andrei-chan.jpg (29 KB, 220x281) Image search: [Google]
andrei-chan.jpg
29 KB, 220x281
Bump.
>>
>>68833633
SOLARIS, of course...

Nostalgia is about longing for Russia, so you either have to be Russian or know Russians to get it. It's a movie about the West from an Eastern perspective. I don't recall it well, aside from the images.

Painters may enjoy Andrei Rublev.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.