[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you have done in his place?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
What would you have done in his place?
>>
Save private Ryan
>>
>>68823373
Kill some Germans
>>
>>68823373
Dunno, mate. When I watched the movie, I hjought that Upham was a coward, but when I was in the military myself, I wasn't sure if I'd react in actual combat the same as him.
>>
Not volunteered for the mission.
Do secretarial work at base
Get carpal tunnel syndrome
Get my dick sucked on leave
>>
>>68823962
This, more or less.

Guys line up in droves to die, especially during wartime. No need to jump my turn.
>>
>>68823962
Did he volunteer?

thought he got assigned to the squad when Tom Hanks went asking for a translator
>>
I would have been in a better movie for starters
>>
File: faraday.jpg (304 KB, 1278x673) Image search: [Google]
faraday.jpg
304 KB, 1278x673
>>68823373

Travel back in time, tell Jack to detonate a nuclear warhead at the building site of the Pearl station and then walk into a camp of Others and get shot by my own mother
>>
>>68823373

Wouldn't have goofed around with guns, for one thing. I'd take out my fucking quad-folded katana (imported from the far east) and cut those kraut faggots in half. I'm no bitch, you need to stand up for yourself. Nobody can do it for you, nobody will offer you mercy like that movie unrealistically did. Only the strong survive.
>>
I would accept that I couldn't do something as important as that and ask for another role, specially when the lives of other people are going to depend on me.

He was a coward and a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 2326666.png (902 KB, 869x1520) Image search: [Google]
2326666.png
902 KB, 869x1520
Surrendered like a good German
>>
To be honest I probably would have just gotten shot and killed at the beach.
>>
>>68823848
If you can't save your comrade who is getting stabbed by an enemy soldier 20 feet away from you than you should consider suicide.
>>
>>68824236
How's it going for the soviets now ?
USA USA USA
>>
>>68824218
You don't know your own limits until you're in the shit, anon. Not even training can prepare you for the reality of actual combat against a technologically superior enemy.
>>
>>68823373
Turn 360 and walk away
>>
>>68824249

When I see scenes like that beach landing I always think it's not that the main characters are such badasses or great soldiers, it's just that they're incredibly lucky.
>>
>>68824375
Pretty much

80%+ casualty rates on Omaha beach
>>
>>68823373
It was a 1v1 hand to hand (knife) fight that was 10 feet from him. He could have kicked the fucker in the head and let the real soldier continue the fight. He basically killed his own teammate
>>
>>68824375
Basically this, maybe I would've also been lucky, who knows
>>
>>68824307
Well yeah, that was pretty amateurish, desu.
>>
I fucking hated Adam Goldberg in this movie, so probably the same thing.
>>
>>68824359

He knew he was a coward through the entire film.

If I don't feel confident about something then I would accept it and relegate something as important to another teammmate.
>>
>>68824404
This. He should have been shot for that treasonous shit. He listen to his comrade die while he screamed for his help and did absolutely nothing.
>>
>>68823373
I'm a big guy, so if I acted like that, the German will kill me. So I guess I'll fight.
>>
>>68824236
And a Muslim woman did this not long ago in Moscow

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAAA
>>
Obviously nobody knows until they actually go through it, but I like to think I'd have the courage to shoot a man in the back to prevent him from killing my buddy.

That scene infuriated me to no end.
>>
>>68824576
She was schizophrenic.
>>
>>68824404
lol and white guys complain about nigger tactics in WSHH and you call him "real soldier" hahaha

That jewboy was going to die fair n square and only a nigger tactic could save him
>>
Anything think it was kinda dumb to have that exact same guy they released to show for his redemption?
>>
>>68823962
He got assigned to the squad, he didn't have a choice.
>>
>>68824359
He was a cartographer/translator with no combat experience and they were fucking rangers.
>>
>>68824616
She said "I am your death, allahu ackbar!"

No, she was motivated and hated ruskies any proper Muslim would
>>
>>68824631
>war
>fair

I want retards to leave this thread
>>
>>68823373
Went up the stairs and kill that German soldier.
>>
>>68824632
No, whats dumb is for it to be a different guy who looks nearly identical. Spielberg trying to dehumanize all Germans and make all of their deaths seem valid and deserved
>>
he did the moral thing by letting the jew die to be honest family
>>
File: dead-germ.jpg (107 KB, 609x788) Image search: [Google]
dead-germ.jpg
107 KB, 609x788
>>68823373
Kill those German fuckin' shits.
I would also execute everyone in Steambot Willy's squad when they surrendered.
>>
>>68823373
rip sleeves off of shirt

put bullet belt around shoulders

go "Rambo" and kill all nazis by myself

fuck the nearest big-tittied hottie who runs out to greet me afterwards.
>>
Why did the German let him live? Are they not such bad guys after all?
>>
>>68824884
He was more useful to them alive than dead.
>>
>>68824721
So you agree with me that he was gong to die anyway because it wasn't fair he got a coward for a partner, I mean war isn't fair right? When you're a weak jew fighting against an ubermensch and you cry for your bitch partner to come and save you and he doesnt hahahaahaha
>>
>>68824069
Why did they need a translator anyway if they were looking for an American soldier?
>>
>>68824884
He saw Upham crying like a puss and recognized him as a weakling so he didn't bother

Pay attention to glorious Americans in this thread and how they claim "i'd rape and kill all them kruats lol XD" This is what is considered "honor" in America, bitch about whenever something bad happens but have the time of your life when the enemy is weaker than you.
>>
>>68825041
>>68824927
>this triggered stormweenie
LOL
>>
>>68825009

They were navigating a long way through occupied France, it gave them the ability to communicate with both the French civilians and any Germans they might encounter along the way
>>
>>68825009
Interrogating prisoners/local populace.
>>
Defect from the US army and join a cause worth fighting for.
>>
File: tips stahlhelm.jpg (28 KB, 476x717) Image search: [Google]
tips stahlhelm.jpg
28 KB, 476x717
>>68825180
>>
>>68825057
Le Stormfag boogey man meme

You know its the truth, Americans have pathetic egos especially infantry when its other aspects of the military that actually win wars
>>
>>68823373
I would go up stairs because I think other American soldiers know what to do
>>
I don't really even get his cowardance. I can understand being afraid, and maybe its different in a life or death situation, but the german guy literally has his back turned to him. If he just goes up the stairs it'll either distract the german guy enough so the other guy can sucker punch him or he'll reach for his gun, freeing a hand on the knife and also getting sucker punched. He doesn't even have to shoot the german guy, he literally could've been a distraction with 0% chance of getting killed and could've saved that guys life.
>>
>>68823373
I would have found Desmond Hume.
>>
MUH D-DAY still baffles me to this day. If the operation was a failure the masterminds would have offed themselves, but since it was a success the entire plan of DUDE LET'S OVERWHELM THE GERMANS BY THROWING PEOPLE TO MACHINE GUN FIRE, WE GOT ENOUGH GUYS TO PULL IT OFF is now a good plan and literally sacrificing all those soldiers is OK because the victors can pretend they were heroes and shit.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.