[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else rent this as a kid thinking it was going to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Did anyone else rent this as a kid thinking it was going to be a real horror/scifi movie because of the cover?

It's a good movie but I was so disappointed when it turned out to be a musical so I didn't really appreciate it as a kid.
>>
>>68816198
It literally says "musical comedy" on the cover.
>>
I was taken to a performance of the stage show as a kid and it scared the shit out of me.

The actors sliding down Audrey 2's mouth was terrifying to me.
>>
File: Rick_Moranis_PNG.png (956 KB, 916x957) Image search: [Google]
Rick_Moranis_PNG.png
956 KB, 916x957
>>68816198
LITTLE
>>
>>68816198
I had the opposite reaction. It gave me a love of musicals because it appealed to my love of monster movies. I rented this all the time from the VHS rental place.
The new director's cut ending is better even if the old one is still nice. You just miss out on one of the best songs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kyG5F98iZE
Did the original ending suit the rest of the film?
>>
File: 1443670259739.jpg (91 KB, 821x417) Image search: [Google]
1443670259739.jpg
91 KB, 821x417
The movie is a marvel in practical effects. At the end of the movie the actors are acting in 1/4 speed in order to sync up with Audrey. The movie plays at normal speed and it is in my opinion the best puppetry ever displayed on film.
>>
>>68817935
theatrical ending if you believe the geeky guy can get the girl and save the world.

director's cut ending if you're a complete nihilist.
>>
>>68817935
Man I need to see it in a theatre one day just for the last shot.
>>
>>68818031
The problem with the original ending in the movie is Seymour and Audrey are too sympathetic and likeable. The stage musical is more nihilistic and Seymour and Audrey are shittier people. They deserve what they get and everyone does because they do the same thing and listen to the plants.
The movie is happier in tone and so while the original ending is great, I don't know how well it fits the rest of the picture.
>>
>>68818193
yeah it doesn't really. Seymour in the movie is way too likeable. I mean, it's Rick Moranis for god's sake.
>>
>SUDDENLY SEEEEEEYMOOOOUUR....

Best song
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.